Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread 23:26 - Feb 14 with 31960 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 21:48]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 20:48 - Feb 16 with 2968 viewsChief

I don't have a very good feeling about tomorrow.

Brentford on decent form and we have a few injuries.

0-1 AET unfortunately

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 21:04 - Feb 16 with 2930 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 20:48 - Feb 16 by Chief

0-1 AET unfortunately

Their fans are worried about their away form.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 21:16 - Feb 16 with 2917 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 21:04 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

Their fans are worried about their away form.

Well they'd know better than me it but it doesn't seem too bad. Since Xmas 1-1 at the Wurzels, 0-0 at Brum, 2-4 win at Rotherham, 3-3 at Barnet in cup and then a 2-1 loss at forest who are lifted by O'Neill.

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 23:33 - Feb 16 with 2800 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 20:48 - Feb 16 by Chief

0-1 AET unfortunately

I have that sinking feeling about it too. A shame we haven’t got Routs and Fer fit.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 08:27 - Feb 17 with 2640 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 23:33 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I have that sinking feeling about it too. A shame we haven’t got Routs and Fer fit.

Montero in extra time could have been handy

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 08:55 - Feb 17 with 2603 viewsLoyal

Problem we will always have is we are a weakened squad anyway. So, injuries on top or half fit players makes us extremely likely to lose any game. This may well be a ' who wants it more ' game, winner takes all today, no replay.

Edit - and of course they have 1,100 fans coming so its hardly a bigee for them either. Theatre official Welsh comments on their forums are funny though. Looking forward to the game, anyone else ?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:35]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:24 - Feb 17 with 2486 views1983

5th round of the FA cup, straight forward journey down the M4, free coaches.
1,100 fans ! shocking turn out for them, always thought Brentford was a pointless club .

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 17 with 2480 viewsPegojack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 08:55 - Feb 17 by Loyal

Problem we will always have is we are a weakened squad anyway. So, injuries on top or half fit players makes us extremely likely to lose any game. This may well be a ' who wants it more ' game, winner takes all today, no replay.

Edit - and of course they have 1,100 fans coming so its hardly a bigee for them either. Theatre official Welsh comments on their forums are funny though. Looking forward to the game, anyone else ?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:35]

Yes, I'm looking forward to the game and the ability to watch it live on my tv for once, but I'm not optimistic. I think it'll all come down to motivation today.

A side note, watched FA Cup MOTD this morning and, unless I'm mistaken, they failed to mention our tie at all. They showed all the games played so far, they trailed Doncaster v Palace and Chelsea v Man Utd, but not one mention of the Swans. It's hard not to be paranoid in the face of this bias, in fact I've gone past that now and tend just to laugh at it. As far as the BBC sports department is concerned, our football club doesn't exist.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 17 with 2479 viewsswanforthemoney

0-1 AET unfortunately

We will win handsomely.
COYS

I stand in the North Stand

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:40 - Feb 17 with 2451 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 17 by Pegojack

Yes, I'm looking forward to the game and the ability to watch it live on my tv for once, but I'm not optimistic. I think it'll all come down to motivation today.

A side note, watched FA Cup MOTD this morning and, unless I'm mistaken, they failed to mention our tie at all. They showed all the games played so far, they trailed Doncaster v Palace and Chelsea v Man Utd, but not one mention of the Swans. It's hard not to be paranoid in the face of this bias, in fact I've gone past that now and tend just to laugh at it. As far as the BBC sports department is concerned, our football club doesn't exist.

It’s not really surprising. We’ve become a bit of a joke now and the national media barely mention us so we’re back under the radar again. I’d love to see a huge amount of egg splattered over their faces if we went ahead and actually won the darn thing! If we can squeeze past Brentford, with a kind home draw (Millwall anyone) in the quarters and with Fer and co back motivated we can at least enjoy another day out at Wembley again. Hopefully against Watford or Brizzle City in the semis. Then go back and beat Brighton in the final !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 11:17 - Feb 17 with 2404 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:40 - Feb 17 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s not really surprising. We’ve become a bit of a joke now and the national media barely mention us so we’re back under the radar again. I’d love to see a huge amount of egg splattered over their faces if we went ahead and actually won the darn thing! If we can squeeze past Brentford, with a kind home draw (Millwall anyone) in the quarters and with Fer and co back motivated we can at least enjoy another day out at Wembley again. Hopefully against Watford or Brizzle City in the semis. Then go back and beat Brighton in the final !

We'll said buddy. I'm bit old school and love the cup. I honestly think we'll squeeze through and dare I say it'll be Millwall at home in the quarters. Even if it's Citeh in the semi or final, Potts will have given us something to believe in again. Love the nerves before a big game like this....fear of the unknown.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 11:44 - Feb 17 with 2358 viewsyescomeon

What channel is it on? TV guide says the Doncaster v Palace game is on at 4 on bbc 1.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:45]

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 11:49 - Feb 17 with 2350 viewsbryncochjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 11:44 - Feb 17 by yescomeon

What channel is it on? TV guide says the Doncaster v Palace game is on at 4 on bbc 1.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 11:45]

BBC1 Wales, not the English varieties!
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:33 - Feb 17 with 2282 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 11:49 - Feb 17 by bryncochjack

BBC1 Wales, not the English varieties!

Balls, radio for me then. Was looking forward to watching the game this afternoon.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:39 - Feb 17 with 2267 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:33 - Feb 17 by yescomeon

Balls, radio for me then. Was looking forward to watching the game this afternoon.

Who you with for TV ?
some providers offer the option of watching Regional BBC channels as well as your own set regional channels

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:47 - Feb 17 with 2254 viewsyescomeon

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:39 - Feb 17 by STID2017

Who you with for TV ?
some providers offer the option of watching Regional BBC channels as well as your own set regional channels

I've got a smart TV. I've just found out that you can change your location in the settings on iplayer. So I can watch the game!

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 13:12 - Feb 17 with 2207 views1983

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:47 - Feb 17 by yescomeon

I've got a smart TV. I've just found out that you can change your location in the settings on iplayer. So I can watch the game!

Hold the boat!

I'm in that England place and have a Smart TV, Run me through it please as I only have minutes to spare when I get in from work

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 13:25 - Feb 17 with 2168 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 17 by swanforthemoney

We will win handsomely.
COYS

Hope so, if Oli's 100% we stand a far better chance.

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 13:34 - Feb 17 with 2137 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 13:12 - Feb 17 by 1983

Hold the boat!

I'm in that England place and have a Smart TV, Run me through it please as I only have minutes to spare when I get in from work

On Freeview/Sky/Virgin etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_One_Wales

Edit: Take your time, we don't usually start playing until the second half...
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 13:48]
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 13:44 - Feb 17 with 2107 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 12:47 - Feb 17 by yescomeon

Excellent news.
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:05 - Feb 17 with 2054 views1983

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 13:34 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

On Freeview/Sky/Virgin etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_One_Wales

Edit: Take your time, we don't usually start playing until the second half...
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 13:48]

Not on Ingerland freeview?
Haven't got sky or Virgin

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:12 - Feb 17 with 2035 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:05 - Feb 17 by 1983

Not on Ingerland freeview?
Haven't got sky or Virgin

Should be on BBC iPlayer if you search.

Edit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0c42skk

[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 14:15]
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:19 - Feb 17 with 2005 views1983

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:12 - Feb 17 by WarwickHunt

Should be on BBC iPlayer if you search.

Edit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0c42skk

[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 14:15]

iPlayer Broadcast
Today

15:40
BBC One Wales HD & Wales only

??

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:29 - Feb 17 with 1972 viewsjasper_T

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/how-to-guides/getting-started/nations_regions
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:55 - Feb 17 with 1900 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC FA Cup Match Thread on 14:19 - Feb 17 by 1983

iPlayer Broadcast
Today

15:40
BBC One Wales HD & Wales only

??

"This programme will be available shortly after broadcast" (on iPlayer).

Should work on your computer or see Jasper's post
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 14:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024