Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Finances 20:54 - Mar 5 with 6985 viewsploppy

I've read two stories today about clubs losing money. Wolves lost £1m a week during their promotion season
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47453599
and Derby County's owner is allegedly losing £3m a month
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6770519/Derby-County-sale-car

Bonkers.
Football Finances on 22:47 - Mar 6 with 1669 viewsLandore_Jack

Football Finances on 18:12 - Mar 6 by PozuelosSideys

Aye, but the proof is in the pudding though. They have already provided bridging loans (as MM did in the past) and they have stripped out as much cost as possible so far (and i dont appreciate all our players being hawked out either, but thats the situation we find ourselves in). So book balancing basically.

On the flip side we haveHJ and his cohorts banging on with a PR exercise to all and sundry, whilst big chunks of fanbase lap that up and blame the Trust. Lets be clear here, it was the prvious administration who put us in this situation. Not the Yanks, not the Trust.

All the whileour fans our moaning that we are paying Rooneys wages and the owners are engaged in some covert exercises in siphoning case out of the club. Its a mess.

DO NOT LET HJ AND HIS MATES OFF THE HOOK!

Where's the proof? The Trust do not see a breakdown of the finances. The Yanks are far from innocent and are partly to blame.

#backtojack

Football Finances on 15:35 - Mar 7 with 1592 viewsPozuelosSideys

Football Finances on 22:10 - Mar 6 by Loyal

But as I said nobody knows if they are balancing the books or not.
I don't take the words of people with questionnable integrity.
Proof required.

Sorry, yes, thats what i meant - should have been clearer.

The proof will be in the pudding when the numbers are delivered (im assuming they will be. Innocent until proven guilty in my eyes. There are plenty of people on here who will go through the P&L and be able to provide us with fairly substantial insights.

But lets not forget who has pocketed big wads of cash in all this and still dine at the top table - HJ and Co.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Football Finances on 15:43 - Mar 7 with 1585 viewswaynekerr55

Football Finances on 15:35 - Mar 7 by PozuelosSideys

Sorry, yes, thats what i meant - should have been clearer.

The proof will be in the pudding when the numbers are delivered (im assuming they will be. Innocent until proven guilty in my eyes. There are plenty of people on here who will go through the P&L and be able to provide us with fairly substantial insights.

But lets not forget who has pocketed big wads of cash in all this and still dine at the top table - HJ and Co.

Correct. Let's get this in court and we'll see the truth

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Football Finances on 16:09 - Mar 7 with 1565 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Football Finances on 07:40 - Mar 6 by trinityann

Why can't football clubs bank £20 million premier league money every season and adjust the budget accordingly. If you can't afford a player, move on to a budget where players are willing to join your club. When your buying players, you should not be spreading payments over 4 or 5 years. If you can't afford the transfer with cash straight away, you can't afford the transfer. Look at Ajax team last night and how many come through the youth system, football is not all about spending your way out of trouble.

There are better housewives out there running the household bills that will do a better job at running a football club.

Some great points

That’s too simple an option surely ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Football Finances on 17:27 - Mar 7 with 1519 viewsPozuelosSideys

Football Finances on 16:09 - Mar 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Some great points

That’s too simple an option surely ?

Because most of the fans will be screaming "wheres the money gone"? and coming up with rubbish about underhand dealings within the club.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Football Finances on 17:29 - Mar 7 with 1516 viewsjasper_T

Bolton players will walk if they're not paid by 5pm tomorrow, supposedly.
Football Finances on 18:37 - Mar 7 with 1490 viewsploppy

Football Finances on 17:29 - Mar 7 by jasper_T

Bolton players will walk if they're not paid by 5pm tomorrow, supposedly.

If Bolton can't fulfil their remaining fixtures, do we lose the points we gained against them? That would be a shame.
Football Finances on 18:38 - Mar 7 with 1485 viewsploppy

Presumably, the answer to the unsustainable business of football is for the players to take big pay cuts?
Login to get fewer ads

Football Finances on 18:38 - Mar 7 with 1485 viewsjasper_T

I think they actually have to wait until next week to legally walk away, but have promised "consequences" if they're not paid tomorrow.
Football Finances on 20:23 - Mar 7 with 1450 viewsDr_Winston

Football Finances on 18:38 - Mar 7 by ploppy

Presumably, the answer to the unsustainable business of football is for the players to take big pay cuts?

The answer is for clubs to stop offering the big wages. If players are offered stupid money they'll accept it.

Clubs won't stop offering big wages, fans will still continue demanding that their clubs will show "ambition", and players will keep accepting the money that they're offered.

Although by my reckoning the financial implosion of football has been predicted for at least twenty years, yet clubs keep overspending, taking the hit, being taken over and things just keep going on as normal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Football Finances on 20:40 - Mar 8 with 1311 viewsDr_Winston

Football Finances on 09:25 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

Because fans will bitch and moan about their clubs and owners not showing enough "ambition"?

Supporters bear a fair portion of the blame when it comes to clubs overspending and getting themselves in the shit. You never hear about them complaining that clubs are spending too much. Only too little.

Prime example.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024