Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Claude Puell sacked 10:24 - Feb 24 with 3192 viewsbuilthjack

Brendan Rodgers next in. £75m summer budget

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Claude Puell sacked on 10:45 - Feb 24 with 2493 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember reading people on here not want Rodgers back because they were still upset he left us before.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Claude Puell sacked on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 2480 viewsbuilthjack

Claude Puell sacked on 10:45 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember reading people on here not want Rodgers back because they were still upset he left us before.

I don't know why they would say that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Claude Puell sacked on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 2480 viewsThrasher6

The Teeth wont take it....not big enough...(for his ego)

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Claude Puell sacked on 10:56 - Feb 24 with 2451 viewsthornabyswan

75 million you say

Andre Ayew 20
Bony 12
Sanchez 8 loan
Clucas 15
Messa 11
Baston 15
Ok a little bit more than 75 but surely they could stretch to 80 plus.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Claude Puell sacked on 10:58 - Feb 24 with 2444 viewsjackrmee

Be good to see Brendan back in the prem.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Claude Puell sacked on 11:01 - Feb 24 with 2433 viewsMrSwerve

I don’t see any reason why Brendan would want to leave a comfortable Celtic job to manage Leicester. He’ll only be tempted by a top 4 or 5 club I’d think...and I can’t see that happening again. Possibly someone like Everton could lure him back too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Claude Puell sacked on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 2425 viewsthornabyswan

Claude Puell sacked on 11:01 - Feb 24 by MrSwerve

I don’t see any reason why Brendan would want to leave a comfortable Celtic job to manage Leicester. He’ll only be tempted by a top 4 or 5 club I’d think...and I can’t see that happening again. Possibly someone like Everton could lure him back too.

Pound notes is my guess.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Claude Puell sacked on 11:03 - Feb 24 with 2426 viewsMrSwerve

Claude Puell sacked on 10:45 - Feb 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Two of our biggest mistakes while in the PL in my opinion...not going all out to lure Brendan back, and not stumping up the cash to bring Allen back.

But still...nEvEr gO bAcK...or something.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Claude Puell sacked on 12:16 - Feb 24 with 2291 viewshobo

I wouldn't be surprised to see Potter's name being linked to this job in the coming weeks
Claude Puell sacked on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 2264 viewsHeadmaster

Claude Puell sacked on 12:16 - Feb 24 by hobo

I wouldn't be surprised to see Potter's name being linked to this job in the coming weeks

No disrespect to the guy, but what's Potter done to warrant a job at a Premier League club?
Claude Puell sacked on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 2263 viewsjasper_T

I'd be very surprised. He's hardly torn up trees here.
Claude Puell sacked on 12:43 - Feb 24 with 2216 viewscostalotta

Claude Puell sacked on 12:23 - Feb 24 by jasper_T

I'd be very surprised. He's hardly torn up trees here.

So would I. But there’s no disputing he’s done well in the circumstances. But you may not agree with that.

Out of interest, where do you think this squad should be, or could be with a coach who’s “pulled up trees”?
Claude Puell sacked on 12:45 - Feb 24 with 2214 viewsBadlands

Claude Puell sacked on 10:56 - Feb 24 by thornabyswan

75 million you say

Andre Ayew 20
Bony 12
Sanchez 8 loan
Clucas 15
Messa 11
Baston 15
Ok a little bit more than 75 but surely they could stretch to 80 plus.

I thought the board didn't spend ay money to keep us up last season!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Claude Puell sacked on 13:16 - Feb 24 with 2172 viewsjasper_T

Claude Puell sacked on 12:43 - Feb 24 by costalotta

So would I. But there’s no disputing he’s done well in the circumstances. But you may not agree with that.

Out of interest, where do you think this squad should be, or could be with a coach who’s “pulled up trees”?

Playoffs or on the verge.

Take every game where we've dropped points due to a bad starting lineup, and every game where we've thrown away points due to not making substitutions until we've thrown a lead away, and that's where we'd be. 6-9 points in bad management decisions from doing a very good job.
Claude Puell sacked on 13:27 - Feb 24 with 2144 viewsthornabyswan

Claude Puell sacked on 12:45 - Feb 24 by Badlands

I thought the board didn't spend ay money to keep us up last season!

No they spent plenty their mistake was not getting shot of Jenkins earlier.
Paying the price now though.

Claude Puell sacked on 13:44 - Feb 24 with 2109 viewsbuilthjack

Claude Puell sacked on 13:16 - Feb 24 by jasper_T

Take every game where we've dropped points due to a bad starting lineup, and every game where we've thrown away points due to not making substitutions until we've thrown a lead away, and that's where we'd be. 6-9 points in bad management decisions from doing a very good job.

We have picked up a few points where we had no right to them. So it evens out
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 16:04]

Claude Puell sacked on 14:32 - Feb 24 with 2041 viewsjackrmee

Claude Puell sacked on 13:16 - Feb 24 by jasper_T

I can't see this inexperienced squad being in the playoffs with Fergie or Mourinho in charge tbh.
I love the way GP has tried different things, taught the players new ideas, tested different formations and got players playing different positions...
All still within sight of the playoffs.
Very good management imo. We will be stronger for it next season, which is the only aim.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Claude Puell sacked on 14:50 - Feb 24 with 2015 viewsJohnw102

Nor me he has done wonders here wi SFA to work with, a lower EPL club is the next logical step for him. Hope he stays, but like DJ and MVH he will eventually go.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Claude Puell sacked on 15:03 - Feb 24 with 1978 viewsjasper_T

Claude Puell sacked on 13:44 - Feb 24 by builthjack

We have picked up a few points where we had no right to them. So it evens out
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 16:04]

It doesn't even out as there's probably 15+ points worth you could see us getting in an ideal world with Potter performing as a PL manager needs to.

6-9 points is the net figure, not gross.
Claude Puell sacked on 15:14 - Feb 24 with 1944 viewsjasper_T

Claude Puell sacked on 14:32 - Feb 24 by jackrmee

I can't see this inexperienced squad being in the playoffs with Fergie or Mourinho in charge tbh.
I love the way GP has tried different things, taught the players new ideas, tested different formations and got players playing different positions...
All still within sight of the playoffs.
Very good management imo. We will be stronger for it next season, which is the only aim.

What players in different positions are going to strengthen us next season? It's been a long list of "shouldn't try that again" from where I'm standing. We've had our best results playing everyone in their normal role, in the style of football most played either in the u23s or with our first team in years gone by.

Did you love him experimenting again on Saturday in that first half?

Playoffs are gone. 9 points and 6 teams to make ground on, looking over our shoulder at Brentford in 16th, 1 point behind.
Claude Puell sacked on 22:51 - Feb 24 with 1617 viewsLeonWasGod

Claude Puell sacked on 12:23 - Feb 24 by Headmaster

No disrespect to the guy, but what's Potter done to warrant a job at a Premier League club?

I think we’ll be better placed to answer that when he leaves and we get relegated. Given the hand he’s been dealt, he’s done a great job of holding us together. We’re in trouble and I don’t think many people realise it.

On that cheery note, I’m off.
Claude Puell sacked on 07:46 - Feb 25 with 1445 viewsjackrmee

Claude Puell sacked on 15:14 - Feb 24 by jasper_T

What players in different positions are going to strengthen us next season? It's been a long list of "shouldn't try that again" from where I'm standing. We've had our best results playing everyone in their normal role, in the style of football most played either in the u23s or with our first team in years gone by.

Did you love him experimenting again on Saturday in that first half?

Playoffs are gone. 9 points and 6 teams to make ground on, looking over our shoulder at Brentford in 16th, 1 point behind.

It's making them more versatile. I don't mean we should be starting players in different positions all the time, but it definitely gives us more options if the boys know what is expected of them in several different positions and formations.

I agree that we've had most of our best results while playing the normal way, but teams need a plan B. With Potter, we'll have a plan C, D, E even.
This is essential imo, but not easy to learn or implement.
I didn't see the match Saturday, but for that reason alone I am happy with continuous experimenting yes. I do belive it is making us stronger and improving the players who want to learn.

OK, maybe we have had too many bad starts or first halfs, but I don't remember ever having so much confidence that our manager knows what to do when things are going wrong.
Even when we are losing at half time and the performance is dreadful, I have a feeling of confidence that we can come out and win the match after half time.
Even Saturday we did the same. OK, 3-0 was too much to drag back, but we still won the second half. And by all accounts 3-0 was harsh on us in terms of balance of play.

Anyway, my point is, yeah playoffs are probably gone, but we've done well this season. I'm not interested in the playoffs. I'm interested in the club improving. We are losing lots of players, but each time someone leaves and our squad gets thinner and weaker, GP manages to improve us.

We are definitely not as good as we were at the end of last season, squad wise...but once these fire sales stop, we will gradually be getting better and better and learning more and more.

Claude Puell sacked on 11:24 - Feb 25 with 1315 viewsjasper_T

Claude Puell sacked on 07:46 - Feb 25 by jackrmee

It's making them more versatile. I don't mean we should be starting players in different positions all the time, but it definitely gives us more options if the boys know what is expected of them in several different positions and formations.

I agree that we've had most of our best results while playing the normal way, but teams need a plan B. With Potter, we'll have a plan C, D, E even.
This is essential imo, but not easy to learn or implement.
I didn't see the match Saturday, but for that reason alone I am happy with continuous experimenting yes. I do belive it is making us stronger and improving the players who want to learn.

OK, maybe we have had too many bad starts or first halfs, but I don't remember ever having so much confidence that our manager knows what to do when things are going wrong.
Even when we are losing at half time and the performance is dreadful, I have a feeling of confidence that we can come out and win the match after half time.
Even Saturday we did the same. OK, 3-0 was too much to drag back, but we still won the second half. And by all accounts 3-0 was harsh on us in terms of balance of play.

Anyway, my point is, yeah playoffs are probably gone, but we've done well this season. I'm not interested in the playoffs. I'm interested in the club improving. We are losing lots of players, but each time someone leaves and our squad gets thinner and weaker, GP manages to improve us.

We are definitely not as good as we were at the end of last season, squad wise...but once these fire sales stop, we will gradually be getting better and better and learning more and more.

Watch the game if you get time. It's on the website.

The top sides in this division play with plan a every week, and have achieved a consistency of results through it. West Brom are the highest place team who have tried to mix it up game to game (they played us direct and on the counter, prioritising set pieces, but most games they try to play out and keep the ball more). Very little variation among the rest of the top 8.
Claude Puell sacked on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 1081 viewsbuilthjack

You heard it here first folks

Claude Puell sacked on 09:34 - Feb 27 with 956 viewsMoscowJack

Claude Puell sacked on 11:24 - Feb 25 by jasper_T

Watch the game if you get time. It's on the website.

The top sides in this division play with plan a every week, and have achieved a consistency of results through it. West Brom are the highest place team who have tried to mix it up game to game (they played us direct and on the counter, prioritising set pieces, but most games they try to play out and keep the ball more). Very little variation among the rest of the top 8.

I think you have a good point here. The problem is that our plan A isn't working. Whether that's due to wrong type of players or wrong tactics (or set-up) is debatable.

I think Potter's making a lot of mistakes but he's aware enough to correct his mistakes. Unfortunately we're too often we're already one, two or three down.

I think Potter has a style and formation that he prefers, but maybe not the personnel or the flexibility to tweak it properly from game-to-game.

What is very strange is that there seems to be a consistent theme involving being very poor and losing at half time then coming out second half looking like a completely different team. From the outside it looks like plan A isn't working but Potter's good at working out a plan B. To me, it looks like Potter needs some experienced help in the build up to the game to help him get the set up right for the first half. I know Curt's there but have no idea about his level of involvement and how much he could help anyway.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024