Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts 20:12 - Feb 17 with 3486 viewsItchySphincter

What’s gone wrong?

Jazzley Richards level at the moment, no offence Jazz.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Connor Roberts on 20:18 - Feb 17 with 2477 viewsjasper_T

Needs to calm down and try to play as a junior defender for a period. A lot of work needs doing in that area, and it's not helping to go bombing on so often playing one-touch one-twos when he's struggling.
Connor Roberts on 20:20 - Feb 17 with 2444 viewsploppy

He's been messed about positionally but at least today he got to play at RB. Improved second half but just needs to get back to doing the basics.
Connor Roberts on 20:21 - Feb 17 with 2434 viewsZaxx

Connor Roberts on 20:18 - Feb 17 by jasper_T

Needs to calm down and try to play as a junior defender for a period. A lot of work needs doing in that area, and it's not helping to go bombing on so often playing one-touch one-twos when he's struggling.

Agree with that Jasper 100%, seems to have lost his focus and is trying to be a game changer every match.
Irony is that when he knuckles down and plays his position he often can be.
Connor Roberts on 20:24 - Feb 17 with 2389 viewsCooperman

I think he's trying too hard. He certainly wears his heart on his sleeve but he doesn't need to prove himself week in week out as the club have shown their faith in him. I'm sure that Potter is well aware of this as well and will work this out via his training methods and one to ones with they player.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Connor Roberts on 20:26 - Feb 17 with 2371 viewsItchySphincter

Looks unfit to me. Not a great athlete. Definitely not got the engine to up and back like he does.

Connor Roberts on 20:29 - Feb 17 with 2334 viewsploppy

Connor Roberts on 20:26 - Feb 17 by ItchySphincter

Looks unfit to me. Not a great athlete. Definitely not got the engine to up and back like he does.

You're joking, surely. You can accuse him of many things but being unfit isn't one of them.
Connor Roberts on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 2288 viewsZaxx

Connor Roberts on 20:29 - Feb 17 by ploppy

You're joking, surely. You can accuse him of many things but being unfit isn't one of them.

He does often seem to be blowing after 75 minutes though and that's a far cry from where he was a few months back.
I agree, he does seem to have a great engine but has been struggling for form and fitness recently. Just hope he's back to his best soon.
Connor Roberts on 20:37 - Feb 17 with 2256 viewsploppy

Connor Roberts on 20:34 - Feb 17 by Zaxx

He does often seem to be blowing after 75 minutes though and that's a far cry from where he was a few months back.
I agree, he does seem to have a great engine but has been struggling for form and fitness recently. Just hope he's back to his best soon.

He's definitely lost a bit of form. He should probably be a bit more selective when making those lung-busting runs.
Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 2240 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Connor Roberts on 20:24 - Feb 17 by Cooperman

I think he's trying too hard. He certainly wears his heart on his sleeve but he doesn't need to prove himself week in week out as the club have shown their faith in him. I'm sure that Potter is well aware of this as well and will work this out via his training methods and one to ones with they player.

It’s strange but from where I sit I think he’s become complacent. Could do with serious competition for his place for me.

It’s a game of opinions.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Connor Roberts on 20:38 - Feb 17 with 2235 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts on 20:29 - Feb 17 by ploppy

He’s blowing mate. Struggling. Somethings not right with him, hope he gets whatever it is sorted.

Connor Roberts on 20:40 - Feb 17 with 2212 viewsploppy

Connor Roberts on 20:38 - Feb 17 by ItchySphincter

He’s blowing mate. Struggling. Somethings not right with him, hope he gets whatever it is sorted.

Maybe he could do with a rest. He's had 10mins I think away at Brentford before Olsson's injury.
Connor Roberts on 20:40 - Feb 17 with 2210 viewsZaxx

Connor Roberts on 20:37 - Feb 17 by ploppy

He's definitely lost a bit of form. He should probably be a bit more selective when making those lung-busting runs.

Deffo. I like Connor, he has some niggle in him too which is great to see (as long as he avoids too much trouble, lol)
Hope the lad sorts himself out, gets back to fitness and whatnot.
Selective.. good call :)
Connor Roberts on 20:41 - Feb 17 with 2194 viewsPegojack

What did y'all thimk of Naughton? I thought his defending was reminiscent of Michael Howard at his worst. Stood off and gave his winger the freedom of the Liberty.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 20:42]
Connor Roberts on 20:44 - Feb 17 with 2146 views34dfgdf54

I think since the contract issue where he had a bit of media attention he’s started to think he’s the kiddy.

It’s a shame because at the start of the season I said I thought he was the only one out of the young lads who could comfortably slot into premier league side.
Connor Roberts on 20:48 - Feb 17 with 2077 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts on 20:41 - Feb 17 by Pegojack

What did y'all thimk of Naughton? I thought his defending was reminiscent of Michael Howard at his worst. Stood off and gave his winger the freedom of the Liberty.

In the second half he did good things and bad things in equal measure. He seems to be the one player that reacts positively to boos from fans though. He tried to go on the offensive a couple of times and when he plays like that he’s not bad but he just can’t help looking backwards as his preferred option. He had a free kick in the second half, near the halfway, and he actually launched it backwards without even looking to see what was on in front of him and he’s the same with throw ins. Dependable but very uninspiring.

Connor Roberts on 20:51 - Feb 17 with 2048 viewsjack247

I bought he was very exposed in the first half. Celina was on the left most of the time and wasn’t protecting Naughton. He’s not a winger to be fair, he’s a #10 and tracking back like a winger probably doesn’t come naturally to him. Plus Brentfords wingers were quite narrow and it was more of a front 3. Not easy for Naughton.

Thought Naughton was fine in the second half, albeit without being put under much pressure.
Connor Roberts on 20:51 - Feb 17 with 2047 viewspencoedjack

Played in a side that won 4 1 today & had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.

Fuk me lighten up
Connor Roberts on 20:52 - Feb 17 with 2035 viewsploppy

My biggest gripe with Naughton is backing off when players go at him in and around the box. And like a lot full backs these days, his first thought is to pass back to his CB. Didn't think he was too bad today.
Connor Roberts on 20:53 - Feb 17 with 2025 viewsLeonWasGod

Connor Roberts on 20:18 - Feb 17 by jasper_T

Do you reckon he was under orders to bomb on second half? Looked like it to me, level with Dan on the opposite flank, both stuck to the touchlines. Stretching the play and pushing their fullbacks back I assume. He looked knackered mind!
Connor Roberts on 20:54 - Feb 17 with 2015 viewsParsSwans

I think the moving of positions throughout will have brought this bad run on but hey he is a talented youngster we should be proud of and for what it’s worth I think he’s far better off right midfield where he played at start of season more effective going back and forth and offers bigger goal threat and assists there only my opinion mind
Connor Roberts on 20:54 - Feb 17 with 2011 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts on 20:51 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

Played in a side that won 4 1 today & had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside.

Fuk me lighten up

He was good then was he, especially first half?

Fuk me, open your eyes you fool.

Connor Roberts on 20:55 - Feb 17 with 2003 viewsLuther27

Connor Roberts on 20:40 - Feb 17 by ploppy

Maybe he could do with a rest. He's had 10mins I think away at Brentford before Olsson's injury.

Think you're right there. His form hasn't been great for a while. Option to play Naughton on right side and John on the left when he's over injury, but I think Roberts could do with a rest.
Connor Roberts on 21:03 - Feb 17 with 1962 viewsLeonWasGod

EH? SORRY? CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF NAUGHTON REVERSING!

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Connor Roberts on 21:04 - Feb 17 with 1956 viewspencoedjack

Connor Roberts on 20:54 - Feb 17 by ItchySphincter

He was good then was he, especially first half?

Fuk me, open your eyes you fool.

Fuk off

We won 4 1 (with a young side) to get to the quarter finals & posters are slagging off players.

Keep up the negativity
Connor Roberts on 22:07 - Feb 17 with 1773 viewsItchySphincter

Connor Roberts on 21:04 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

Fuk off

We won 4 1 (with a young side) to get to the quarter finals & posters are slagging off players.

Keep up the negativity

Don’t answer the question then. Tw@t.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024