Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today 21:55 - Feb 17 with 9809 viewsBenJ94

Hopefully you’ll stay away for the rest of this cup run and when we win the final 👍
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:06 - Feb 18 with 1495 viewscontroversial_jack

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 12:47 - Feb 18 by The_E20

Of course it did, it’s the FA Cup and people have to put their hands in their pocket if they want to go, it’s usually a bad turnout, especially when conveniently on TV.

All those that claim to be protesting are doing is ensuring the club have to sell players such as James as we won’t be hitting income targets. So these moronic protesters can not complain when we have to continue to sell to survive.

No, because the ticket prices were not expensive
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 1472 viewssainthelens

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 12:52 - Feb 18 by pencoedjack

I didn’t go yesterday, won’t go to a home tie in the quarter final.

Nothing to do with a protest just can’t be arsed.

Oh & I couldn’t give a fuk what you think 👍

If it's Millwall buddy, you'll be there.
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 1445 viewspencoedjack

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:17 - Feb 18 by sainthelens

If it's Millwall buddy, you'll be there.

Away yes

Home I wont
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:42 - Feb 18 with 1441 viewsperplex

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:10 - Feb 17 by BenJ94

What the attendance is makes absolutely no difference to me at all, But how can you justify not supporting the team when they need it most? We’ve made the quarter finals 2 seasons in a row, which hasn’t happened often, not in my life time anyway, why would you let a couple of greedy b@stards ruin unbelievable moments like we’ve had today? Genuine question.

With regards to the two Greedy bastaads as you say the problem is things are now more or less as good as it will be for Swansea FC, I think many fans are unable to grasp that dispite having a promising young team it will not be allowed to develope, these 2 will sell asap once half decent offers come in, by this time next here I expect most of our decent players to be sold maybe a few cheap options to come in and the team to be ,struggling to stay in the championship, also Potter will be snapped up by another club because the yanks will gleefully take a decent enough compansation offer now, a I,m not saying protests and boycotts will get rid of these pair of scumbags but you guys going on about supporting the team at all costs etc is just what the yanks want to here.
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:57 - Feb 18 with 1419 viewsplasjack

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:42 - Feb 18 by perplex

With regards to the two Greedy bastaads as you say the problem is things are now more or less as good as it will be for Swansea FC, I think many fans are unable to grasp that dispite having a promising young team it will not be allowed to develope, these 2 will sell asap once half decent offers come in, by this time next here I expect most of our decent players to be sold maybe a few cheap options to come in and the team to be ,struggling to stay in the championship, also Potter will be snapped up by another club because the yanks will gleefully take a decent enough compansation offer now, a I,m not saying protests and boycotts will get rid of these pair of scumbags but you guys going on about supporting the team at all costs etc is just what the yanks want to here.

What's your day job an undertaker or a stand up comic?.
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:59 - Feb 18 with 1417 viewsBazswan

Supporting the team at all costs?

Can you imagine the team turning in that performance yesterday to just the away fans? All home seats empty with nobody cheering them on?
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 19:08 - Feb 18 with 1401 viewsBazswan

Duplicate post...bloody phone.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 19:16]
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 20:04 - Feb 18 with 1359 viewsLoyal

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:57 - Feb 18 by plasjack

What's your day job an undertaker or a stand up comic?.

Leave him alone he's happy.
He's right as well, but happy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:12 - Feb 18 with 1330 viewsThe_E20

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:06 - Feb 18 by controversial_jack

No, because the ticket prices were not expensive

Irrelevant
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:25 - Feb 18 with 1317 viewsLeonWasGod

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 12:47 - Feb 18 by The_E20

Of course it did, it’s the FA Cup and people have to put their hands in their pocket if they want to go, it’s usually a bad turnout, especially when conveniently on TV.

All those that claim to be protesting are doing is ensuring the club have to sell players such as James as we won’t be hitting income targets. So these moronic protesters can not complain when we have to continue to sell to survive.

That's true. I know you'll get grief for saying that just because it's you. But our club now has to build a team solely using income it generates itself. I don't think people understand how difficult that is to do in this division. The vast majority of clubs make a loss and rely on owner financing to fund signings or just cover losses. We won't have owner financing. It puts us at a serious competitive disadvantage in this league (once parachute payments run out). Every pound less spent is a pound less to the team.

Protesting is a personal choice and I respect everyone's decision. But it will hit the team (lack of support and lack of financing) more than it will hit the owners. They'll just cut deeper. I really don't think people have grasped how bad a position we will be in without owner support (although they might have to put some in as they may well fail to balance the books, it'll be that hard).

But on the flip side, maybe people think it's a price worth paying if it forces the owners to sell up. That's their choice.

edit -just to add to that, given the way the owners want to operate and how eager they are to sell our assets, I think relegation is a more likely scenario than promotion. You imagine this team without Ollie and Dan and Potter expected to fill those positions from the U23s. We'd be fecked.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 21:35]
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:45 - Feb 18 with 1285 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:25 - Feb 18 by LeonWasGod

That's true. I know you'll get grief for saying that just because it's you. But our club now has to build a team solely using income it generates itself. I don't think people understand how difficult that is to do in this division. The vast majority of clubs make a loss and rely on owner financing to fund signings or just cover losses. We won't have owner financing. It puts us at a serious competitive disadvantage in this league (once parachute payments run out). Every pound less spent is a pound less to the team.

Protesting is a personal choice and I respect everyone's decision. But it will hit the team (lack of support and lack of financing) more than it will hit the owners. They'll just cut deeper. I really don't think people have grasped how bad a position we will be in without owner support (although they might have to put some in as they may well fail to balance the books, it'll be that hard).

But on the flip side, maybe people think it's a price worth paying if it forces the owners to sell up. That's their choice.

edit -just to add to that, given the way the owners want to operate and how eager they are to sell our assets, I think relegation is a more likely scenario than promotion. You imagine this team without Ollie and Dan and Potter expected to fill those positions from the U23s. We'd be fecked.

I bet the boycot continues for the next round 😉

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:55 - Feb 18 with 1252 viewsBadlands

5th round of the FA Cup

Chelsea v Man united attendance 40,271 (in a capacity of 41,631)
Swansea City v Brentford attendance 11,261 (in a capacity of 21,088)
Obviously, we are too big to take the FA Cup seriously.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:56 - Feb 18 with 1240 viewsCroftyjack

its attitudes like this that keeps teams small...small minded people.
Its a very welsh attitude too..too be ambitious and successful welcome all!!!!
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:01 - Feb 18 with 1210 viewsThe_E20

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 21:25 - Feb 18 by LeonWasGod

Sell up to who though? And what on earth are they expecting to be different?

If they had a consortium waiting to go, I’d understand. Yet they want to plunge the club into the unknown when it is in a perilous state. Reckless and thoughtless and that’s even if these protests by these handful of people’s genuine, which I am highly sceptical of.
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:05 - Feb 18 with 1194 viewsDarran

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:01 - Feb 18 by The_E20

Sell up to who though? And what on earth are they expecting to be different?

If they had a consortium waiting to go, I’d understand. Yet they want to plunge the club into the unknown when it is in a perilous state. Reckless and thoughtless and that’s even if these protests by these handful of people’s genuine, which I am highly sceptical of.

Many of the people that stayed away on Sunday put a thousand times more money into the club every season you thick prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:17 - Feb 18 with 1150 viewsThe_E20

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:05 - Feb 18 by Darran

Many of the people that stayed away on Sunday put a thousand times more money into the club every season you thick prick.

I highly doubt that.

I would also be pretty confident my lifetime spend on the club dwarfs the vast majority of faux protesters and non protesters. In fact, probably many of them combined.

But I know that upsets you.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 22:18]
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:22 - Feb 18 with 1140 viewsDarran

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:17 - Feb 18 by The_E20

I highly doubt that.

I would also be pretty confident my lifetime spend on the club dwarfs the vast majority of faux protesters and non protesters. In fact, probably many of them combined.

But I know that upsets you.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 22:18]

Oh don’t tell us you’re buying a season ticket every season just out of the goodness of your heart?

There’s people that stayed away on Sunday that haven’t missed a League game home and away for years so stop lying,you put fuçk all into this club you fantasy island prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:30 - Feb 18 with 1109 viewsWingstandwood

What the attendance is makes absolutely no difference to me at all, But how can you justify not supporting the team when they need it most? We’ve made the quarter finals 2 seasons in a row, which hasn’t happened often, not in my life time anyway, why would you let a couple of greedy b@stards ruin unbelievable moments like we’ve had today? Genuine question.

Stop making supporters guilty about boycotting!

I have just spoken to a supporter so consumed by the mind games/guilt-trips from criticism from the likes of yourself whom made make him guilty about missing the Brentford game that he has decided with extreme reluctance to attend the next FA Cup game against Manchester City.

Not only that? He has said he will force himself to attend any other FA Cup games for the rest of the season should the club gets through to other rounds.

He has stated however he will only do so for this current season. He will boycott all FA Cup games next season.

Argus!

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 1085 viewsAndy1300

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:30 - Feb 18 by Wingstandwood

I have just spoken to a supporter so consumed by the mind games/guilt-trips from criticism from the likes of yourself whom made make him guilty about missing the Brentford game that he has decided with extreme reluctance to attend the next FA Cup game against Manchester City.

Not only that? He has said he will force himself to attend any other FA Cup games for the rest of the season should the club gets through to other rounds.

He has stated however he will only do so for this current season. He will boycott all FA Cup games next season.

Number 1 team in Wales

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:42 - Feb 18 with 1077 viewsDippy

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:22 - Feb 18 by Darran

Oh don’t tell us you’re buying a season ticket every season just out of the goodness of your heart?

There’s people that stayed away on Sunday that haven’t missed a League game home and away for years so stop lying,you put fuçk all into this club you fantasy island prick.

Think I've missed 1 home league game in 17 years.. our first game at the Liberty. And I've never really bothered with cup games.. attended the odd one or two.

It's been a good run.

Poll: Cooper Out

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:42 - Feb 18 with 1074 viewsraynor94

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 18:40 - Feb 18 by pencoedjack

Away yes

Home I wont

Your a Swans fan, 90 minutes from Wembley, at a loss why you wouldn't attend

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:50 - Feb 18 with 1048 viewsjackrmee

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:42 - Feb 18 by Dippy

Think I've missed 1 home league game in 17 years.. our first game at the Liberty. And I've never really bothered with cup games.. attended the odd one or two.

It's been a good run.

Fuking hell, I assumed you supported someone else.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:52 - Feb 18 with 1033 viewsThe_E20

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:22 - Feb 18 by Darran

Of course not. I buy 2 jerseys and other memorabilia at Xmas time. That’s £150 easy. So you reckon these guys are spending £150,000 a season? You are being very silly.

I also have gone periods not missing games, it’s the nature of being a fan. One thing is for certain though, if I was able to go to more games off the back of not being a success professionally (ie in your position), I wouldn’t be damaging the club by pretending to protest without knowing why or the consequences of those silly actions.
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 23:07 - Feb 18 with 995 viewschad

Couldn’t agree more we should always support the team

In fact I think no one but the 10 of us that attended that last cup game at Barnsley should be allowed to attend. Although it was that parky I imagine a few have since died of pneumonia

I imagine you will be only going Ben if you can’t get a game yourself, since I think you said that was your preference

So perhaps each to their own?
Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 23:37 - Feb 18 with 961 viewsBluebird

Those that stayed away in “Protest” today on 22:30 - Feb 18 by Wingstandwood

😂😂 same happens at most clubs to be fair
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024