Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm 17:03 - Feb 26 with 2904 viewsjasper_T

Both sides have already qualified for the knockouts, so a young Swans side again.

https://live.swanseacity.com/
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 17:33]
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 17:36 - Feb 26 with 2868 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 18:47 - Feb 26 with 2809 viewsjasper_T

You teach players not to give the ball back to the opposition for quick free kicks and throw ins, sure, but if the coach has the ball in his hands he should throw it to the lad waiting instead of dropping it at his feet and making him come get it.

The c*nt.
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 18:52 - Feb 26 with 2797 viewsjasper_T

0-0 at half time. Decent even contest with little goalmouth action.

Oli Cooper looking bright. Some good runs. Cameron Berry's not a winger though imo. Technical central player who isn't going to take a wingback on (also runs with the hunched posture of a kid who spends too much time in front of his computer).

Their 10 is a skilful player. Wonder how much he cost them.

Very dark on the far side of the pitch. It's wonder our players can see Matt Blake out there in this kit.
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 19:55 - Feb 26 with 2699 viewsowainglyndwr

Final score 2 nil away at Wolves
Top of our group well done lads
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 19:56 - Feb 26 with 2691 viewsjasper_T

Finishes 2-0 Swans

A Kilman own goal from a Matt Blake cross, and an excellent one-two in injury time between Cooper and Jones-Thomas sees Oli slot neatly home to secure the first place finish.

Very impressed with MJT. Small lad up against three centre halves, managed to find space and get his body in front time and time again. Only his second start at this level. Promising, especially as a like-for-like swap with Cullen (who found getting gametime last season difficult when we were set up to use stronger centre forwards).

Tom Price and Dan Williams excellent in the latter stages. Nice to see a team tire more than us for a change.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 20:45]
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 21:33 - Feb 26 with 2534 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 21:49 - Feb 26 with 2500 viewsjackrmee

De Boer any mustard en?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 2282 viewsLegend83

Matt Blake put a few decent crosses in but what is with his fitness - he looks about 3 stone over-weight! Or is he just "tonk"?

Who is the RB with the hard to pronounce name? Looked like he was linking up well down the right.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 10:14 - Feb 27 with 2266 viewsLoyal

Is Bonys son still with us or is he too old for the u23 side?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 10:57 - Feb 27 with 2238 viewsBadlands

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 10:05 - Feb 27 by Legend83

Matt Blake put a few decent crosses in but what is with his fitness - he looks about 3 stone over-weight! Or is he just "tonk"?

Who is the RB with the hard to pronounce name? Looked like he was linking up well down the right.

We didn't have any players with hard to pronounce names.

Cabango impressed me.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 11:07 - Feb 27 with 2227 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 10:05 - Feb 27 by Legend83

Tivonge Rushesha. Quiet second half I thought, but looks to be settling in to u23s football nicely. As calm and collected a 16 year old as I've seen in a Swans shirt at this level. With Tyler Reid (hopefully) gone in the summer he's a great prospect to step up and replace him next season.

Matt Blake's got a fat head but his mobility is okay. Knocked it past his man a few times and caught up fine. Lose half a stone and see imo.
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 12:14 - Feb 27 with 2189 viewsglanmorjak

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 11:07 - Feb 27 by jasper_T

Tivonge Rushesha. Quiet second half I thought, but looks to be settling in to u23s football nicely. As calm and collected a 16 year old as I've seen in a Swans shirt at this level. With Tyler Reid (hopefully) gone in the summer he's a great prospect to step up and replace him next season.

Matt Blake's got a fat head but his mobility is okay. Knocked it past his man a few times and caught up fine. Lose half a stone and see imo.

A very nature performance from the 16 year old Tivonge against a Wolves side that consisted of 7 players who had previously played against the Swans earlier in the season at Landore.

According to Toshack there were 9 teenagers in Swans team, 9 players had graduated from the club’s academy while 3 of which are still scholars. No guarantees in football as their development could quite easily fall away, but a great advertisement for our academy.
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 12:33 - Feb 27 with 2171 viewsBlue_Blood

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 12:14 - Feb 27 by glanmorjak

A very nature performance from the 16 year old Tivonge against a Wolves side that consisted of 7 players who had previously played against the Swans earlier in the season at Landore.

According to Toshack there were 9 teenagers in Swans team, 9 players had graduated from the club’s academy while 3 of which are still scholars. No guarantees in football as their development could quite easily fall away, but a great advertisement for our academy.

Screw the academy, sell it and buy Britt Assombolonga!
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 13:15 - Feb 27 with 2139 viewsBadlands

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 11:07 - Feb 27 by jasper_T

I'd like to see Jordan Reid given first team football - why would you want him out?
If we can hold on to Rushesha, Reid, Rreid and Govea (when fit) we will have outstanding fullbacks for a few years to come.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 14:17 - Feb 27 with 2097 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 13:15 - Feb 27 by Badlands

I'd like to see Jordan Reid given first team football - why would you want him out?
If we can hold on to Rushesha, Reid, Rreid and Govea (when fit) we will have outstanding fullbacks for a few years to come.

Neither of the Reid brothers are particularly good footballers. They've gone as far as they have on physicality. Very limited otherwise.

Tyler might make a living in League Two eventually. Too early to write off Jayden but he's not ready for u23s football despite being bigger than most players and having trained with the team for nearly a year. Not a great sign, especially when we have undersized young scholars like Rushesha and Jones-Thomas coming up and looking the part.

Players capable of stepping up to senior football at a good level tend to stand out without a big physical advantage, and if they have one get fast-tracked to men's football much earlier.
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 15:26 - Feb 27 with 2069 viewsMad_Mike

Thoroughly professional and great game management.
Great to see. Some good players coming forward.
U23s vs Wolves (PL Cup) 6pm on 16:32 - Feb 27 with 2032 viewsLegend83

A couple of great saves from Zabret too has to be mentioned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024