Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter says we will improve 08:19 - Feb 22 with 4560 views34dfgdf54

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brutal-experiences-sh

Spot on and highlights how well this season has gone imo.

I honestly fancy us to do a Norwich next year with a bit of backing, unless we have a Europa League campaign to deal with again
Potter says we will improve on 08:21 - Feb 22 with 3385 viewsjackrmee

I definitely think we will improve, even with no strengthening.
I do think we will need to replace the high earners that leave though, with some determined youngsters.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter says we will improve on 08:30 - Feb 22 with 3358 viewsMrSwerve

Number 1 priority in the summer is to keep this squad together (I’m talking about the players actually playing) and to offload as many of the PL high earners as possible. Hopefully with that money we can bring in 2 or 3 to strengthen our depth.

If that happens, playoffs certainly within reach. Who knows, if all goes our way, we could push for the autos.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Potter says we will improve on 08:42 - Feb 22 with 3331 viewsDrGonzo

People living in cloud cuckoo land if they think the yanks won't sell anything that's not nailed down in the summer. They'll be busy preparing a league 1 team.
Potter says we will improve on 08:53 - Feb 22 with 3296 viewsjackrmee

Potter says we will improve on 08:42 - Feb 22 by DrGonzo

People living in cloud cuckoo land if they think the yanks won't sell anything that's not nailed down in the summer. They'll be busy preparing a league 1 team.

Every cloud here in cuckoo land is silver and glittery. It's lush mun.

I really don't think the Yanks will sell our youngsters unless big bids come in.
I think they do much of their business on 'Moneyball' type tactics.
On paper, DJ was inexperienced, unproven and hadn't played many games, and was gonna earn them quite a bit of cash. I don't think the same will happen in the summer, unless the offers are even bigger, as he will have proven himself here.

Same goes for the other kids.
If they have proved themselves on the statistics sheets and are not earning much, it will take big bids to prise them away.
Can't see many clubs forking out big money on any of our players, apart from DJ and Oli maybe.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter says we will improve on 22:06 - Feb 22 with 2981 viewsOldjack

Yep ,that's the way most fans see it now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter says we will improve on 22:15 - Feb 22 with 2967 viewsjasper_T

As I've pointed out before, Norwich sold Maddison. Sheff Utd sold Brooks. It's not the end of the world if one or two of our best prospects depart. That's just reality in this division.
Potter says we will improve on 23:01 - Feb 22 with 2919 viewsLuther27

Potter says we will improve on 22:15 - Feb 22 by jasper_T

As I've pointed out before, Norwich sold Maddison. Sheff Utd sold Brooks. It's not the end of the world if one or two of our best prospects depart. That's just reality in this division.

I think who stays depends on who goes....can we offload the Ayews, Baston etc. In a perfect world I'd love to keep a spine of experience in the squad such as VDH and Fer.
Potter says we will improve on 07:37 - Feb 23 with 2788 viewsThornburyswan

Coach in my team will improve in the future shock statement! :-)

The good news is I think he's right, the less good is will that all happen at Swansea both for him & the players that article references - if we can exit the Ayews, Baston plus a few of the higher paid squad players it could but if the "fire sale everything & everybody has a price" continues a more likely outcome would be doing a Sunderland/Portsmouth.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter says we will improve on 10:15 - Feb 23 with 2680 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sadly that is how I see it as well. They let their petticoats show in the last transfer window.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potter says we will improve on 14:22 - Feb 23 with 2588 viewsperplex

Potter says we will improve on 10:15 - Feb 23 by Private_Partz

Sadly that is how I see it as well. They let their petticoats show in the last transfer window.

I think the team can improve, at least until they sell the best players in the next transfer window.
Potter says we will improve on 16:03 - Feb 23 with 2519 viewsOldjack

Potts needs to have a serious word with himself and those players

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter says we will improve on 16:40 - Feb 23 with 2486 viewsperplex

Potter says we will improve on 08:30 - Feb 22 by MrSwerve

Number 1 priority in the summer is to keep this squad together (I’m talking about the players actually playing) and to offload as many of the PL high earners as possible. Hopefully with that money we can bring in 2 or 3 to strengthen our depth.

If that happens, playoffs certainly within reach. Who knows, if all goes our way, we could push for the autos.

I can assure you our owners no 1 priority will not be keeping the squad together can not believe how long it's taking for the penny to drop with you guys maybe things will sink when where fighting to stay up next season.
Potter says we will improve on 16:50 - Feb 23 with 2459 viewsDarran

The only way we will improve is if we keep the nucleus of this squad together and bring in some quality players.
I don’t see that happening.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter says we will improve on 17:02 - Feb 23 with 2424 viewsSmellyplumz

Maybe he should keep his gob shut, just a thought.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Potter says we will improve on 21:11 - Feb 23 with 2200 viewsjackrmee

Potter says we will improve on 22:15 - Feb 22 by jasper_T

Or any division...
Commentator mentioned today that if Maddison carries on playing as he is for Leicester, thst he won't be there for long.
This is life when being a smaller club.
Just gotta be glad they are paying well and hope to get as much as possible for them and wish them well.

Potter says we will improve on 22:41 - Feb 23 with 2118 viewslonglostjack

Potter says we will improve on 16:50 - Feb 23 by Darran

The only way we will improve is if we keep the nucleus of this squad together and bring in some quality players.
I don’t see that happening.

This. A well run club has to have a long term strategy for scouting and recruitment. Tracking potential players, identifying players that fit a system, coordinating with the manager on signings. We’re a shambles. Thanks to the sell outs and clueless Yanks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Potter says we will improve on 05:50 - Feb 24 with 2001 viewsandrew

Potter says we will improve on 17:02 - Feb 23 by Smellyplumz

Maybe he should keep his gob shut, just a thought.

Sick of hearing them words, why do they still interview him, he’s full of shit when it comes to speaking to the camera.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Potter says we will improve on 07:09 - Feb 24 with 1961 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter says we will improve on 05:50 - Feb 24 by andrew

Sick of hearing them words, why do they still interview him, he’s full of shit when it comes to speaking to the camera.

F*cking hell, what do you expect him to say?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Potter says we will improve on 08:04 - Feb 24 with 1909 viewsjackrmee

Potter says we will improve on 05:50 - Feb 24 by andrew

He's pretty honest I reckon

Potter says we will improve on 08:33 - Feb 24 with 1878 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Potter says we will improve on 08:04 - Feb 24 by jackrmee

He's pretty honest I reckon

"I think we have the numbers," Potter told BBC Sport Wales.

There have been calls for reinforcements to the squad from supporters and pundits alike, but Potter said he has "no complaints" over support at board level in the transfer window and contends his squad "is not as light as you think".

Do you think that was honest?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter says we will improve on 09:13 - Feb 24 with 1811 viewsjackrmee

Potter says we will improve on 08:33 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"I think we have the numbers," Potter told BBC Sport Wales.

There have been calls for reinforcements to the squad from supporters and pundits alike, but Potter said he has "no complaints" over support at board level in the transfer window and contends his squad "is not as light as you think".

Do you think that was honest?

I think he means that we have players capable of playing in multiple positions, therefore it makes up for some gaps.
Probably has "no complaints", as he was aware he was going to have to work in this way from the beginning.
"Not a light as you think" is a subjective statement.

He has however said other things contrary to those statements.
He's admitted to being frustrated and even yesterday's presser was honest and frank about the first half performance.

Potter says we will improve on 09:14 - Feb 24 with 1811 viewsunion_jack

He could do no worse than getting them I. Today, sitting them down and getting them to watch the Wales game yesterday.

Maybe, just maybe some if that spirit would rub off onto them and show them what ‘heart’ means in sport!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Potter says we will improve on 09:32 - Feb 24 with 1789 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Potter says we will improve on 09:13 - Feb 24 by jackrmee

I think he means that we have players capable of playing in multiple positions, therefore it makes up for some gaps.
Probably has "no complaints", as he was aware he was going to have to work in this way from the beginning.

He's admitted to being frustrated and even yesterday's presser was honest and frank about the first half performance.

Look at how hard you're having to work to try and justify his comments. If you could only answer yes or no, I suspect it would be no.

I think he's the 'fakest' manager in terms of what he says to the press/fans since Martinez.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter says we will improve on 09:52 - Feb 24 with 1758 viewsjackrmee

Potter says we will improve on 09:32 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Look at how hard you're having to work to try and justify his comments. If you could only answer yes or no, I suspect it would be no.

I think he's the 'fakest' manager in terms of what he says to the press/fans since Martinez.

Haven't worked hard. That all just came to me off the top of my head in a few seconds tbh

Potter says we will improve on 11:50 - Feb 24 with 1681 viewsjasper_T

Potter says we will improve on 09:13 - Feb 24 by jackrmee

When he said that most on here didn't consider players like James, Rodon and Byers "first team players".

He was right that our squad was much bigger than most fans believed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024