Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic first half. 16:48 - Feb 17 with 2693 viewsicecoldjack

Shameful, disinterested lacking in ideas and no bottle from our players, look like they don't want to be there.

Dan James, what a headless chicken he's been. Conor Roberts just keeps going backwards since signing a new deal.

This is real L1 stuff , Brentford look like us 8/9 yrs ago, we just look like a team empty of skill and ideas.

Totally outplayed by a decent Brentford team, not even a year on from us being a premier league team we've turned into a joke.

Sort it out 2 nd half boys please ! Terrible 1 st half, only Grimes looks like he's trying .
Pathetic first half. on 16:50 - Feb 17 with 2664 viewsbazzool

IL agree, shamefully, why didn't he cross that in at the end, playing back mun
Pathetic first half. on 16:58 - Feb 17 with 2500 viewsjacksfullaces

all a bit irrelevant to those getting excited by a Cup Run.

The Premier League clubs (both big and small ) are taking interest in the competition now and we have nothing like the quality to match them with the current squad is my opinion.

season is frittering away with a whimper.

but there should be no surprises.
Pathetic first half. on 17:02 - Feb 17 with 2462 viewsicecoldjack

We now see the true level of Roberts,James etc. Very raw and very inexperienced now that the hype has worn off the reality is very different, Roberts alarms me at the moment not doing the basics very well, ditto James, trying to be clever with the ball when the basics are required.

I know the squad is decimated but throw in a summer clear out the team that takes the field next season will be far worse than this one !

I heard the club is £20m in debt and needs to clear that in the summer, so what we have on the field today is a peak into our future. Once you remove the likes of VDH,Ollie and a couple.of others it's looking really grim .

Hope potter can pull a rabbit out the hat here, if we are knocked out today then our season is virtually over and players will be coasting and non commited til they line up a new deal at a new club in the summer.

Hoping for some guts 2 nd half .
Pathetic first half. on 17:03 - Feb 17 with 2447 viewsjacksfullaces

we might do something today yet, but I stand by the overall analysis.
Pathetic first half. on 17:08 - Feb 17 with 2419 viewsYossarian

Playing at home and No efforts on goal in the first half and we seem to struggle putting together a string of successful passes. Leaders are lacking.....very worrying. Players look very subdued...what the feck is going on at our club?
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 17:09]

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Pathetic first half. on 17:10 - Feb 17 with 2410 viewspencoedjack

All this could be discussed in match day thread
Pathetic first half. on 17:13 - Feb 17 with 2398 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pathetic first half. on 17:02 - Feb 17 by icecoldjack

We now see the true level of Roberts,James etc. Very raw and very inexperienced now that the hype has worn off the reality is very different, Roberts alarms me at the moment not doing the basics very well, ditto James, trying to be clever with the ball when the basics are required.

I know the squad is decimated but throw in a summer clear out the team that takes the field next season will be far worse than this one !

I heard the club is £20m in debt and needs to clear that in the summer, so what we have on the field today is a peak into our future. Once you remove the likes of VDH,Ollie and a couple.of others it's looking really grim .

Hope potter can pull a rabbit out the hat here, if we are knocked out today then our season is virtually over and players will be coasting and non commited til they line up a new deal at a new club in the summer.

You were saying about Dan James.
Pathetic first half. on 17:21 - Feb 17 with 2374 viewsicecoldjack

Pathetic first half. on 17:02 - Feb 17 by icecoldjack

What a turn around !!

Keep it going now boys !
Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic first half. on 17:27 - Feb 17 with 2362 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Feeling a bit embarrassed by any chance?
Pathetic first half. on 17:31 - Feb 17 with 2349 viewsicecoldjack

Pathetic first half. on 17:27 - Feb 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Not at all, we were sh1te in the first half and we've turned it around like I hoped in the 2nd half, I'm thrilled to bits fella.
Pathetic first half. on 17:41 - Feb 17 with 2317 viewsBLAZE

Pathetic first half. on 17:27 - Feb 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Does this second half change the sh*te we saw in the first half then? Some kind of reverse butterfly effect?
Pathetic first half. on 17:46 - Feb 17 with 2291 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pathetic first half. on 17:41 - Feb 17 by BLAZE

Does this second half change the sh*te we saw in the first half then? Some kind of reverse butterfly effect?

It was obvious in the 1st half that Dan James was our most dangerous player and they new, which was why that flattened him at every opportunity.
So "Running around like a headless chicken" was uncalled for.
As was "not doing the basics", it is very difficult to do the basics when you are on the floor.
Pathetic first half. on 17:53 - Feb 17 with 2271 viewsicecoldjack

What the actual fook ! Hehehe..

Where that 2 nd half came from I've no idea but I'm glad just the same.

Thank fook our season is still alive !
Pathetic first half. on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 2268 viewsBloodyhills

But a tidy second half.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Pathetic first half. on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 2196 viewsicecoldjack

Pathetic first half. on 17:46 - Feb 17 by A_Fans_Dad

It was obvious in the 1st half that Dan James was our most dangerous player and they new, which was why that flattened him at every opportunity.
So "Running around like a headless chicken" was uncalled for.
As was "not doing the basics", it is very difficult to do the basics when you are on the floor.

'Knew' <sp>

So they just forgot 2nd half then did they ?

Look it's no big deal, James, Roberts,Celina and a few others were awful 1 st half, played like they didn't fancy it.

2nd half they came out got an early goal then fancied it, I'm chuffed to bits for them, but let's just be honest too, James was running around like a headless.chicken passing it to nobody, I'm sure he'll be first to admit it too !

All irrelevant now, and I'm happy as fook he and the boys turned it around, keeps our season going that's the most important thing .

But they were a fookin joke 1st half plain and simple .
Pathetic first half. on 18:19 - Feb 17 with 2152 viewsCroftyjack

Terrible post...people forget there's 2 teams in a football match ..Brentford done their homework and down to how young the team is needed advice...potter advised them and they delivered.
Nothing to do with being disinterested.
We are very critical with our young players and manager..but they learning well in my eyes.
Pathetic first half. on 18:26 - Feb 17 with 2103 viewsicecoldjack

Pathetic first half. on 18:19 - Feb 17 by Croftyjack

Terrible post...people forget there's 2 teams in a football match ..Brentford done their homework and down to how young the team is needed advice...potter advised them and they delivered.
We are very critical with our young players and manager..but they learning well in my eyes.

Nonsense.

Not being able to put meaningful passes together 1st half was down to the players not Brentford. The spaces and ability to move around was still there we just chose not to, instead of playing the simple pass they were trying to be too clever with flicks, what some would call not respecting the opposition.

We've been guilty of it a few times this season and were guilty of it first half today .
Pathetic first half. on 18:46 - Feb 17 with 2042 viewsJJJack

Pathetic first half. on 18:26 - Feb 17 by icecoldjack

Nonsense.

Not being able to put meaningful passes together 1st half was down to the players not Brentford. The spaces and ability to move around was still there we just chose not to, instead of playing the simple pass they were trying to be too clever with flicks, what some would call not respecting the opposition.

We've been guilty of it a few times this season and were guilty of it first half today .

I disagree that we looked disinterested. Just horribly off the pace/lacking in confidence. For some reason James struggles on the right wing but can be unplayable on the left. Celina blows hot & cold. Far from convinced that Byers/Fulton is a giod enough axis. But there is the makings of a good side there as you can't really play that well & score 5 good goals in the 2nd half without being half decent - Brentford aren't mugs.
But the gist of your post was obviously correct and naturally neither you, me or the rest of the world expected that turnaround of seismic proportions........
Pathetic first half. on 19:51 - Feb 17 with 1947 viewsZaxx

Brentford started on the front foot, played some nice football and pressured us well. Our two full backs were poor in the first half and we gave the ball away whether we went short or long.
Second half different matter. Take a bow Dan James and Graham Potter.
Pathetic first half. on 21:01 - Feb 17 with 1839 viewsLeonWasGod

Agree. I thought Brentford were excellent first half. We struggled to cope with their high press and they overran us in midfield. I was hoping they couldn't keep up that intensity.
Pathetic first half. on 21:15 - Feb 17 with 1810 viewsDarran

I think this is where this Forum is going wrong.
How can it be a terrible post to say the first half was pathetic when the first half was pathetic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pathetic first half. on 21:18 - Feb 17 with 1796 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Pathetic first half. on 21:01 - Feb 17 by LeonWasGod

Agree. I thought Brentford were excellent first half. We struggled to cope with their high press and they overran us in midfield. I was hoping they couldn't keep up that intensity.

Absolutely. They were great when they had the ball and even better when they didn’t.

Klopp would have absolutely loved their gegenpress tactics. The only question was whether they’d have the game won by the time they got tired.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Pathetic first half. on 21:23 - Feb 17 with 1792 viewsploppy

Pathetic first half. on 21:15 - Feb 17 by Darran

I think this is where this Forum is going wrong.
How can it be a terrible post to say the first half was pathetic when the first half was pathetic.

The first half wasn't pathetic if you're a Brentford fan. They played some good stuff. We were pathetic though. Is that his point? Don't know.
Pathetic first half. on 21:26 - Feb 17 with 1770 viewsDarran

Pathetic first half. on 21:23 - Feb 17 by ploppy

The first half wasn't pathetic if you're a Brentford fan. They played some good stuff. We were pathetic though. Is that his point? Don't know.

Indeed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024