Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on en...how much do you all drink? 17:42 - Feb 28 with 8982 viewsBrad_Bobbly

So had a few glasses of vino last night and the missus thinks I’ve got a problem

I drink a few glasses of red every night and a good 4-8 beers at weekend.

Maybe I’m in denial but I’ve not got a problem? I don’t pour jack Daniels on me Frosties.

You men enjoy a beer?
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 17:48 - Feb 28 with 4950 viewsMrSwerve

Good thread. I'd say drinking the amount that you do isn't too great to be honest. I think drinking that amount is generally accepted though, wouldn't be surprised if many on here did that.
Personally, I don't drink through the week, but I'll probably drink a bottle of wine to myself on most weekends...I 'save up for it'. I know that this isn't good either. I still think I drink way too much though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 17:54 - Feb 28 with 4936 viewsnantywatcher

Go to the NHS site.
You are undoubtedly drinking at an unhealthy level.
Don't kid yourself that you are not.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 17:59 - Feb 28 with 4929 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:09 - Feb 28 with 4913 viewsLuther27

Red wine for health....whisky to thin the blood...and lager because red wine and whisky make me thirsty 🙄
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:15 - Feb 28 with 4905 viewsdickythorpe

As long as you can hold onto the floor you're in control I'd say.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:19 - Feb 28 with 4895 viewsNogginthenog

As much as possible.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:19 - Feb 28 with 4894 viewsBrynCartwright

I used to drink something alcoholic everyday up until about a year ago, but now restrict myself to the weekends. Giving the liver a rest is a good idea, and I definitely feel better for it, with the added benefit of saving the readies.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:19 - Feb 28 with 4894 viewslifelong

I’ve taken a liking to a drop of brandy in the evening...excellent nightcap.
Login to get fewer ads

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:29 - Feb 28 with 4876 viewsunion_jack

Two pints of shandy since NewYear’s eve, a large glass of wine on NYE and half a shandy on Christmas Eve.

I’m not tee-total as you can see but as close as you can be probably.

Pious? me? 😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:37 - Feb 28 with 4856 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 17:48 - Feb 28 by MrSwerve

Good thread. I'd say drinking the amount that you do isn't too great to be honest. I think drinking that amount is generally accepted though, wouldn't be surprised if many on here did that.
Personally, I don't drink through the week, but I'll probably drink a bottle of wine to myself on most weekends...I 'save up for it'. I know that this isn't good either. I still think I drink way too much though.

Yeah I’m kidding myself really.

I drink every Friday and Saturday. And I drink probably too much on both nights.

I don’t always drink in the week. But of late I’ve been relaxing with wine. Which isn’t good.

Might visit my doc see what he says.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:53 - Feb 28 with 4816 viewsleighton1318

If you can drink to enjoy it, rather than as a prop to everyday life, then you are probably the right side of the line.

Personally (not a recommendation) I tend to drink at weekends and, in the weeek, only on the train home if I have been on a long business trip - something great in kicking back after a long hard day or two in the big city, and the train does free wine (within reason).

Love the taste of wine and a good beer with a passion but I try really hard to control how often. Another rule is ‘at least 16 dry days each month’ (ie more than 1 in 2) which gives the liver a good break. I average about 19 ...
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:10 - Feb 28 with 4787 viewsdickythorpe

The way your work patterns fall can influence when you drink and how much.
I have cut back on a Friday as it used to play havoc with my Saturdays off.
A Sunday slurp can be a bonus and all depends on volume drunk on a Saturday but I have to limit myself and make sure I drink no more after 5-6pm otherwise I would have low energy and mood for work the next day.

As always alcohol affects people so differently. Some have tremendous tolerance.
I can't and don't " session drink' spirits or wine, I prefer pints of ale and good quality lager.
Others hate drinking pints due to how full it makes them ,but can drink gin or vodka and tonics all day!!

Once it stops you from doing things you had planned is when you have to think hard.
If you waste days recovering from the day before then you seriously are drinking too much and possibly going on too late.
It's worked for me to stop drinking by 9pm on a Friday and 10pm on a Saturday.
I refuse to go on "all dayers" now. Who wants to waste the next day?
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:15 - Feb 28 with 4776 viewsCooperman

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:19 - Feb 28 by BrynCartwright

I used to drink something alcoholic everyday up until about a year ago, but now restrict myself to the weekends. Giving the liver a rest is a good idea, and I definitely feel better for it, with the added benefit of saving the readies.

I was the same Bryn. Come home from work and grab a bottle; cook dinner with a bottle; eat dinner with a bottle; glass of wine later in the evening. I then realised that most of this was habitual and trying to break it for the first few days was not as easy as it sounds . Now I generally limit alcohol intake to Friday and Saturday only unless there are exceptional circumstances and I try and keep to this when away with work. I will make exception when flying though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:18 - Feb 28 with 4768 viewsjack2jack

In jack2jack towers we buy one nice bottle of wine per week, that is between the two of us, and usually drunk with our evening meal.
Don't drink beer, larger or spirits etc.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:32 - Feb 28 with 4741 viewsGaryjack

I drink 12 cans of bow every night because i have to get up for work in the morning. When i don't, it's more like 14/15. If you think i'm joking then you're wrong.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:42 - Feb 28 with 4722 viewsN_T_J

2 and half years tee-total. 😁
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:00 - Feb 28 with 4674 viewsAguycalledJack

Only when I watch the swans.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:02 - Feb 28 with 4670 viewsGaryjack

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:42 - Feb 28 by N_T_J

2 and half years tee-total. 😁

Is that a lifestyle choice NTJ? Or on medical grounds. Just curious, as i seem to remember you had a nasty accident a while back?
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:07 - Feb 28 with 4657 viewsnantywatcher

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 18:37 - Feb 28 by Brad_Bobbly

Yeah I’m kidding myself really.

I drink every Friday and Saturday. And I drink probably too much on both nights.

I don’t always drink in the week. But of late I’ve been relaxing with wine. Which isn’t good.

Might visit my doc see what he says.

Your liver does over 500 (FIVE HUNDRED) separate jobs in its day to day functioning - treat it without respect at your peril.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:31 - Feb 28 with 4628 viewsN_T_J

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:02 - Feb 28 by Garyjack

Is that a lifestyle choice NTJ? Or on medical grounds. Just curious, as i seem to remember you had a nasty accident a while back?

Well the night of the accident I was on my way to a stagdo and was very drunk. But I was in hospital 7 months and on leaving I was told I can resume drinking if I wish.. but I have decided not to drink since.

If I'm honest I really don't miss it, I have been to a few weddings and party's since and still had fun without the need of alcohol.. I'm not saying i'll never drink again though.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:42 - Feb 28 with 4596 viewsLeonWasGod

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 19:15 - Feb 28 by Cooperman

I was the same Bryn. Come home from work and grab a bottle; cook dinner with a bottle; eat dinner with a bottle; glass of wine later in the evening. I then realised that most of this was habitual and trying to break it for the first few days was not as easy as it sounds . Now I generally limit alcohol intake to Friday and Saturday only unless there are exceptional circumstances and I try and keep to this when away with work. I will make exception when flying though.

You pilots are all the same
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:52 - Feb 28 with 4573 viewsGaryjack

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:31 - Feb 28 by N_T_J

Well the night of the accident I was on my way to a stagdo and was very drunk. But I was in hospital 7 months and on leaving I was told I can resume drinking if I wish.. but I have decided not to drink since.

If I'm honest I really don't miss it, I have been to a few weddings and party's since and still had fun without the need of alcohol.. I'm not saying i'll never drink again though.

Ooph! I didn't realise it was that bad! Hope you continue with your recovery mate. All the best.
Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:54 - Feb 28 with 4567 viewsGaryjack

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 20:42 - Feb 28 by LeonWasGod

You pilots are all the same

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 21:07 - Feb 28 with 4538 viewscackinthesackjack

I can leave it for a month or 2 and limit myself when I feel i need it. I read Allen Carr's (not that one) easy way to control alcohol and it taught me a lot. The buzz i used to get from booze i now get from going for a run, and If i'm thirsty I'll have a glass of water first.

The also affects my sleep which in turn lowers my energy and mood the next day. Having one glass of wine/beer/single malt and enjoying it is enough for me, anything else is habitual.

Each to their own but i feel far healthier, happier and have more money than I did before.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Come on en...how much do you all drink? on 21:09 - Feb 28 with 4535 viewsbuilthjack

A good session every 2 or 3 months, when I will drink about 15 pints.
Otherwise just the odd one or two about once a week with a takeaway.
Over a year, about 120 - 150 pints. No shorts, maybe the odd glass of wine if out having a meal.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024