Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? 19:06 - Mar 3 with 6247 viewsdickythorpe

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 19:41 - Mar 3 with 3955 viewsunion_jack

The question should be ‘will we make the play-offs?” because the answer to you question can only be yes due to the number of games left.🤔

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:03 - Mar 3 with 3899 viewsJack59

The only sure thing is that Potter's best chance of reaching the play offs was this season.
Next year we will have a much weaker squad, we will struggle around the foot of the table, TBH he'll do well to keep us in the Championship.
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:27 - Mar 3 with 3846 viewsskettyparkherbert

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:03 - Mar 3 by Jack59

The only sure thing is that Potter's best chance of reaching the play offs was this season.
Next year we will have a much weaker squad, we will struggle around the foot of the table, TBH he'll do well to keep us in the Championship.

I don't think that Harry Potter could get us into the playoffs let alone Graham.
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:50 - Mar 3 with 3794 viewsDr_Winston

With a fit Fer maybe. We'd have to be a lot more positive than we were yesterday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:56 - Mar 3 with 3764 viewsDippy

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:50 - Mar 3 by Dr_Winston

With a fit Fer maybe. We'd have to be a lot more positive than we were yesterday.

Stop smoking the pipe Winston.. if we do manage it, Potter is Harry after all

Poll: Cooper Out

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:59 - Mar 3 with 3765 viewsSgorioFruit

Exactly
The club wasn’t exactly clear in its goals for this season. Some at the club said this season is all about consolidation. The yanks trying to cash in on dan James proves that wasn’t the case. These vultures we got running our club are here to rinse us dry.
And what kind of ambition is it to start a season by saying “oh we just need to consolidate”.
No no no no, start each season and each game each week with the mentality that we’re ‘gonna get at em’ and take it serious. Regardless of what squad is at our disposal.
None of this tinkering around for four months to try find out what player fits where.
A waste of a season it could be looked at.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 21:00]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 21:14 - Mar 3 with 3727 viewsFlashberryjack

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:59 - Mar 3 by SgorioFruit

Exactly
The club wasn’t exactly clear in its goals for this season. Some at the club said this season is all about consolidation. The yanks trying to cash in on dan James proves that wasn’t the case. These vultures we got running our club are here to rinse us dry.
And what kind of ambition is it to start a season by saying “oh we just need to consolidate”.
No no no no, start each season and each game each week with the mentality that we’re ‘gonna get at em’ and take it serious. Regardless of what squad is at our disposal.
None of this tinkering around for four months to try find out what player fits where.

"Consolidation" my backside.
We're monumentally fooked.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 22:16 - Mar 3 with 3597 viewsChief

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 20:59 - Mar 3 by SgorioFruit

Exactly

Huws goal was to get promoted

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 23:33 - Mar 3 with 3493 viewsLoyal

Potter made it clear we will lose players when he spoke in the week ( to me anyway, correct me if im wrong) and also made it clear he has already gone to work recruiting for the summer. I think given his mindset, ability and awareness of this league and what he has to spend now we have as much chance as anyone else next season.
If he stays, and there's nothing to indicate he won't.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 06:55 - Mar 4 with 3259 viewsKilkennyjack

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 22:16 - Mar 3 by Chief

Huws goal was to get promoted

Another goal was to ignore the long serving Dyer and Routs, plus Narsingh ,and force them out of the club.

Thats an idiotic way to treat people and , of course,it has failed as all 3 are still with us.

Now if we had played them early on with our new and young squad, then who knows the season we might have had.

Not to mention that it was the club who had out these contracts. Players did nothing wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 07:36 - Mar 4 with 3220 viewswestwalesed

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 23:33 - Mar 3 by Loyal

Potter made it clear we will lose players when he spoke in the week ( to me anyway, correct me if im wrong) and also made it clear he has already gone to work recruiting for the summer. I think given his mindset, ability and awareness of this league and what he has to spend now we have as much chance as anyone else next season.
If he stays, and there's nothing to indicate he won't.

There’s nothing to indicate he will leave but who could blame him if he did? The thing I’m clinging onto is that his history at Ostersund clearly shows he likes a monumental project as opposed to an easy fix.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 08:17 - Mar 4 with 3173 viewsvalleyboy

Not even with a fit Fer does the Swans stand a chance of the play offs

Further more I suggest you have a look at the fixtures for the rest of March

More like dropping down the table than going up to the play offs
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 08:40 - Mar 4 with 3148 viewsFireboy2

Nay Nay and thrice Nay

Im just happy to keep GP for a decent period of time as we are going to going through the wringer over the next 2 years with the yanks 'cutting costs'
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 09:05 - Mar 4 with 3124 viewsswancity

I think your exaggerating the Fer influence and ability Jobs

Decent player but it would need Messi to transform this team into promotion challengers. Absolutely no chance whatsoever of making the play offs. They’re doing well to have established a mid table slot to be fair.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 09:19 - Mar 4 with 3100 viewsvalleyboy

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 09:05 - Mar 4 by swancity

I think your exaggerating the Fer influence and ability Jobs

Decent player but it would need Messi to transform this team into promotion challengers. Absolutely no chance whatsoever of making the play offs. They’re doing well to have established a mid table slot to be fair.

Talk about exaggeration

You have just done it yourself

You need a footballer to play for 90 minutes and not just in and out of a game

How could anyone say that Fer is a decent player, when he is one of the laziest footballers in the Football League
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 09:20 - Mar 4 with 3100 viewsswan65split

we could , but we wont
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 13:30 - Mar 4 with 2976 viewsjazzswan

YES of course we can !! Assuming we Win the next 3 away games of course at Norwich, WBA and Forest - that would put us in with a shout!!
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 13:46 - Mar 4 with 2947 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Not a hope in hell.

Squad isn’t good enough. We only play in one way and the opponents are already working us out. Our defence is poor and Potter isn’t pragmatic enough to win the big games away from home.

We will finish around 12th.
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 14:25 - Mar 4 with 2905 viewsBadlands

Is it just with the passing of time but I remember the standard of football of all but the bottom 6 -8 teams, being vastly superior to the season.
We won't get a play off place and we aren't ready for promotion - next season or 20-21 will be.
2018 - 19 was always going to be a tradition season, Potter will stay and get promotion unless some idiot sacks him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 14:47 - Mar 4 with 2882 viewsGlyn1

Stoke's strategy to get promoted was by spending big money reinforcing their squad. West Brom's plan was to keep their Premier League players, probably on the same wages. Stoke have failed. West Brom will be in the play-offs but won't be favourites.

I'm happy with our season so far. We're regrouping, Potter now knows the players and we should be one of the favourites next season.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 17:13]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 14:50 - Mar 4 with 2876 viewsJoe_bradshaw

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 14:47 - Mar 4 by Glyn1

Stoke's strategy to get promoted was by spending big money reinforcing their squad. West Brom's plan was to keep their Premier League players, probably on the same wages. Stoke have failed. West Brom will be in the play-offs but won't be favourites.

I'm happy with our season so far. We're regrouping, Potter now knows the players and we should be one of the favourites next season.

We may be one of the favourites but only if we don't have a policy of selling the young players who have done so well this season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 14:53 - Mar 4 with 2873 viewsLeonWasGod

I think that depends on the summer. If the last transfer window is anything to go by, there's a good chance we could be weaker next season.

Who knows. Maybe if they can stabilise the books we can afford to keep this team together and maybe even add to it. We did pay £4m for Celina after all, which is biggish money in this division. If I remember rightly from some of those Swiss Ramble threads, teams that try to balance the books and minimise owner investment in this league tend not to do very well on the pitch though. It;'s a massive ask to run a team in this division solely from income.
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 16:18 - Mar 4 with 2793 viewsA_Fans_Dad

You seem to be forgetting that there will 3 Premiership teams coming down plus other teams will not be standing still.
So being favourites is very unlikely.
12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 16:39 - Mar 4 with 2765 viewsBadlands

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 16:18 - Mar 4 by A_Fans_Dad

You seem to be forgetting that there will 3 Premiership teams coming down plus other teams will not be standing still.

I can't see Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham making a big impression in the Championship next season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 17:16 - Mar 4 with 2716 viewsGlyn1

12 games to go. Can we make play offs? on 16:18 - Mar 4 by A_Fans_Dad

The three Premiership teams coming down will be Huddersfield, Fulham and either Cardiff or Southampton, none of who will scare us.

You're right about other teams not standing still of course, but we should probably finish higher next season than this season.

Anyway, to answer the original question, to squeeze into the play-offs this season we would probably need to get to 70 points - i.e. 23 points from the last 12 games (7 wins, 2 draws, only 3 defeats) - and hope that some of the teams above us collapse badly, and I can't see either happening myself.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 17:23]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024