Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds 00:41 - Mar 3 with 8145 viewsvalleyboy

Nothing at all with Jenkins in stopping James signing for Leeds. Only in that he was told in no uncertain terms that if James was sold to Leeds, Potter was going to walk away

This is making sence in what I have been already told by someone that is related to Dan James

What I don’t understand is that the same person has said that Swansea was not interested in negotiating a new contract with Jsmes before the Leeds episode

Might be different now, but who knows
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 1474 viewsdickythorpe

All rumours. But tremendous theories on here!
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:13 - Mar 3 with 1469 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:52 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

You know that’s not true

The information I had last night, virtually came out from within the club

I can’t say no more as you would know who I was referring to

Remembering as well in what I have been told from a close relative of James

Why do you think Potter came out so enthusiastic about James not going to Leeds then

Don’t tell me that you are still as dull as before as you were in another forum, that you think there will be no fire sale come the end of the season

We will have a better understanding when the financial statement comes out for last year in the next couple of days (if it does come out) what is going to happen

A friend of mine tells me Cardiff still have real debts of £100,000,000. I think you should worry more about that than some black hole you think exists.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:16 - Mar 3 with 1460 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:04 - Mar 3 by QJumpingJack

James via you have given the biggest exclusive of the season.
Potter was ready to walk on transfer deadline day. This is massive if true and puts Potter in a very difficult situation. You must be able see this?

Didn’t you think it was rather strange for Swansea to allow a player to go to another club to have a medical and to arrange personnel terms for himself, then for his present club to stop the transfer in the last minute

I have heard about transfers falling through because a player has failed a medical, but never one like this
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:19 - Mar 3 with 1452 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:16 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

Didn’t you think it was rather strange for Swansea to allow a player to go to another club to have a medical and to arrange personnel terms for himself, then for his present club to stop the transfer in the last minute

I have heard about transfers falling through because a player has failed a medical, but never one like this

As opposed to a transfer falling through because Cardiff could not afford a plane ticket.

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:20 - Mar 3 with 1447 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:13 - Mar 3 by felixstowe_jack

A friend of mine tells me Cardiff still have real debts of £100,000,000. I think you should worry more about that than some black hole you think exists.

Your friend must be as dull as you if you believe that

All you have to do is to look at Cardiffs last financial statement
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:23 - Mar 3 with 1433 viewsQJumpingJack

You are missing the point.
It is in the public domain that Daniel James was in Leeds and the deal collapsed.
It has happened before and it will happen again with other players.

What isn’t in the public domain is your exclusive story that Potter was ready to walk.
Your post is of interest as you named the source - which sounds credible (if true).
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:25 - Mar 3 with 1428 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:20 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

I have that is where I got the figures from
Debt owed to tan £79,000,000
Debt owed to a third party £23,000,000
All lodged with company house.

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:44 - Mar 3 with 1370 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:23 - Mar 3 by QJumpingJack

You are missing the point.
It is in the public domain that Daniel James was in Leeds and the deal collapsed.
It has happened before and it will happen again with other players.

What isn’t in the public domain is your exclusive story that Potter was ready to walk.
Your post is of interest as you named the source - which sounds credible (if true).

If as you say that a deal has fallen through to similar circumstances as what happened to James

Then tell me one that has

I don’t think you know how the system of transfers work

Leeds had been negotiating the proposed transfer of James for months

It is either rejected, never mind in how many times the offer has been improved by the proposed buying club

Or eventually the selling club approves the deal

The player is then allowed to go to talk to the proposed buying club and to discuss terms of employment and of course to have his medical

Normally the deal only falls through if the player fails a medical

Very seldom does a deal fall through under the circumstances I have just written sbout
Login to get fewer ads

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:47 - Mar 3 with 1362 viewsQJumpingJack

You are missing the point. It is not about the transfer.

It is the issue of someone close to James telling you info and then posting it on this thread. You have not confirmed if you have permission to do this? *

*if this is true in the first place.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:47 - Mar 3 with 1360 viewsmahoss

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:25 - Mar 3 by felixstowe_jack

😀👍
They're in denial !
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:49 - Mar 3 with 1350 viewsMuteswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:47 - Mar 3 by mahoss

😀👍
They're in denial !

And in detaff. 😉
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:56 - Mar 3 with 1314 viewsthornabyswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:48 - Mar 3 by QJumpingJack

Not only the club but journos will be looking at this thread and could call Potter directly asking about his potential resignation.

Why because a Cardiff fan who used to be a Swansea fan put a rumour on a forum.

If Potter had to answer everytime a rumour came out he would have no time to manage.

File under made up nonsence.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 12:04]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:00 - Mar 3 with 1304 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:44 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

If as you say that a deal has fallen through to similar circumstances as what happened to James

It is either rejected, never mind in how many times the offer has been improved by the proposed buying club

The player is then allowed to go to talk to the proposed buying club and to discuss terms of employment and of course to have his medical

Very seldom does a deal fall through under the circumstances I have just written sbout

It fell through because Leeds could not afford to pay the loan fee they negotiated.

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:00 - Mar 3 with 1303 viewsvalleyboy

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:25 - Mar 3 by felixstowe_jack

Read the statement on icwales on the 6th July last year, that Tan has converted a further £66.4 million to equity

Now if you could understand the fair play rules that govern football, you would understand that Tan couldn’t convert the whole debt to equity under those rules

Yes there is still debt at Cardiff City but with a big difference. No interest is paid on that debt to Tan

Tell me about someone or a club/business that has debt that no interest is paid on that debt
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:03 - Mar 3 with 1289 viewsGaz_M

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:44 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

Players often travel for medicals without the financial terms between clubs finalised. If a deal is within sight, the selling club will allow them to travel for a medical and finalise personal terms - particularly if time is of the essence as it would be on transfer deadline day.

Your OP is incorrect on so many levels. You either have a very bad source who is lying to you, or you're making it up for some attention. Either way, completely wrong.

Dan James never wanted to leave Swansea but wasn't formally offered a reasonable contract and then Swansea allowed him to travel. Leeds fvcked about with payment terms late on and Jenkins pulled the plug. There's no more to it.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:05 - Mar 3 with 1284 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leroy Fer had medicals with two different clubs on deadline day yetvremains a Swansea City player.

The OP is nonsense.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 12:05]

Poll: Tory leader

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:08 - Mar 3 with 1270 viewsthornabyswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:16 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

No but I think it's rather strange that you used to watch us now you watch them.

What you gonna do if Tan cuts his losses and we find a buyer and start moving forward.

Joseph Eames and his coat of many colours.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:14 - Mar 3 with 1257 viewssainthelens

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 11:20 - Mar 3 by valleyboy

You are Byron and I claim my 5 pounds.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:20 - Mar 3 with 1238 viewschad

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:00 - Mar 3 by felixstowe_jack

It fell through because Leeds could not afford to pay the loan fee they negotiated.

Must have missed this. Do you have a link that confirms this as it seems at odds with what came out of Leeds. Which is that we had asked for part of the payment up front, they agreed with that and then did not hear from us nor were able to contact us.

The fact that Dan was left there in the dark about what was going on and desperately trying to contact the club himself to get the deal completed, seems to at least partially confirm Leeds version of events.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:23 - Mar 3 with 1223 viewsmonmouth

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 10:48 - Mar 3 by QJumpingJack

Not only the club but journos will be looking at this thread and could call Potter directly asking about his potential resignation.

Because someone makes something up on a message board? Seriously?

Laughable.

Edit I see TS had already made the point.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 12:25]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:25 - Mar 3 with 1214 viewsunion_jack

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:05 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

Leroy Fer had medicals with two different clubs on deadline day yetvremains a Swansea City player.

The OP is nonsense.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 12:05]

Oh do keep up Clasie. Isn’t it obvious that Billy Reid said he was leaving if the Fer transfer took place!?

🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:38 - Mar 3 with 1177 viewsthornabyswan

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 12:23 - Mar 3 by monmouth

Because someone makes something up on a message board? Seriously?

Laughable.

Edit I see TS had already made the point.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 12:25]

Saying that with Cardiff plummeting twoards relegation
Wales on Line are probably printing the story as we speak.

Nothing they like better than a bit of Swansea sh1t stirring after another Cardiff defeat

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:35 - Mar 3 with 1079 viewsmajorraglan

We can all guess and have our own thoughts on matters. Did Potter threaten to walk, not sure myself as the club could sue him for breach of contract (and his staff if they walked with him) in the same way that sacked managers sue clubs who’ve dispensed with their services. That’s said, there were rumours that he’d walked on deadline day last summer only to be persuaded to return, so it’s by no means clear cut.

In terms of Cardiff, they have a lot of debt, but it seems to have been managed over the last few seasons and this year in the PL has probably saved their bacon. If they have run the club prudently and not allowed wages to increase to an astronomical level then even if they go down with the parachute payments they should be ok. If they stay up, then that will be a great result for them and no doubt will enable them to clear their debt. That said, I am not interested in Cardiff, I am much more concerned about what’s going on at Swansea.
Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 13:37 - Mar 3 with 1073 viewsjackrmee

Don't know why I wasted the time to read that thread

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 14:01 - Mar 3 with 1029 viewsLoyal

Real reason for Dan James not signing for Leeds on 08:02 - Mar 3 by builthjack

Seems a sencible theory

OP, switch the bulb on mate, and have a think.

Regardless of the reasons why, it would have been Jenkins who stopped it.

Jeez ... 🙄

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024