Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now 16:13 - Mar 5 with 2894 viewsBrad_Bobbly

I spent my youth and young adulthood growing up in Mount Pleasant. I had lots of friends who lived near Walters Road and St Helens Road too.

Used to drink at Bar Oz (the White Rose) and The Tenby (rough as hell but a good pub).

Today I went for walk around Mount Pleasant and the roads I’ve just mentioned for old times sake. The place is a depressing dive. Rubbish everywhere. Boarded up pubs. Graffiti. Smashed windows.

What the hell has happened to central Swansea?
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 16:33 - Mar 6 with 862 viewsHighjack

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 11:28 - Mar 6 by LeonWasGod

Let's be frank, it's a sh*thole. Prompted by this thread I actually paid attention on my bus journey this morning - out from the Liberty, past the station, down the Kingsway and into the bus station. It's a dump. Nobody's looking after the buildings, just being left to rot. Boarded up shop fronts everywhere.

This post was sponsored by pErCh.

Yeah it’s been a while since I caught the train in but did for the Brentford game so I could have a few pints. That street from the train station down to Wind Street is pretty much derelict with everything boarded up. It’s the first thing many people see when they come to Swansea. It is an utter shit hole.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 16:44 - Mar 6 with 843 viewsjackal

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 10:36 - Mar 6 by Highjack

My mate has just come back to South Wales for the first time after living in London for ten years, we went into town for a few drinks and he was utterly bewildered at how much Swansea had changed.

Not for the better.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 18:09 - Mar 6 with 793 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 23:10 - Mar 5 by WxmJax

I have it on good authority that some of the greatest people Swansea has produced were born in Mount Pleasant hospital

That is undoubtedly right.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 18:47 - Mar 6 with 759 viewsJango

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 16:17 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

Astonishing the correlation between people’s comments in this thread, the Tommy Robinson thread and the Brexit thread. Not that anyone voted leave on the basis of immigration though of course - it’s a complete coincidence.

Immigration and the free movement of people is one of the major reasons for people voting to leave so not sure what you’re getting at there.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 18:58 - Mar 6 with 742 viewscontroversial_jack

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 07:40 - Mar 6 by Jango

But ‘on average’ immigrants put more into the system than they take out so nothing else matters to some.

Shhhh, enough with the reality please, it won't suit the agendas of some
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 19:16 - Mar 6 with 725 viewsGowerjack

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 18:47 - Mar 6 by Jango

Immigration and the free movement of people is one of the major reasons for people voting to leave so not sure what you’re getting at there.

"Immigration and the free movement of people is one of the major reasons for easily led people voting to leave so not sure what you’re getting at there."

There you go mate.

I've fixed that for you...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 19:22 - Mar 6 with 714 viewslondonlisa2001

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 18:47 - Mar 6 by Jango

Most people on the Brexit thread have said that their leave vote is nothing to do with not liking immigrants. All about far more esoteric matters than that don’t you know...
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 20:27 - Mar 6 with 658 viewsJango

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 19:22 - Mar 6 by londonlisa2001

Most people on the Brexit thread have said that their leave vote is nothing to do with not liking immigrants. All about far more esoteric matters than that don’t you know...

Who’s the most you talk about then? Immigration was a big factor.
Login to get fewer ads

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 20:28 - Mar 6 with 654 viewsJango

Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 19:16 - Mar 6 by Gowerjack

"Immigration and the free movement of people is one of the major reasons for easily led people voting to leave so not sure what you’re getting at there."

There you go mate.

I've fixed that for you...

Easy for the people that are not affected by it to keep insulting those that are. Ignorant if you like.
Mount Pleasant & Surrounding Areas are so depressing now on 22:15 - Mar 6 with 618 viewsFieryJack

There was garbage all over the place when I lived up Townhill 20 years ago.

Strangely, there were no students or immigrants living there at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024