Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finally 20:19 - Feb 14 with 2399 viewsWxmJax

Newtown bypass opened today. Hopefully cuts down travel time for people. Sad but it's actually got me excited

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Finally on 20:33 - Feb 14 with 2047 viewsPacemaker

I shall be looking forward to using it next weekend

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Finally on 20:34 - Feb 14 with 2045 viewsLeonWasGod

Excellent, well done 👍
Finally on 20:54 - Feb 14 with 2020 viewsProfessor

Tomorrow for me. Will save a fair bit of time. Spent too many hours in jams through Newtown.
Finally on 20:59 - Feb 14 with 2009 viewsPrivate_Partz

,,,, and so you should be. It is so rare for something like this to be done that is not in, or for the benefit of, Cardiff.
Shame it is only a 3 lane road with a dangerously narrow cycle element and a roundabout instead of proper slip roads.
Still its a start and I hope it heralds more projects outside of SE Wales.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Finally on 21:06 - Feb 14 with 1994 viewsGowerjack

No more endless jams at the lights by McDonalds...

There's a good music shop just up the road though.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Finally on 22:19 - Feb 14 with 1940 viewsWxmJax

Finally on 21:06 - Feb 14 by Gowerjack

No more endless jams at the lights by McDonalds...

There's a good music shop just up the road though.

Tesco ?

Finally on 22:26 - Feb 14 with 1929 viewsmajorraglan

Great news, but it’s taken long enough. Anybody driven through Ammanford recently, bloody nightmare. They are turning the traffic lights on the main road into the town into a roundabout, it’s taken ....... ages and there are always traffic jams. Why do civil engineering projects seem to take forever in the UK?
Finally on 22:53 - Feb 14 with 1905 viewsPrivate_Partz

Finally on 22:26 - Feb 14 by majorraglan

Great news, but it’s taken long enough. Anybody driven through Ammanford recently, bloody nightmare. They are turning the traffic lights on the main road into the town into a roundabout, it’s taken ....... ages and there are always traffic jams. Why do civil engineering projects seem to take forever in the UK?

Llandeilo is a beut even without roadworks. You take your life in your hands walking through the town centre there.
Narrow pavements and juggernauts don't mix well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Finally on 21:19 - Feb 16 with 1689 viewsSTID2017

Finally on 20:54 - Feb 14 by Professor

Tomorrow for me. Will save a fair bit of time. Spent too many hours in jams through Newtown.

I drove on it on Thursday. Hope there will be further improvements along the route

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Finally on 21:23 - Feb 16 with 1674 viewsswan65split

Finally on 21:19 - Feb 16 by STID2017

I drove on it on Thursday. Hope there will be further improvements along the route

What's the best way . through lllandridnod, or rhyader?
Finally on 21:32 - Feb 16 with 1669 viewsbuilthjack

Finally on 21:23 - Feb 16 by swan65split

Landod is less miles, but bendy. Rhayader way is about 9 miles longer.
Landod way is the quickest.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 22:04]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Finally on 21:54 - Feb 16 with 1647 viewsdickythorpe

Carmarthen is ridiculous at times. Should have been one way in and one way out. And they made the roundabout by the quins rugby club bigger!!! Lorries struggle
Finally on 06:07 - Feb 17 with 1531 viewsmajorraglan

Finally on 21:32 - Feb 16 by builthjack

Agreed, but I prefer the Rhayader road as it’s a nicer drive and I also take the short cut through Beulah. Used to tow through mid Wales and got used to the Rhayader road.
Finally on 09:54 - Feb 17 with 1486 viewsSTID2017

Finally on 21:23 - Feb 16 by swan65split

I came through Llandrindod, it was a lovely drive on a sunny day.
The bit between Brecon and Hirwaun is awful on a dark winter's evening though, came through Merthyr instead then.

Finally on 10:05 - Feb 17 with 1467 viewsswan65split

Finally on 21:32 - Feb 16 by builthjack

Thanks, pulling a 20 ft caravan, that narrow dog leg bit in Rhyader is a bit of a worry at busy times
Finally on 10:29 - Feb 17 with 1464 viewsSTID2017

Finally on 10:05 - Feb 17 by swan65split

Thanks, pulling a 20 ft caravan, that narrow dog leg bit in Rhyader is a bit of a worry at busy times

Avoid the stretch from Brecon to Hirwaun at all costs.
Even on a sunny day it wasn't the best, but on a stormy day or in the evening, not good at all

Finally on 11:27 - Feb 17 with 1451 viewsbuilthjack

Finally on 10:29 - Feb 17 by STID2017

Even on a sunny day it wasn't the best, but on a stormy day or in the evening, not good at all

If going from Swansea with a 20 foot caravan, go up the m4 to cross hands, then go to Llandeilo, Llandovery, Builth, Landod, Newtown and wherever from there

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Finally on 11:37 - Feb 17 with 1447 viewsjack_lord

which bit does it cut out then?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Finally on 11:40 - Feb 17 with 1444 viewsSTID2017

Finally on 11:37 - Feb 17 by jack_lord

which bit does it cut out then?

It by passes Newtown Town Centre

Finally on 11:58 - Feb 17 with 1426 viewsWxmJax

Finally on 22:53 - Feb 14 by Private_Partz

Llandeilo is a beut even without roadworks. You take your life in your hands walking through the town centre there.
Narrow pavements and juggernauts don't mix well.

Family came up on Friday, I told them to go Llandod way but they did Llandeilo instead. Said exactly the same as you so they're returning via Dolfor/Llandod. Safer and more scenic imho.

Finally on 14:13 - Feb 17 with 1398 viewsswan65split

Thats the one I usually take (Penderyn rd) weather permitting lol, so far so good, also taken the Cardiff route as the vans in Bridgend.
Finally on 22:12 - Feb 17 with 1316 viewsbuilthjack

The fish and chips are good in Hirwaun though

Finally on 05:38 - Feb 18 with 1251 viewsSTID2017

Finally on 14:13 - Feb 17 by swan65split

Thats the one I usually take (Penderyn rd) weather permitting lol, so far so good, also taken the Cardiff route as the vans in Bridgend.

It was lovely driving along there on Thursday when the weather was lovely.
However, drove along there on a horrible dark evening when it was lashing down last November.
Drove less than a mile and was so nervous I turned around and went back through Merthyr instead.
Had just had some bad news which didn't help, plus not being able to see the drop on the side of the road freaked me.

Finally on 22:22 - Feb 18 with 1146 viewsjack_lord

Finally on 11:40 - Feb 17 by STID2017

It by passes Newtown Town Centre

I was going to ask how it bypasses the centre and where it joins but I see it is already on google maps :) I always go the Llandod way and that long windy hill is a beaut.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Finally on 00:34 - Feb 19 with 1111 viewsProfessor

Finally on 22:22 - Feb 18 by jack_lord

I was going to ask how it bypasses the centre and where it joins but I see it is already on google maps :) I always go the Llandod way and that long windy hill is a beaut.

Takes out one hairpin bend at least. Came down Friday and back up today. Saves a good 10-15 mins mins. Been stuck too many tines in Newtown
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024