Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independent MPs? 12:08 - Feb 19 with 13282 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Does this provide a way forward? We'd have to select people based on who they are, what they have achieved and what they believe in rather than the stale two party model.

[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 12:14]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Independent MPs? on 23:25 - Feb 19 with 1406 viewsWarwickHunt

Independent MPs? on 22:35 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

A grievous loss, sir.

Chair of Labour Friends of Israel, so quite significant.
Independent MPs? on 23:31 - Feb 19 with 1399 viewsLohengrin

Independent MPs? on 23:25 - Feb 19 by WarwickHunt

Chair of Labour Friends of Israel, so quite significant.

Not in this Labour Party it isn’t, mate. Not for the best part of four years.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Independent MPs? on 23:37 - Feb 19 with 1390 viewsWarwickHunt

Independent MPs? on 23:31 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

Not in this Labour Party it isn’t, mate. Not for the best part of four years.

In terms of giving others a nudge to leave, it may well be...
Independent MPs? on 23:53 - Feb 19 with 1381 viewsKilkennyjack

Independent MPs? on 21:35 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

A Welsh patriot wouldn’t trust Helen Mary Jones to feed their cat if they went away for a week let alone govern their affairs.

Whereas May, Boris, Farage, Gove, and Hunt always ensure that Welsh interests are paramount.

Time for change, time for indywales.

Charlotte Church knows, are you indy yet ?

Beware of the Risen People

Independent MPs? on 23:59 - Feb 19 with 1374 viewsLohengrin

Independent MPs? on 23:37 - Feb 19 by WarwickHunt

In terms of giving others a nudge to leave, it may well be...

Behind closed doors I imagine McDonnell is rubbing his hands in glee. This is what him, Jez and the rest of the claque at the top have wanted since day one: a purged, ideologically pure (to them) party. Well, they’ll have that by Monday. Let’s see if it can float.

Independent MPs? on 00:02 - Feb 20 with 1373 viewsLohengrin

Independent MPs? on 23:53 - Feb 19 by Kilkennyjack

Whereas May, Boris, Farage, Gove, and Hunt always ensure that Welsh interests are paramount.

Time for change, time for indywales.

Charlotte Church knows, are you indy yet ?

I never comment on anything without stooping first and thinking...wait! What would Charlotte do?

Independent MPs? on 00:10 - Feb 20 with 1369 viewsKilkennyjack

Independent MPs? on 00:02 - Feb 20 by Lohengrin

I never comment on anything without stooping first and thinking...wait! What would Charlotte do?

Well in Europe every nation gets a vote irrespective of size.
We see full well the influence Ireland has on Brexit.

In the UK the nations simply do as England says. Ignored.
We see the influence Scotland and Wales have on Brexit. None.

Charlotte says its a stark contrast.
New vs old, good vs evil, right vs wrong, ... time for indy wales, and you knows it ... 😂

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

Independent MPs? on 00:19 - Feb 20 with 1359 viewsDJack

Independent MPs? on 14:17 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

The problem I have, with Macron especially, is that when you start to unpack what he means when he uses terms like ‘progressive’ is that the reality bears no relation to common conception. It looks an awful lot like managing public decline for private profit.

Another thing I have a problem with is accepting that being pro-Europe and pro-EU (as currently constituted) is coterminous. Or, for that matter, there is much of a confluence of vision or goals between ‘business’ and upper case ‘Big Business.’

I’ve probably been around long enough to have read too much and been disappointed too often.

Lohengrin, you are a wânker..."coterminous"

Remind me again of this word in a week's time, please. Thank you.

p.s Yes, I'm not very literate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Independent MPs? on 08:21 - Feb 20 with 1315 viewsWarwickHunt

Independent MPs? on 23:59 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

Behind closed doors I imagine McDonnell is rubbing his hands in glee. This is what him, Jez and the rest of the claque at the top have wanted since day one: a purged, ideologically pure (to them) party. Well, they’ll have that by Monday. Let’s see if it can float.

McDonnell is considerably more electorally savvy than Corbyn.
He’s probably shitting himself.

A mass defection is very likely if a second referendum isn’t backed, throw in 20-30 or more Tories (4 cabinet ministers have threatened to leave if no deal isn’t taken off the table) and the tacit support of the Lib Dems ( yes, I know...) and the landscape looks very different.

We’ll see. Very soon too.
Independent MPs? on 10:02 - Feb 20 with 1279 viewsProfessor

Most of us are pretty moderate in political thinking. Both the current Labour Party and an ERG-corrupted Tory party don't speak for or have the interest of most people at heart. As I have debated with Loh in the past I have a number of reasons (non economic) of why staying in the EU is beneficial. Personally I have had enough of Corbyn and have left the Labour Party though will still support my current MP (who is doing a decent job). I worry about the effect of Brexit locally as the Vauxhall Plant is in my constituency and Airbus just over the Dee at Broughton. As it stands the 8 ex-labour MPs are not enough to force change but fully support their reasons for leaving. I would welcome a coalition with the likes of Anna Soubry and Sarah Woolaston. We need moderation and a common way forward. Life after a hard Brexit will not be rosy for a number of years. Perhaps in a decade it will make less difference, but it will be a bitter medicine.

Luciana Berger in particular who has treated incredibly badly by Wavertree CLP. We should have no place for antisemitism or any other intolerance (Cardiff City excepted) in this country.
I have been to Israel and did not like it. Could not stand the hatred and distrust between peoples. The stance of the hard left is making Israelis, and in particular the older generation, less likely to find a compromise or peaceful solution with Palestinians.
Independent MPs? on 11:40 - Feb 20 with 1244 viewsProfessor

Independent MPs? on 10:02 - Feb 20 by Professor

Most of us are pretty moderate in political thinking. Both the current Labour Party and an ERG-corrupted Tory party don't speak for or have the interest of most people at heart. As I have debated with Loh in the past I have a number of reasons (non economic) of why staying in the EU is beneficial. Personally I have had enough of Corbyn and have left the Labour Party though will still support my current MP (who is doing a decent job). I worry about the effect of Brexit locally as the Vauxhall Plant is in my constituency and Airbus just over the Dee at Broughton. As it stands the 8 ex-labour MPs are not enough to force change but fully support their reasons for leaving. I would welcome a coalition with the likes of Anna Soubry and Sarah Woolaston. We need moderation and a common way forward. Life after a hard Brexit will not be rosy for a number of years. Perhaps in a decade it will make less difference, but it will be a bitter medicine.

Luciana Berger in particular who has treated incredibly badly by Wavertree CLP. We should have no place for antisemitism or any other intolerance (Cardiff City excepted) in this country.
I have been to Israel and did not like it. Could not stand the hatred and distrust between peoples. The stance of the hard left is making Israelis, and in particular the older generation, less likely to find a compromise or peaceful solution with Palestinians.

So with Wollaston, Soubry and Allen there may be sufficient weight and momentum to force something. Interesting times.
Independent MPs? on 12:50 - Feb 20 with 1203 viewsunion_jack

Independent MPs? on 11:40 - Feb 20 by Professor

So with Wollaston, Soubry and Allen there may be sufficient weight and momentum to force something. Interesting times.

It all seems a bit too late imo.??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Independent MPs? on 13:00 - Feb 20 with 1195 viewsWarwickHunt

Independent MPs? on 12:50 - Feb 20 by union_jack

It all seems a bit too late imo.??

No. The tipping point would only come after the vote next week but expect a trickle before then.

Perfect timing for the momentum to build. Both main parties are now under serious pressure before Brexit day. It’s about to get very interesting...
Independent MPs? on 13:05 - Feb 20 with 1192 viewslondonlisa2001

Independent MPs? on 13:00 - Feb 20 by WarwickHunt

No. The tipping point would only come after the vote next week but expect a trickle before then.

Perfect timing for the momentum to build. Both main parties are now under serious pressure before Brexit day. It’s about to get very interesting...

I’m sure there are many of us thinking, if this takes off, finally the beginnings of a party we can vote for without feeling sick.
Independent MPs? on 13:47 - Feb 20 with 1150 viewsLohengrin

Independent MPs? on 13:05 - Feb 20 by londonlisa2001

I’m sure there are many of us thinking, if this takes off, finally the beginnings of a party we can vote for without feeling sick.

It’s more likely most of them will be unseated come the next election.

Independent MPs? on 13:58 - Feb 20 with 1137 viewslonglostjack

I'm not sure why they didn't just join the Liberal Party and get behind its charismatic and dynamic young leader.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Independent MPs? on 14:03 - Feb 20 with 1127 viewsHighjack

Independent MPs? on 13:47 - Feb 20 by Lohengrin

It’s more likely most of them will be unseated come the next election.

A lot of them have massive majorities and now with a big public profile and Soros’s money behind them they’ve definitely got a chance. I think the one thing that could bugger them up is if a certain Anthony Charles Lynton Blair decides to get involved.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Independent MPs? on 14:15 - Feb 20 with 1111 viewsHighjack

Independent MPs? on 13:58 - Feb 20 by longlostjack

I'm not sure why they didn't just join the Liberal Party and get behind its charismatic and dynamic young leader.

I think they can be forgiven for forgetting that the Liberal Democrat’s exist.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Independent MPs? on 14:19 - Feb 20 with 1106 viewsLohengrin

Independent MPs? on 14:03 - Feb 20 by Highjack

A lot of them have massive majorities and now with a big public profile and Soros’s money behind them they’ve definitely got a chance. I think the one thing that could bugger them up is if a certain Anthony Charles Lynton Blair decides to get involved.

Do you know what, I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning. This could well be the moment where charming Tony with his shit-eating grin and pockets bulging from Soros largesse attempts to remount the stage. Maybe not in a Parliamentary sense but as this group’s media booster.

Independent MPs? on 14:26 - Feb 20 with 1096 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'm waiting for Sadiq Khan to join in so we can have a party called......

Chuka Khan

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Independent MPs? on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 1093 viewslonglostjack

Independent MPs? on 14:26 - Feb 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Chuka Khan

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Independent MPs? on 15:06 - Feb 20 with 1066 viewsWarwickHunt

Independent MPs? on 14:26 - Feb 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Chuka Khan

I feel for you.
Independent MPs? on 15:22 - Feb 20 with 1049 viewsProfessor

Independent MPs? on 15:06 - Feb 20 by WarwickHunt

I feel for you.

AIN'T NOBODY LOVE YOU BETTER!
Independent MPs? on 15:58 - Feb 20 with 1021 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Anna Soubry , she will be a fantastic member of the group as she voted -

51 X times cut benefits
14 X for the Bedroom Tax
​​​14 X against bankers bonus tax
23 X to reduce corporation tax

Once a Tory, always a Tory.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Independent MPs? on 16:17 - Feb 20 with 1001 viewsHighjack

Independent MPs? on 15:58 - Feb 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Anna Soubry , she will be a fantastic member of the group as she voted -

51 X times cut benefits
14 X for the Bedroom Tax
​​​14 X against bankers bonus tax
23 X to reduce corporation tax

Once a Tory, always a Tory.

Best for Britain butt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024