Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James to sign new deal 18:26 - Feb 18 with 44369 viewswestisbest

Great news

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-james-news-leeds-united-1584
Dan James to sign new deal on 16:30 - Mar 28 with 2894 viewsjasper_T

Football Insider are the furthest thing from insiders.
Dan James to sign new deal on 20:59 - Mar 28 with 2792 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:07 - Mar 28 by GreatBritton

To Margaret Dumont: "Are you married? Are you rich? Answer the second question foist."

“Send Emily 200 roses and write “I love you” on the back of the bill “

“Don’t leave in a huff, leave in a minute and a huff”

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:04 - Mar 28 with 2777 viewsairedale

Dan James to sign new deal on 19:51 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

30 grand a week & I’m sure Dan will question his desire.

Anyway playing for a better club will enhance his chances for Wales.

No way will the Yanks not cash in on him this summer.

The only loyalty in football is the fans

Loyal yep, 21,000 in the PL, 21,000 in League 2.
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:28 - Mar 28 with 2721 viewspencoedjack

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:04 - Mar 28 by airedale

Loyal yep, 21,000 in the PL, 21,000 in League 2.

We have a decent loyal following although as you rightly point out it’s not 21k 👍
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:37 - Mar 28 with 2719 viewsTNT

Dan James to sign new deal on 16:12 - Mar 28 by valleyboy

Who in their right mind would listen to John Hanson

Exactly.

John Hanson was a merchant from Maryland during the era of the American Revolution. I wouldn't listen to him either, Val.

He was born near Port Tobacco... not confusing him with someone from Port Talbot, are you?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:37 - Mar 28 with 2717 viewsairedale

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:28 - Mar 28 by pencoedjack

We have a decent loyal following although as you rightly point out it’s not 21k 👍

I can’t understand why people will come and watch their local league club in the PL but not when they are in the Championship, and so on.
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:39 - Mar 28 with 2712 viewsTNT

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:37 - Mar 28 by airedale

I can’t understand why people will come and watch their local league club in the PL but not when they are in the Championship, and so on.

Making a stand mun. Ask Val.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Dan James to sign new deal on 22:09 - Mar 28 with 2634 viewsvalleyboy

Dan James to sign new deal on 19:51 - Mar 27 by pencoedjack

30 grand a week & I’m sure Dan will question his desire.

Anyway playing for a better club will enhance his chances for Wales.

No way will the Yanks not cash in on him this summer.

The only loyalty in football is the fans

Not only will Dan James question the desire to play for Swansea, but will think twice in signing a new contract. If his agent has told him that two of the big clubs are interested in signing him

Look at the deal that Ramsey had when his contract ended with Arsenal

I’m not saying that Dan James is in Ramsy’s wage scale, not yet anyway. But it’s still a good example to give
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James to sign new deal on 06:59 - Mar 29 with 2538 viewstheloneranger

Dan James to sign new deal on 16:12 - Mar 28 by valleyboy

Who in their right mind would listen to John Hanson

His father Dan used to make lovely pies!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dan James to sign new deal on 19:17 - Mar 29 with 2334 viewsplasjack

Dan James to sign new deal on 06:59 - Mar 29 by theloneranger

His father Dan used to make lovely pies!

Port Talbots best export, travel especially to top up my freezer, but back to Dan James, let Man City buy him and loan him back to us for next season.
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:58 - Mar 29 with 2234 viewsvalleyboy

Dan James to sign new deal on 19:17 - Mar 29 by plasjack

Port Talbots best export, travel especially to top up my freezer, but back to Dan James, let Man City buy him and loan him back to us for next season.

Read icwales,in where it’s said that very little progress has been made in negotiations between James and Swansea City

With now that his agent knows that Premier League clubs and especially Man City are interested.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he doeadnt sign a new deal
Dan James to sign new deal on 22:10 - Mar 29 with 2235 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:58 - Mar 29 by valleyboy

Read icwales,in where it’s said that very little progress has been made in negotiations between James and Swansea City

With now that his agent knows that Premier League clubs and especially Man City are interested.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he doeadnt sign a new deal

Who do you think planted the story that City are interested? Standard practice during negotiations.
Dan James to sign new deal on 22:45 - Mar 29 with 2212 viewsjackrmee

Dan James to sign new deal on 16:30 - Mar 28 by jasper_T

Football Insider are the furthest thing from insiders.

Football insider actually were first to report James to Leeds all the way back in November.

Dan James to Leeds? by jackrmee 13 Nov 2018 22:32
Don't know who "Football Insider" is, but I hope to fuk he's a joker...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-leeds-in-hunt-to-sign-swansea-player-in-january/

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Dan James to sign new deal on 22:56 - Mar 29 with 2188 viewsDr_Winston

Dan James to sign new deal on 22:10 - Mar 29 by jasper_T

Who do you think planted the story that City are interested? Standard practice during negotiations.

Innit.

Time and time again shit like this happens. Time and time again people fail to notice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:33 - Mar 30 with 2042 viewsvalleyboy

Dan James to sign new deal on 22:10 - Mar 29 by jasper_T

Yes that happens

But why has negotiations come to a full stop between James’s agent and Swansea City

If James is only looking for parity with what Rodon and Roberts are earning

There’s something not right there, as James has passed them a long way in the transfer/earnings market

In my view Swansea are not prepared to pay James the wage that James should be on
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:03 - Mar 30 with 2011 viewsTailGunner

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:33 - Mar 30 by valleyboy

Yes that happens

But why has negotiations come to a full stop between James’s agent and Swansea City

There’s something not right there, as James has passed them a long way in the transfer/earnings market

In my view Swansea are not prepared to pay James the wage that James should be on

James was being scouted before January.
A club handing out redundancy notices simply cannot and should not be able to honour the contract of what James is worth in today's market.

Regardless of what's happened in the past or who owns us - he 100% will not be playing championship football next year.

Cash in for the maximum amount and plug this black hole that everyone is talking about.

Focus on keeping others just as important as DJ to us - if possible.

He's going, the finances will be made public, there is nothing we won't know come end July
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:09 - Mar 30 with 2014 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 09:33 - Mar 30 by valleyboy

Yes that happens

They want a release clause and it's likely no higher than what we anticipate being able to sell him for in the summer even without a new contract. So why bother? It's a pay rise and signing fee for no benefit on our end.
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:13 - Mar 30 with 1997 viewsTailGunner

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:09 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

They want a release clause and it's likely no higher than what we anticipate being able to sell him for in the summer even without a new contract. So why bother? It's a pay rise and signing fee for no benefit on our end.

You are 100% correct Jasper.
New contract eliminates a bidding war, where we can sit back until later in the window & get the best deal possible.

No slight in James, it's how football works.
Dan James to sign new deal on 10:50 - Mar 30 with 1978 viewsCaptain_Sham

I don't know if contracts can impose a minimum service period before fee kicks in, 1 year for instance? So we say here's a pay rise, give us a year and off you go. I know United did that with Ronaldo but I recall that was more of an agreement than a contractual clause.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 10:51]

Its just a ride.

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:53 - Mar 30 with 1964 viewsthornabyswan

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:13 - Mar 30 by TailGunner

You are 100% correct Jasper.
New contract eliminates a bidding war, where we can sit back until later in the window & get the best deal possible.

No slight in James, it's how football works.

Correct

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Dan James to sign new deal on 11:40 - Mar 30 with 1936 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 10:50 - Mar 30 by Captain_Sham

I don't know if contracts can impose a minimum service period before fee kicks in, 1 year for instance? So we say here's a pay rise, give us a year and off you go. I know United did that with Ronaldo but I recall that was more of an agreement than a contractual clause.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 10:51]

If a big club comes in with a serious offer this summer they'll want to move. It's why they want a release clause in the first place, don't want to be tied down if the club decides to get stubborn/see sense as in January.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:07 - Mar 30 with 1912 viewsdobjack2

It just makes it clear that the club do not expect him to be here next season.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:27 - Mar 30 with 1893 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:07 - Mar 30 by dobjack2

It just makes it clear that the club do not expect him to be here next season.

The only thing it makes clear is that we're not doing any meaningful business before the new chairman starts on Monday.

Don't think a new contract will change anyone's mind about where he'll be next season.
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:55 - Mar 30 with 1873 viewsdobjack2

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:27 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

The only thing it makes clear is that we're not doing any meaningful business before the new chairman starts on Monday.

Don't think a new contract will change anyone's mind about where he'll be next season.

First bit is true, forgot he hadn’t started yet. As for the second bit why give a new contract with a release clause if the club is expecting/ hoping for a bidding war.

We’ll see how Birch plays this one.
Dan James to sign new deal on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 1844 viewsvalleyboy

Dan James to sign new deal on 12:55 - Mar 30 by dobjack2

First bit is true, forgot he hadn’t started yet. As for the second bit why give a new contract with a release clause if the club is expecting/ hoping for a bidding war.

We’ll see how Birch plays this one.

James will be in the last year of his contract next season and will be gone for virtually nothing when is contract ends

Dan James’s agent is one of the shrewdest in the buisness and he’s only interested in what he can get for James and of course himself

But there that’s what a football player expects him to do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024