Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds, one huge gamble 07:52 - Feb 26 with 4841 viewsbluenile

Sounds oh so familiar.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6744535/Leeds-sold-fail-win-p

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Leeds, one huge gamble on 08:03 - Feb 26 with 4799 viewssainthelens

Pss myself if they bottled it (again), had enough of them giving it large , thinking it's their right to be in the PL.
Leeds, one huge gamble on 09:29 - Feb 26 with 4643 viewsSgorioFruit

i've heard or read from a few sources that Leeds are heavily depending on promotion this year.
Surely they are the biggest club in the championship now?
As above, I would laugh my socks off if they bottle it.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:26 - Feb 26 with 4501 viewsshandyjack

surely Villa and Stoke need promotion too to avoid FFP, the amount of money they have thrown at this season is disgusting.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:46 - Feb 26 with 4468 viewsLeonWasGod

Leeds, one huge gamble on 09:29 - Feb 26 by SgorioFruit

i've heard or read from a few sources that Leeds are heavily depending on promotion this year.
Surely they are the biggest club in the championship now?
As above, I would laugh my socks off if they bottle it.

Is this all associated with the new owner, as up to 12 months ago they were frugal - one of the lowest wage budgets? Derby have been the big spenders in recent years outside those with parachute payments.
Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:53 - Feb 26 with 4453 viewsjasper_T

Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:26 - Feb 26 by shandyjack

surely Villa and Stoke need promotion too to avoid FFP, the amount of money they have thrown at this season is disgusting.

Stoke will probably be alright for a bit as FFP is based on total losses over 3 years, with years spent in the PL having much bigger allowances. They're allowed to spend further beyond their means than Championship mainstays.
Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:55 - Feb 26 with 4443 viewsjasper_T

From a Villa forum in 2017:

"The £83m figure relates to relegated clubs who have stayed in the league for one season (Aston Villa and Norwich). This is because you can make losses of £35m for each PL season and £13m for each Championship season. FFP is applied over a rolling 3-year period so:

£35m + £35m + £13m = £83m.

If we remain in the Championship for another two seasons, that figure becomes £39m."
Leeds, one huge gamble on 12:09 - Feb 26 with 4408 viewsshandyjack

ah ok interesting reading. not sure i agree with the whole FFP, but when clubs benefit from breaking it ala Bournemouth it becomes frustrating even further

Poll: Expectation for the season

Leeds, one huge gamble on 12:52 - Feb 26 with 4313 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Didn't realise that the Leeds owner also owns Eleven Sports. They've lost the rights to La Liga recently, so maybe in trouble financially? That PL windfall is ever more so important.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds, one huge gamble on 12:52 - Feb 26 with 4313 viewsKGriz16

That article is BS. No source or no quotes. Chairman has been on Twitter today to criticize article.
Leeds, one huge gamble on 19:06 - Feb 26 with 3931 viewsdickythorpe

I'm more concerned with us.
Leeds, one huge gamble on 19:16 - Feb 26 with 3906 viewsBadlands

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/12/leeds-face-financial-difficulty-

If Leeds were financially stable they would have made more than 1 signing in January (back up 'keeper) and tried to get James on the cheap.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leeds, one huge gamble on 20:28 - Feb 26 with 3778 viewsFlashberryjack

Leeds, one huge gamble on 19:06 - Feb 26 by dickythorpe

Yep ! we've got a lot more to worry about.

Although I'd be rather pleased if our owners threatened to sell if we failed to win promotion this season.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Leeds, one huge gamble on 22:07 - Feb 26 with 3635 viewsJacket

Ha ha ha! The silly kunts are gonna fluff it all up again. What a bunch of fakin losers.
Leeds, one huge gamble on 08:19 - Feb 27 with 3345 viewsswanforthemoney

Leeds form since Start of calendar year has been pretty average for a team expecting promotion. Sheffield u have 7 points more than them in those 9 games.
Three of their next four are against top 6 sides. We will know by the end of March if they have blown it, as I hope they do.

I stand in the North Stand

Leeds, one huge gamble on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 3222 viewsLoyal

Leeds, one huge gamble on 19:06 - Feb 26 by dickythorpe

Be nice to know where we are in all this.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:52 - Feb 27 with 3136 viewsBluebird

Leeds, one huge gamble on 08:03 - Feb 26 by sainthelens

Pss myself if they bottled it (again), had enough of them giving it large , thinking it's their right to be in the PL.

Always the same. Horrible club and the fans think they have the right to be in the top6
Leeds, one huge gamble on 20:06 - Feb 27 with 2866 viewsmonmouth

Leeds, one huge gamble on 11:52 - Feb 27 by Bluebird

Always the same. Horrible club and the fans think they have the right to be in the top6

my irony detector just blasted off for Saturn.

Cardiff fan accuses another club of unwarranted arrogance.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024