Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys 14:27 - Feb 26 with 19650 viewsBanosswan

Whilst music to the ears of some on here, it's ridiculous to think that the WRU have considered merging them with the Blues, Scarlets or even disbanding altogether!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Ospreys on 14:30 - Feb 26 with 5244 viewsDarran

Fuçk em.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ospreys on 14:31 - Feb 26 with 5241 viewsBanosswan

Ospreys on 14:30 - Feb 26 by Darran

Fuçk em.

Cünt

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

Ospreys on 14:33 - Feb 26 with 5232 viewsDarran

Ospreys on 14:31 - Feb 26 by Banosswan

Cünt

Indeed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ospreys on 16:01 - Feb 26 with 5146 viewsBarrySwan

Never mind the Ospreys.

It's a little known fact that the Newport Gwent Dragons have never won a game since being created.

Yet £millions are wasted each and every year to keep them going for presumably the enrichment of squad after squad of very poor players and associated coaching staff.
Ospreys on 16:41 - Feb 26 with 5095 viewsdickythorpe

Ospreys on 16:01 - Feb 26 by BarrySwan

Never mind the Ospreys.

It's a little known fact that the Newport Gwent Dragons have never won a game since being created.

Yet £millions are wasted each and every year to keep them going for presumably the enrichment of squad after squad of very poor players and associated coaching staff.

It was ridiculous that 5 regions then 4 were going to be competitive in Europe. Gallant defeats. Glory in defeat.

Two regions please and a stronger structure underneath.
Ospreys on 17:37 - Feb 26 with 5024 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys on 16:41 - Feb 26 by dickythorpe

It was ridiculous that 5 regions then 4 were going to be competitive in Europe. Gallant defeats. Glory in defeat.

Two regions please and a stronger structure underneath.

The two regions may well end up being Cardiff and the Scarlets. I enjoy a game of rugby, but the way its going I think the WRU are going to kill off the game below international level. If there are 2 Regions, then a large proportion of rugby's fan base outside Cardiff and Scarlet ville will be disenfranchised.
All for a stonger Principality Premiership though.
Ospreys on 17:49 - Feb 26 with 4995 viewsGowerjack

Ospreys on 14:30 - Feb 26 by Darran

Fuçk em.

Is of course the correct answer.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Ospreys on 17:52 - Feb 26 with 4998 viewsowainglyndwr

There should be 3 regional teams East Wales which could play at Dragons and Blues grounds shared
Also Weat Wales Ospreys and Scarlets playang at Swansea and Llanelli.
Then Keep RGC with overspill of players going there has a development region.
Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys on 18:49 - Feb 26 with 4938 viewsAndy1300

Ospreys on 16:01 - Feb 26 by BarrySwan

Never mind the Ospreys.

Get your facts right, they beat the Ospreys last Christmas

Number 1 team in Wales

Ospreys on 19:03 - Feb 26 with 4903 viewsdickythorpe

Ospreys on 17:52 - Feb 26 by owainglyndwr

There should be 3 regional teams East Wales which could play at Dragons and Blues grounds shared

That could work. I'm not convinced the best players will sign for a North region unfortunately.
Ospreys on 19:34 - Feb 26 with 4864 viewsBanosswan

Ospreys on 19:03 - Feb 26 by dickythorpe

That could work. I'm not convinced the best players will sign for a North region unfortunately.

Only if all team branding was dropped and they played in colours with no bearing to any existing team. Completely new entities.

Ospreys on 20:17 - Feb 26 with 4801 viewsvetchonian

Ironic really considering the Ospreys were are the only true regional side.....the Blues,Dragons and Scarlets like the defunct Bridgend mob were just rebadged versions of the Cardiff,Newport !llanelli and Bridgend clubs whilst the Ospreys were are true attempt to merge two clubs Swansea and NeTh 3 including Aberavon.....just shows te joke the WRU are

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ospreys on 20:30 - Feb 26 with 4769 viewsJonathans_coat

Ospreys on 20:17 - Feb 26 by vetchonian

Ironic really considering the Ospreys were are the only true regional side.....the Blues,Dragons and Scarlets like the defunct Bridgend mob were just rebadged versions of the Cardiff,Newport !llanelli and Bridgend clubs whilst the Ospreys were are true attempt to merge two clubs Swansea and NeTh 3 including Aberavon.....just shows te joke the WRU are

The WRU have already ruined club rugby in Wales once, and now they want to ruin it again?

Further proof that they only care about the national team, and not one jot for the club, or grassroots game. Why might this be? Could it be because there is no money to be made from it, while the national team is more of a cash cow? Why the hell is a professional sport run by an amateur board anyway? Shambles.
Ospreys on 20:32 - Feb 26 with 4768 viewstheloneranger

Ospreys on 18:49 - Feb 26 by Andy1300

WRU officially changed Newport Gwent Dragons name to Dragons in June 2017.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ospreys on 21:01 - Feb 26 with 4715 viewsAndy1300

Ospreys on 20:32 - Feb 26 by theloneranger

OK, you got me on a technicality

Number 1 team in Wales

Ospreys on 21:13 - Feb 26 with 4695 viewsJonathans_coat

Ospreys on 20:32 - Feb 26 by theloneranger

Indeed. One of the clubs in the league is owned entirely by the national governing body.

Imagine if one of the premier league clubs were owned by the FA.
Ospreys on 21:47 - Feb 26 with 4653 viewstheloneranger

Ospreys on 21:01 - Feb 26 by Andy1300

OK, you got me on a technicality

😂😂 I only found out tonight.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ospreys on 23:35 - Feb 26 with 4565 viewsowainglyndwr

Ospreys on 19:03 - Feb 26 by dickythorpe

They have a fantastic set up there, it is also one of everton's academies
Ospreys on 06:31 - Feb 27 with 4479 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys on 18:49 - Feb 26 by Andy1300

The point he’s making is that our region has won this league a few times, not done by either the blues or the dragons . They are both very close to each other and makes much more sense for them to merge. It’s just the blues only route to any success is to hang on to the Ospreys coattails. F*cking disgrace if that ever happened

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ospreys on 07:21 - Feb 27 with 4454 viewsjack247

Ospreys on 20:30 - Feb 26 by Jonathans_coat

The WRU have already ruined club rugby in Wales once, and now they want to ruin it again?

Further proof that they only care about the national team, and not one jot for the club, or grassroots game. Why might this be? Could it be because there is no money to be made from it, while the national team is more of a cash cow? Why the hell is a professional sport run by an amateur board anyway? Shambles.

It’s probably because very few in Wales care about anything other than the national team. If the 4 regions were getting sell out crowds every week, they’d be much more viable.

It’s sad but the vast majority (me included) only really get into rugby when Wales are playing.
Ospreys on 07:25 - Feb 27 with 4451 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ospreys on 17:52 - Feb 26 by owainglyndwr

No history of rugby union in North Wales. The "regions" are a total misnomer. Everyone knows they are just based on wales' four biggest clubs. Swansea Llanelli Newport And Cardiff. Just call them by the proper names

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ospreys on 07:30 - Feb 27 with 4437 viewsdickythorpe

Ospreys on 23:35 - Feb 26 by owainglyndwr

They have a fantastic set up there, it is also one of everton's academies

How have Everton done in the Heineken cup in recent years?
Ospreys on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 4345 viewsLoyal

This is a great idea, merge all the clubs, give them a new strip, say red as an example and let them play in the millennium stadium. Result.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ospreys on 10:17 - Feb 27 with 4335 viewsunion_jack

Ospreys on 10:08 - Feb 27 by Loyal

This is a great idea, merge all the clubs, give them a new strip, say red as an example and let them play in the millennium stadium. Result.

Let’s call them Whales!
[Post edited 27 Feb 2019 10:17]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Ospreys on 16:12 - Feb 27 with 4203 viewsProfessor

Was a mess up from the start as Llanelli and Cardiff declared themselves too important for a merger.

Essentially there should have been West (Llanelli, Swansea, Neath ), Central (Bridgend, Cardiff, Pontypridd) and Eastern (Newport, Ebbw Vale, Pontypool and Newbridge) regions. Like Munster they could have had a main base (Liberty, Arms Park, Rodney Parade) for Europe and played league games at Stradey, The Gnoll, Sardis Road, Eugene Cross Park etc,). Could have had a 12/14 team semi-pro league below with the feeder clubs, Carmathern, Mid Wales and North Wales teams.

The rest stay as amateurs.

The original plan was Swansea/Llanelli, Neath/Bridgend (The Black Ravens), Cardiff/Pontypridd and Gwent. We ended up with the Warriors and Ospreys as regions and the others as glorified clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024