Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread 19:13 - Feb 27 with 28526 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 12:52]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:08 - Mar 2 with 2068 viewstreboeth1966

Flip ....so many muppets . They won 2 nil . They are a work in process. Wait till next year when half the team are gone . In Potter we trust
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:16 - Mar 2 with 2011 viewsbryanwadesquiff

We Won 2-0 with our uninspiring football Ha Ha....
Which Drew them into having 2 men sent off....Job Done!
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:17 - Mar 2 with 2005 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 2 by sainthelens

Will someone please say.. well done lads great 3 points. Honestly, some fckn butes on here.

Did you watch the game ? opinions eh!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 2 with 1977 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 15:01 - Mar 2 by MrSwerve

To be honest I remember many last year saying they'd rather be in the Championship than fighting relegation in the PL.

We are where we are, I'm just glad that we haven't fallen further. Playoffs still within reach just about, that's what I'm clinging on to.

Why on earth would you want us to be promoted? We'd be a poor Huddersfield.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 2 with 1955 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:08 - Mar 2 by treboeth1966

Flip ....so many muppets . They won 2 nil . They are a work in process. Wait till next year when half the team are gone . In Potter we trust

This is the sort of performance Potter is putting together with the current squad. Do you trust him to do any better with half the squad gone next year?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 2 with 1961 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:17 - Mar 2 by Flashberryjack

Did you watch the game ? opinions eh!

Was there, and even tho not hugely entertaining we won FFS. Of course there's room for plenty of improvement, but we are where we are. So support the team and stop fckn whinging.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:27 - Mar 2 with 1959 viewsbryanwadesquiff

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:24 - Mar 2 by DafyddHuw

Why on earth would you want us to be promoted? We'd be a poor Huddersfield.

Be fair don't think Mr Swerve was saying that...
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:32 - Mar 2 with 1932 viewsmonmouth

Well, I enjoyed it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:34 - Mar 2 with 1924 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This is the sort of performance Potter is putting together with the current squad. Do you trust him to do any better with half the squad gone next year?

Though I rarely agree with you due in the main to the way you put things, you make a point I’ll respond to.

I said in an earlier post on this thread that we were static. I’d like to see movement of players looking for the ball and these things can be practiced in training with sets of drills. I don’t d=see any of it in our games these days. It’s all very lateral at best.

For that reason, I’d have to question Potter’s training sessions? I’m not in any way advocating his dismissal!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:36 - Mar 2 with 1915 viewsTenbySwan

I was reading a report in this morning 's Sun after the game and they were reporting that Bolton players hadn't been paid last month.

Chairman made a statement that he hoped to sell the club next week. No wages until the deal goes through apparently.

Fair play to the players and the fans that travelled under the circumstances.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 2 with 1897 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 17:57 - Mar 2 by Uxbridge

If they sped it up, it'd be infinitely more effective. The moments we do, they couldn't cope.

It's a learning curve though. Having to relearn after the last few years of dross.

But this is a new team with a lot more vigour not hampered by Premiership survival. Yes we won today...but I have a feeling that goal difference could be vital come the end of the season. I would have expected at least two more against this team today before they went to nine men.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:40 - Mar 2 with 1877 viewsDrGonzo

Played as well as could be expected when they stuck 11 men behind the ball. And then we were patient when they were down to 9 men which is more than can be said for our lackwit fans.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:41 - Mar 2 with 1869 viewstheloneranger

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 18:17 - Mar 2 by TNT

It says clitoris mun.

It takes Allsorts

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 2 with 1858 viewsAndy1300

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 2 by MrSwerve

In a nutshell.

We were lucky to score 2 the way we squandered the ball.

Routledge should have been subbed for Celina at half time

Number 1 team in Wales

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:46 - Mar 2 with 1832 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:34 - Mar 2 by union_jack

Though I rarely agree with you due in the main to the way you put things, you make a point I’ll respond to.

I said in an earlier post on this thread that we were static. I’d like to see movement of players looking for the ball and these things can be practiced in training with sets of drills. I don’t d=see any of it in our games these days. It’s all very lateral at best.

For that reason, I’d have to question Potter’s training sessions? I’m not in any way advocating his dismissal!!!

I'm not suggesting we dismiss him at this time.

I just feel he does not deserve the bizarre praise he is getting from many of our supporters.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:47 - Mar 2 with 1827 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:26 - Mar 2 by sainthelens

Was there, and even tho not hugely entertaining we won FFS. Of course there's room for plenty of improvement, but we are where we are. So support the team and stop fckn whinging.

I do support the team, and if I want to have a whinge about our teams performance, irrespectful of the result... I will do, now you carry on with your happy clapping.

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 2 with 1778 viewsmonmouth

The Ipswich and Rotherham games are still defining our season. 53 points now and the motivation that would bring and it's a whole different ball game. As for not being good enough to go up, well of course not, but if it's managed, go up, don't increase the pay budget much and come down financially secure and ready for a proper shot. I'd kill to go up this season, no matter how spawny, as if we don't this season or next, we can probably forget it for the rest of my lifetime anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 2 with 1760 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:46 - Mar 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I just feel he does not deserve the bizarre praise he is getting from many of our supporters.

Agreed.

I can't believe that we stayed with a back 4 when they went down to 10 and still a back 3 and Grimes really deep when they went down to 9.

Also we must be the only club in the championship who have every player back to defend a corner, even against 10. Why not leave DJ on the half way line then they would have to have 2 back to take care of him?

If we are lucky enough to clear the ball from a corner it just comes straight back in cos nobody is up top, crazy?
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:10 - Mar 2 with 1696 viewsangryjack

Can't understand why we got cracking fast wingers and potter plays with our wingers narrow using our full backs for width and the likes of naughton are not up to it to overlap and give the width we need...the likes of James is wasted in that formation
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:11 - Mar 2 with 1693 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:34 - Mar 2 by union_jack

Totally agree. I made a point of watching people showing for the ball today. We are so static at times it's unbelievable, and it results in our back four and Grimes playing the safe pass too often. Oh for the days when we had players who would play between the lines and be prepared to receive the ball in those positions.

In other news, Routledge was shocking (again) today - and finished it off nicely by failing to beat the keeper with his one on one chance at the end.

Disappointed with Potter's approach once we'd gone 1 up. Why did he bring on Celina to play so deep?

In truth, despite having all the ball we struggled today. If we hadn't taken all 3 points it would have been a shocking performance.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 2 with 1679 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:46 - Mar 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you need to look at what he’s done with the resources and ‘goods’. It’s not a miracle but he’s got them playing neatly and relatively comfortable on the ball which is a trait of ours.

Sure, there are things lacking and I’ve mentioned what I think earlier.

I’m not the most optimistic person in the planet, far from it, but I do try and see the positives and there are plenty on show at the moment. But being a realist, I also see what I believe to be areas in which we need to improve.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:21 - Mar 2 with 1635 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 2 by monmouth

The Ipswich and Rotherham games are still defining our season. 53 points now and the motivation that would bring and it's a whole different ball game. As for not being good enough to go up, well of course not, but if it's managed, go up, don't increase the pay budget much and come down financially secure and ready for a proper shot. I'd kill to go up this season, no matter how spawny, as if we don't this season or next, we can probably forget it for the rest of my lifetime anyway.

Absolutely spot on, the scum are doing the same now, and when they're back in the championship, they'll have an affordable team that will be chasing for promotion.

Unlike ourselves...doom and gloom.

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:23 - Mar 2 with 1625 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:14 - Mar 2 by union_jack

I think you need to look at what he’s done with the resources and ‘goods’. It’s not a miracle but he’s got them playing neatly and relatively comfortable on the ball which is a trait of ours.

Sure, there are things lacking and I’ve mentioned what I think earlier.

I’m not the most optimistic person in the planet, far from it, but I do try and see the positives and there are plenty on show at the moment. But being a realist, I also see what I believe to be areas in which we need to improve.

I do look at what he has done and appreciate it but the trouble is it's all same old same old and no intensity or urgency with us.

Any top team in this division would have put them to the sword today but we made it look really difficult playing against 9 men.

We seem to have only one way of playing and it's so bloody frustrating as a fan.
The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:24 - Mar 2 with 1620 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 19:56 - Mar 2 by skettyparkherbert

Agreed.

I can't believe that we stayed with a back 4 when they went down to 10 and still a back 3 and Grimes really deep when they went down to 9.

Also we must be the only club in the championship who have every player back to defend a corner, even against 10. Why not leave DJ on the half way line then they would have to have 2 back to take care of him?

If we are lucky enough to clear the ball from a corner it just comes straight back in cos nobody is up top, crazy?

And I thought I was the only one.

Hello

The Official Swansea City Vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread on 20:38 - Mar 2 with 1565 viewsBadlands

Having 9 behind the ball is a brick wall defence whether there are 1 on the field or ...9.
Although we lacked urgency I thought they adopted the right tactics.
Calls to shoot with nothing but bodies in front and cross with no place in the centre are redundant.
On one up I think we should have just stroked the ball around inner own half until they lost concentration and then struck.
I still think James is better as an impact sub but today it was about Dyer and Routeldge being considered danger players which led Bolton to see two reds (the straight red I thought was harsh TBH) I'd have preferred to see Asoro or McKAy on in the first half to take a bit of energy out of their defenders legs and bring James on at half time.
McBurnie's penalty was an absolute shocker!
I don't rate CBC but today his presence made a big difference.
Of the starters Grimes, CBs, Nordfedt, Naughton & Dyer played well throughout as did James and McBurnie towards the end of the second half.
Foe once the ref and linesmen got all the decisions right.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024