Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s vs Chelsea 18:48 - Feb 15 with 2166 viewsjasper_T

Kickoff 7pm. Stream as normal.

U23s vs Chelsea on 19:07 - Feb 15 with 2143 viewsjasper_T

6 minutes. 1-0 Swansea. Nice corner routine. Blake's cross, Keston with the header at the back post, loops in over their helpless keeper.
U23s vs Chelsea on 19:12 - Feb 15 with 2137 viewsjasper_T

Matt Blake's put three defensive headers back infield into dangerous areas. Someone should have a word.
U23s vs Chelsea on 19:31 - Feb 15 with 2103 viewsjasper_T

Ampadu's just tried to put a nasty revenge tackle in on Oli Cooper. Needs to grow up, getting to be a habit for him.
U23s vs Chelsea on 19:42 - Feb 15 with 2078 viewsjasper_T

Ref stopped the game for a head injury because he saw one of their lads fixing his hair band.

We've had 4 great chances from open play. Cullen and Maric the players you want them to fall to but all wasted/unfortunate/well defended at the last.
U23s vs Chelsea on 20:02 - Feb 15 with 2026 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu off, Josh McEachren's younger brother on.
U23s vs Chelsea on 20:33 - Feb 15 with 1976 viewsBadlands

Many good chances going waste.
Scoring goals at any level is hard but the unders seem to have the same problem as the seniors.
Is this a Swansea concern or common across football?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

U23s vs Chelsea on 20:46 - Feb 15 with 1925 viewsNeathJack

0-2 Cullen
U23s vs Chelsea on 20:46 - Feb 15 with 1924 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Chelsea on 20:46 - Feb 15 by NeathJack

0-2 Cullen

Nice Goal.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s vs Chelsea on 20:46 - Feb 15 with 1924 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Chelsea on 20:33 - Feb 15 by Badlands

Many good chances going waste.
Scoring goals at any level is hard but the unders seem to have the same problem as the seniors.
Is this a Swansea concern or common across football?

Good goalscorers are hard to find. The U23s haven't had big issues with it until this season. The boots of McBurnie and Byers are hard to fill.

Last season Maric would have buried at least one of his chances tonight. Cullen was a natural at u18s level but has struggled since moving up, where things are quicker and defenders are bigger. His all around game has come on dramatically this season, hopefully the touch in front of goal returns eventually as well.
U23s vs Chelsea on 20:47 - Feb 15 with 1918 viewsA_Fans_Dad

U23s vs Chelsea on 20:46 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

Good goalscorers are hard to find. The U23s haven't had big issues with it until this season. The boots of McBurnie and Byers are hard to fill.

Last season Maric would have buried at least one of his chances tonight. Cullen was a natural at u18s level but has struggled since moving up, where things are quicker and defenders are bigger. His all around game has come on dramatically this season, hopefully the touch in front of goal returns eventually as well.

Blake gets a second yellow and is Off.
U23s vs Chelsea on 20:59 - Feb 15 with 1856 viewsBadlands

Best showing for ages.
Good defence
Too many wasted chances though.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

U23s vs Chelsea on 21:04 - Feb 15 with 1836 viewsjasper_T

I had to step away just before the hour but a good result and performance from what I saw.

Joe Lewis isn't a right back but the games there will do his development a lot of good.

Front three work well together. Cullen and Cooper put a real shift in. Evans is a class footballer.

Benda's a confident goalkeeper. Came out for everything (even the one he shouldn't have...).
U23s vs Chelsea on 21:25 - Feb 15 with 1743 viewsbonymine

U23s vs Chelsea on 21:04 - Feb 15 by jasper_T

I had to step away just before the hour but a good result and performance from what I saw.

Joe Lewis isn't a right back but the games there will do his development a lot of good.

Front three work well together. Cullen and Cooper put a real shift in. Evans is a class footballer.

Benda's a confident goalkeeper. Came out for everything (even the one he shouldn't have...).

Do you think Keiran Evans will be a realistic first team squad player over the next couple of years Jasper ?

I remember Tony Pennock telling me that him & Kyle Copp were the best ‘home grown’ prospects in the Academy at the time but that was before Jack Evans came to the fore though.

Kieran’s Dad Phil played under Toshack back in the 1980’s and he’s been a great Swansea Schoolboys coach in his own right so Keiran’s definitely had the best coaching and support from an early age.

Hope it works out for him and also that Jack recovers and gets back into the fold too 👍🤞

Best of luck lads 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

U23s vs Chelsea on 21:39 - Feb 15 with 1682 viewsjasper_T

Keiran's technical ability has always stood out. He's got a wonderful first touch and moves so well with the ball, even in tight areas and under pressure.

Lost a lot of football to injury (a common theme with many of our top prospects, unfortunately). Physically there are question marks, as he's not the quickest, but how far he'll go will likely depend on his mentality. Players of his natural ability can go right to the top, or right to the top of the Welsh second division.

Wasn't too long ago Jack was just "the other Evans" in my mind. There was and still is a lot to be excited about with Kieran's potential development. But needs a good run of games between now and the summer before anyone can answer questions definitively.
U23s vs Chelsea on 21:55 - Feb 15 with 1618 viewsherbie

How did Ben do? He is a lovely kid with the right attributes. He can go far. Still just 18
U23s vs Chelsea on 22:07 - Feb 15 with 1583 viewswestwalesed

Far be it from me to shift the focus away from Swansea but it’s fecking ridiculous that Ethan Ampadu is playing for Chelsea U23s at this stage of his career.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

U23s vs Chelsea on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 1568 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Chelsea on 21:55 - Feb 15 by herbie

How did Ben do? He is a lovely kid with the right attributes. He can go far. Still just 18

Quiet game for him. Best moment was pulling a player back and taking a booking to stop a counter one of the few times they had us exposed.

Weird Chelsea side to be honest. Not a lot of creativity there. Big, strong, fast individuals trying to run with the ball. Got the most joy playing very direct, but then usually chose to play short when they had free kicks in our half. We were pretty comfortable letting them have as much possession as they had.
U23s vs Chelsea on 07:29 - Feb 16 with 1361 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Kees de Boer seems to be ticking over quite nicely too. Could be a good player in the Leon position
U23s vs Chelsea on 07:38 - Feb 16 with 1349 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s vs Chelsea on 21:25 - Feb 15 by bonymine

Do you think Keiran Evans will be a realistic first team squad player over the next couple of years Jasper ?

I remember Tony Pennock telling me that him & Kyle Copp were the best ‘home grown’ prospects in the Academy at the time but that was before Jack Evans came to the fore though.

Kieran’s Dad Phil played under Toshack back in the 1980’s and he’s been a great Swansea Schoolboys coach in his own right so Keiran’s definitely had the best coaching and support from an early age.

Hope it works out for him and also that Jack recovers and gets back into the fold too 👍🤞

Best of luck lads 👍

That Tony Pennock left mid season with no job to go to, not long after his hometown club - not that he ever played for us, of course - ploughed millions into the new Academy... 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know why ?

Your post in very interesting in that it appears Pennock had not realised that Roberts and Rodon might be quite good...? Very strange. Maybe they both improved after he left ? And the excellent Jack Evans.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 7:43]

Beware of the Risen People

U23s vs Chelsea on 09:21 - Feb 16 with 1291 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

U23s vs Chelsea on 22:07 - Feb 15 by westwalesed

Far be it from me to shift the focus away from Swansea but it’s fecking ridiculous that Ethan Ampadu is playing for Chelsea U23s at this stage of his career.

He's 18 years old. We had a 40 year old German getting in ahead of our kids not so long ago.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

U23s vs Chelsea on 10:20 - Feb 16 with 1243 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Chelsea on 07:38 - Feb 16 by Kilkennyjack

That Tony Pennock left mid season with no job to go to, not long after his hometown club - not that he ever played for us, of course - ploughed millions into the new Academy... 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know why ?

Your post in very interesting in that it appears Pennock had not realised that Roberts and Rodon might be quite good...? Very strange. Maybe they both improved after he left ? And the excellent Jack Evans.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 7:43]

On a technical level Kyle Copp was something else. Was going to be our Wayne Rooney.

Scored his first professional goal the other day in one of Spain's regional divisions.
U23s vs Chelsea on 10:32 - Feb 16 with 1224 views1462jack

U23s vs Chelsea on 10:20 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

On a technical level Kyle Copp was something else. Was going to be our Wayne Rooney.

Scored his first professional goal the other day in one of Spain's regional divisions.

Played against him just after he got released by the swans , strong as an ox on the ball, had a right battle with him
U23s vs Chelsea on 16:44 - Feb 16 with 1052 viewsKilkennyjack

U23s vs Chelsea on 10:20 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

How did you rate his pace Jasper ?
People i know always said he lacked pace.
Pro football is hard with no pace.

That said, i am not surprised that the Academy failed to develop the lad.
Easier to keep the likes of Kenji Gorre...? Lazy.

Beware of the Risen People

U23s vs Chelsea on 17:34 - Feb 16 with 1011 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Chelsea on 16:44 - Feb 16 by Kilkennyjack

How did you rate his pace Jasper ?
People i know always said he lacked pace.
Pro football is hard with no pace.

That said, i am not surprised that the Academy failed to develop the lad.
Easier to keep the likes of Kenji Gorre...? Lazy.

I didn't see enough of him to notice anything beyond "he's not very quick" to be honest. Whether he could have developed his mobility I don't know. Built quite low to the ground.

There's been a few talents let go in recent years that leave you wondering, but we don't see what coaches see in terms of attitude and commitment to improve off the field. 90% of the job is working to become better, but some only enjoy playing the game and the footballer lifestyle (once that first professional contract is signed). A lot of the time I don't think it's anyone's fault, some people simply aren't wired that way, while others will make the most out of limited ability and go very far indeed, given the right opportunity.

Kenji was a decent bet when we gave him his 3 year deal. First team debut, about to go on loan to an Eredivisie club. Club's getting slaughtered now for not having players of similar status in the u23s "locked down" for years to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024