Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now 16:13 - Mar 5 with 2902 viewsBrad_Bobbly

I spent my youth and young adulthood growing up in Mount Pleasant. I had lots of friends who lived near Walters Road and St Helens Road too.

Used to drink at Bar Oz (the White Rose) and The Tenby (rough as hell but a good pub).

Today I went for walk around Mount Pleasant and the roads I’ve just mentioned for old times sake. The place is a depressing dive. Rubbish everywhere. Boarded up pubs. Graffiti. Smashed windows.

What the hell has happened to central Swansea?
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 16:39 - Mar 5 with 2010 viewsraynor94

Students

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 17:13 - Mar 5 with 1973 viewstheloneranger

Buy to Let landlords who don't care a fvck about the area or the people who own houses and live there!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 17:46 - Mar 5 with 1944 viewssainthelens

Immigrants and students
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 20:08 - Mar 5 with 1850 viewsjack_lord

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 17:46 - Mar 5 by sainthelens

Immigrants and students

A lot of Landlords just want the money and don't care much about the surroundings. There are good and bad. The houses will be cash cows and end up being sold for less than a similar well kept unit.
As students get offered better accommodation by the universities, local houses may get bought up and restored. I looked at a potentially fantastic house in Eaton crescent last week but it went under offer. There are some superb homes in the Uplands, Brynmill and Mount Pleasant and hopefully they will get restored to former glory.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 20:08 - Mar 5 with 1850 viewsbonymine

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 17:46 - Mar 5 by sainthelens

Immigrants and students

Totally mate I am Sandfields born and bred with it’s ‘doors and windows open wide’ and also lived on Constitution Hill and went to Terrace Road school for a while but these days there’s no Community spirit at all in these areas with the immigration etc, I remember the 1977 Jubilee and all the streets in the Sandfields were closed and the kerbs painted red, white and blue 100% total patriotism can you imagine now if that happened !!!

Sad,sad times unfortunately I do despair for my future grandchildren (I hope) who will NEVER know the total freedom I had as a kid and the community spirit we all enjoyed right next to the Vetch Field .....Happy Days indeed 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 23:10 - Mar 5 with 1763 viewsWxmJax

I have it on good authority that some of the greatest people Swansea has produced were born in Mount Pleasant hospital

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 06:08 - Mar 6 with 1663 viewsossie_jacks

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 23:10 - Mar 5 by WxmJax

I have it on good authority that some of the greatest people Swansea has produced were born in Mount Pleasant hospital

totally agree mate march the 11th 1967 to be precise
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 07:40 - Mar 6 with 1592 viewsJango

Immigrants and students

But ‘on average’ immigrants put more into the system than they take out so nothing else matters to some.
Login to get fewer ads

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 08:13 - Mar 6 with 1563 viewssainthelens

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 07:40 - Mar 6 by Jango

But ‘on average’ immigrants put more into the system than they take out so nothing else matters to some.

That wasn't the question the OP asked was it? Truth is even if you think they put more into the system, they are still untidy, dirty residents.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 08:37 - Mar 6 with 1535 viewsWxmJax

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 06:08 - Mar 6 by ossie_jacks

totally agree mate march the 11th 1967 to be precise

Not only did they close the hospital where I was born, they knocked the house down where I lived on Prince of Wales Road to make another road. Couldn't break the mould though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 08:39 - Mar 6 with 1532 viewsraynor94

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 07:40 - Mar 6 by Jango

What they put into the system is rubbish, take a stroll along a Page street, Nicholl street and St Helens road, turned into ghettos

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 08:39 - Mar 6 with 1532 viewsepaul

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 23:10 - Mar 5 by WxmJax

on the money there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 08:45 - Mar 6 with 1530 viewsepaul

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 20:08 - Mar 5 by bonymine

Totally mate I am Sandfields born and bred with it’s ‘doors and windows open wide’ and also lived on Constitution Hill and went to Terrace Road school for a while but these days there’s no Community spirit at all in these areas with the immigration etc, I remember the 1977 Jubilee and all the streets in the Sandfields were closed and the kerbs painted red, white and blue 100% total patriotism can you imagine now if that happened !!!

Sad,sad times unfortunately I do despair for my future grandchildren (I hope) who will NEVER know the total freedom I had as a kid and the community spirit we all enjoyed right next to the Vetch Field .....Happy Days indeed 👍

Time moves on we have to accept that, I don't doubt that our parents felt the same and their parents and so on about how area's have changed, pointless dwelling on it, remenisce and bremember fondly no doubt our kids one day will say they same about where they were brought up.
For me being brought up in Bryhyfryd, were glorious days and will never be the same, as for the sandfields, loved it when my dad lived there, we'd come home for the weekend and a night out around there late 90's was superb, Bond St club, Robin Hood, Tredegar, etc etc, will never be beaten

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 09:38 - Mar 6 with 1480 viewsJango

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 08:13 - Mar 6 by sainthelens

That wasn't the question the OP asked was it? Truth is even if you think they put more into the system, they are still untidy, dirty residents.

I was being sarcastic mate. I totally agree with you. Others on here will be along to make that argument tho.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 09:45 - Mar 6 with 1472 viewsthe_oracle

That would be EU immigrants putting more in. The ones we've voted to stop coming.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 09:56 - Mar 6 with 1462 viewsJango

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 09:45 - Mar 6 by the_oracle

That would be EU immigrants putting more in. The ones we've voted to stop coming.

‘On average’
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:14 - Mar 6 with 1443 viewsNeath_Jack

Has all the makings of another classic PS thread this.

Oh Tommy Tommy etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:28 - Mar 6 with 1417 viewssainthelens

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 09:38 - Mar 6 by Jango

I was being sarcastic mate. I totally agree with you. Others on here will be along to make that argument tho.

No worries pal, should try walking down st.helens road on a Sunday morning! Extraordinary experience.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:36 - Mar 6 with 1408 viewsHighjack

My mate has just come back to South Wales for the first time after living in London for ten years, we went into town for a few drinks and he was utterly bewildered at how much Swansea had changed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:47 - Mar 6 with 1395 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tories and Austerity.
Anyone thanks immigrants and students are to blame are in cloud cuckoo land.
Our University is the only shining light we have left in this City. It doesn't stop the students being mightily ripped off. Paying huge bonds up front then extras for using over a minimal amount of fuel. I hope the University expands and we see more of them.
Immigrants are needed to help out our failing underfunded public services.
Make no mistake Tories and austerity decimating Public Services and creating a low wage economy are to blame.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 11:09 - Mar 6 with 1376 viewsraynor94

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:47 - Mar 6 by Private_Partz

Tories and Austerity.
Anyone thanks immigrants and students are to blame are in cloud cuckoo land.
Our University is the only shining light we have left in this City. It doesn't stop the students being mightily ripped off. Paying huge bonds up front then extras for using over a minimal amount of fuel. I hope the University expands and we see more of them.
Immigrants are needed to help out our failing underfunded public services.
Make no mistake Tories and austerity decimating Public Services and creating a low wage economy are to blame.

Aye let's the blame the Tories, for the squalor and anti social behaviour Students leave behind.

Take a stroll through Brynmill, Mount Pleasant or St Helens, it's a disgrace, oh and they have a subsidized 24 hour bus service, poor little souls!

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 11:28 - Mar 6 with 1363 viewsLeonWasGod

Let's be frank, it's a sh*thole. Prompted by this thread I actually paid attention on my bus journey this morning - out from the Liberty, past the station, down the Kingsway and into the bus station. It's a dump. Nobody's looking after the buildings, just being left to rot. Boarded up shop fronts everywhere.

This post was sponsored by pErCh.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 11:42 - Mar 6 with 1347 viewschad

Ah yes my 2 oldest were born there before it closed. The Mountain Dew used for wetting the babies head purposes I believe.

At a similar time I understand our other famous son Ramzi Yousef was enrolling at the Institute, to study masterminding bombing the World Trade Centre 101.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 16:10 - Mar 6 with 1237 viewsjack2jack

Here's how it used to be, make up your own mind, as to whether you think it's better or worse!
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 16:17 - Mar 6 with 1230 viewslondonlisa2001

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:14 - Mar 6 by Neath_Jack

Has all the makings of another classic PS thread this.

Oh Tommy Tommy etc.

Astonishing the correlation between people’s comments in this thread, the Tommy Robinson thread and the Brexit thread. Not that anyone voted leave on the basis of immigration though of course - it’s a complete coincidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024