Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking fine and court costs 16:48 - Feb 22 with 6798 viewsdonnybackspin

Anyone any idea how much the court costs are for a parking fine dispute at a small claims court?

I am due in Swansea court on the 17th May. I was visiting a client at an industrial park in London, I had permission to park and the parking firm are just not listening to my evidence. So it's off to court to defend myself I did get it moved to Swansea.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Parking fine and court costs on 17:29 - Feb 22 with 5264 viewsJack123

This may be of interest to you, looks like about 250 tops? https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5596757

Just started reading a bit more, I was a bit off the mark there..Looks a lot less, although the thread i found was about 2 year ago so may have risen..
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 17:32]

libera nos a malo

Parking fine and court costs on 18:15 - Feb 22 with 5218 viewsdonnybackspin

Thanks was worried it would cost me £1000!
Parking fine and court costs on 18:41 - Feb 22 with 5191 viewsJack123

Parking fine and court costs on 18:15 - Feb 22 by donnybackspin

Thanks was worried it would cost me £1000!

I hope it works out ok, Just out of curiosity , what were the parking arrangements agreed between you and the person who said it was ok to park there? Did you need to display a ticket? Was it a private bay?

libera nos a malo

Parking fine and court costs on 19:45 - Feb 22 with 5136 viewsdonnybackspin

It was on an industrial estate in London, with no official car park, the businesses are all small units.

There was no parking outside the unit I was visiting so parked opposite the building still onsite against a wall.

The people I was visiting said it was ok and I.put a sign in my car and they have given me a letter to say they gave me permission which I sent the court as part of my evidence.
Parking fine and court costs on 21:21 - Feb 22 with 5059 viewsJack123

Parking fine and court costs on 19:45 - Feb 22 by donnybackspin

It was on an industrial estate in London, with no official car park, the businesses are all small units.

There was no parking outside the unit I was visiting so parked opposite the building still onsite against a wall.

The people I was visiting said it was ok and I.put a sign in my car and they have given me a letter to say they gave me permission which I sent the court as part of my evidence.

I hope you win the case mate, this kind of case makes me want to puke, big boys bullying... It;s absolutely outrageous that if you don't abide by a sign , which you may not/ may have seen you get a fine and taken to the courts.. It makes my blood boil, it really does, this kinda of rubbish needed to be sorted a long time ago.. thank you mps for doing doing ferk all

libera nos a malo

Parking fine and court costs on 21:23 - Feb 22 with 5057 viewsTNT

Hotel in Kensington told me to park in a layby in a side street opposite hotel. I received a fine, sent it to the hotel, and they paid it.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 21:30]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Parking fine and court costs on 21:29 - Feb 22 with 5052 viewsbuilthjack

Parking fine and court costs on 21:21 - Feb 22 by Jack123

I hope you win the case mate, this kind of case makes me want to puke, big boys bullying... It;s absolutely outrageous that if you don't abide by a sign , which you may not/ may have seen you get a fine and taken to the courts.. It makes my blood boil, it really does, this kinda of rubbish needed to be sorted a long time ago.. thank you mps for doing doing ferk all

My mp has done plenty

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Parking fine and court costs on 21:59 - Feb 22 with 5017 viewsJack123

Parking fine and court costs on 21:29 - Feb 22 by builthjack

My mp has done plenty

Plenty of watching tv? Or playing with their fannys and cocks, cause they are not looking after the general public thats for sure.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Parking fine and court costs on 22:24 - Feb 22 with 4987 viewsbuilthjack

Parking fine and court costs on 21:59 - Feb 22 by Jack123

Plenty of watching tv? Or playing with their fannys and cocks, cause they are not looking after the general public thats for sure.

No, just fiddling his expenses and putting a few false invoices in

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Parking fine and court costs on 23:06 - Feb 22 with 4970 viewsmajorraglan

Could easily be addressed if the Government told the DVLA to stop giving out the details of vehicles owners to these companies.
Parking fine and court costs on 15:42 - Feb 23 with 4830 viewsJackUlation

with what you have said, IE: given approval to park and a letter to back you up, My guess is they will not go to court, if they do they will lose. go for it. scare tactics.
Parking fine and court costs on 17:41 - Feb 23 with 4796 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking fine and court costs on 23:06 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

Could easily be addressed if the Government told the DVLA to stop giving out the details of vehicles owners to these companies.

The DVLA can do this, because when you register your car with them you give them deed and title to your vehicle, you own the equity, but you then become the registered keeper and not the owner. They have deed and title which enables them to do it.The cheeky b*stards even charge for it.I know Clase will disagree with this, but it's what it is.
Parking fine and court costs on 18:19 - Feb 23 with 4781 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking fine and court costs on 17:41 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

The DVLA can do this, because when you register your car with them you give them deed and title to your vehicle, you own the equity, but you then become the registered keeper and not the owner. They have deed and title which enables them to do it.The cheeky b*stards even charge for it.I know Clase will disagree with this, but it's what it is.

Clasey does disagree with it because it’s abject nonsense.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking fine and court costs on 19:25 - Feb 23 with 4740 viewsLeonWasGod

Parking fine and court costs on 23:06 - Feb 22 by majorraglan

Didn’t the Government do the exact opposite and give the DVLA the right to do this about 3-4 yrs ago?
Parking fine and court costs on 19:27 - Feb 23 with 4740 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking fine and court costs on 19:25 - Feb 23 by LeonWasGod

Didn’t the Government do the exact opposite and give the DVLA the right to do this about 3-4 yrs ago?

Nope.

Parking fine and court costs on 19:30 - Feb 23 with 4734 viewsLeonWasGod

Parking fine and court costs on 19:27 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

Nope.

DVLA have always been able to pass on details have they?
Parking fine and court costs on 19:32 - Feb 23 with 4731 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking fine and court costs on 19:30 - Feb 23 by LeonWasGod

DVLA have always been able to pass on details have they?

For at least 17 years.

Parking fine and court costs on 19:36 - Feb 23 with 4721 viewsLeonWasGod

Parking fine and court costs on 19:32 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

For at least 17 years.

Ok, ta
Parking fine and court costs on 19:40 - Feb 23 with 4720 viewscontroversial_jack

It would be against data protection, but we have given our consent by registering with the DVLA. De- register your vehicle and they can't do it
Parking fine and court costs on 19:48 - Feb 23 with 4709 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking fine and court costs on 19:40 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

It would be against data protection, but we have given our consent by registering with the DVLA. De- register your vehicle and they can't do it

Wibble.

Parking fine and court costs on 20:05 - Feb 23 with 4698 viewsjack2jack

Parking fine and court costs on 17:41 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

No not really, my car is bought and payed for ,if the DVLA think they could take it away from me, having taxed and insured it, they can think again.
You are contraversial though.😀
Parking fine and court costs on 22:10 - Feb 23 with 4648 viewssherpajacob

Few key points.

Who owns or leases the land you parked on?. If you get it in writing they permitted you to park there. You win the case , end of.

, what contract exists between the landowner and the parking vultures taking you to court. Chances are there isn't one, so you win your case.

What signage existed regarding parking, terms and conditions, if none, you win.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Parking fine and court costs on 09:00 - Feb 24 with 4544 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking fine and court costs on 20:05 - Feb 23 by jack2jack

No not really, my car is bought and payed for ,if the DVLA think they could take it away from me, having taxed and insured it, they can think again.
You are contraversial though.😀

Your car is yours and no one else’s. don’t listen to “Freeman” controversial. Read this link instead.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 9:01]

Parking fine and court costs on 09:46 - Feb 24 with 4499 viewsraynor94

Parking fine and court costs on 19:40 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

Don't you ever get fed up of being constantly proved wrong on here? Clasey takes you to task yet again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Parking fine and court costs on 10:44 - Feb 24 with 4466 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking fine and court costs on 09:46 - Feb 24 by raynor94

Don't you ever get fed up of being constantly proved wrong on here? Clasey takes you to task yet again

Clasey doesn't get it, despite it being quite straightforward. I don't know why this is, I suspect he works for the govt or civil service in some way and doesn't want to acknowledge that he's in some way become unwittingly involved in this scam, an having it pointed out to him by myself, he resents it.I quite understand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024