Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking turn out today 19:24 - Feb 17 with 7822 viewsraynor94

Tells you all you need to know about our fan base, a fantastic performance and a half empty stadium to witness it, Apathy rules in Swansea

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Shocking turn out today on 10:10 - Feb 18 with 908 viewsbuilthjack

Shocking turn out today on 10:09 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Always

Good.
As you are on Phil, if people join the trust now, can they vote in the upcoming legal vote?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shocking turn out today on 10:12 - Feb 18 with 904 viewsPhil_S

Shocking turn out today on 10:10 - Feb 18 by builthjack

Good.
As you are on Phil, if people join the trust now, can they vote in the upcoming legal vote?

Yes, not cut off date for needing to be a member to vote has yet been agreed
Shocking turn out today on 10:12 - Feb 18 with 900 viewsbuilthjack

Shocking turn out today on 10:12 - Feb 18 by Phil_S

Yes, not cut off date for needing to be a member to vote has yet been agreed

OK, CHEERS

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shocking turn out today on 10:27 - Feb 18 with 876 viewscontroversial_jack

Shocking turn out today on 08:44 - Feb 18 by jackrmee

That's not going to send a message.
A labour strike doesn't work if over half the workers turn up for work and put heck of a shift in.

That "protest" was pathetic and did not show anyone anything. In fact, it's difficult for anyone to even work out whether it was an actual protest, or just a low attendance due to it being a late Sunday game and people having work the next day.

If people want to protest, surely it should be better organised than that?

The 10,000 that didn't go knew about the boycott so why didn't the others.Can't see how it can be better organised
Shocking turn out today on 11:07 - Feb 18 with 853 viewsjackrmee

Shocking turn out today on 10:27 - Feb 18 by controversial_jack

The 10,000 that didn't go knew about the boycott so why didn't the others.Can't see how it can be better organised

YOu really reckon all of the people that didn't go did so due to an organised boycott? No chance.
Half of them couldn't be bothered as it was on TV. The other half don't usually go to cup games. And the other half had work in the morning. That leaves way less than half who boycotted.

ps. if there were approx 10k Swans fans there last night and approx 17-18k at league matches....
18-10=8
8k didn't turn up last night, tops.
See I can do maths.

How would all those 8k people know about a planned boycott?
The only reason I'd heard about it was due to reading a few posts on here. And they were unconvincing and flippant. No conviction at all.
I don't think anyone really believed that all, or even most Swans fans were going to stage a protest yesterday at all. Or even know of the specific reasons or goals to be acheived by said protest.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Shocking turn out today on 11:10 - Feb 18 with 848 viewsJJJack

Shocking turn out today on 20:28 - Feb 17 by westwalesed

I absolutely love the FA Cup but decided to boycott today. I’ll be at the QF whoever we get mind you.

I also stayed away. A pain as I really wanted to go and meant (considering I live in Bristol) not seeing my old man & some friends again. But I absolutely know the boycott worked as it was pointed out repeatedly by the Press why the crowd was so low. So job done .
I am loathe to go at all at moment because of the Yanks. Seriously folks, a bit of pain now is nothing to get rid of these scum. I'd take a relegation or 2 to do so if needs be.
Shocking turn out today on 11:14 - Feb 18 with 843 viewsjackrmee

Shocking turn out today on 11:10 - Feb 18 by JJJack

I also stayed away. A pain as I really wanted to go and meant (considering I live in Bristol) not seeing my old man & some friends again. But I absolutely know the boycott worked as it was pointed out repeatedly by the Press why the crowd was so low. So job done .
I am loathe to go at all at moment because of the Yanks. Seriously folks, a bit of pain now is nothing to get rid of these scum. I'd take a relegation or 2 to do so if needs be.

Where have you seen anything in the press about the crowd being low because of a protest?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Shocking turn out today on 11:29 - Feb 18 with 821 viewsLoyal

Shocking turn out today on 11:14 - Feb 18 by jackrmee

Where have you seen anything in the press about the crowd being low because of a protest?

It was mentioned yesterday several times.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Shocking turn out today on 11:33 - Feb 18 with 816 viewsLoyal

Shocking turn out today on 08:59 - Feb 18 by jackrmee

Probably because no-one knew it was meant to be a protest.

Plenty of people I know not there as a personal protest, it clearly got noticed because it was 4k down on the last home tie.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Shocking turn out today on 11:34 - Feb 18 with 813 viewsjackrmee

Shocking turn out today on 11:29 - Feb 18 by Loyal

It was mentioned yesterday several times.

Yeah it is bound to have been mentioned, but there is nothing specific about it.
A pointless and half-hearted exercise I feel.

Shocking turn out today on 11:39 - Feb 18 with 797 viewsLoyal

Shocking turn out today on 11:34 - Feb 18 by jackrmee

Yeah it is bound to have been mentioned, but there is nothing specific about it.
A pointless and half-hearted exercise I feel.

As I have said it definitely got noticed even if the majority who stayed away did it for their own reasons. No UK club can do what the likes of Lazio did. If the fans here had that power Jenkins would have paid for limousines to get the trust involved with the yanks out of sheer terror alone.

Shocking turn out today on 12:06 - Feb 18 with 756 viewsjackrmee

Shocking turn out today on 11:39 - Feb 18 by Loyal

As I have said it definitely got noticed even if the majority who stayed away did it for their own reasons. No UK club can do what the likes of Lazio did. If the fans here had that power Jenkins would have paid for limousines to get the trust involved with the yanks out of sheer terror alone.

Yeah, that's very true about the Lazio thing.
I just brought it up, as it was something that would get noticed. It's something everyone could get involved in, without having to miss any games. It would take a fair bit of organisation, but I think it could be done.
It wasn't difficult to get the whole ground applauding for big Kev, which most around me didn't know was going to happen. They just followed suit once someone had explained to them, as they agreed with it and it was easily done on the day.
I know it's a totally different topic, but my point is, if people saw many fans heading for the concourse at a specific time and weren't aware of the protest, they would ask their friend/neighbour what the fuk was going on. They would have the explanation on the spot and be able to decide if they wanted to join in. I'm sure most would.

This would enable us to support the team and GP in the match, yet show exactly how many people amongst the matchday fanbase were in favour of the protest.
I feel most, if not all able bodied fans in that ground would follow suit, some if only to follow the crowd maybe.
But I believe we could possibly clear the whole ground for a few minutes at least.

Now that would possibly make national news. It would be a fair sight for newspapers and journalists/photographers to get snaps of. A totally empty ground during a match.
Then, hey presto, a couple of minutes later, back to normal again.
I'm sure this would also get the crowd going more on the day and make everyone feel more connected, hence giving the atmosphere and players a boost on the day and who knows, in the future too.

Edit:
Could even get a little note printed out and handed around at the ground which outlines why we are protesting. Maybe a Swansea supporting print shop would donate the prints? Could make 4 out of a A4 sheet, so wouldn't be too strenuous.
Just a thought.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 12:15]

Shocking turn out today on 13:47 - Feb 18 with 706 viewsBadlands

Shocking turn out today on 11:39 - Feb 18 by Loyal

I was mentioned ad nauseum because there had been a bit of a protest last week.
But that is a load of bollocks.
A few deluded souls may think they are emulating Ghandi but 4,000!!!!
People didn't go because we weren't playing a big team, it was on TV and some never support if they have to pay outside their season ticket.

Claiming the low turn out is a result of the peacocks who walked to the ground together lat week is nonsense.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Shocking turn out today on 14:53 - Feb 18 with 650 viewsLoyal

Shocking turn out today on 13:47 - Feb 18 by Badlands

I was mentioned ad nauseum because there had been a bit of a protest last week.
But that is a load of bollocks.
A few deluded souls may think they are emulating Ghandi but 4,000!!!!
People didn't go because we weren't playing a big team, it was on TV and some never support if they have to pay outside their season ticket.

Claiming the low turn out is a result of the peacocks who walked to the ground together lat week is nonsense.

I've no idea what that means. I think you might be seeing words in posts that aren't there.

Edit - or maybe I am, it's weird.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 15:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024