Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys 14:27 - Feb 26 with 19653 viewsBanosswan

Whilst music to the ears of some on here, it's ridiculous to think that the WRU have considered merging them with the Blues, Scarlets or even disbanding altogether!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:56 - Mar 5 with 2192 viewscymrojack

Ospreys on 15:47 - Mar 5 by Lohengrin

You’re probably a lot like me in missing the old Merit Table days. Regional rugby has been a qualified success if we look just at the results of the National team in the period since its introduction but the damage caused at grass roots level has been immense. The amount of village teams that have folded without the benefit of strong ‘town’ teams in their area has been shocking.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:33]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Ospreys on 16:07 - Mar 5 with 2159 viewsvalleyboy

Ospreys on 14:50 - Mar 5 by Darran

All jokes aside the loss of jobs is going to be dreadful.

Must be down to Brexit as that is the normal excuse

It’s what happens if a business or a team is not supported

They go bust

Not for one minute do I think there will be that much increase in attendances for this new team. As a lot of Swansea people can’t stick Llanelli people and vice versa

There maybe something to learn in what’s happening to the Ospreys that could very well happen to the Swans
Ospreys on 17:15 - Mar 5 with 2103 viewsmajorraglan

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:29]

It’s never going to happen, there is no way the English clubs/structure who are trying to ring fence the top Division of their league are going to allow Swansea to waltz in. Swansea RFC do not have the resources to compete at that level.

A couple of years ago I went to watch a Worcester Warriors premiership match, they are light years ahead of any of the Welsh Club sides and far more akin to our regions.
Ospreys on 17:21 - Mar 5 with 2091 viewstheloneranger

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:29]

Swansea and Cardiff were given the chance in 2000/2001 by the WRU (After the"Rebel Season 1998/99) to join the English Premiership but both clubs never took up the offer.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 17:24]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ospreys on 17:25 - Mar 5 with 2084 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys on 10:59 - Mar 5 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm afraid the Ospreys are basically bankrupt. They have no choice but to merge with the Scarlets even though the Scarlets don't really want it. The Ospreys floated a merger with Cardiff recently but that never got off the ground. The Scarlets would prefer to just swallow up the Ospreys and they hold all the cards in any negotiations.

I heard something similar today re the finances; I was also told there could be some kind of financial inducement for a North Wales Region to be created.

Sad state of affairs if the Ospreys shutdown or merge as it will leave the Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Maesteg and Bridgend areas without their own regional team. The WRU are in my opinion destroying the Premiership and could leave an area which has a rich tradition of producing Welsh internationals without a region. Once something’s gone, it’s going to be very hard to replace.
Ospreys on 17:41 - Mar 5 with 2059 viewsjackharris

What is happening is an absolute disgrace and farce. The pre-regionalisation olden days of the Heineken League, with most of the games being played at 2.30pm with the best players are greatly missed. With the likes of Llanelli v The Whites and Neath v Aberavon crowds were good. I remember one game at St Helens the Whites and the scarlets being sell out of over 22,000 there and a lot of fans had to climb over the gates and fences to get in. Those were the days. This new initiative is taking things one step too far.

The WRU own The Gwent Dragons so moving them to North Wales could be done with less of a destructive impact. Nobody is going to be completely happy. Neath, Swansea, etc have already had to amalgamate, forcing another amalgamation on top of that is a joke. Scarlets fans, Whites fans and the All Black fans are not on the same wavelength. The formation of the Neath-Swansea Ospreys was done quite tactfully, with kit being black, etc. This new formation is a car crash..!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:43 - Mar 5 with 2054 viewscymrojack

Ospreys on 17:21 - Mar 5 by theloneranger

Swansea and Cardiff were given the chance in 2000/2001 by the WRU (After the"Rebel Season 1998/99) to join the English Premiership but both clubs never took up the offer.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 17:24]

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:33]

Ospreys on 17:43 - Mar 5 with 2051 viewsjackharris

Ospreys on 17:25 - Mar 5 by majorraglan

I heard something similar today re the finances; I was also told there could be some kind of financial inducement for a North Wales Region to be created.

Sad state of affairs if the Ospreys shutdown or merge as it will leave the Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Maesteg and Bridgend areas without their own regional team. The WRU are in my opinion destroying the Premiership and could leave an area which has a rich tradition of producing Welsh internationals without a region. Once something’s gone, it’s going to be very hard to replace.

Absolutely those areas you just mentioned produced the major core of the Welsh side that beat England.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys on 17:50 - Mar 5 with 2042 viewsPozuelosSideys

Statement released. Ospreys do NOT want merger. What an utter shambles the WRU are

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/54262

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Ospreys on 18:42 - Mar 5 with 1996 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ospreys on 17:50 - Mar 5 by PozuelosSideys

Statement released. Ospreys do NOT want merger. What an utter shambles the WRU are

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/54262

PRB have just issued a statement that basically calls the Ospreys liars.

They say they have minutes of meetings about the merger and signed heads of terms of the merger thrashed out in a meeting last Friday. Their statement is signed by the other three regions, the independent chairman and the WRU.

What a mess.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ospreys on 18:59 - Mar 5 with 1974 viewsdickythorpe

And Loh, let's not forget the " midweek Floodlight Alliance" league.
Ospreys on 19:05 - Mar 5 with 1961 viewsexhmrc1

I dont know about going bankrupt. The new chairman sold his shares in the swans for over £10 million
Ospreys on 19:08 - Mar 5 with 1953 viewsmonmouth

Moffett and Lewis killed welsh rugby between them. It’s in its medium term death throes. This load of inept shit just puts the boot in. Kill the roots, kill the game, it’s just about when. Still, at least they got a shedload of money and a line to build their cvs eh.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ospreys on 19:15 - Mar 5 with 1931 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ospreys on 19:05 - Mar 5 by exhmrc1

I dont know about going bankrupt. The new chairman sold his shares in the swans for over £10 million

Both the outgoing and incoming chairmen have plenty of money and both have put plenty into the Ospreys.

Neither are willing to continue feeding that particular bottomless pit.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ospreys on 19:24 - Mar 5 with 1910 viewsLandore_Jack

Here's a suggestion for the Ospreys. Ask to join the English Premiership.

#backtojack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 1863 viewscymrojack

Ospreys on 19:24 - Mar 5 by Landore_Jack

Here's a suggestion for the Ospreys. Ask to join the English Premiership.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:34]

Ospreys on 20:26 - Mar 5 with 1820 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys on 17:41 - Mar 5 by jackharris

What is happening is an absolute disgrace and farce. The pre-regionalisation olden days of the Heineken League, with most of the games being played at 2.30pm with the best players are greatly missed. With the likes of Llanelli v The Whites and Neath v Aberavon crowds were good. I remember one game at St Helens the Whites and the scarlets being sell out of over 22,000 there and a lot of fans had to climb over the gates and fences to get in. Those were the days. This new initiative is taking things one step too far.

The WRU own The Gwent Dragons so moving them to North Wales could be done with less of a destructive impact. Nobody is going to be completely happy. Neath, Swansea, etc have already had to amalgamate, forcing another amalgamation on top of that is a joke. Scarlets fans, Whites fans and the All Black fans are not on the same wavelength. The formation of the Neath-Swansea Ospreys was done quite tactfully, with kit being black, etc. This new formation is a car crash..!

I don’t know many Scarlets fans but they’ve got a history of disliking the whites and neath and of course those feelings are reciprocated. I can see support for this new venture falling through the floor which will kill off rugby completely down here.

The Ospreys are Wales most successful regional side. The dragons , the least successful region should have been allowed to die but the WRU bailed them out completely. Why aren’t the Ospreys getting the same treatment. Surely that must be part of a basis for a legal argument against the union? I’d love the whites to find a sugar daddy and join the English league system, f*ck the WRU. This is so cynical and perverse it’s almost sarcastic.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ospreys on 20:33 - Mar 5 with 1802 viewsJonathans_coat

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:03 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

Love to see this, but as previously mentioned probably a non-starter. The WRU provide more than half of the funding for the Ospreys and would naturally pull out if this happened, so without major private backing they would be insolvent.

Also, the WRU will not allow any players to play for Wales unless they play for one of thier regions in the Pro14, meaning there would be zero Wales internationals in the squad.

Thirdly, the English clubs would go ballistic if an outsider was let in to the Prem now when they are squabbling over ring fencing the 12 clubs they have now! IMO the whole welsh pyramid should have been merged with the English Pyramid instead of regional rugby. But the boat has been missed on that regard by at least 15 years!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 20:36]
Ospreys on 20:43 - Mar 5 with 1774 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys on 20:33 - Mar 5 by Jonathans_coat

Love to see this, but as previously mentioned probably a non-starter. The WRU provide more than half of the funding for the Ospreys and would naturally pull out if this happened, so without major private backing they would be insolvent.

Also, the WRU will not allow any players to play for Wales unless they play for one of thier regions in the Pro14, meaning there would be zero Wales internationals in the squad.

Thirdly, the English clubs would go ballistic if an outsider was let in to the Prem now when they are squabbling over ring fencing the 12 clubs they have now! IMO the whole welsh pyramid should have been merged with the English Pyramid instead of regional rugby. But the boat has been missed on that regard by at least 15 years!

They’re talking about North Wales like there’s an untapped market there. Rugby has never been a major concern up there. They wouldn’t even turn out when the scarlets played some games up there. We’re being f*cked over for some prick at the WRU’s vanity project

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:43 - Mar 5 with 1774 viewscymrojack

Ospreys on 20:33 - Mar 5 by Jonathans_coat

Ospreys on 20:51 - Mar 5 with 1751 viewsBrynmill_Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:43 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

The WRU never forgave the whites for 1998/99. It’s a slow execution for Swansea rugby - the only club to have beaten all the major touring teams. What vandalism, iconoclasm at its worst. I think the warnings were there when Glamorgan f*cked St Helens off

Ospreys on 20:56 - Mar 5 with 1746 viewsDarran

It’s a shame all the people concerned about the Ospreys never bothered to go down and support them,perhaps they wouldn’t be so reliant on the WRU them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:10 - Mar 5 with 1726 viewscymrojack

Ospreys on 20:51 - Mar 5 by Brynmill_Jack

The WRU never forgave the whites for 1998/99. It’s a slow execution for Swansea rugby - the only club to have beaten all the major touring teams. What vandalism, iconoclasm at its worst. I think the warnings were there when Glamorgan f*cked St Helens off

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:35]

Ospreys on 21:12 - Mar 5 with 1713 viewsBrynmill_Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:10 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

I’d love that to happen . Not likely to but I’d love it.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:15 - Mar 5 with 1706 viewscymrojack

Ospreys on 21:12 - Mar 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I’d love that to happen . Not likely to but I’d love it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024