Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James to sign new deal 18:26 - Feb 18 with 44772 viewswestisbest

Great news

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-james-news-leeds-united-1584
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:02 - Mar 25 with 3362 viewsdcd14

Asked today for an update regarding this.

Reply wasn't great.

They spoke initially about an improved contract but that is where it started and ended, talks have since stopped and there is no offer from the club.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:04 - Mar 25 with 3349 viewsdcd14

Owners hellbent on selling in the summer it seems despite being able to get more on a longer contract they are not interested in an increased wage/signing on fee in the present.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:06 - Mar 25 with 3340 viewsMrFreebie

If he had any intentions of staying here, he would not have been at another Championship club on deadline day itching to sign.

I love Dan, adds something that clubs rarely have. But under no illusions he is off. Remember he’s been here for what? 5 years? Not too dissimilar to someone like Ki.

People seem to think he’s a diehard Swansea youth product. He’s from Yorkshire. He’ll do what’s best for himself, which won’t always be what’s best for the club, and doubt will be.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:09 - Mar 25 with 3329 viewsdcd14

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:06 - Mar 25 by MrFreebie

If he had any intentions of staying here, he would not have been at another Championship club on deadline day itching to sign.

I love Dan, adds something that clubs rarely have. But under no illusions he is off. Remember he’s been here for what? 5 years? Not too dissimilar to someone like Ki.

People seem to think he’s a diehard Swansea youth product. He’s from Yorkshire. He’ll do what’s best for himself, which won’t always be what’s best for the club, and doubt will be.

The club sent him to Leeds remember.

He had asked in the weeks leading up to the transfer window for better terms which would be in line with Rodon/Roberts/Ollie but the club didn't bother.

On deadline day they sent him to Leeds with the intention of selling/loan whatever, in the end I'd imagine most would be wanting to get the deal finished.

We are a laughing stock unfortunately.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:14 - Mar 25 with 3291 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:02 - Mar 25 by raynor94

But what is the figure his agent has put in to trigger talks?

If he signs a new contract, it makes him more expensive to buy. If he's cheaper to buy, that's more money for him and his agent to collect at his new club.

He'll go for what most will consider to be a very low amount this Summer, people will kick off about how it's funding Wayne Rooney's wages, we'll replace him with somebody else on the level of Asoro/McKay and continue our downward spiral to the bottom half of League 1.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:26 - Mar 25 with 3271 viewsdcd14

Apparently Leeds' Orta said on Saturday that he has agreed a deal in principle with the owners for the summer to sign James.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:42 - Mar 25 with 3236 viewsTreforys_Jack

Whilst I loathe your constant negativity, that's the most likely outcome.
Dan James to sign new deal on 09:55 - Mar 25 with 3201 views34dfgdf54

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:02 - Mar 25 by dcd14

Asked today for an update regarding this.

Reply wasn't great.

They spoke initially about an improved contract but that is where it started and ended, talks have since stopped and there is no offer from the club.

Not looking promising at all in general for the club is it?

Worrying times indeed.
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:29 - Mar 25 with 3147 viewsdcd14

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:55 - Mar 25 by 34dfgdf54

Not looking promising at all in general for the club is it?

Worrying times indeed.

Not at all mate.

Awful for lots involved, worrying for non playing staff.
Dan James to sign new deal on 06:53 - Mar 27 with 2756 viewswestisbest

It would be a crying shame if we can't hang on to Dan for another season under a couple of years contract.
FAVOURITS TO SIGN him this summer
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/player-specials/daniel-james/club-after-sum
Dan James to sign new deal on 07:50 - Mar 27 with 2683 viewsThornburyswan

Dan James to sign new deal on 06:53 - Mar 27 by westisbest

It would be a crying shame if we can't hang on to Dan for another season under a couple of years contract.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/player-specials/daniel-james/club-after-sum

Interesting set of odds there - whilst I agree he is likely to leave, both from our owners need for £££s (he is clearly our most saleable asset) & his/agents opportunity to significantly uplift his package - so the top two odds of leave/stay look about right the bookies clearly have no clue as to where he may go, Leeds obviously favourites because of what happened in the window but otherwise they are guessing.

Fwiw I suspect we could get another season with him if (1) the owners put a decent salary uplift on the table with a 'sensible' exit fee, say £15M+ & (2) GP convinced him that we'd build a, at least, top 6/10 side & have a go at going up next season.

Both of those points would need the owners financial support & potentially holding off significant squad cuts until next Jan at the earliest (based on how the first half of the season was going) - clearly a riskier approach that cutting hard now/this summer but apart from a significant injury (which is an ever present risk) DJ is young enough to go with that route & the owners could support it for what is another 8/9 months before pulling any significant triggers.

Yes an increased risk of financial/points penalty under financial fair play as it pushes potential losses out a further year in accounting terms but potential upsides with GP, fans & maybe even the Trust relationship.
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:34 - Mar 27 with 2577 viewsMoscowJack

Dan James to sign new deal on 07:50 - Mar 27 by Thornburyswan

Interesting set of odds there - whilst I agree he is likely to leave, both from our owners need for £££s (he is clearly our most saleable asset) & his/agents opportunity to significantly uplift his package - so the top two odds of leave/stay look about right the bookies clearly have no clue as to where he may go, Leeds obviously favourites because of what happened in the window but otherwise they are guessing.

Fwiw I suspect we could get another season with him if (1) the owners put a decent salary uplift on the table with a 'sensible' exit fee, say £15M+ & (2) GP convinced him that we'd build a, at least, top 6/10 side & have a go at going up next season.

Both of those points would need the owners financial support & potentially holding off significant squad cuts until next Jan at the earliest (based on how the first half of the season was going) - clearly a riskier approach that cutting hard now/this summer but apart from a significant injury (which is an ever present risk) DJ is young enough to go with that route & the owners could support it for what is another 8/9 months before pulling any significant triggers.

Yes an increased risk of financial/points penalty under financial fair play as it pushes potential losses out a further year in accounting terms but potential upsides with GP, fans & maybe even the Trust relationship.

Good first point, but there's no way DJ will be with us next season.

The Yanks will cash in on him and our only hope is that we get full value, not just a 10m bite off some team looking for a quick punt. I really think we could get 20m for Dan but I don't think we (our squad) will see any of it.

I expect several key departures (DJ, Ollie, VdH and others) and the quality of their replacements depends on whether Potter & Co can improve on their recruitment in the next window...with peanuts to spend!

Getting a combined 20m+ for the Ayews would help, even if it is a tad unlikely.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:00 - Mar 27 with 2473 views34dfgdf54

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:34 - Mar 27 by MoscowJack

Good first point, but there's no way DJ will be with us next season.

The Yanks will cash in on him and our only hope is that we get full value, not just a 10m bite off some team looking for a quick punt. I really think we could get 20m for Dan but I don't think we (our squad) will see any of it.

I expect several key departures (DJ, Ollie, VdH and others) and the quality of their replacements depends on whether Potter & Co can improve on their recruitment in the next window...with peanuts to spend!

Getting a combined 20m+ for the Ayews would help, even if it is a tad unlikely.

This is how I see things going to be honest.

Next season, for me, is all about survival. I know that's a negative mindset, but that's where we are at the moment in my opinion.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:32 - Mar 27 with 2424 viewsBytholWyn

I agree with most of this (Moscow Jack's post above), but I think we'll struggle to get £10 million for the Ayew's to be honest. We're obviously totally desperate to slash costs, so why would anyone offer more than the bare minimum?

Bleak times ahead.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 12:33]
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:36 - Mar 27 with 2412 viewshobo

Dan James to sign new deal on 06:53 - Mar 27 by westisbest

So from looking at those odds, we are the favourites to have him. Great news

Swansea 2.0
Leeds 5.0
Norwich 9.0
Sheff Utd 9.0
Newcastle 10.0
Bournemouth 11.0
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:38 - Mar 27 with 2402 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:32 - Mar 27 by BytholWyn

I agree with most of this (Moscow Jack's post above), but I think we'll struggle to get £10 million for the Ayew's to be honest. We're obviously totally desperate to slash costs, so why would anyone offer more than the bare minimum?

Bleak times ahead.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 12:33]

Andre's wage here is far far beyond what he'd offer anyone on the pitch. Another loan for him I'd bet.

Might get a few million for Jordan.
Dan James to sign new deal on 13:39 - Mar 27 with 2317 viewsjack247

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:36 - Mar 27 by hobo

So from looking at those odds, we are the favourites to have him. Great news

Swansea 2.0
Leeds 5.0
Norwich 9.0
Sheff Utd 9.0
Newcastle 10.0
Bournemouth 11.0

It’s not great news at all. He’s just more likely to be here than any other individual club. He’s still odds on to leave.
Dan James to sign new deal on 13:41 - Mar 27 with 2313 viewsjasper_T

Odds at the bookies don't matter.
Dan James to sign new deal on 15:16 - Mar 27 with 2225 viewsMoscowJack

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:38 - Mar 27 by jasper_T

Andre's wage here is far far beyond what he'd offer anyone on the pitch. Another loan for him I'd bet.

Might get a few million for Jordan.

I think we could get about 7m for either if their agent does his usual work. If there's a team out there that doesn't know that we're a basket case, we could get that...they are still quite decent players and international footballers.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Dan James to sign new deal on 15:37 - Mar 27 with 2189 viewsAustinIsOurHero

When DJ does go, we should be holding out for a sensible offer, based on his market value. if you look at Montado, who went to Schalke for £11m - we should be looking for similar, if not more. DJ is a full international, scoring goals in both the Championship & international football. No reason why we can't get a good fee for him. Up to the owners to not roll over at the first sight of an offer though.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Dan James to sign new deal on 15:43 - Mar 27 with 2179 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Dan James to sign new deal on 15:37 - Mar 27 by AustinIsOurHero

When DJ does go, we should be holding out for a sensible offer, based on his market value. if you look at Montado, who went to Schalke for £11m - we should be looking for similar, if not more. DJ is a full international, scoring goals in both the Championship & international football. No reason why we can't get a good fee for him. Up to the owners to not roll over at the first sight of an offer though.

If he doesn’t sign an extension he leaves in a year for nothing. Potential buyers are well aware of this so the club must hope that there’ll be a bidding war in the summer.

Getting him to sign an extension would help but I wonder what his agent is telling him?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Dan James to sign new deal on 16:01 - Mar 27 with 2145 viewsicecoldjack

Losing Dan James is one thing, but I think it's likely that the impending summer cull will be enough for Potter and his team to promptly fook off to pastures greener, if that happens then the Swans will find it real hard to attract decent quality coaches and players, not that we will be signing anyone.

On the list to leave

Fer
VDH
James
Routs
Naughton
Ollie Mc
Nordfelt
Olson
Cellina

Once that lot is sold for a pittence/released it will be youth team players all the way to L1, if one breaks through next season expect them gone by January !

Moral is at an all time low with the players by all accounts, it's a shame because with a bit of stability and holding of nerve, we'd have walked this league if a few extra players were kept back in the summer .

Anyway, only thick as fook people didn't know this would happen once we sold to hedge funders, thanks Huw and Co.
Dan James to sign new deal on 16:08 - Mar 27 with 2131 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 15:43 - Mar 27 by Joe_bradshaw

If he doesn’t sign an extension he leaves in a year for nothing. Potential buyers are well aware of this so the club must hope that there’ll be a bidding war in the summer.

Getting him to sign an extension would help but I wonder what his agent is telling him?

So keep him for another year on his current wage. Worse ways to spend money. Tens to hundreds of thousands of reasons for them to want a new contract signed.

Last summer the club were prepared to wait until deadline day to try to get the right offers, rather than accepting the first deal on the table. Which backfired with Jordan Ayew and Fernandez, but for all people are saying we'll accept anything for anyone asap that's not really how it's worked to date.

DJ's not one of the PL duds on wages beyond their ability. A lot of clubs will look at him as get-able. 10 more Championship games plus the June qualifiers with Wales to play. Birch hopefully no mug.
Dan James to sign new deal on 17:52 - Mar 27 with 2043 viewsBytholWyn

One other things that will help the club's position will be Dan's desire to represent Wales, now he's got his first start. There's a lot of competition for the wide berths for Wales, with the injured Lawrence to return, and Wilson an option out left once Ramsey returns to occupy the number 10 position. If James is sat on a bench at a Premier League club he won't be selected by Giggs for the Autumn qualifiers if Ashley Williams' dropping for James Lawrence is anything to go by.

It's very much in James' long-term interests to sign an extension to his contract, with a release clause. Should be perform for Wales at the Euros he could command a very lucrative move to the Premier League - but if he's not playing regularly he could well miss out.
Dan James to sign new deal on 19:31 - Mar 27 with 1958 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dan James to sign new deal on 07:50 - Mar 27 by Thornburyswan

Leeds are not going to get anywhere near him, promoted or not. He was out of their price range before, now he’s more than ten million plus what they can afford. Don’t be surprised to see Man City make an enquiry for him. Young, British and quick. If they were willing to take a punt on Sinclair they’d surely do the same with Dan. 15 to 20 million is chicken feed to them. A poultry sum.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024