Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture pileup 17:22 - Mar 7 with 2623 viewsJonathans_coat

I knew we had a lot of games coming up, but looking closer we have a period 30MAR - 22APR where we play 7 games in 24 days! And that’s if we get knocked out the FA cup on the 16th. It’s been a long time since we’ve had this many games so close together as there are less games in the Premier League. Big demands on a thin squad. I expect to see some very odd team selections I’ve this period.
Fixture pileup on 19:21 - Mar 7 with 2493 viewsmonmouth

It's only the FA cup game that has any meaning.

Surely there's no one left with dreams of play offs after the Wednesday and Lids games?

Expect decent sides for home matches and surrender fodder teams away.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fixture pileup on 21:24 - Mar 7 with 2365 viewsGaryjack

Fixture pileup on 19:21 - Mar 7 by monmouth

Surely there's no one left with dreams of play offs after the Wednesday and Lids games?

If it was up to me, i'd give the fringe players an opportunity of 1st team football, and allow the more 'senior' youngsters to have a run in the under 23's in an attempt to preserve our Prem 2 Division 1 status.
Fixture pileup on 23:44 - Mar 7 with 2238 viewsLoyal

Not going down not going up, so ...
Let's all wait for Cardiff 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fixture pileup on 23:49 - Mar 7 with 2231 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So now fans are also making excuses for future strange team selections by Potter. As if making excuses for results weeks in advance wasn't desperate enough.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fixture pileup on 01:04 - Mar 8 with 2188 viewsLoyal

Fixture pileup on 23:49 - Mar 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So now fans are also making excuses for future strange team selections by Potter. As if making excuses for results weeks in advance wasn't desperate enough.

Best manager and coach this club has had for many many years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fixture pileup on 03:32 - Mar 8 with 2153 viewsGlyn1

"As if making excuses for results weeks in advance wasn't desperate enough."

I certainly didn't do that, and didn't see anyone else do that either. Looking for things to be aware of isn't the same thing as making excuses.

I'm sure the manager is looking at the fixture list and doing some forward planning about how to rotate his squad, which is exactly what he should be doing.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2019 3:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Fixture pileup on 08:40 - Mar 8 with 2031 viewsJonathans_coat

I do hope you are not implying that I was doing either of those things. That would make you wrong on both counts!
Fixture pileup on 09:03 - Mar 8 with 2011 viewskarnataka

6 home games a month including 3 in a week 2nd-9th April. Eek! Lots of travelling.
Login to get fewer ads

Fixture pileup on 12:04 - Mar 8 with 1907 viewssnork44

Fixture pileup on 08:40 - Mar 8 by Jonathans_coat

I do hope you are not implying that I was doing either of those things. That would make you wrong on both counts!

No it's not you, it's that attention seeking knobend Dwight being Dwight ! Good grief if we were at the top of the table twenty points clear the prat would complain about Potter, The Players and the board (admittedly that is the only complaint ,he would be justified at making) considering the screw ups that have been made by Steve and Jase at the start of the season and the January transfer window aided and abetted by Hubert until he fell on his sword, we have done very well !

Potter has turned out to be an outstanding manager , he has made the odd mistake , but the positives have well outweighed the negatives. The only problem is I can see is us keeping him and the vital players at the end of the season. As boy do our American owners like a flash sale and if that happend I wouldn't blame Potter one bit if he left over that or he was tempted by a better offer.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Fixture pileup on 12:53 - Mar 8 with 1871 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fixture pileup on 12:04 - Mar 8 by snork44

No it's not you, it's that attention seeking knobend Dwight being Dwight ! Good grief if we were at the top of the table twenty points clear the prat would complain about Potter, The Players and the board (admittedly that is the only complaint ,he would be justified at making) considering the screw ups that have been made by Steve and Jase at the start of the season and the January transfer window aided and abetted by Hubert until he fell on his sword, we have done very well !

Potter has turned out to be an outstanding manager , he has made the odd mistake , but the positives have well outweighed the negatives. The only problem is I can see is us keeping him and the vital players at the end of the season. As boy do our American owners like a flash sale and if that happend I wouldn't blame Potter one bit if he left over that or he was tempted by a better offer.

Rest assured, no one above us in the table will be wanting to take Graham Potter off our hands as it stands.

Fixture pileup on 12:55 - Mar 8 with 1867 viewsDippy

Fixture pileup on 12:53 - Mar 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rest assured, no one above us in the table will be wanting to take Graham Potter off our hands as it stands.

I agree with Dwight on this one.. the Potter love in is crazy

Poll: Cooper Out

Fixture pileup on 13:05 - Mar 8 with 1850 viewsandrew

Fixture pileup on 19:21 - Mar 7 by monmouth

We win tonight we are in with a shout, albeit in with a shout with 4/5 other teams but still in it.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Fixture pileup on 13:18 - Mar 8 with 1826 viewsjasper_T

Fixture pileup on 12:04 - Mar 8 by snork44

You would complain about the board if we were 20 points clear at the top?
Fixture pileup on 13:27 - Mar 8 with 1811 viewsnantywatcher

Fixture pileup on 12:53 - Mar 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Typical Man U follower - knowing the square root of f**k all about association football - with a piece of sh*t for an avatar to seal the deal.
Away from football he's not that thick, but the game and everything around it and he is absolutely lost!
Fixture pileup on 13:43 - Mar 8 with 1790 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fixture pileup on 13:27 - Mar 8 by nantywatcher

Typical Man U follower - knowing the square root of f**k all about association football - with a piece of sh*t for an avatar to seal the deal.
Away from football he's not that thick, but the game and everything around it and he is absolutely lost!

I like to think I've been pretty much spot on with most of the things I've posted regarding our club since I joined this forum.

Not to trust Huw Jenkins - correct
The Trusts decision to persuade people to vote for the deal instead of legal action was a mistake - correct
Garry Monk was going to erode our playing style - correct

There are many, many more examples where I state my opinion, people accuse me of trolling or being a fool, then sometime later I am proven to be right. Take a look at that Alfie Mawson thread for example.

Quite frankly after everything that has gone on, it makes me very sad to read people think our manager is doing an 'outstanding job' when we're out of the promotion race before the fist week of March. It shows just how far we have fallen, and how low expectations are at the club these days.

I honestly believe we could be in a relegation battle, just a few points above the drop and the same people would claim Graham Potter was doing a great job 'considering the circumstances'. It's baffling.

Fixture pileup on 13:58 - Mar 8 with 1769 viewsFireboy2

Fixture pileup on 13:43 - Mar 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I like to think I've been pretty much spot on with most of the things I've posted regarding our club since I joined this forum.

Not to trust Huw Jenkins - correct
The Trusts decision to persuade people to vote for the deal instead of legal action was a mistake - correct
Garry Monk was going to erode our playing style - correct

There are many, many more examples where I state my opinion, people accuse me of trolling or being a fool, then sometime later I am proven to be right. Take a look at that Alfie Mawson thread for example.

Quite frankly after everything that has gone on, it makes me very sad to read people think our manager is doing an 'outstanding job' when we're out of the promotion race before the fist week of March. It shows just how far we have fallen, and how low expectations are at the club these days.

I honestly believe we could be in a relegation battle, just a few points above the drop and the same people would claim Graham Potter was doing a great job 'considering the circumstances'. It's baffling.

We would be in the relegation zone if GP wasnt the manager, with the tools hes been dealt with and upheaval thats gone on since he came its lucky we are mid table.

Just hope and pray that the yanks back him in the summer as we could with a few additions push for promotion, if they dont then i wont blame him he did one.

Btw you arent a troll as you arent offensive but you are a wum because you wait until a topic has got going then go totally against most peoples opinions.
Fixture pileup on 14:13 - Mar 8 with 1753 viewsGlyn1

Fixture pileup on 13:05 - Mar 8 by andrew

We win tonight we are in with a shout, albeit in with a shout with 4/5 other teams but still in it.

I admire your optimism Andrew, but that would take almost a miracle as we're too far off the leaders. Even if we won the next three matches we still won't be in the play-off zone.

Fixture pileup on 15:51 - Mar 8 with 1681 viewsandrew

Fixture pileup on 14:13 - Mar 8 by Glyn1

I admire your optimism Andrew, but that would take almost a miracle as we're too far off the leaders. Even if we won the next three matches we still won't be in the play-off zone.

Win tonight and it’s 4 points. Results go out way well still be 4 points with a game in hand over the whole bunch (apart from Bristol who occupy 6th)

Personally I can’t see it but stranger things have happened.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Fixture pileup on 16:09 - Mar 8 with 1663 viewsvalleyboy

Fixture pileup on 15:51 - Mar 8 by andrew

Win tonight and it’s 4 points. Results go out way well still be 4 points with a game in hand over the whole bunch (apart from Bristol who occupy 6th)

Personally I can’t see it but stranger things have happened.

Lose tonight and by Saturday 5 o’clock, the Swans could be down in 17th position
Fixture pileup on 16:44 - Mar 8 with 1617 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fixture pileup on 16:09 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

Lose tonight and by Saturday 5 o’clock, the Swans could be down in 17th position

Graham Potter is doing an outstanding job apparently.

Fixture pileup on 17:28 - Mar 8 with 1579 viewsGlyn1

Fixture pileup on 16:09 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

Mildly curious - what scorelines would be required to make that happen?
If you're pointing out that the Championship is a very competitive and evenly balanced Division, then I do agree with you.

Fixture pileup on 17:30 - Mar 8 with 1575 viewsnantywatcher

Fixture pileup on 16:44 - Mar 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Graham Potter is doing an outstanding job apparently.

With nearly fifty years experience of this sport at all levels, both amateur AND professional I can confirm that Graham Potter has proved to be doing an outstanding job of managing this barnpot of a football club. I just hope we can hang on to him for a couple more years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024