Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names 15:25 - Mar 1 with 2865 viewsFraserja

Hi, I am Fraser, a third year student at the Manchester Metropolitan University carrying out my dissertation project on the significance of football stadium names within fan culture. It would be greatly appreciated if you could use the link below to answer a questionnaire, it will only take a couple of minutes. Thanks ever so much for your help.

https://goo.gl/forms/WxYT4NnLBsLV2VDb2
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:04 - Mar 1 with 2810 viewsjackharris

All done for you Fraser. The stadium was to be called the White Rock Stadium after the area it is built in. The Liberty Stadium has stuck because it is quite a classy name, I would hate it having run of the mill like ‘The Tesco Stadium’ or the B &Q Stadium. The Liberty Stadium Sounds good.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:41 - Mar 1 with 2798 viewsBanosswan

Done. It's a contradiction as liberty is obviously a corporate name, but I'd be disappointed if it changed now.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 18:01 - Mar 1 with 2771 viewsLeonWasGod

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:41 - Mar 1 by Banosswan

Done. It's a contradiction as liberty is obviously a corporate name, but I'd be disappointed if it changed now.

Luck of the draw innit. If we were the Tena Men stadium it wouldn't be quite as appealing. Some may say it would be taking the piss

Liberty works though, really well actually.
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 18:02 - Mar 1 with 2771 viewsGixerJack

Done
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 18:05 - Mar 1 with 2766 viewsbuilthjack

Jenkins could give a million back and have it called the Huw Jenkins stadium. You never know.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 18:39 - Mar 1 with 2727 viewssainthelens

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 18:05 - Mar 1 by builthjack

Jenkins could give a million back and have it called the Huw Jenkins stadium. You never know.

Or better still they could name a public convenience after him. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 22:42 - Mar 1 with 2607 viewsChief

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:41 - Mar 1 by Banosswan

We are lucky in that sense. For a corporate one, it isn't a brash ridiculous company name like 'Cherry Red Records Stadium, 'Sports Direct Stadium' or 'Fitness First Stadium'.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 09:13 - Mar 2 with 2488 viewsjacabertawe

Is "White Rock" a name indigenous to Swansea? The Bristol owners of the works concerned were connected with the slave trade:
https://www.historyextra.com/period/georgian/white-rock-copper-works-swansea/
We can do better than that, surely? Why not just "Swansea Stadium"?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 9:17]

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Login to get fewer ads

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 09:22 - Mar 2 with 2477 viewsGlyn1

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 09:13 - Mar 2 by jacabertawe

Is "White Rock" a name indigenous to Swansea? The Bristol owners of the works concerned were connected with the slave trade:
https://www.historyextra.com/period/georgian/white-rock-copper-works-swansea/
We can do better than that, surely? Why not just "Swansea Stadium"?
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 9:17]

Because "Swansea Stadium" would tell us nothing about the city's history. White Rock would help people remember that Swansea once produced half of the copper in the whole world in working conditions that probably resembled a vision of hell. It's a bit of a stretch to associate it with racism - but that's an interesting link.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 09:47 - Mar 2 with 2453 viewsThrasher6

Done...good luck

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 15:25 - Mar 2 with 2354 viewsFraserja

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:04 - Mar 1 by jackharris

All done for you Fraser. The stadium was to be called the White Rock Stadium after the area it is built in. The Liberty Stadium has stuck because it is quite a classy name, I would hate it having run of the mill like ‘The Tesco Stadium’ or the B &Q Stadium. The Liberty Stadium Sounds good.

Thanks, mate.
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 15:27 - Mar 2 with 2353 viewsFraserja

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 09:47 - Mar 2 by Thrasher6

Done...good luck

Thanks!
Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:18 - Mar 2 with 2319 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Completed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:27 - Mar 2 with 2312 viewsBloodyhills

Yes, as it goes the LIberty as a name is not too bad.

Just read it was once called The Katie Phillips Stadium, for one night only.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2019 17:31]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Questionnaire for Swansea fans on the significance of football stadium names on 17:32 - Mar 2 with 2306 viewsJacktheCork

The Morfa Swansea East Stadium sponsored by fark off all you Poshoes from West of the Vetch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024