Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations What's the point of it ? 21:12 - Feb 23 with 3500 viewswestside

No team gets promoted.
No team gets relegated
No team has to qualify for it.
Same teams every year.
Cr8p adverts.
Weatherman bleeting on about it.
Awful pundits and commentators like Butler and the rest of the has beens.
Plastic fans come out the woodwork and go to the pub to support a tv screen.
Brexit should ban it.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 14:26 - Feb 25 with 1053 viewsCountyJim

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:10 - Feb 23 by jackrabbit

Anybody who doesn’t have an appreciation of a game like today’s must have had their sporting nerve ends removed. I love football but for real edge of the seat breathlessness whilst watching a war of attrition, no quarter given, any mistake pounced on and punished severely, unbelievable athleticism, physicality and raw courage, combined with instantaneous decision-making under extreme physical and mental pressure - it’s got to be international rugby.

And do you know what? I love football an’ all - it doesn’t cost me anything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 22:11]

I would rather paint my eyeballs with gloss than watch a game of peanut hugging
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 14:45 - Feb 25 with 1031 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 14:26 - Feb 25 by CountyJim

I would rather paint my eyeballs with gloss than watch a game of peanut hugging

Good for you.

Keep away from rugby threads in future because you're not interested in the sport and those of us who are are not remotely interested in your opinion of it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 972 viewsCooperman

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:37 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

Today's game wasn't typical.Many games have one side beating others by 20 , 30, or 40 points; where's the competition in that? It is physical, but they certainly aren't as athletic as top footballers who run miles every game.

Too many stoppages, too many rules and most games bore the pants off me - and no atmosphere for all but some internationals

Too many rules translates into rules you don’t understand.

And apart from England pasting the French (which wouldn’t normally happen) then the largest winning margin so far is 17 points.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 914 viewsAndy1300

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 10:29 - Feb 24 by union_jack

At international level, most likely yes. At club level, nowhere near it.

The 6 Nations is always well patronised, eagerly awaited annually and a great weekends entertainment both on and off the pitch. It doesn’t need leagues or groups or promotion / relegation. It is what it is and has been for many years and long may it continue.

And the Southern Hemisphere teams have their own competition.

Should be an interesting World Cup

As I say to my mate who can't stand rugby, he doesn't understand the game, it's like playing draughts and then playing chess on the same board.

Number 1 team in Wales

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 19:51 - Feb 25 with 914 viewsJackfath

As predicted...

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread by Jackfath 27 Jan 2019 9:49
Looking forward to this. Wales win Friday then the tournament is theirs for the taking. Let's hope a rusty French team appear on the night.

I'm also looking forward to it as it's the time of year when people who dislike rugby tell those that do that they don't like it and nobody else does for 11 months of the year etc etc etc...

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 20:05 - Feb 25 with 909 viewsbonymine

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 14:45 - Feb 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Good for you.

Keep away from rugby threads in future because you're not interested in the sport and those of us who are are not remotely interested in your opinion of it.

100% agree Alan.

We’ve not got a lot to look forward to at this time of year footballwise so the Six Nations is an entertaining and welcome distraction but each to their own as ever ? !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 20:18 - Feb 25 with 902 viewsjack247

I absolutely love it. Not a huge rugby fan, but love the fact it brings the country together and it’s 5 unofficial national piss ups. Very easy to get invested in the games as well.

All these massive rugby fans with no interest in anything below international level are probably kidding themselves a bit, but it’s still a great spectacle. I’d be surprised if anyone couldn’t get into that game Saturday.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:29 - Feb 25 with 859 viewscontroversial_jack

30 huge guys just running straight at each other is not entertaining, especially if you are a neutral.
Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 23:26 - Feb 25 with 832 viewsjack247

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:29 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

30 huge guys just running straight at each other is not entertaining, especially if you are a neutral.

If that’s your perception of rugby, you’re probably not intelligent enough to be entertained by it.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 06:38 - Feb 26 with 764 viewsSirjohnalot

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:29 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

I don’t know Jack, it’s almost as of you deliberately say things that are controversial.....ah.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 08:09 - Feb 26 with 731 viewssainthelens

Seeing the ball in the air as much as it was, can't help but wonder wether Colin was a consultant in some shape or form.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 09:00 - Feb 26 with 718 viewsWarwickHunt

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 06:38 - Feb 26 by Sirjohnalot

I don’t know Jack, it’s almost as of you deliberately say things that are controversial.....ah.

Twàt_Jack would have been too obvious.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 09:29 - Feb 26 with 701 viewsLegend83

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 08:09 - Feb 26 by sainthelens

Seeing the ball in the air as much as it was, can't help but wonder wether Colin was a consultant in some shape or form.

I am a massive rugby fan, but Christ box-kicking has to be the worst tactic deployed. I can't remember the last time a team regained quality possession from it.

Either the oppo FB collects and gets a free run or the runner manages to grab it but then gets turned over as no-one else was keeping up with him.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 14:17 - Feb 26 with 655 viewscontroversial_jack

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 06:38 - Feb 26 by Sirjohnalot

Not really, I just don't think it's very entertaining. When there were small elusive guys running with the ball, yes, but it's just burly guys battering into each other these days.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 626 viewsBarrySwan

"We did at one time have similar, it was called the home internationals, but I think it was stopped in the 80s, I can't remember why - maybe someone can remember?I used to enjoy them very much."

I remember

It was mainly because Wales and Northern Ireland were so appallingly uncompetitive.

And too many Wales v Northern Ireland games shown to a wider audience could well have caused a collapse in the worldwide sport as anyone unfortunate enough to have watched one of these games had every reason to dedicate the rest of their lives in trying to get the sport banned for being a tedious monument to incompetence, lack of any defined skill and a general waste of time based entirely on the Wales, Northern Ireland genre.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 15:57]
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 16:21 - Feb 26 with 608 viewstheloneranger

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 15:54 - Feb 26 by BarrySwan

"We did at one time have similar, it was called the home internationals, but I think it was stopped in the 80s, I can't remember why - maybe someone can remember?I used to enjoy them very much."

I remember

It was mainly because Wales and Northern Ireland were so appallingly uncompetitive.

And too many Wales v Northern Ireland games shown to a wider audience could well have caused a collapse in the worldwide sport as anyone unfortunate enough to have watched one of these games had every reason to dedicate the rest of their lives in trying to get the sport banned for being a tedious monument to incompetence, lack of any defined skill and a general waste of time based entirely on the Wales, Northern Ireland genre.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 15:57]

"It was mainly because Wales and Northern Ireland were so appallingly uncompetitive."

The same Northern Ireland and Wales who finished 1st and 2nd in the final 1983/84 Home Championship, with England 3rd and Scotland bottom.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 20:20 - Feb 26 with 544 viewssherpajacob

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 16:21 - Feb 26 by theloneranger

"It was mainly because Wales and Northern Ireland were so appallingly uncompetitive."

The same Northern Ireland and Wales who finished 1st and 2nd in the final 1983/84 Home Championship, with England 3rd and Scotland bottom.

one issue was it was shunted around the calendar.

Sometimes played as a, block at the end of the season, but clubs hated that as it always clashed with cup finals, players c often unavailable because of EUFA cup or European cup committments.

Sometimes fixtures spread throughout the season, but then the tournament had no momentum.

England v Scotland was always played as the finale, and carried on as the Rous cup, but even that was binned. So much for the FA and tradition regarding the oldest soccer international in the world. Not as old as the oldest rugby international though, but that's another thread.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024