Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors 18:24 - Feb 25 with 19487 viewsLord_Bony

Emiliano Sala plane crash: Investigators to focus on pilot's licence
The AAIB says in the last 15 minutes, the light aircraft descended sharply four times and fell at around 90mph before crashing.

https://news.sky.com/story/emiliano-sala-report-shows-unseen-pictures-of-underwa

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:50 - Feb 28 with 2872 viewsplasjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:44 - Feb 28 by bluey_the_blue

And by extension, Mckay bears some responsibility.

Given Mckays's self serving interview where he outright lies, you have to assume he knows the sh*t he's in.

These are all technicalities, you signed the player and will have to pay the transfer fee eventually.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 2809 viewsGaryjack

I may have missed something, but when Sala signed for Cardiff (In Cardiff). What arrangements did he make to return to Nantes to say his goodbyes?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 2809 viewsTNT

Did I not read that Warnock has made this flight to Nantes a couple of times?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:15 - Feb 28 with 2790 viewsexhmrc1

If I was to hire A C Jenkins to pick somebody up at the airport I would expect them to do just that and leave which vehicle and driver to them and that is what everyone except you would do. They are the professionals. It sounds like you would want to know who was driving contact the DVLA to see whether they have an appropriate licence then do a full examination of every part of the car and assume you knew everything about mechanics. If you needed to see a consultant about an operation you would check his credentials and want to see his previous work. Totally nonsensical . You rely on the professionals and that is all McKay has done.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:50 - Feb 28 with 2751 viewsGaryjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:11 - Feb 28 by Garyjack

I may have missed something, but when Sala signed for Cardiff (In Cardiff). What arrangements did he make to return to Nantes to say his goodbyes?

Anyone? Bluey?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:53 - Feb 28 with 2741 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:50 - Feb 28 by Garyjack

Anyone? Bluey?

I've no idea on that score I'm afraid.

All I know is that the club arranged a commercial flight back from Nantes which was rejected by the player.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:54 - Feb 28 with 2734 viewspencoedjack

I may have missed something but after 5 pages & a lot of Bassey bull shite .... Are they still craving pity for a player they have yet to pay any money for?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:57 - Feb 28 with 2731 viewsexhmrc1

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:11 - Feb 28 by TNT

Did I not read that Warnock has made this flight to Nantes a couple of times?

yes McKay organised the flights for him to go and watch Sala play. Warnock reckoned he had been in a plane with Ibbotson
Login to get fewer ads

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 22:05 - Feb 28 with 2696 viewsGaryjack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:53 - Feb 28 by bluey_the_blue

All I know is that the club arranged a commercial flight back from Nantes which was rejected by the player.

Interesting. One would have thought he'd use the same arrangements each way?
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 22:11 - Feb 28 with 2668 viewstheloneranger

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:57 - Feb 28 by exhmrc1

yes McKay organised the flights for him to go and watch Sala play. Warnock reckoned he had been in a plane with Ibbotson

I wonder how much Cardiff paid, if Ibbotson was the pilot and didn't have a commercial licence??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 22:16 - Feb 28 with 2655 viewspikeypaul

Cardiff offered to book him on a seat on a regular commercial flight,the offer was declined.

The club did not arrange anything,since others decided he would prefer a private flight at a time he wanted to leave,he did stay a little longer to say goodbye to the players and staff at Nantes.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 22:16 - Feb 28 with 2655 viewsGaryjack

No, they 'said' they 'offered' him a commercial flight, that was apparently rejected by the player.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 22:16 - Feb 28 with 2652 viewsshenleymun

The sight of those disgusting McKay spivs on the TV news almost turned
my stomach. Surely this affair is going to prompt some action to drive these parasites out of football. Mind you, the fact that they make this much money despite being so thick is amazing.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:38 - Feb 28 with 2594 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 20:44 - Feb 28 by bluey_the_blue

And by extension, Mckay bears some responsibility.

Given Mckays's self serving interview where he outright lies, you have to assume he knows the sh*t he's in.

I think this is all irrelevant. Your club should front up and pay the transfer fee. It’s a dishonour to the poor boy to see such unseemly and distasteful wrangling over money when it’s plain he was a Cardiff city player. Shocking stuff

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 23:41 - Feb 28 with 2592 viewsBadlands

Unless Nantes put him on that plane they every right to the full fee. It I then up to Cardiff to recoup that from those who share responsibility for the player's death if the can be proven in a law court.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 07:49 - Mar 1 with 2460 viewstaffpunk

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:54 - Feb 28 by pencoedjack

I may have missed something but after 5 pages & a lot of Bassey bull shite .... Are they still craving pity for a player they have yet to pay any money for?

Minutes silence was enough for me , then like the vast majority I moved on. I didn't know the guy, had never seen him play, never even heard of him tbh. Cardiff I would imagine will eventually cough up the cash, though sadly it looks like it's going to drag on and on.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 08:35 - Mar 1 with 2403 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 21:57 - Feb 28 by exhmrc1

He may well have been.

In the proper conditions as per Ibbotson's licence I'm sure he was ok.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 09:29 - Mar 1 with 2349 viewsexhmrc1

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 08:35 - Mar 1 by bluey_the_blue

He may well have been.

In the proper conditions as per Ibbotson's licence I'm sure he was ok.

we dont know at the moment whether it was pilot error or a mechanical failure. what we do know is the flight time was changed at Sala's request and he wanted it later. It wasn't actually a night time flight it was 7.30pm. This issue regarding a commercial licence is a bit of a red herring. If that was totally followed he would only have been able to fly himself. I suspect the commercial issue would be there to stop people flying passenger planes for Ryan Air or Flybe or the like. I doubt it was meant for a single passenger. It doesnt alter the fact he was qualified to fly these planes and that for some reason yet to established 2 people have sadly lost their lives. It also doesnt affect whether there was a transfer between clubs which appears from Choo and Warnock there had been. It doesnt matter whether Cardiff had actually correctly insured him either. If there was a transfer as your boys claimed then Cardiff need to pay up.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 09:44 - Mar 1 with 2335 viewsLord_Bony

Here's the last few minutes showing The flight path. What we can clearly see here is the last 30 seconds the plane went from almost 4,000 ft asl descending rapidly while banking 180 degrees. It then plunged into the water at 90mph (stalling speed).

Could be one of two things.

1 icing on the wings causing loss of control,they were flying into a snow front or some other defect.

2. Disorientation no visibility.

Looks like he was turning back to Guernsey as he did radio them asking for permission to land (I think I read somewhere,can't be sure).

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 10:31 - Mar 1 with 2290 viewsLeonWasGod

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 09:29 - Mar 1 by exhmrc1

we dont know at the moment whether it was pilot error or a mechanical failure. what we do know is the flight time was changed at Sala's request and he wanted it later. It wasn't actually a night time flight it was 7.30pm. This issue regarding a commercial licence is a bit of a red herring. If that was totally followed he would only have been able to fly himself. I suspect the commercial issue would be there to stop people flying passenger planes for Ryan Air or Flybe or the like. I doubt it was meant for a single passenger. It doesnt alter the fact he was qualified to fly these planes and that for some reason yet to established 2 people have sadly lost their lives. It also doesnt affect whether there was a transfer between clubs which appears from Choo and Warnock there had been. It doesnt matter whether Cardiff had actually correctly insured him either. If there was a transfer as your boys claimed then Cardiff need to pay up.

It's dark at 7.30 pm in January. After twilight is the definition used, so any time after about 6.15pm would have counted as a night flight according to the EASA rules. If he was only qualified to fly Visual Flight Rules certain conditions have to be met. Certain equipment is needed and to carry passengers he needed to have maintained 'currency', that is a minimum number of hours of relevant recent night flying experience.

His licence isn't a red herring. A commercial licence simply means the pilot is allowed to charge for flights. If he didn't have that licence, then cost sharing is allowed if the direct costs of the flight are split & no profit is made (and other criteria met around plane registration, area of operation, etc.). The McKays have just suggested cost sharing didn't occur and therefore this was a commercial flight. The investigation will be all over this.

"It doesnt alter the fact he was qualified to fly these planes". He might not have been legal.

I don't understand the half of this, but this investigation will be all over his status (visual qualified we've been led to believe), how that links to the night element and the poor vis at the time, whether payment was made above Cost Sharing rules, etc.

It's a mess.

"It also doesnt affect whether there was a transfer between clubs ". Agreed, this is a linked but ultimately separate issue. There will be a point at which Sala was legally a Cardiff player. The court shouldn't have any trouble identifying whether that point was reached - there should be ample documents and communication trails. Cardiff certainly had claimed he'd signed a contract with them and then paraded him as their player, so it looks from the outside as though he was their player.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:16 - Mar 1 with 2232 viewsHighjack

Was talking to a friend about this last night who is a pilot for easyJet. He said you can get a night rating by doing a course that lasts about five hours which focuses more on takeoff and landing. There’s hardly any difference flying at night when you’re in the air you just rely on the instruments a bit more.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:22 - Mar 1 with 2227 viewsdobjack2

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 10:31 - Mar 1 by LeonWasGod

It's dark at 7.30 pm in January. After twilight is the definition used, so any time after about 6.15pm would have counted as a night flight according to the EASA rules. If he was only qualified to fly Visual Flight Rules certain conditions have to be met. Certain equipment is needed and to carry passengers he needed to have maintained 'currency', that is a minimum number of hours of relevant recent night flying experience.

His licence isn't a red herring. A commercial licence simply means the pilot is allowed to charge for flights. If he didn't have that licence, then cost sharing is allowed if the direct costs of the flight are split & no profit is made (and other criteria met around plane registration, area of operation, etc.). The McKays have just suggested cost sharing didn't occur and therefore this was a commercial flight. The investigation will be all over this.

"It doesnt alter the fact he was qualified to fly these planes". He might not have been legal.

I don't understand the half of this, but this investigation will be all over his status (visual qualified we've been led to believe), how that links to the night element and the poor vis at the time, whether payment was made above Cost Sharing rules, etc.

It's a mess.

"It also doesnt affect whether there was a transfer between clubs ". Agreed, this is a linked but ultimately separate issue. There will be a point at which Sala was legally a Cardiff player. The court shouldn't have any trouble identifying whether that point was reached - there should be ample documents and communication trails. Cardiff certainly had claimed he'd signed a contract with them and then paraded him as their player, so it looks from the outside as though he was their player.

I’ve suspected this was going to get very nasty from the beginning as ultimately there is a lot of money involved.

I agree that there should be a paper trail to enable a simple decision to be made - are Cardiff contactually obligated to pay the Transfer fee to Nantes.

The side that loses out financially from that decision will no doubt be considering the implications of the legality of the flight etc with their legal advisers to see if there is any way that they can be recompensed for their financial loss.

The human tragedy could well be followed by long and drawn out litigation.
Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:35 - Mar 1 with 2209 viewsMrSwerve

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 11:16 - Mar 1 by Highjack

Was talking to a friend about this last night who is a pilot for easyJet. He said you can get a night rating by doing a course that lasts about five hours which focuses more on takeoff and landing. There’s hardly any difference flying at night when you’re in the air you just rely on the instruments a bit more.

That course is for after you obtain an instrument rating (as far as I’m aware), which is a difficult thing to obtain in itself.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 15:25 - Mar 4 with 1864 viewsMoscowJack

I watched a documentary on flying 'blind' a few months ago, before this sad incident.

They had a qualified pilot, with similar qualifications to the one who's now dead, and put him in a simulator to fly blind for something likes just a few minutes. It was insane how far off-course the pilot was after just a few minutes. They simulated cloud and again simulated darkness, with exactly the same results. Flying 'blind' (or whatever it's called officially) is something pilots need to be extremely well trained for and no risks should be taken.

Someone is personally to blame for this, unfortunately, as it looks like it's pilot error that's the cause. It's going to get very messy.......

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Sala aircrash,a catalogue of errors on 18:47 - Mar 4 with 1695 viewsLoyal

Has an inquest been opened and adjourned ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024