Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outrage! 13:34 - Mar 6 with 3896 viewsHighjack

People are outraged as black actor cast to act in a film isn’t black enough to play another black man who has slightly darker skin in real life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47468011

This follows on from that bisexual girl who wasn’t lesbian enough to play Wonder Woman.

When the f*ck will all this madness end?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Outrage! on 14:06 - Mar 6 with 3013 viewshobo

Should have given it to Johnny Depp to really give them something to moan about
Outrage! on 14:16 - Mar 6 with 3004 viewsHighjack

Outrage! on 14:06 - Mar 6 by hobo

Should have given it to Johnny Depp to really give them something to moan about

“Sorry Mr Kingsley we know you’re a great actor and could potentially win an Oscar for your portrayal of Gandhi but I’m afraid you’re not Indian enough and lack the real life experience of being a frail nappy wearing revolutionary leader so f*ck off please”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Outrage! on 14:27 - Mar 6 with 2991 viewsrockinjk

The outrage over the outrage, is always worse.

I just ignore the silly nonsense and get on with my life.

It's like when 10 silly left wing students do some weird protest about some old Army Colonel or something, you'll get thousands spitting into their cereal reading daily mail ranting about the young.

Snowflakes to the left of me, snowflakes to the right here I am not giving a fck
Outrage! on 14:39 - Mar 6 with 2971 viewsFlashberryjack

Outrage! on 14:27 - Mar 6 by rockinjk

It's like when 10 silly left wing students do some weird protest about some old Army Colonel or something, you'll get thousands spitting into their cereal reading daily mail ranting about the young.

Snowflakes to the left of me, snowflakes to the right here I am not giving a fck

You are correct of course...the problem is that these idiots that are outraged by some of the daftest things imaginable eventually get through to the PC brigade and then it is taken seriously.

ME TOO

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Outrage! on 14:50 - Mar 6 with 2957 viewsBLAZE

Give him a coat of gravy browning, jobs a good'un
Outrage! on 14:53 - Mar 6 with 2948 viewsHighjack

Outrage! on 14:50 - Mar 6 by BLAZE

Give him a coat of gravy browning, jobs a good'un

It would be an extreme turn of events if Will Smith was arrested for performing in blackface.

Outrage! on 14:59 - Mar 6 with 2930 viewsHighjack

Outrage! on 14:27 - Mar 6 by rockinjk

I’m outraged that you aren’t outraged enough about people being outraged about outrage.

Outrage! on 18:57 - Mar 6 with 2817 viewscontroversial_jack

Seems almost every other person on TV, as an actor, presenter, news reader etc is black, yet they only constitute about 3% of this countries population. They are over represented and this must by the law of averages be preventing others from getting these positions - unless they are genuine better actors.
Login to get fewer ads

Outrage! on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 2781 viewsHighjack

Outrage! on 18:57 - Mar 6 by controversial_jack

Seems almost every other person on TV, as an actor, presenter, news reader etc is black, yet they only constitute about 3% of this countries population. They are over represented and this must by the law of averages be preventing others from getting these positions - unless they are genuine better actors.

In instances like this it’s just a bit of silliness. And I’m sure Will Smith is big enough, experienced enough and mature enough to deal with a bit of criticism. But we’ve had instances where actors and actresses have had to give up roles or taken massive abuse after casting because they aren’t gay in real life, or they’re not transgender enough etc. Many of whom are young, up and coming and looking for a big break.

It’s just utterly mental.

Outrage! on 21:03 - Mar 6 with 2725 viewsexiledclaseboy

Outrage! on 18:57 - Mar 6 by controversial_jack

Black people are over represented on TV?

F*ck my eyes. Just when you think you’ve seen it all.

Poll: Tory leader

Outrage! on 21:04 - Mar 6 with 2723 viewsexiledclaseboy

Btw, Highj, it was Batwoman, not Wonder Woman.

Outrage! on 12:51 - Mar 7 with 2578 viewsWingstandwood

You see common sense went out of the window years ago!

Argus!

Outrage! on 13:13 - Mar 7 with 2563 viewsTom1912

Shadism is definitely a real issue around the world, especially in places like Asia where beauty products to lighten skin are rife. I suspect you can build a case that Hollywood has a bias towards lighter skinned actors/actresses quite easily too. However, I very much doubt they've deliberately done that here. The producers would have had a list of popular black actors and Will Smith was the one that they could make the deal work with. Should they have passed on Will Smith and gone for a lesser name and made less money as a result? It's a nuanced issue though.
Outrage! on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 2494 viewsrockinjk

I sense another outrage v outrage debate coming

Amber Rudd said “coloured” now in my nuanced World that’s a term that is outdated, I don’t believe she’s a racist, she has apologised and that should be that

But Corbynistas are freaking out, as if she’s a secret Nazi

Tomorrow no doubt it’ll be it’s pc gone mad wahhhhhh, shock jock debates

When can we get some sanity back. Nuance where are ya!!
Outrage! on 16:27 - Mar 7 with 2484 viewsLohengrin

Will Smith looks bugger all like the bloke he was touted to play, mind. In that respect he’s a poor fit, a bit like Alfie Bass playing Lloyd George.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Outrage! on 16:46 - Mar 7 with 2464 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Who's going play Michael Jackson when they make the film?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Outrage! on 16:47 - Mar 7 with 2463 viewsLohengrin

Outrage! on 16:46 - Mar 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Who's going play Michael Jackson when they make the film?

Q from Bond.

Outrage! on 17:21 - Mar 7 with 2431 viewsexiledclaseboy

Outrage! on 16:13 - Mar 7 by rockinjk

Amber Rudd said “coloured” now in my nuanced World that’s a term that is outdated, I don’t believe she’s a racist, she has apologised and that should be that

You realise that you are me and I am you now, yeah?

How did that happen?

Outrage! on 17:39 - Mar 7 with 2418 viewsLohengrin

Outrage! on 17:21 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

How did that happen?

Remember The Comic Strip Presents?

This is exactly how...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lykpo

Outrage! on 17:41 - Mar 7 with 2410 viewsAnotherJohn

Outrage! on 16:13 - Mar 7 by rockinjk

'Race' seems to be becoming a more rather than less sensitive issue. 'Woman of colour' is fine, but 'coloured woman' gets the speaker labelled as a bigot. No doubt those offended will say that this is not about the intrinsic meaning of words, but about the history of a phrase, and the connotations it acquires over time. Yet this is an ever-changing landscape.

If we take the field of learning difficulties/disabilities we see a process over time where each term that in its day was seen as a more acceptable alternative to the term that went before was eventually criticised for its unacceptability. Even a term like 'mental handicap' is regarded as offensive now. Where will we be with race in 20 years time? Will it still be acceptable to refer to 'black women' or 'women of colour'?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 19:24]
Outrage! on 17:44 - Mar 7 with 2406 viewsDarran

Outrage! on 17:39 - Mar 7 by Lohengrin

Remember The Comic Strip Presents?

This is exactly how...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lykpo

They wouldn’t get away with that today.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Outrage! on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 2398 viewsrockinjk

Outrage! on 17:21 - Mar 7 by exiledclaseboy

How did that happen?

I find it intriguing.

I’m sure we’ve both moved slightly in our positions, but I think it’s more fundamental than that.

Debate has moved on from right/left, it’s more about Nationalist v Internationalist

Brexit has made a lot of people look again, in that sense it’s healthy and if we escape its clutches it might make for a better debate

I’ve moved on issues like PR, I know you’ve always been a big advocate. I think for instance one nation tories and right leaning labour types should find common ground

Moderates are probably moving on as the debate ironically becomes more divisive

I’m hoping we’ll benefit in time from this impasse
Outrage! on 18:24 - Mar 7 with 2383 viewsWingstandwood

Outrage! on 17:41 - Mar 7 by AnotherJohn

'Race' seems to be becoming a more rather than less sensitive issue. 'Woman of colour' is fine, but 'coloured woman' gets the speaker labelled as a bigot. No doubt those offended will say that this is not about the intrinsic meaning of words, but about the history of a phrase, and the connotations it acquires over time. Yet this is an ever-changing landscape.

If we take the field of learning difficulties/disabilities we see a process over time where each term that in its day was seen as a more acceptable alternative to the term that went before was eventually criticised for its unacceptability. Even a term like 'mental handicap' is regarded as offensive now. Where will we be with race in 20 years time? Will it still be acceptable to refer to 'black women' or 'women of colour'?
[Post edited 7 Mar 2019 19:24]

I kid you not a few years back an individual was smeared on a SWEP comments section for praising (called them fantastic) a local special needs volunteer litter pick at a local Gorseinon Park...The offence? He referred to them as a 'grouping'.

He was chastised by a desperate to be offended PC idiot using Matthew Hopkins witchfinder general standards, innuendo and gratuitous imagination based thought crime lunacy. This PC-loons argument and offence was based upon the fact that Hitler once put people in groups .

Now there is some difference between a person using an everyday dictionary term/descriptive to praise a special needs good deed and a neo-Nazi praising Jews being marched to their death at a WW2 concentration camp.

The appalling thing about the PC-loon was he distracted the good deed(s) of others. Oh btw when the guy offering praise said he knew 'one' of the group, he was smeared for saying that also. Apparently using the term "I know one" (of the litter pickers) is offensive also because he was singling a person of special needs out. So how the f#ck can anyone win with PC-loon idiots like that about? Because everything is judged offensive by parallel universe standards. Just grunt folks!

Argus!

Outrage! on 20:45 - Mar 7 with 2320 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Outrage! on 18:24 - Mar 7 by Wingstandwood

I kid you not a few years back an individual was smeared on a SWEP comments section for praising (called them fantastic) a local special needs volunteer litter pick at a local Gorseinon Park...The offence? He referred to them as a 'grouping'.

He was chastised by a desperate to be offended PC idiot using Matthew Hopkins witchfinder general standards, innuendo and gratuitous imagination based thought crime lunacy. This PC-loons argument and offence was based upon the fact that Hitler once put people in groups .

Now there is some difference between a person using an everyday dictionary term/descriptive to praise a special needs good deed and a neo-Nazi praising Jews being marched to their death at a WW2 concentration camp.

The appalling thing about the PC-loon was he distracted the good deed(s) of others. Oh btw when the guy offering praise said he knew 'one' of the group, he was smeared for saying that also. Apparently using the term "I know one" (of the litter pickers) is offensive also because he was singling a person of special needs out. So how the f#ck can anyone win with PC-loon idiots like that about? Because everything is judged offensive by parallel universe standards. Just grunt folks!

I am in favour, in the short term, of expanding and complicating PC nomenclature because it will become too cumbersome for most people and we'll revert to a position where clear bias and prejudice is not accepted and genuine attempts to communicate without bias and prejudice will also be recognised.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Outrage! on 21:05 - Mar 7 with 2303 viewsWingstandwood

Outrage! on 20:45 - Mar 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

I am in favour, in the short term, of expanding and complicating PC nomenclature because it will become too cumbersome for most people and we'll revert to a position where clear bias and prejudice is not accepted and genuine attempts to communicate without bias and prejudice will also be recognised.

Yeah, I think because of wrongful malicious accusations of racism upon innocents and well meaning people? The word is becoming somewhat demeaned and diluted.

It's staggering the lengths some people will go to be offended by absolutely nothing whatsoever. It's as if they're taking mind expanding drugs and think on a level way beyond rational thought or common sense. They could look into the sky with distorted imagination and see clouds formations spelling out the words individual letters.

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024