Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DOF 19:45 - Feb 26 with 7680 viewsLuther27

I thought the owners in conjunction with the trust would appoint one quickly?

This post has been edited by an administrator
DOF on 22:25 - Feb 27 with 1603 viewsLuther27

DOF on 22:13 - Feb 27 by swancity

Owners who really genuinely care about the club, the team, it’s history and preferably with the real desire to improve it.

That's a nice thought. Unfortunately if you look at football in any league those people are a dying breed...literally. Unless you're a wealthy Arab or Russian owner who buys a club for a hobby then a club like Swansea will never get that luxury.
Majority on here say get the Yanks out....who's going to buy us? I'm not defending the rats at all...as far as I'm concerned they sht on the club big time with false promises from the start resulting in the January window shambles.
DOF on 22:26 - Feb 27 with 1603 viewsDarran

DOF on 22:04 - Feb 27 by whitemountains

What do we need then ?

Someone to close the deals after the management team have identified players they want before the next window closes.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

DOF on 22:28 - Feb 27 with 1600 viewsLuther27

DOF on 22:26 - Feb 27 by Darran

Someone to close the deals after the management team have identified players they want before the next window closes.

Well that's either a DOF, chairman....or Pearlman?
DOF on 22:30 - Feb 27 with 1595 viewsDarran

DOF on 22:28 - Feb 27 by Luther27

Well that's either a DOF, chairman....or Pearlman?

A legal person doesn’t have to be any of them,oh and we need a new club secretary too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

DOF on 22:35 - Feb 27 with 1588 viewsswancity

DOF on 22:25 - Feb 27 by Luther27

That's a nice thought. Unfortunately if you look at football in any league those people are a dying breed...literally. Unless you're a wealthy Arab or Russian owner who buys a club for a hobby then a club like Swansea will never get that luxury.
Majority on here say get the Yanks out....who's going to buy us? I'm not defending the rats at all...as far as I'm concerned they sht on the club big time with false promises from the start resulting in the January window shambles.

Indeed and rewind a bit further ... who sold the club to these “rats”?

The other rats.

The Club is certainly a million miles away from the attractive proposition it was 3/4 years ago..

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

DOF on 22:36 - Feb 27 with 1585 viewsLuther27

DOF on 22:30 - Feb 27 by Darran

A legal person doesn’t have to be any of them,oh and we need a new club secretary too.

Looks like Pearlman will be multi tasking then....doesn't give me the greatest feeling if I'm honest.
DOF on 22:44 - Feb 27 with 1573 viewswaynekerr55

DOF on 22:23 - Feb 27 by whitemountains

Yawn. Same old, same old

You can always put me on ignore if you don't want to read what I say.

At the end of the day if you can't see problems with a pile of debt and un - sellable assets, then that's your prerogative

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

DOF on 22:44 - Feb 27 with 1572 viewsLuther27

DOF on 22:35 - Feb 27 by swancity

The other rats.

The Club is certainly a million miles away from the attractive proposition it was 3/4 years ago..

The only mistake they made was listening to the American statement that they would leave the day to day running of the club to the old board and not interfere. Personally having worked for Americans I would have walked. If I was the original board like a majority on here I would have sold....they gambled..they won the lottery. That subject has been kicked to death on here.

Bottom line is we are a small club. We hit our limit overdraft in the Premiership. The Americans gave financial backing to a point. If they had Stuck to their word things might...might be a bit different today...who knows.
Login to get fewer ads

DOF on 22:45 - Feb 27 with 1571 viewswaynekerr55

DOF on 22:35 - Feb 27 by swancity

The other rats.

Fin.

DOF on 22:46 - Feb 27 with 1569 viewswaynekerr55

DOF on 22:44 - Feb 27 by Luther27

The only mistake they made was listening to the American statement that they would leave the day to day running of the club to the old board and not interfere. Personally having worked for Americans I would have walked. If I was the original board like a majority on here I would have sold....they gambled..they won the lottery. That subject has been kicked to death on here.

Bottom line is we are a small club. We hit our limit overdraft in the Premiership. The Americans gave financial backing to a point. If they had Stuck to their word things might...might be a bit different today...who knows.

This post was brought to you by Jenkins, Dineen and co.

DOF on 22:51 - Feb 27 with 1562 viewsswancity

DOF on 22:44 - Feb 27 by Luther27

“ The only mistake they made “

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

DOF on 22:53 - Feb 27 with 1559 viewsLuther27

DOF on 22:46 - Feb 27 by waynekerr55

This post was brought to you by Jenkins, Dineen and co.

Which one are you?
It's like trying to herd cats on here. Look...please look at the thread title...that's the question I asked.
DOF on 23:01 - Feb 27 with 1549 viewsLuther27

DOF on 22:51 - Feb 27 by swancity

“ The only mistake they made “

Looking forward to your comments once you get past the first five words...it's only taken you five minutes to be fair 🙄
DOF on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 1399 viewsBadlands

Hopefully, Potter to manager which includes operating as DoF and persuade Pearlman to undertake the other duties.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

DOF on 14:45 - Feb 28 with 1393 viewswaynekerr55

DOF on 14:22 - Feb 28 by Badlands

Hopefully, Potter to manager which includes operating as DoF and persuade Pearlman to undertake the other duties.

Great shout, Mr Lands

DOF on 14:54 - Feb 28 with 1384 viewsLuther27

DOF on 14:45 - Feb 28 by waynekerr55

Great shout, Mr Lands

Yep...I'm with that
DOF on 15:16 - Feb 28 with 1371 viewsjasper_T

By his own admission in today's press conference Potter doesn't like dealing with agents and that side of things, though. His focus is on the team day to day, trying to win matches. Not sure he'd be a good fit (especially with most fans thinking he'll be out the door the second another club comes courting).
DOF on 17:38 - Feb 28 with 1308 viewsZaxx

DOF on 21:35 - Feb 27 by bryanwadesquiff

The Manager and his staff have without doubt played football since they could find a pair of togs that fit them...totally agree that the DOF is undermining nonsense.
Going back as far as i can remember watching football...Clough, Paisley, Fagan, Kendall, Dalglish etc (I'd say Tosh but maybe he could have done with one to stop him spending money we didnt have). If someone had told these guys that their clubs were looking at employing someone as a DOF there would have been two words to the board Funk Off!

Cloughie had Peter Taylor.
I know that he wasn't a DOF per se but he must have been the epitome of what's needed by most managers?
DOF on 18:04 - Feb 28 with 1280 viewsLuther27

DOF on 17:38 - Feb 28 by Zaxx

I know that he wasn't a DOF per se but he must have been the epitome of what's needed by most managers?

So Potter wants little to do with agents, contracts etc. It makes him a head coach in effect rather than a manager in the mold of Clough, Dalglish etc who managed their club as a whole.

This is why I started this thread as I'm concerned who is responsible for negotiating new contracts with our current players James, Fer, VDH etc. If they are to leave who's responsible for setting the fees etc. I've seen Kyle Mcaulys name bandied about...but nothing official.
DOF on 19:43 - Feb 28 with 1222 viewsZaxx

DOF on 18:04 - Feb 28 by Luther27

So Potter wants little to do with agents, contracts etc. It makes him a head coach in effect rather than a manager in the mold of Clough, Dalglish etc who managed their club as a whole.

This is why I started this thread as I'm concerned who is responsible for negotiating new contracts with our current players James, Fer, VDH etc. If they are to leave who's responsible for setting the fees etc. I've seen Kyle Mcaulys name bandied about...but nothing official.

Whilst I don't disagree with you entirely, Cloughie was more of a head coach/man manager. In fact he was exactly that, he put round pegs in round holes. But, Peter Taylor was the head of recruitment, the original DOF maybe?
This modern concept of DOF is just a continuation of what was once a partnership, a working agreement surely?
As for us, I have no idea who negotiates contracts these days. I'm just glad that the previous incumbent has departed, hopefully forever!
I would be surprised though if the coaching team throughout the club now have less of an input than they used to have.
DOF on 20:05 - Feb 28 with 1203 viewsDewi1jack

DOF on 17:38 - Feb 28 by Zaxx

Correct.

The tapas waiter has football hooligan

Oh
And our little black book

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

DOF on 23:58 - Feb 28 with 1122 viewsBadlands

DOF on 15:16 - Feb 28 by jasper_T

By his own admission in today's press conference Potter doesn't like dealing with agents and that side of things, though. His focus is on the team day to day, trying to win matches. Not sure he'd be a good fit (especially with most fans thinking he'll be out the door the second another club comes courting).

Given his CEO in Österunds was shadier than slim I can understand why.
Google Daniel Kindberg.

If Potter isn't up for it don't be surprised if we see Landon Donovan in the frame.
But, given the way transfers were dealt with I wouldn't expect to hear much until the announcement is made.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

DOF on 00:16 - Mar 1 with 1105 viewsNeathJack

Whoever is appointed, I hope they are able to deal with outgoing transfers better than the previous incumbent, as that is likely to be a far bigger requirement than any incoming deals this summer.
DOF on 09:23 - Mar 1 with 1003 viewswhitemountains

DOF on 14:22 - Feb 28 by Badlands

He does undertake other duties as it is .
DOF on 10:33 - Mar 1 with 984 viewsLuther27

DOF on 00:16 - Mar 1 by NeathJack

Whoever is appointed, I hope they are able to deal with outgoing transfers better than the previous incumbent, as that is likely to be a far bigger requirement than any incoming deals this summer.

To be fair to the previous ...when other clubs know you're in the sht financial wise there's not a jot of sympathy. We were circled by a pack of piranhas intent on paying the lowest fees possible. That's football for you....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024