Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds 00:41 - Mar 3 with 8142 viewsvalleyboy

Nothing at all with Jenkins in stopping James signing for Leeds. Only in that he was told in no uncertain terms that if James was sold to Leeds, Potter was going to walk away

This is making sence in what I have been already told by someone that is related to Dan James

What I don’t understand is that the same person has said that Swansea was not interested in negotiating a new contract with Jsmes before the Leeds episode

Might be different now, but who knows
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 15:05 - Mar 3 with 1796 viewsBadlands

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:07 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

Whether Leeds are potlessas as you say

But do you think that Swansea would have allowed for James to go up to Leeds, to have a medical, to have a shirt printed and were ready to present James as a Leeds player if the groundwork for the transfer had not already been agreed

Something happened to make someone in Swansea change their mind

Whether you believe what I have said is up to you

Yep, Leeds tried to scam us at the last moment.
They called our bluff and we walked.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 18:37 - Mar 3 with 1629 viewsQJumpingJack

I am pretty sure that it is the Chairman or CEO from each club that needs to sign off a transfer.
So it is likely that Jenkins signature was needed to complete the deal.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:38 - Mar 4 with 1434 viewschad

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 15:05 - Mar 3 by Badlands

By tried to scam us do you mean agreed to our request to pay a specific part of the fee upfront then got no reply and got no answer when they tried to contact us. Nor could Dan contact anyone to find out what was going on.

As that is the only detailed description of what went on that I have heard, unless anyone has any more information.

Seems to have Jinx’s fingerprints all over it. Sudden change of mind (possibly influenced by others) not having the ability to deal with it face to face / disregard for those involved. Recall the Laudrup handshake to agree he should stay, Jinx’s self admitted “rethink”. Then sacking by email a couple of hours later. Perhaps Leeds / Dan failed to check their junk mail.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 8:50]
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 08:51 - Mar 4 with 1425 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 18:37 - Mar 3 by QJumpingJack

I am pretty sure that it is the Chairman or CEO from each club that needs to sign off a transfer.
So it is likely that Jenkins signature was needed to complete the deal.

If posters knew in where this information came from. I’m pretty sure they would think again

I’m not going to give a name, but it is someone working at the club and it’s not the toilet cleaner or anyone similar

I’ve PM a certain poster that I’ve known for some time. That used to post on another forum, to ask this person if what I have said is correct
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 09:19 - Mar 4 with 1401 viewschad

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:35 - Mar 3 by majorraglan

We can all guess and have our own thoughts on matters. Did Potter threaten to walk, not sure myself as the club could sue him for breach of contract (and his staff if they walked with him) in the same way that sacked managers sue clubs who’ve dispensed with their services. That’s said, there were rumours that he’d walked on deadline day last summer only to be persuaded to return, so it’s by no means clear cut.

In terms of Cardiff, they have a lot of debt, but it seems to have been managed over the last few seasons and this year in the PL has probably saved their bacon. If they have run the club prudently and not allowed wages to increase to an astronomical level then even if they go down with the parachute payments they should be ok. If they stay up, then that will be a great result for them and no doubt will enable them to clear their debt. That said, I am not interested in Cardiff, I am much more concerned about what’s going on at Swansea.

No idea what went on in Swansea. But in a position where the club desperately does not want to lose another manager, that manager will have a lot of power.

He will also have the ability to speak out in the press if the base tools of his trade are sold from beneath him, in what is already a difficult situation which he has so far tolerated with outward dignity.

There may have been contractual agreements verbal or written about retaining the core of youngsters. If so it would create a constructive dismissal type situation. In that case meaning the Club (if Dan had been loaned) would have breached the contract first, so it could be Potter that had the redress in such a situation.

Broken promises to managers and attempts to circumnavigate contractual agreements are not new to our club
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 09:21 - Mar 4 with 1394 viewsQJumpingJack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 08:51 - Mar 4 by valleyboy

If posters knew in where this information came from. I’m pretty sure they would think again

I’m not going to give a name, but it is someone working at the club and it’s not the toilet cleaner or anyone similar

I’ve PM a certain poster that I’ve known for some time. That used to post on another forum, to ask this person if what I have said is correct

How transfers are completed was a feature on Sky Sports News on transfer deadline.
They did a feature on how transfers are completed and what signatures are need to complete a deal. They were talking about all 92 clubs.
It was on 31st January, 2019.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 09:26 - Mar 4 with 1387 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 15:05 - Mar 3 by Badlands

Where is the link that you say “Leeds tried to scam us”

Or is this something you have made up, as I have spent hours looking for information like that

All I can find is that for some reason no one in Swansea was answering a phone
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 09:27 - Mar 4 with 1383 viewsQJumpingJack

Taken from the Guardian 2015 which all but confirms that Jenkins would sign off transfers:

Swansea City

David Leadbeater, head of recruitment, Tim Henderson, technical recruitment scout, and George Foster, head of European scouting, are the key figures when it comes to the identification of players. Garry Monk, Swansea’s manager, also draws up his own targets. Swansea like to watch potential signings over a long period of time — André Ayew was tracked for two years and likewise Bafetimbi Gomis — and Monk is heavily involved in the final selection process. The names are fed to Huw Jenkins, the chairman, whose total control of negotiations expedites the process. Monk and Jenkins have to be in agreement for a player to be brought in. SJ
Login to get fewer ads

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:03 - Mar 4 with 1334 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 09:27 - Mar 4 by QJumpingJack

Taken from the Guardian 2015 which all but confirms that Jenkins would sign off transfers:

Swansea City

David Leadbeater, head of recruitment, Tim Henderson, technical recruitment scout, and George Foster, head of European scouting, are the key figures when it comes to the identification of players. Garry Monk, Swansea’s manager, also draws up his own targets. Swansea like to watch potential signings over a long period of time — André Ayew was tracked for two years and likewise Bafetimbi Gomis — and Monk is heavily involved in the final selection process. The names are fed to Huw Jenkins, the chairman, whose total control of negotiations expedites the process. Monk and Jenkins have to be in agreement for a player to be brought in. SJ

That was 2015

The negotiations for the loan deal and eventually to sell Dan James was done by Andrea Radrizzani the owner of Leeds and Jason Levien

Jenkins was not even involved

Look at the time table

End of the transfer window was on Thursday night

On the Sunday it was announced that Jenkins had resigned/sacked

I wonder why that sacking happened so quickly

Draw your own conclusions
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:05 - Mar 4 with 1328 viewsQJumpingJack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:03 - Mar 4 by valleyboy

That was 2015

The negotiations for the loan deal and eventually to sell Dan James was done by Andrea Radrizzani the owner of Leeds and Jason Levien

Jenkins was not even involved

Look at the time table

End of the transfer window was on Thursday night

On the Sunday it was announced that Jenkins had resigned/sacked

I wonder why that sacking happened so quickly

Draw your own conclusions

It was Saturday evening not Sunday.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:20 - Mar 4 with 1294 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:05 - Mar 4 by QJumpingJack

It was Saturday evening not Sunday.

It was announced in the press on the Sunday, but I was told about hour and a half after the game it was probably going to happen

I thought then it was just another rumour

7.40 on the 2nd Feb it came out on here
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:02 - Mar 4 with 1235 viewsItchySphincter

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:38 - Mar 4 by chad

By tried to scam us do you mean agreed to our request to pay a specific part of the fee upfront then got no reply and got no answer when they tried to contact us. Nor could Dan contact anyone to find out what was going on.

As that is the only detailed description of what went on that I have heard, unless anyone has any more information.

Seems to have Jinx’s fingerprints all over it. Sudden change of mind (possibly influenced by others) not having the ability to deal with it face to face / disregard for those involved. Recall the Laudrup handshake to agree he should stay, Jinx’s self admitted “rethink”. Then sacking by email a couple of hours later. Perhaps Leeds / Dan failed to check their junk mail.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 8:50]

Crikey Spratty, how did you manage to turn this one in to a Laudrup thread, luv?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:05 - Mar 4 with 1226 viewsWarwickHunt

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 09:27 - Mar 4 by QJumpingJack

Swansea City

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:14 - Mar 4 with 1208 viewsvalleyboy

Swansea City

The part I liked in that article was the bit about “Swansea like to watch potential signings over a long period of time

Then they mentioned A Ayew and Bafetimbi Gomis

No wonder Leadbeater was booted out from Swansea
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:24 - Mar 4 with 1194 viewstheloneranger

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:14 - Mar 4 by valleyboy

The part I liked in that article was the bit about “Swansea like to watch potential signings over a long period of time

Then they mentioned A Ayew and Bafetimbi Gomis

No wonder Leadbeater was booted out from Swansea

It only took them 8 YEARS to boot out Leadbeater!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:31 - Mar 4 with 1049 viewschad

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:02 - Mar 4 by ItchySphincter

Crikey Spratty, how did you manage to turn this one in to a Laudrup thread, luv?

Luv you too huns, but let’s keep it off the internet eh
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:06 - Mar 6 with 787 viewsthornabyswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 08:51 - Mar 4 by valleyboy

Strange how this story was not raised at the press conference earlier.

Maybe this story was started in Aberdare and went no further

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:18 - Mar 6 with 775 viewsmonmouth

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:06 - Mar 6 by thornabyswan

Strange how this story was not raised at the press conference earlier.

Maybe this story was started in Aberdare and went no further

Strange how Potter waited until the last hours to load his revolver too rather than when it was clear James was being sold long before. But of course, that’s exactly what happened. Right at the last minute after James had the medical and signed, Potter demanded he not be allowed to leave and Jenkins said ‘ok’ and turned off his phone. Yes, of course that’s what happened. Course it is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:31 - Mar 6 with 763 viewsthornabyswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:18 - Mar 6 by monmouth

Strange how Potter waited until the last hours to load his revolver too rather than when it was clear James was being sold long before. But of course, that’s exactly what happened. Right at the last minute after James had the medical and signed, Potter demanded he not be allowed to leave and Jenkins said ‘ok’ and turned off his phone. Yes, of course that’s what happened. Course it is.

I was surprised the contract situation with Dan James was not mentioned though.
And has VDH contract extension been triggered or is it still up to the player.
I just can't see any way Fer will be with us next season he will be first out same as Ki last season.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:43 - Mar 6 with 741 viewsTailGunner

Someone close to Dan James, contacts and 80 year old from the valleys, who supports Cardiff and slags the Swans and swans fans at every opportunity.......& Gives him the exclusive...

Nnnuuurse!!!
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:48 - Mar 6 with 731 viewsthornabyswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 16:43 - Mar 6 by TailGunner

Someone close to Dan James, contacts and 80 year old from the valleys, who supports Cardiff and slags the Swans and swans fans at every opportunity.......& Gives him the exclusive...

Nnnuuurse!!!

No it must be right the Eames family from Aberdare are renowned for getting this type of exclusive and are rarely wrong.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2019 16:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024