Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like Dan James is off 19:05 - Feb 17 with 11342 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:45 - Feb 18 with 1405 viewsvidukasbox

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:43 - Feb 18 by 34dfgdf54

I wouldn’t worry too much about how James feels.

Confirmed today he wants to stay and is in talks for a new contract. Run along.

http://www.dai-sport.com/daniel-james-i-want-sign-new-deal-swansea-city/

You're buying that? Bless.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:46 - Feb 18 with 1393 viewsthornabyswan

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:40 - Feb 18 by vidukasbox

'better clubs' hahahaha. Salty?

We met the asking price, then your idiot chairman thought with his heart rather than his head and scuppered the deal, losing his own job days later.

It's James I feel sorry for in all of this.

Did you see his goal yesterday has used you for a pay rise unlucky

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:54 - Feb 18 with 1354 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:46 - Feb 18 by thornabyswan

Did you see his goal yesterday has used you for a pay rise unlucky

“It’s fair to say I might not have finished like that earlier in the season, but I’ve been working on my composure a lot on the training ground.

“It’s about getting used to things in this league and I’ve done that. The gaffer has really helped me.

This is what Graham Potter has brought to this club. He's doing a fantastic job and was a great appointment.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sounds like Dan James is off on 17:03 - Feb 18 with 1318 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Sounds like Dan James is off on 16:32 - Feb 18 by jasper_T

This "very poor final ball" criticism is going to follow him for a long time despite the stats showing that he's about average in terms of delivery at this level, which is full of players who balloon the majority of their attempts out for goal kicks and throw ins.

Bit like Fabianski having poor distribution according to Swans fans even though stats showed that he was above average among PL keepers for kicking and throwing accuracy.

Reputations are hard to shake once the majority have made their minds up. Every well-defended cross he makes becomes further confirmation of "the truth". 3 assists in half as many minutes as Celina and McBurnie (4 each) this season. Should have a handful more but for that pair missing sitters he laid on for them as well.

Lad needs shooting lessons though, no argument there.

Anyone who has watched us all season will be aware that the"very poor final ball" criticism was valid (if churlish for one so inexperienced) a few months ago.

They will then have noticed that his final ball has improved to such an extent that he's now unrecognisable from that player. Potter is working on him and has improved him massively. Still far from the finished product but a great asset and one who's value is going up by the game now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Sounds like Dan James is off on 17:45 - Feb 18 with 1236 viewsProfessor

Sounds like Dan James is off on 17:03 - Feb 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Anyone who has watched us all season will be aware that the"very poor final ball" criticism was valid (if churlish for one so inexperienced) a few months ago.

They will then have noticed that his final ball has improved to such an extent that he's now unrecognisable from that player. Potter is working on him and has improved him massively. Still far from the finished product but a great asset and one who's value is going up by the game now.

I see very few games live -work and family commitments just don't allow it.

The difference In Daniel from the Reading game in late October to yesterday was huge. His finish and final ball were light years further forward. Potter and his team deserve credit for this.
Sounds like Dan James is off on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 1201 viewsjasper_T

Sounds like Dan James is off on 17:45 - Feb 18 by Professor

I see very few games live -work and family commitments just don't allow it.

The difference In Daniel from the Reading game in late October to yesterday was huge. His finish and final ball were light years further forward. Potter and his team deserve credit for this.

Certainly he's adapting and improving, but that was three weeks after the Ipswich game in which he put chance after chance on a plate for Ollie and Celina missed a sitter. The things he was praised for yesterday (composure, getting his head up to pick players out, pure pace) were all in evidence that day.

Inconsistency is to be expected, but he only looked like his final ball could be a consistent issue prior to getting regular starts (Ipswich was his third in the league).
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 11:27]
Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:05 - Feb 18 with 1184 viewsjudgejonevs

I heard something about this today in work apparently Huw Jenkins pulled the plug on Dan James moving to Leeds which infuriated the Americans causing a rift between them and Huw Jenkins hence why he resigned.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:41 - Feb 18 with 1136 viewsChief

Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:05 - Feb 18 by judgejonevs

I heard something about this today in work apparently Huw Jenkins pulled the plug on Dan James moving to Leeds which infuriated the Americans causing a rift between them and Huw Jenkins hence why he resigned.

No way!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:50 - Feb 18 with 1125 viewsDr_Winston

He's definitely improved in that regard, but he's not the only one.

McBurnie's all round game is also largely unrecognisable from the start of the season. Whilst Potter can obviously claim a lot of credit, the fact that these boys are playing consistently in the first team and learning continuously whilst they do it.

One of the key things you'll usually hear about the top players is that they're constantly learning, constantly working hard to improve. If the Academy has managed to instil that ethic in the young 'uns coming through then we won't go far wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:56 - Feb 18 with 1106 viewsCaptain_Sham

Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:05 - Feb 18 by judgejonevs

Did you hear that Shergar has been kidnpped?

Its just a ride.

Sounds like Dan James is off on 19:11 - Feb 18 with 1068 viewsProfessor

Sounds like Dan James is off on 18:50 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

He's definitely improved in that regard, but he's not the only one.

McBurnie's all round game is also largely unrecognisable from the start of the season. Whilst Potter can obviously claim a lot of credit, the fact that these boys are playing consistently in the first team and learning continuously whilst they do it.

One of the key things you'll usually hear about the top players is that they're constantly learning, constantly working hard to improve. If the Academy has managed to instil that ethic in the young 'uns coming through then we won't go far wrong.

You could see that when he came on at Leeds, despite a lack of fitness. A
Real team player is Oli. Even Baker-Richardson is clearly improving
Sounds like Dan James is off on 20:27 - Feb 18 with 1016 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dan James to sign new deal by westisbest 18 Feb 2019 18:26
Great news

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-james-news-leeds-united-15848596

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024