Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the summer 11:24 - Feb 26 with 1994 viewsshandyjack

Lets just take for instance that all our players are still here. Out of our best X1 that we could start with, what area of the first team can be improved. Or is the team below good enough to comepete if the rest of the squad was improved upon.

Personally the only changes i'd like in that XI would be a new keeper, new R sided midfielder due to Wayne's age and also a new LB as Olsson will probably be still injured and require a big build up of fitness before fit to start.

------------- Mulder-----------------

Roberts-----VDH-----Rodon---------Olsson

-----------Grimes--------Fer--------------

Routledge--------Celina----------James

------------------McBurnie----------------

Poll: Expectation for the season

In the summer on 11:45 - Feb 26 with 1964 viewsDyfnant

Olson’s out of contract in the summer, very unlikely he’ll play for us again

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

In the summer on 11:48 - Feb 26 with 1960 viewsjasper_T

Olsson wasn't good enough even before his injury, and he's out of contract. If he was on affordable wages he might get a pity extension but he's not. We're awful at buying left backs so we'll be stuck with John until a youth player emerges, probably.

We still don't have a real solution to the "McBurnie can't lead the line" issue, so even if every player stays we're in need of a centre forward better than CBR to really get the best out of the squad. Doesn't have to be a world class goalscorer, just someone to run channels, stretch teams, battle a bit and get a toe on crosses.

Dyer comes in for Routledge as a right winger if his age starts to show too much.
In the summer on 12:11 - Feb 26 with 1924 viewsshandyjack

whats the main problem for me is at GK, we had one of the best defences in the league and the POtter started to mess around with the position and i don't trust either of them.

Poll: Expectation for the season

In the summer on 12:16 - Feb 26 with 1913 viewsbuilthjack

It depends on our ambition.
Unless potter is allowed to bring in at least half a dozen then it will be a game of survival.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

In the summer on 12:32 - Feb 26 with 1895 viewsjasper_T

In the summer on 12:16 - Feb 26 by builthjack

It depends on our ambition.
Unless potter is allowed to bring in at least half a dozen then it will be a game of survival.

You think we're going to need half a new team to avoid a relegation battle?
In the summer on 13:01 - Feb 26 with 1834 viewsglanmorjak

In the summer on 12:32 - Feb 26 by jasper_T

You think we're going to need half a new team to avoid a relegation battle?

Jasper,
what have you seen of Jacob Jones in the U18's
In the summer on 13:11 - Feb 26 with 1814 viewspembsjack

Unfortunately, i think we will lose possibly 5 of them this summer.

Roberts
Rodon
James
Olsson
Vdh
In the summer on 13:19 - Feb 26 with 1801 viewsglanmorjak

In the summer on 13:11 - Feb 26 by pembsjack

Unfortunately, i think we will lose possibly 5 of them this summer.

Roberts
Rodon
James
Olsson
Vdh

The likelihood of Roberts, Rodon or James going in the summer depend totally on moving the Ayews and Baston off the wage bill. If they succeed there, wait and see, as that will also decide what sort of kitty Potter will have to bring new players in.

Olsson will no doubt be offered a season after his injury while the club have an option to increase Hoorn's contract, and should there be any real interest in signing him he will go for a reasonable fee.
Login to get fewer ads

In the summer on 13:27 - Feb 26 with 1789 viewsjasper_T

In the summer on 13:01 - Feb 26 by glanmorjak

Jasper,
what have you seen of Jacob Jones in the U18's

Only seen him play a few times. Had a nightmare on his last u23s appearance.

Good crosser at a sprint. Works hard and tries to put himself about despite lacking size and strength (a bit like Connor). Decent prospect, obviously highly-rated at the club. Imagine he'll be hoping to push on and play regularly in the u23s rather than stay in the struggling u18s, but a fit Matt Blake's some way in front of him as a ball-player at the moment.
In the summer on 13:43 - Feb 26 with 1757 viewsglanmorjak

In the summer on 13:27 - Feb 26 by jasper_T

Only seen him play a few times. Had a nightmare on his last u23s appearance.

Good crosser at a sprint. Works hard and tries to put himself about despite lacking size and strength (a bit like Connor). Decent prospect, obviously highly-rated at the club. Imagine he'll be hoping to push on and play regularly in the u23s rather than stay in the struggling u18s, but a fit Matt Blake's some way in front of him as a ball-player at the moment.

As good as Blake is going forward he gives me the impression he needs to lose some weight, and will be interesting to see if he gets a new contract.
Have you heard about the 4/5 players being released from the 16's
In the summer on 15:07 - Feb 26 with 1674 viewsjasper_T

In the summer on 13:43 - Feb 26 by glanmorjak

As good as Blake is going forward he gives me the impression he needs to lose some weight, and will be interesting to see if he gets a new contract.
Have you heard about the 4/5 players being released from the 16's

Yeah, I can see that. He's got the technical talent to work with though, and that's more important than physique at this stage of his development. It's far easier to get a player to drop 5kg than to teach them to see and play a range of passes under pressure, which Blake has shown he can do in recent games. New academy strength and conditioning coach appointed the other day, let's hope he knows his business.

I don't really know much about the academy and players below the first year scholar stage (and even then don't see much of the u18s). More drama?
In the summer on 18:19 - Feb 26 with 1530 viewsOldjack

Anyone on a decent wedge and some who are not will be sold if buyers are forthcoming .We will be raped i'm sure of it .THOSE PRICKS IN CHARGE HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE ABOUT FOOTBALL

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

In the summer on 18:48 - Feb 26 with 1505 viewsBadlands

The team in the OP would do well as they have got to know each other but ... but so will Potter and I expect to see around 15 leaving (that sounds extreme but when 13 could be -
Ayew, Ayew, Baston, Olsson, Fer, Nordfeldt, Narsingh Dyer, CVC, Naughton, Bony, Carroll, Montero maybe not so bad).
Roberts will stay - his form has fallen off dramatically of late
James will stay - to make a point if nothing else but any offer over £8 million should be listened to.
Rodon - not going anywhere even if he has recovered.

Looking back at Potter's resign in Östersunds I would expect 4 - 6 transfers in with a couple or three loans.

Highly likely to go - IMO
Nordfeldt, Celina, Asoro, John and McKay (three maybe wishful thinking.

Players who may try to leave - McBurnie, Byers, Grimes.

Our core would be Mulder, Benda, MvdHoorn, Routeledge, James, Grimes, Byers, Rodon, Roberts, Fulton, Dhanda, (despite my opinion I can also see Asoro, John & McKay staying) King, Cabango, Keston, Lewis and possibly Govea, Reid, Harries, Cooper, Garrick and Biabi being brought through.

We are not going to be promoted this year or next IMO but will in 2021.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

In the summer on 18:52 - Feb 26 with 1500 viewsFlashberryjack

In the summer on 13:19 - Feb 26 by glanmorjak

The likelihood of Roberts, Rodon or James going in the summer depend totally on moving the Ayews and Baston off the wage bill. If they succeed there, wait and see, as that will also decide what sort of kitty Potter will have to bring new players in.

Olsson will no doubt be offered a season after his injury while the club have an option to increase Hoorn's contract, and should there be any real interest in signing him he will go for a reasonable fee.

Potter won't have a kitty for new players.

And any half serious offers for any of our players will be accepted.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

In the summer on 20:03 - Feb 26 with 1435 viewsgiantstoneater

We will lose some of our best players, we will bring players in of what quality who knows, probably the same old targets will be muted once again.
In the summer on 20:47 - Feb 26 with 1395 viewsBadlands

In the summer on 20:03 - Feb 26 by giantstoneater

We will lose some of our best players, we will bring players in of what quality who knows, probably the same old targets will be muted once again.

With Kyle Macauley and no Jenkins I think we'll be seeing some different faces mentioned BUT the players who are most likely to be matched with us will depend on their agents and which players are prepared to travel so far west.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

In the summer on 20:55 - Feb 26 with 1368 viewsFlashberryjack

In the summer on 20:47 - Feb 26 by Badlands

With Kyle Macauley and no Jenkins I think we'll be seeing some different faces mentioned BUT the players who are most likely to be matched with us will depend on their agents and which players are prepared to travel so far west.

Free transfers on low wages, we sure as hell aren't going to spend money, cause we haven't got any.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

In the summer on 21:05 - Feb 26 with 1349 viewsscruffyjack

Our squad will be decimated further this summer, in preparation for our drop in income next season. To compound matters we’ve already dipped into that payment for 2020-2021. What a complete and utter basket case we’ve become, bring on legal action.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024