Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations What's the point of it ? 21:12 - Feb 23 with 3513 viewswestside

No team gets promoted.
No team gets relegated
No team has to qualify for it.
Same teams every year.
Cr8p adverts.
Weatherman bleeting on about it.
Awful pundits and commentators like Butler and the rest of the has beens.
Plastic fans come out the woodwork and go to the pub to support a tv screen.
Brexit should ban it.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 21:18 - Feb 23 with 2428 viewsWxmJax

You are my 89 year-old father-in-law and I claim my £5.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 21:21 - Feb 23 with 2420 viewsbuilthjack

About a dozen truly professional countries play it, with the rest being part timers.
There needs to be a number of divisions in the 6 nation, with promotion and relegation. The same 6 every year , why is that? Make it 18 nation, or 24 nation. Or are they scared that a few of the existing 6 nations countries will drop down a division?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 21:42 - Feb 23 with 2393 viewsdickythorpe

It isn't football see. Different game, different expectations and different mindset.

Tougher players as well.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:06 - Feb 23 with 2361 viewsjackrmee

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 21:42 - Feb 23 by dickythorpe

It isn't football see. Different game, different expectations and different mindset.

Tougher players as well.

And sh!t

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:10 - Feb 23 with 2356 viewsjackrabbit

Anybody who doesn’t have an appreciation of a game like today’s must have had their sporting nerve ends removed. I love football but for real edge of the seat breathlessness whilst watching a war of attrition, no quarter given, any mistake pounced on and punished severely, unbelievable athleticism, physicality and raw courage, combined with instantaneous decision-making under extreme physical and mental pressure - it’s got to be international rugby.

And do you know what? I love football an’ all - it doesn’t cost me anything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 22:11]
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:37 - Feb 23 with 2303 viewscontroversial_jack

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:10 - Feb 23 by jackrabbit

Anybody who doesn’t have an appreciation of a game like today’s must have had their sporting nerve ends removed. I love football but for real edge of the seat breathlessness whilst watching a war of attrition, no quarter given, any mistake pounced on and punished severely, unbelievable athleticism, physicality and raw courage, combined with instantaneous decision-making under extreme physical and mental pressure - it’s got to be international rugby.

And do you know what? I love football an’ all - it doesn’t cost me anything.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 22:11]

Today's game wasn't typical.Many games have one side beating others by 20 , 30, or 40 points; where's the competition in that? It is physical, but they certainly aren't as athletic as top footballers who run miles every game.

Too many stoppages, too many rules and most games bore the pants off me - and no atmosphere for all but some internationals
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:51 - Feb 23 with 2274 viewsSirjohnalot

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:37 - Feb 23 by controversial_jack

Today's game wasn't typical.Many games have one side beating others by 20 , 30, or 40 points; where's the competition in that? It is physical, but they certainly aren't as athletic as top footballers who run miles every game.

Too many stoppages, too many rules and most games bore the pants off me - and no atmosphere for all but some internationals

Not sure I understand the point of ‘ my sport is better than your sport ‘ comments.

All sports, have the ability to be totally absorbing, mesmerising, exciting, skilful, predictable, woeful, lacklustre, etc that’s the whole point of them. Every sport that exist, must be capable of the above otherwise people wouldn’t watch or support and the game would die.

Watched 100s of games of rugby over the years, mostly Neath, it’s my favourite sport, but wouldn’t decry other sports I don’t watch, mainly because I don’t understand them enough and therefore won’t appreciate them.

Just enjoy a win over England
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:56 - Feb 23 with 2263 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rugby doesn’t do it for me. It’s an odd game and I’ve always despised the culture of welsh rugby with every fibre of my being. That whole daffodil hat and got to watch the boys in the match thing. Pseudo nationalistic bollocks. But each to their own.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:59 - Feb 23 with 2259 viewslifelong

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:51 - Feb 23 by Sirjohnalot

Not sure I understand the point of ‘ my sport is better than your sport ‘ comments.

All sports, have the ability to be totally absorbing, mesmerising, exciting, skilful, predictable, woeful, lacklustre, etc that’s the whole point of them. Every sport that exist, must be capable of the above otherwise people wouldn’t watch or support and the game would die.

Watched 100s of games of rugby over the years, mostly Neath, it’s my favourite sport, but wouldn’t decry other sports I don’t watch, mainly because I don’t understand them enough and therefore won’t appreciate them.

Just enjoy a win over England

I am not a rugger fan but I like the six nations, we should have a six nations in football.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 00:19 - Feb 24 with 2190 viewslonglostjack

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:56 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

Rugby doesn’t do it for me. It’s an odd game and I’ve always despised the culture of welsh rugby with every fibre of my being. That whole daffodil hat and got to watch the boys in the match thing. Pseudo nationalistic bollocks. But each to their own.

Ignore the daffodil brigade. It was a hell of a sporting achievement today and all the sweeter because we beat the Saes. That probably makes me a racist but what the hell.

As for sexism - sorry BBC I have no interest in women’s rugby at all although having said that the French girl in the ad is really attractive, you knew that though didn’t you?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 0:25]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 00:19 - Feb 24 with 2188 viewscontroversial_jack

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:59 - Feb 23 by lifelong

I am not a rugger fan but I like the six nations, we should have a six nations in football.

We did at one time have similar, it was called the home internationals, but I think it was stopped in the 80s, I can't remember why - maybe someone can remember?I used to enjoy them very much.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 00:21 - Feb 24 with 2184 viewslonglostjack

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 00:19 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

We did at one time have similar, it was called the home internationals, but I think it was stopped in the 80s, I can't remember why - maybe someone can remember?I used to enjoy them very much.

Nothing to do with the English FA I don’t suppose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 00:27 - Feb 24 with 2177 viewstheloneranger

Players tired at the end of the season ...

So now they take those same tired players on tour, to play in aimless tournaments and make loads of money.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 06:39 - Feb 24 with 2075 viewssdh1412

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 22:59 - Feb 23 by lifelong

We used to it was called the Home Internationals. Played at the end of every season.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 07:48 - Feb 24 with 2027 viewsdeepdale81

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 06:39 - Feb 24 by sdh1412

We used to it was called the Home Internationals. Played at the end of every season.

We have to remember why these tournaments were started in the first place.A victorian idea to bring the united.kingdom together.
Less division. Probably something we could learn from today in view of current politics.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 07:51 - Feb 24 with 2020 views1983

Support Wales in everything and anything and to beat the Jeremy's & Nigel's is the icing on the cake.

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 08:07 - Feb 24 with 1986 viewszedlep

Stopped because England and Scotland considered it to be below them as Wales and NI weren’t good enough. The last year of it saw N I win, Wales 2nd, England 3rd and Scotland 4th !!!!! Not good enough, my hairy ring piece!

Typically, the ones who bleat on every year on the ‘my sport is better than your sport’ topic are the ones who just don’t understand the complexities of rugby or had a more pointed lesson in how useless they were at sport when they played it that one time in school. I suppose it’s easier to hide on a football pitch than a rugby one.
It helps if you have played both (I have). The beauty of the two parts of a rugby team (forwards and backs) working well off each other can be breathtaking.
As Mr T said in the A Team “I pity the fools who can’t understand Rugby Union” .... I think.

Zedzdead

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 1957 viewsMrSwerve

Rumour has it the five/six nations were invented solely to annoy some football fans.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 10:13 - Feb 24 with 1872 viewsBLAZE

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 08:36 - Feb 24 by MrSwerve

Rumour has it the five/six nations were invented solely to annoy some football fans.

I think it worked

Rugby - without doubt our national game
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 10:21 - Feb 24 with 1861 viewsThrasher6

Allows everyone to get drunk in six capital cities....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 10:29 - Feb 24 with 1845 viewsunion_jack

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 10:13 - Feb 24 by BLAZE

I think it worked

Rugby - without doubt our national game

At international level, most likely yes. At club level, nowhere near it.

The 6 Nations is always well patronised, eagerly awaited annually and a great weekends entertainment both on and off the pitch. It doesn’t need leagues or groups or promotion / relegation. It is what it is and has been for many years and long may it continue.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 11:33 - Feb 25 with 1526 viewsTom1912

One of the best sporting events of the year, is the point of it, but each to his/her own.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 11:37 - Feb 25 with 1521 viewsJackSomething

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 10:29 - Feb 24 by union_jack

At international level, most likely yes. At club level, nowhere near it.

The 6 Nations is always well patronised, eagerly awaited annually and a great weekends entertainment both on and off the pitch. It doesn’t need leagues or groups or promotion / relegation. It is what it is and has been for many years and long may it continue.

Nailed it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 13:06 - Feb 25 with 1478 viewsdickythorpe

It certainly has a lot of idiots getting drunk and making a nuisance of themselves.......92 football league clubs every Saturday have the same problem.....but I have only been threatened with violence at a rugby match.
Six Nations What's the point of it ? on 13:57 - Feb 25 with 1430 viewsunion_jack

Even though I love it, some of the examples of why you don’t chime with me.

Especially those bloody daffodil hats!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024