Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jack's meeting with club 19:01 - Feb 15 with 33187 viewsswanskid95

Seems a little fishy to me, looks like the trust have been shafted here..

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:16 - Feb 17 with 1310 viewsLoyal

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:14 - Feb 17 by The_E20

But why is there a train of thought that any information gathered has to be acted upon and spread to the hills?

I have been told plenty of stuff In confidence that would never dream of repeating but still glad I know the information. Good on them.

Why the hostility and even death threats? And why are people saying the Trust should know and should have got permission, told them times and dates etc?? Why? Complete nonsense.

What death threats ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:18 - Feb 17 with 1307 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 06:18 - Feb 17 by The_E20

The Trust hide information from the majority of the fanbase on a constant basis, they have gone to great lengths to do that with private groups etc..

Yet now a group of fans has got some information for themselves and the Trust get all precious because they don’t know too.

Quite amazing lack of self awareness.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 6:30]

What private groups are these that we use to apparently hide stuff?

Poll: Tory leader

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:20 - Feb 17 with 1287 viewsLoyal

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:18 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

This has always been the issue with this lost soul, he never explains what he means or backs it up with any evidence. Just rolls along making up the opposite to the truth so people engage with him. It's an illness.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:22 - Feb 17 with 1285 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:18 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Isn’t there a private Facebook group then?

Wasn’t there a social media sub group set up for this reason, to create one?
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:23 - Feb 17 with 1277 viewsjack247

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:14 - Feb 17 by The_E20

But why is there a train of thought that any information gathered has to be acted upon and spread to the hills?

I have been told plenty of stuff In confidence that would never dream of repeating but still glad I know the information. Good on them.

Why the hostility and even death threats? And why are people saying the Trust should know and should have got permission, told them times and dates etc?? Why? Complete nonsense.

Well exactly. They’ve had a conference call and been gagged. Why mention that at all? I’m sure it wasn’t the intention, but that initial tweet just smacks of self importance. It’s achieved nothing but division.

Death threats are just farcical. I’d bet my last pound they haven’t been told anything of consequence. Let’s just be 100% clear that’s just a few lunatic keyboard warriors on twitter. Nothing to do with the trust or the wider fan base at all.

And I agree, absolutely no reason they needed permission from the trust or anyone else to find out which teams we’re playing on the pre season US tour or which colour our away kit will be next season.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:27 - Feb 17 with 1263 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:22 - Feb 17 by The_E20

Isn’t there a private Facebook group then?

Wasn’t there a social media sub group set up for this reason, to create one?

There’s a members’ only Facebook group yes. It’s not used to hide info though. Pretty much everything posted on there is also emailed to members and finds its way on here. The only thing that’s ever been marked as private was based on legal advice and that was a waste of time cos it also inevitably found its way on here. The social media sub group was set up to coordinate the trust’s social media activity.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:29]

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:31 - Feb 17 with 1248 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:23 - Feb 17 by jack247

Well exactly. They’ve had a conference call and been gagged. Why mention that at all? I’m sure it wasn’t the intention, but that initial tweet just smacks of self importance. It’s achieved nothing but division.

Death threats are just farcical. I’d bet my last pound they haven’t been told anything of consequence. Let’s just be 100% clear that’s just a few lunatic keyboard warriors on twitter. Nothing to do with the trust or the wider fan base at all.

And I agree, absolutely no reason they needed permission from the trust or anyone else to find out which teams we’re playing on the pre season US tour or which colour our away kit will be next season.

I think it’s fairly interesting as a Swansea fan that they have managed to ask questions they feel were important to them. I would rather know they held a meeting than it being a complete secret. I think openness is something to be applauded not criticised, there is no reason that it should create division, like my presence here - they can’t be held accountable for irrational reactions.

I have no idea who is leading, if anyone, the backlash campaign. Not even able to guess as to who it is, but it’s clear the Trust are very salty over this and they gave absolutely no right to be, or the droves of posts on twitter telling them they should have affiliated themselves with the Trust. The Trust have done nothing to earn such levels of auto-respect. In fact, quite the opposite.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:31 - Feb 17 with 1242 viewsGowerjack

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 20:13 - Feb 15 by 34dfgdf54

I love that we have a fanbase out in the States, follow all the separate groups on twitter and stick up for them all when some fans here tar them with the same brush as our American owners. But you have no right to represent our whole fanbase with “confidential” conversations.

Do you know what...

I'm gonna be very parochial and say that I couldn't give a flying fûck about any yank who has attached themselves to our football club.

As far as I'm concerned they can all fûck off owners and "supporters" alike.

Cûnts the lot of them.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:36 - Feb 17 with 1226 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:27 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

There’s a members’ only Facebook group yes. It’s not used to hide info though. Pretty much everything posted on there is also emailed to members and finds its way on here. The only thing that’s ever been marked as private was based on legal advice and that was a waste of time cos it also inevitably found its way on here. The social media sub group was set up to coordinate the trust’s social media activity.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:29]

Eh?

So there was an open group all fans could see, which was then actively changed to one only certain fans could see, ones that pay you money.

If that isn’t carefully directing information and selectively hiding it then I don’t know what is.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:37 - Feb 17 with 1222 viewsjack247

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:31 - Feb 17 by The_E20

I think it’s fairly interesting as a Swansea fan that they have managed to ask questions they feel were important to them. I would rather know they held a meeting than it being a complete secret. I think openness is something to be applauded not criticised, there is no reason that it should create division, like my presence here - they can’t be held accountable for irrational reactions.

I have no idea who is leading, if anyone, the backlash campaign. Not even able to guess as to who it is, but it’s clear the Trust are very salty over this and they gave absolutely no right to be, or the droves of posts on twitter telling them they should have affiliated themselves with the Trust. The Trust have done nothing to earn such levels of auto-respect. In fact, quite the opposite.

That’s your prerogative. To me, it comes across as ‘we know something you don’t know’. That doesn’t bother me, as I said I’d be pretty confident it’s inconsequential anyway. I’m sure that was naivety, rather than the intention.

NDAs are the very opposite of openness.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:38 - Feb 17 with 1211 viewswaynekerr55

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:36 - Feb 17 by The_E20

Eh?

So there was an open group all fans could see, which was then actively changed to one only certain fans could see, ones that pay you money.

If that isn’t carefully directing information and selectively hiding it then I don’t know what is.

I'd liken it to the Brexit negotiations. Pay the subs, get the benefits.

Maybe a tad simplistic, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:39 - Feb 17 with 1208 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:36 - Feb 17 by The_E20

Eh?

Nope. There’s still an open group that all fans can see.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:42 - Feb 17 with 1195 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:37 - Feb 17 by jack247

That’s your prerogative. To me, it comes across as ‘we know something you don’t know’. That doesn’t bother me, as I said I’d be pretty confident it’s inconsequential anyway. I’m sure that was naivety, rather than the intention.

NDAs are the very opposite of openness.

I think it is neither naivety nor intentional malice (as suggested by at least one Trust board member). A meeting between fans and owners representatives is worthy of reporting on, the fact a dialogue took place is interesting information in itself. As I said, it’s not dissimilar to what the Trust do on a daily basis with their private group, apart from they hide the contents by choice as opposed to the SSJ who are legally bound not to share.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:44 - Feb 17 with 1181 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:39 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

Nope. There’s still an open group that all fans can see.

Then what on earth was the point in using resources to make a private one.

You are either being selective with the truth or this it yet another horrendous misuse of time. Wasn’t that guy saying how hard he has worked on such mediums of private communications as instructed by the Trust committee?
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:46 - Feb 17 with 1175 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:38 - Feb 17 by waynekerr55

I'd liken it to the Brexit negotiations. Pay the subs, get the benefits.

Maybe a tad simplistic, but I'm sure you catch my drift.

However you liken it. Those people restricting info in return for payment really can’t be too precious about people withholding information from them (legally).
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:49 - Feb 17 with 1167 viewsmagicdaps10

Ffs lads, we have a big game today, leave it drop and contribute to the team today.

FA cup quarters we are talking about, lets stretch out the good times on the pitch and concentrate on at least equaling our best FA cup run.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:51 - Feb 17 with 1158 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:44 - Feb 17 by The_E20

Then what on earth was the point in using resources to make a private one.

You are either being selective with the truth or this it yet another horrendous misuse of time. Wasn’t that guy saying how hard he has worked on such mediums of private communications as instructed by the Trust committee?

I’m telling you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The logic behind the creation of the members’ only group was to incentivise people to join with “premium content” accessible only to members. In practice both groups contain more or less the same thing except that the open group is much busier and that premium content never really came to fruition. It absolutely wasn’t created to hide important information from non members. The guy you refer to is no longer a board member. Dave Dalton coordinates social media activity now. And a sterling job he does too.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:53 - Feb 17 with 1148 viewsChief

This thread is showing up exactly the people who have lost credibility due to their bias towards the American owners and they can do no wrong attitude.
- Holding this forum with an American based fan group in itself - surely the same courtesy & information should be extended to other fans groups.
- asking an American based fan group how they can improve their PR. Words fail me on that one.
- Sticking a NDA on it!!!!

Come on mun, how do you expect normal fans to react to the news of this meeting. It's madness and another own goal by the American owners.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:54 - Feb 17 with 1143 viewsexiledclaseboy

By the way, if the Stateside Jacks signed the same NDA that the club wanted the Trust to sign, they’ve already broken it simply by acknowledging publicly that the conversation happened.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:55]

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:56 - Feb 17 with 1135 viewsChief

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:53 - Feb 17 by Chief

This thread is showing up exactly the people who have lost credibility due to their bias towards the American owners and they can do no wrong attitude.
- Holding this forum with an American based fan group in itself - surely the same courtesy & information should be extended to other fans groups.
- asking an American based fan group how they can improve their PR. Words fail me on that one.

Come on mun, how do you expect normal fans to react to the news of this meeting. It's madness and another own goal by the American owners.

And of course all the other irrelevant noise on this thread is a distraction away from the mess the yanks have made and a blatent attempt to once again discredit the trust, who are completely innocent in this situation.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:58 - Feb 17 with 1123 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:51 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

I’m telling you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The logic behind the creation of the members’ only group was to incentivise people to join with “premium content” accessible only to members. In practice both groups contain more or less the same thing except that the open group is much busier and that premium content never really came to fruition. It absolutely wasn’t created to hide important information from non members. The guy you refer to is no longer a board member. Dave Dalton coordinates social media activity now. And a sterling job he does too.

I’m still not understanding ECB.

You seem to be saying the private group is designed to have more information than the public one. I don’t see how that can be anything other than a pre meditated attempt to hide certain things from the general fan - whether that is to inventory a monetary return isn’t really relevant. That information being leaked on here or in the public group also isn’t relevant - unless you are saying it’s leaked by Trust board members.

I think it’s fairly obvious the Trust selectively hides information. I fully agree that votes should be conducted for the membership but the Trust was created by, and for, the whole fanbase and any information held in these private member only platforms should be available to the whole fanbase.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:01 - Feb 17 with 1116 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:53 - Feb 17 by Chief

These sweeping and generalised comments that are becoming all too frequent on here is very cowardly and not productive.

Please put accusations and explanations to the specific target of your post so they can defend themselves or st least explain.

From my experience these are usually made when it would be difficult to defend a specific accusation if pressed.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:02 - Feb 17 with 1116 viewsswan65split

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:51 - Feb 17 by exiledclaseboy

The irony and double standards from him is unbelievable, any credibility and trust in him and the Aberdare joker has gone.

Theyve shot their bolt
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:04 - Feb 17 with 1107 viewsChief

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:01 - Feb 17 by The_E20

These sweeping and generalised comments that are becoming all too frequent on here is very cowardly and not productive.

Please put accusations and explanations to the specific target of your post so they can defend themselves or st least explain.

From my experience these are usually made when it would be difficult to defend a specific accusation if pressed.

Ha ha and I'm the one who's made a sweeping and generalised comment!

What do you actually want from me? Is there any part of my post that you want further clarification on?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 10:07]

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:07 - Feb 17 with 1089 viewsThe_E20

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:04 - Feb 17 by Chief

Ha ha and I'm the one who's made a sweeping and generalised comment!

What do you actually want from me? Is there any part of my post that you want further clarification on?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 10:07]

Yes. If I make an accusation I am very specific as I am confident in my convictions that if pushed on it and can defend that position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024