Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors 18:24 - Feb 25 with 19437 viewsLord_Bony

Emiliano Sala plane crash: Investigators to focus on pilot's licence
The AAIB says in the last 15 minutes, the light aircraft descended sharply four times and fell at around 90mph before crashing.

https://news.sky.com/story/emiliano-sala-report-shows-unseen-pictures-of-underwa

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 21:33 - Feb 26 with 2218 viewsLeonWasGod

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 16:50 - Feb 26 by felixstowe_jack

Last year's accounts are not late our financial year ends 31st July as opposed to most clubs 31st May. I would expect to our accounts to be two months after most clubs. Cardiff have only just published their accounts.

They hit the press 28th Feb last year, so due any time from now on if it’s the same timing this year. It’ll be interesting.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 21:34 - Feb 26 with 2216 viewspencoedjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 21:31 - Feb 26 by valleyboy

In all the years I’ve watched football. There’s nearly always a team with say 10-12 games to go, that falls down the table like a stone dropping down a mine shaft

Could this team be Brighton this season

Left early for the Valleys after watching Gylfi blue?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 21:40 - Feb 26 with 2208 viewsmahoss

In all the years I’ve watched football. There’s nearly always a team with say 10-12 games to go, that falls down the table like a stone dropping down a mine shaft

Err no it's you.....8 conceded in last 2 games.
It's definitely you !
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 21:45 - Feb 26 with 2192 viewsGaryjack

Yes, but there has to be a team to pick up points to take advantage of that. Sadly for you, it ain't going to be your new team CCFC. Stick with them though, we don't want people like you supporting our club. Off you go.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 21:45]
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 22:17 - Feb 26 with 2119 viewsThe_E20

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 17:17 - Feb 26 by valleyboy

Not sold for nothing????

Let’s just take one player for example

Clucas

Bought from Hull for £15million plus

Sold to Stoke for £6million with Swansea having to pay him to go and that’s besides paying some of his wages

Still paying Hull for part of his transfer fee

That’s just one player

There’s at least another five players that Swansea are forking out money to

This black hole is not future debt that is being talked about but what the debt is now

Yes, not sold for nothing. As you say, we got £6m for that one. Let’s take another example, Mawson bought for £5m and sold for £15m. Another, Fabianski bought for nothing sold for £6m. Another, Bartley signed for £1m and sold for c£3.5m. So that’s £25m right there from those 3 alone - certainly not “nothing”.

Good result for your boys tonight.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:11 - Feb 26 with 2083 viewsbonymine

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:02 - Feb 26 by wobbly

There is an expression that you can have old pilots and bold pilots but you don’t have old, bold pilots. The more you read about this, the more you could describe this flight plan as bold.

A flight in a 35 year old, single engined aircraft, over long expanses of water, in winter, departing late in the day, in freezing conditions, with heavy rain and low clouds, with a pilot only certified to fly visually.

Sadly, the reports today indicate a panicked last few minutes as the pilot realised his ambition had exceeded his ability. And that his luck had run out.

That would have been a very scary end to both of their lives. The contractual stuff over money between two football clubs is but a sideshow.

And why was the flight plan for this trip lodged by Dave Henderson online thereby giving the Nantes Airport Authorities the impression that he was going to be the pilot and therefore a fully qualified ‘night flight’ Pilot ?

His silence thus far is defeaning, his clear links to the McKay ‘cartel’ is there for all to see yet we are still to hear from him ? Rather strange don’t you think ?

Ibbotson the pilot initially ‘checked out’ of his hotel room in Nantes at 6.30am according to the Hotel Reception so clearly he expected a daylight hours flight but then after several phone calls he ‘checked back in’ to his room until the fateful flight later that evening.

He also had serious personal financial problems himself including recent CCJ’s against him for several thousand pounds so can anybody really conclude that he ‘volunteered’ to do this trip for ‘expenses only’ and in order to clock up his ‘pilot hours’ ??

This totally preventable and tragic event was 100% avoidable yet again it appears that money and greed have contributed to this most awful tragedy.

RIP Sala
RIP Ibbotson

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:21 - Feb 26 with 2071 viewsLoyal

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:11 - Feb 26 by bonymine

And why was the flight plan for this trip lodged by Dave Henderson online thereby giving the Nantes Airport Authorities the impression that he was going to be the pilot and therefore a fully qualified ‘night flight’ Pilot ?

His silence thus far is defeaning, his clear links to the McKay ‘cartel’ is there for all to see yet we are still to hear from him ? Rather strange don’t you think ?

Ibbotson the pilot initially ‘checked out’ of his hotel room in Nantes at 6.30am according to the Hotel Reception so clearly he expected a daylight hours flight but then after several phone calls he ‘checked back in’ to his room until the fateful flight later that evening.

He also had serious personal financial problems himself including recent CCJ’s against him for several thousand pounds so can anybody really conclude that he ‘volunteered’ to do this trip for ‘expenses only’ and in order to clock up his ‘pilot hours’ ??

This totally preventable and tragic event was 100% avoidable yet again it appears that money and greed have contributed to this most awful tragedy.

RIP Sala
RIP Ibbotson

Frightening to think the coroner appointed will now have to consider suicide and murder as well. What a mess.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:45 - Feb 27 with 1995 viewsraynor94

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:11 - Feb 26 by bonymine

RIP Sala
RIP Ibbotson

The saga is getting murkier by the day, I just hope authorities get to the bottom of it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 11:51 - Feb 27 with 1914 viewsvalleyboy

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of error on 22:17 - Feb 26 by The_E20

Yes, not sold for nothing. As you say, we got £6m for that one. Let’s take another example, Mawson bought for £5m and sold for £15m. Another, Fabianski bought for nothing sold for £6m. Another, Bartley signed for £1m and sold for c£3.5m. So that’s £25m right there from those 3 alone - certainly not “nothing”.

Good result for your boys tonight.

And against the players you have just mentioned.

Perhaps you have forgotten about the club record signing at the time of £15.5 million for Borja Baston. As he only played 18 games for Swansea and contracted till June 2020 and still paying him half his wages while out on loan

Then of course there is the disaster signing of A Ayew

Bought from West Ham for £18million

Contracted till June 2020 and of course still paying him half his wages while out on loan with Fenerbahce with him coming back at the end of the season as the club he is with now don’t want to sign on a permanent basis

Then there is another disaster signing in Bony

His wages at Swansea was £80k per week plus £30k from Manchester City making it a nice £110k per week

Now out on loan with Al-Arabi but Swansea still paying him half his Swansea wages

Even with J Ayew, who was one of Swansea’s big earners, Swansea are still paying some of his wages
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:54 - Feb 27 with 1913 viewsBluebird

This topic is best left until everything comes out.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:59 - Feb 27 with 1909 viewspencoedjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:54 - Feb 27 by Bluebird

This topic is best left until everything comes out.

Maybe by Cardiff City fans.

In the meantime, several football clubs have failed to receive money & Sala's family are out of pocket.

If Cardiff City failed to look after 'their player' that's there fault.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 12:19 - Feb 27 with 1885 viewsvalleyboy

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:59 - Feb 27 by pencoedjack

Maybe by Cardiff City fans.

In the meantime, several football clubs have failed to receive money & Sala's family are out of pocket.

If Cardiff City failed to look after 'their player' that's there fault.

How is Sala’s family out of pocket
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 13:07 - Feb 27 with 1855 viewsjasper_T

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 12:19 - Feb 27 by valleyboy

Are they being paid Sala's wages?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 13:15 - Feb 27 with 1840 views34dfgdf54

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 12:19 - Feb 27 by valleyboy

According to Articles as they are claiming he never signed a legit contract they have missed out of £600k, I'm assuming he would have had a death in service clause if he was in contract.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 13:20 - Feb 27 with 1832 viewsLord_Bony

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 13:15 - Feb 27 by 34dfgdf54

According to Articles as they are claiming he never signed a legit contract they have missed out of £600k, I'm assuming he would have had a death in service clause if he was in contract.

That money is for the players family not the club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 14:16 - Feb 27 with 1782 views34dfgdf54

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 13:20 - Feb 27 by Lord_Bony

That money is for the players family not the club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yeah I know, someone asked why were they out of pocket.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:14 - Feb 27 with 1717 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the matter has been referred to Fifa. They have confirmed and ITC (international transfer certificate) was issued and registered with the Welsh FA.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:34 - Feb 27 with 1696 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:14 - Feb 27 by felixstowe_jack

I see the matter has been referred to Fifa. They have confirmed and ITC (international transfer certificate) was issued and registered with the Welsh FA.

Sadly, that's irrelevant.

If the player had no employment contract with the club, then he's not an employee. It's literally as simple as that - clearance just means the registration has been transferred so he'd be eligible to play for us in Prem league.

It would show intent to complete the contract absolutely and the point remains he'd no doubt have signed a corrected contract if he was alive; the question of the extent to which McKay, Nantes are culpable to the death of Sala remains.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:36 - Feb 27 with 1694 viewspencoedjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:34 - Feb 27 by bluey_the_blue

If the player had no employment contract with the club, then he's not an employee. It's literally as simple as that - clearance just means the registration has been transferred so he'd be eligible to play for us in Prem league.

It would show intent to complete the contract absolutely and the point remains he'd no doubt have signed a corrected contract if he was alive; the question of the extent to which McKay, Nantes are culpable to the death of Sala remains.

I presume your football club were aware of that almost immediately?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:44 - Feb 27 with 1687 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:36 - Feb 27 by pencoedjack

I presume your football club were aware of that almost immediately?

Almost certainly, although I'd not be surprised if certain elements didn't come out till afterwards, ie McKay's emails.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 18:12 - Feb 27 with 1612 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 16:34 - Feb 27 by bluey_the_blue

You can't get ITC unless you have signed a contract and a workiss premit.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:52 - Feb 27 with 1549 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 18:12 - Feb 27 by felixstowe_jack

You can't get ITC unless you have signed a contract and a workiss premit.

Yet the contract was returned, if you remember. Some details needed to be amended - therefore not completed.

Talking to a mate, he came up with an interesting idea. Lodge the first installment with FIFA. If they deem no payment needed then return it. I did have to point out to him I trust FIFA as much as I trust Chris WIlliamson...
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:10 - Feb 27 with 1522 viewslondonlisa2001

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:52 - Feb 27 by bluey_the_blue

Yet the contract was returned, if you remember. Some details needed to be amended - therefore not completed.

Talking to a mate, he came up with an interesting idea. Lodge the first installment with FIFA. If they deem no payment needed then return it. I did have to point out to him I trust FIFA as much as I trust Chris WIlliamson...

The contract is irrelevant for the transfer fee issue surely?

There are two parts to a transfer. One is a payment from one club to another club for a registration. That’s what the transfer fee is for. A registration. Not the player himself.

Second is a contract between club and player (obviously both are usually simultaneous).

Irrespective of the validity of one, the other applies. We were caught out the other way, for example, when we bought a player and signed a contract with him only to find his registration transfer was not valid and he couldn’t play, although he remained our employee and we had to pay him.

In this case, the registration has been confirmed complete (by FIFA) hence the transfer fee is due. Whether the contract between club and player is valid or not is irrelevant to that?

In fact, if I was in that position, and the club had not presented a valid contract yet held the registration (stopping me from entering into a contract of employment with another club), I’d investigate whether i had a claim for restraint of trade (equal to the value of the contract until remedied).

It’s a horribly sad situation, made even worse if that’s possible by appalling behaviour.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:38 - Feb 27 with 1471 viewsexhmrc1

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 19:52 - Feb 27 by bluey_the_blue

It is self evident there was a contract signed by both clubs and Sala. This is why Cardiff showed him with Choo and a Cardiff shirt. This contract was submitted to the FAW who submitted it to FIFA for international clearance. The Premier league issue is a separate issue. The premier league require his contract to play in competitions under their jurisdiction ie Premier league. So he would have transferred from Nantes and been able to play in the FA Cup and any European tournament but wouldnt have been able to play in the premier league due to your club's incompetence in the original contract not meeting premier league standards and your club's ineptitude in failing to getting the contract amended and signed timeously.

It appears that because the amended contract for the premier league had not been completed Sala's family will lose out on 600,000 as the insurance would not be legal. It is also highly likely that he wasn't properly insured by Cardiff City and so they will not receive the monies they would have received hence the reason they are trying to get out of making the transfer payment.

Your club are trying to accuse Mckay and Nantes. Mckay made the arrangements on behalf of Sala. The timing of the flight was changed at Sala's request. This was shown in the text between Sala and Mckay's son who is a Cardiff city employee. Mckay has previously organised 2 flights for Warnock to watch Sala play in a similar plane. There is no evidence of any wrongdoing and even if there is it has nothing to do with Nantes.

As far as agents inflating prices that is standard practice and part of their job to get the best price for their client. If Cardiff didnt like the price they could not have gone ahead with the deal. Nobody held a gun to their head and forced them to buy Sala. They did this of their free will.

Tan has a history with agents after your last failed attempt at the problem. Just imagine this involved an agent called Mckay and imagine what Tan must be thinking over this. His dislike of agents and the fact he has lost 15 million on a player who was killed in a plane organised by someone in the same sounding name as Malky must be driving him mad into thinking there must be a conspiracy.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:56 - Feb 27 with 1439 viewsLord_Bony

I think the death in service 600k insurance payout is down to the player not the club.

It costs £150 per season and is open to PFA members (professional football association players) and usually arranged through the club secretary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024