Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jack's meeting with club 19:01 - Feb 15 with 33162 viewsswanskid95

Seems a little fishy to me, looks like the trust have been shafted here..

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:16 - Feb 16 with 1965 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 07:22 - Feb 16 by pencoedjack

Define diehard

I can help here I think...

Someone that gets roundly abused and accused of all sorts of bullshit by fans new and old, but especially new.

How did I do?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:23 - Feb 16 with 1947 viewspencoedjack

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:16 - Feb 16 by _

I can help here I think...

Someone that gets roundly abused and accused of all sorts of bullshit by fans new and old, but especially new.

How did I do?

You made me laugh Chris
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:23 - Feb 16 with 1945 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 08:44 - Feb 16 by Uxbridge

If you're going to reproduce one of my tweets to back up your argument, probably best to do the one before this, which actually gave my view on the proposed way forward. I don't think this is a good idea at all. The Trust needs to be the focal point for the fans at the club, and it's patently obvious this has the potential to further drive a wedge therez which is not particularly advisable if we're looking to find a solution to the current impasse prior to the. Members vote next month.

What I will say is that the timing is very interesting by the club. Maybe it's genuine, maybe it's tactical.

Can the Stateside Jacks become Trust Board members? Might be a solution.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:24 - Feb 16 with 1943 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 08:03 - Feb 16 by DrGonzo

What a bunch of nonces, they can do one too.

Unbelievable, and this is left on this site.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:24 - Feb 16 with 1944 viewsdobjack2

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 05:29 - Feb 16 by stAteSwan

Tummer, I agree that I don't think as a group there was any intention to step on toes. Obviously the Supporters Trust was notified etc. But even you should be able to agree that Marc and Jonathan worded the first statement very poorly. Considering the current legal action of the Trust, and the opinion of supporters towards the ownership, any statement needed to be worded very carefully.

I don't believe for a second there was any intention of making it sound like the SSJ knew something other supporters didn't. But with the ownership insisting the Trust sign a NDA, it really looks bad when an international supporters group chooses to gain that same info under the same terms.

The follow up statement was much better, but I hope the damage isn't already done.

I’m sure that the stateside jacks are doing this with the best of intentions. The problem is that based on their actions, as opposed to their words, I am not so trusting of the motivation of our owners in speaking to them, especially the timing.

My concern, which others clearly share, is that the stateside jacks could be used to keep criticism of the owners to a minimum in the USA, where bad publicity could hurt them. I just hope that those involved with the stateside jacks can understand why fans on this side of the pond are wary about this development and are concerned about how they could be used by the owners.

I’m not having a go at them, I just hope that they have thought through all of the possible scenarios and implications; good and bad.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:27 - Feb 16 with 1937 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:23 - Feb 16 by pencoedjack

You made me laugh Chris

Thank you Marko, fellow Swans sufferer of old 👍

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:31 - Feb 16 with 1929 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 03:22 - Feb 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Marc and Jonathan have issued a follow up, largely to try to disclose what they can, and try to explain why there are things they can't share.

[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 3:23]

They had personal threats???????

Our 'fans' never cease to amaze me

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:32 - Feb 16 with 1926 viewswaynekerr55

When is the consultation on legal action likely to take place?

Enough is enough.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:43 - Feb 16 with 1899 viewsUxbridge

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:32 - Feb 16 by waynekerr55

Enough is enough.

Next month. Wheels are turning.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:45 - Feb 16 with 1889 viewsUxbridge

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:23 - Feb 16 by _

Can the Stateside Jacks become Trust Board members? Might be a solution.

Entirely possible, if a member of the Trust. All for as wide a range of Board members as possible.

Election in a few months and plenty of spaces up for grabs (including mine).

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:45 - Feb 16 with 1888 viewsthornabyswan

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:32 - Feb 16 by waynekerr55

Enough is enough.

The people's front of Judea no it's the people's Judean front.
Get the legal action going FFS.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:53 - Feb 16 with 1859 views_

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:45 - Feb 16 by Uxbridge

Entirely possible, if a member of the Trust. All for as wide a range of Board members as possible.

Election in a few months and plenty of spaces up for grabs (including mine).

You're your own person that's for sure and love an arrogant post here and there but I don't mind that at all.

I do hope most of you consider relinquishing your posts though in the interests of keeping things fresh

I would actively encourage some of you to do this.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:55 - Feb 16 with 1858 viewsChief

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:53 - Feb 16 by _

You're your own person that's for sure and love an arrogant post here and there but I don't mind that at all.

I do hope most of you consider relinquishing your posts though in the interests of keeping things fresh

I would actively encourage some of you to do this.

You are so biased to the point where you simple aren't credible.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 10:25 - Feb 16 with 1808 viewsUxbridge

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 09:55 - Feb 16 by Chief

You are so biased to the point where you simple aren't credible.

Leaving aside the rationale, a turnover of Board members is always something I've thought desirable. Keeps things fresh, ensures a broad range of views are represented etc. This is starting to sound like my annual urge of people to stand for election.

I dare say events over next couple of months will dictate what sort of board we see in the future anyway.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:58 - Feb 16 with 1714 viewsjasper_T

There's a frightening amount of hostility out there about American fans having any sort of voice, and many seem to think it's coming at the expense of the trust.

Is this phone call with two board members really comparable to Stuart McDonald sitting on the board?
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:01 - Feb 16 with 1710 viewsDr_Winston

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 11:58 - Feb 16 by jasper_T

There's a frightening amount of hostility out there about American fans having any sort of voice, and many seem to think it's coming at the expense of the trust.

Is this phone call with two board members really comparable to Stuart McDonald sitting on the board?

Yank bashing is an acceptable form of bigotry.

That's not limited to us mind. There's a general undercurrent of contempt all over the place when it comes to Americans and football. All a bit sad really.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:18 - Feb 16 with 1691 viewslondonlisa2001

It is at the expense of the Trust, (although the lack of awareness of one, at least, of the reps of the SSJ, who has now tweeted that when they have another meeting, perhaps the Trust could be on the line... is quite astonishing).

You won’t care about the Trust Jasper, as you’ve said on here quite recently that the Trust is no more important to you than any other minority shareholder, but many do care.

As much as anything, the people at SSJ are being quite incredibly naive as they don’t appear to understand their problem now.

It’s obvious (as the SSJ said so) that the owners are worried about PR. What they (SSJ) don’t seem to realise is that their worry is their PR in the States, not here. They’ve obviously become a little worried that the supporters in the US were getting worked up. So they have a call, making them sign some sort of NDA (I assume since why else would they not speak).

Now someone quite clever, or actually not that clever but just with a little experience, would make such an NDA quite wide ranging (they didn’t know what would be discussed in the call, poor loves). Covering all sorts of areas of the club and the way things are working. And guess what, the group that has been getting agitated suddenly can’t speak about all sorts of things, because if they read that NDA properly, they’ll realise that it’s effectively a gagging order. Until the owners leave.

So a few have had a conversation, they can’t tell anyone about. Meanwhile, the owners can say ‘look, we do engage with fans - aren’t we great’. Once the novelty wears off, they may realise they’ve been boxed into a corner. And have giving the owners a free ‘win’ for the sake of feeling important for a day.

I have no doubt they were well intentioned, but checking with the Trust (properly, not firing off a mail that wasn’t seen by the Trust Chair is vicechair, amongst many others) may have alerted them to such possible issues in advance.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:34 - Feb 16 with 1657 viewsNeath_Jack

Is there anyone that can blame another supporters group trying to get some answers?

The Trust board members on here are arrogant and pig headed.

I understand that there is a legal process about to start, and they are trying mediation route, but come on, it's been like this for the past 5 years or more.

If the trust were all engaging and proactive then we wouldn't have seen the two local groups formed last season (which most of the mouth breathers were championing, and the current Trust chair by the way) and now this American branch.

People want answers, people want action, people want communication, fair and transparent communication at that.

And anyone that says that this forum doesn't try to shut down any reasonable debate are only kidding themselves.

I can't see our club recovering from all this for years. If the Americans up and leave, we'll just be passed from unscrupulous buyer to buyer, until someone eventually buys us for a quid. And the thought of this lot of Trust board being that group to buy us for the quid, fills me with dread.

Everyone wants what's best for this club, but all we have at the moment is people lashing out and swinging wildly. We need someone to galvanise us all, or at least the majority of us.

UppaJacks.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 1649 viewsItchySphincter

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:18 - Feb 16 by londonlisa2001

It is at the expense of the Trust, (although the lack of awareness of one, at least, of the reps of the SSJ, who has now tweeted that when they have another meeting, perhaps the Trust could be on the line... is quite astonishing).

You won’t care about the Trust Jasper, as you’ve said on here quite recently that the Trust is no more important to you than any other minority shareholder, but many do care.

As much as anything, the people at SSJ are being quite incredibly naive as they don’t appear to understand their problem now.

It’s obvious (as the SSJ said so) that the owners are worried about PR. What they (SSJ) don’t seem to realise is that their worry is their PR in the States, not here. They’ve obviously become a little worried that the supporters in the US were getting worked up. So they have a call, making them sign some sort of NDA (I assume since why else would they not speak).

Now someone quite clever, or actually not that clever but just with a little experience, would make such an NDA quite wide ranging (they didn’t know what would be discussed in the call, poor loves). Covering all sorts of areas of the club and the way things are working. And guess what, the group that has been getting agitated suddenly can’t speak about all sorts of things, because if they read that NDA properly, they’ll realise that it’s effectively a gagging order. Until the owners leave.

So a few have had a conversation, they can’t tell anyone about. Meanwhile, the owners can say ‘look, we do engage with fans - aren’t we great’. Once the novelty wears off, they may realise they’ve been boxed into a corner. And have giving the owners a free ‘win’ for the sake of feeling important for a day.

I have no doubt they were well intentioned, but checking with the Trust (properly, not firing off a mail that wasn’t seen by the Trust Chair is vicechair, amongst many others) may have alerted them to such possible issues in advance.

If a fans’ group can’t communicate with fans there is no point in them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 1648 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:34 - Feb 16 by Neath_Jack

Is there anyone that can blame another supporters group trying to get some answers?

The Trust board members on here are arrogant and pig headed.

I understand that there is a legal process about to start, and they are trying mediation route, but come on, it's been like this for the past 5 years or more.

If the trust were all engaging and proactive then we wouldn't have seen the two local groups formed last season (which most of the mouth breathers were championing, and the current Trust chair by the way) and now this American branch.

People want answers, people want action, people want communication, fair and transparent communication at that.

And anyone that says that this forum doesn't try to shut down any reasonable debate are only kidding themselves.

I can't see our club recovering from all this for years. If the Americans up and leave, we'll just be passed from unscrupulous buyer to buyer, until someone eventually buys us for a quid. And the thought of this lot of Trust board being that group to buy us for the quid, fills me with dread.

Everyone wants what's best for this club, but all we have at the moment is people lashing out and swinging wildly. We need someone to galvanise us all, or at least the majority of us.

UppaJacks.

Love you too

Poll: Tory leader

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:42 - Feb 16 with 1631 viewsjasper_T

I'm not sure which part of this explains where the conversation has come at the expense of the trust, though. Would the trust have received a phone call from two board members for a discussion had Stateside Jacks not been involved?

A phone call wouldn't be necessary since Stuart McDonald is on the board, the Trust's pursuit of legal action makes discussion tricky, the trust has previously indicated an unwillingness to sign further confidentiality clauses and as you say they're likely concerned primarily with fan outreach on their side of the Atlantic for PR purposes.

The Trust has lost nothing but perhaps the appearance that they are the only Swansea City fans that matter.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 12:53 - Feb 16 with 1601 viewsjasper_T

"The Trust has NOT been set up to replace existing supporters clubs and organisations."

Maybe something to remember.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 13:01 - Feb 16 with 1581 viewsdobjack2

I don’t think that it’s hostility to our American fans having a voice, more a concern that the owners may look to use them as pawns in a PR campaign in the states.

Mistrust of the owners and their motives is as ever at the heart of things.
Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 13:02 - Feb 16 with 1581 viewsChief

There's nothing wrong with what this group has done, it seems they have the best intentions at heart. It's the clowns that own the club that are in the wrong - no matter what part of the Earth they are from.

The group have said stuff like the reason Pearlman & another spoke to them was to try & change their image. Well what an idiotic idea that was. All they've done is alienate us actual fans who attend games even further.

If you want to look better you clowns what better way than to consult your fellow shareholder - the supporters trust.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stateside Jack's meeting with club on 13:44 - Feb 16 with 1508 viewsMiamiJack

With all due respect its not the fault of SSJ if you guys and gals don’t check your mail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024