Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We apparently play “really well” 21:52 - Mar 8 with 5335 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Yet still lose. This is what’s most worrying.

We aren’t moving forwards. We are going backwards, sideways, backwards and sideways.

A lot like our football.
We apparently play “really well” on 00:18 - Mar 9 with 1991 viewsNorwichFan

We apparently play “really well” on 21:55 - Mar 8 by ItchySphincter

I don’t think Norwich looked anything special tonight. Small margins.

"I don’t think Norwich looked anything special tonight. Small margins."

Doesn't really make sense to take one game in isolation though does it.... did we look special when we beat you 4-1 at your place?

Did we play much worse? Or did you play much better? Why can't both of those things be true?

Worth noting that last season we finished 14th with a manager having his first season in English football though and stuck with him. Remind you of another team?
We apparently play “really well” on 00:41 - Mar 9 with 1977 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We apparently play “really well” on 00:18 - Mar 9 by NorwichFan

Doesn't really make sense to take one game in isolation though does it.... did we look special when we beat you 4-1 at your place?

Did we play much worse? Or did you play much better? Why can't both of those things be true?

Worth noting that last season we finished 14th with a manager having his first season in English football though and stuck with him. Remind you of another team?

Fuc k off 👍🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

We apparently play “really well” on 01:32 - Mar 9 with 1953 viewsNeathJack

You seem to be struggling with the word "tonight".
We apparently play “really well” on 05:04 - Mar 9 with 1928 viewsjack247

It’s a fair point.

If Potter is allowed to keep this squad and make one or two additions, not necessarily key players, we will have a chance next season. A few of our young players are significantly better than they were 6 months ago. It’s quite reasonable to compare us to them last season.

If, as seems more likely, the likes of Fer and VdH are allowed to walk away and the likes of James and McBurnie are hawked off to whoever flutters cash at us, we’re going to be in for a long season.
We apparently play “really well” on 05:32 - Mar 9 with 1921 viewsjasper_T

We apparently play “really well” on 05:04 - Mar 9 by jack247

It’s a fair point.

If Potter is allowed to keep this squad and make one or two additions, not necessarily key players, we will have a chance next season. A few of our young players are significantly better than they were 6 months ago. It’s quite reasonable to compare us to them last season.

If, as seems more likely, the likes of Fer and VdH are allowed to walk away and the likes of James and McBurnie are hawked off to whoever flutters cash at us, we’re going to be in for a long season.

Wouldn't complain about us cashing in on McBurnie if someone happens to be interested enough (and we don't turn down the bids like we did last summer). He's been a tricky player to integrate into a system. Crying out for a proper 9 with or without him imo.

Hawking off top young players hasn't harmed Sheff Utd or Norwich any. This is a league where the majority of our competition is operating under much the same circumstances as we are. To say that being a selling club means we'll surely struggle is silly, a good project under a good manager can do well even while turning a transfer profit.
We apparently play “really well” on 06:26 - Mar 9 with 1910 viewsjack247

We apparently play “really well” on 05:32 - Mar 9 by jasper_T

Wouldn't complain about us cashing in on McBurnie if someone happens to be interested enough (and we don't turn down the bids like we did last summer). He's been a tricky player to integrate into a system. Crying out for a proper 9 with or without him imo.

Hawking off top young players hasn't harmed Sheff Utd or Norwich any. This is a league where the majority of our competition is operating under much the same circumstances as we are. To say that being a selling club means we'll surely struggle is silly, a good project under a good manager can do well even while turning a transfer profit.

Nor would I if we reinvested whatever we got for him in a proper #9. Same goes for Dan James if we got good money and spent it on replacement(s).

If the out of contract players go on a free and we cash in on our brightest young starlets, then rely on more academy players filling the gaps, then we’re quite likely in trouble. Norwich sold two big players I think, Sheffield United one? We’ve got no real cover up front, John at left back, with Rodon injured we’ve got a loanee at centre back with only a seemingly unfancied Harries as cover. Those clubs could afford it (playing wise, not financially) more than we can.

I’m not suggesting being a selling club is an issue, but if we decimate our squad it will be.

Do you know how much was bid for McBurnie by the way? Genuine question, I don’t,
We apparently play “really well” on 10:41 - Mar 9 with 1786 viewsLoyal

We apparently play “really well” on 22:01 - Mar 8 by Brad_Bobbly

Opponents love us because we’re a soft touch.

If we were actually any threat to the league we’d get pelters

When opposing fans like your team, be wary. It’s either because they feel sorry for you or they’re not threatened by us.

For three years Swansea city were lauded in the premier, I'm not sure you understand the process.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We apparently play “really well” on 11:46 - Mar 9 with 1764 viewsjasper_T

We apparently play “really well” on 06:26 - Mar 9 by jack247

Nor would I if we reinvested whatever we got for him in a proper #9. Same goes for Dan James if we got good money and spent it on replacement(s).

If the out of contract players go on a free and we cash in on our brightest young starlets, then rely on more academy players filling the gaps, then we’re quite likely in trouble. Norwich sold two big players I think, Sheffield United one? We’ve got no real cover up front, John at left back, with Rodon injured we’ve got a loanee at centre back with only a seemingly unfancied Harries as cover. Those clubs could afford it (playing wise, not financially) more than we can.

I’m not suggesting being a selling club is an issue, but if we decimate our squad it will be.

Do you know how much was bid for McBurnie by the way? Genuine question, I don’t,

I doubt it was more than a few million as the bids were back when we decided to give him a big contract extension instead, so it was clubs trying to poach an unfancied player with a year left on his deal.
Login to get fewer ads

We apparently play “really well” on 11:57 - Mar 9 with 1751 viewsBrad_Bobbly

We apparently play “really well” on 10:41 - Mar 9 by Loyal

For three years Swansea city were lauded in the premier, I'm not sure you understand the process.

No we wasn’t lauded. We’re on last on MOTD every damn week for a start.

We had a few people like our possession football under Brentan...big deal

We’re obsessed as a fanbase with trying to play like a Barcelona

Not even Barcelona play like that anymore

We’re stuck in the past we never played slow pointless sideways football in the Vetch

Wake up we’re going backwards
We apparently play “really well” on 12:55 - Mar 9 with 1734 viewsnantywatcher

We apparently play “really well” on 11:57 - Mar 9 by Brad_Bobbly

We’re stuck in the past we never played slow pointless sideways football in the Vetch

"Swansea were fantastic. They are by far the best team we have played in recent months.
Our pressing in the first half was on the same level as recent games but wasn't good enough because Swansea had many solutions and were able to bypass us."
Brad_Bobbly - just another idiot like Valleyboy.

The quote above is from a manager who has turned a lower mid table team into an out fit who would hold their own in the Premier. I really enjoyed our performance last night, the pain comes when clueless morons post their crap on here.
We apparently play “really well” on 12:58 - Mar 9 with 1731 viewssainthelens

You are obviously a lonely guy looking for attention.
We apparently play “really well” on 13:10 - Mar 9 with 1721 viewsRancid

James ain't no striker.We'd have been better off starting Baker_ Richardson.Played well but without a striker we didn't capitalize on that first half performance.Too late in the second half.
We apparently play “really well” (n/t) on 13:17 - Mar 9 with 1714 viewsAndy1300

We apparently play “really well” (n/t) on 00:16 - Mar 9 by NorwichFan

Plenty of possession first half but no goals.

Same old story

Number 1 team in Wales

We apparently play “really well” on 13:44 - Mar 9 with 1682 viewsGaz_M

Attention seeking idiot.
We apparently play “really well” on 16:26 - Mar 9 with 1630 viewsGlyn1

We apparently play “really well” on 21:59 - Mar 8 by Brad_Bobbly

Exactly - they were terrible and we still come away with nothing.

We need to be more pragmatic but this won’t happen under Potter.

I mean look at our keeper at the end. He wanted to boot it long but kept remembering he couldn’t because Potter wants us playing like a sh*t Man City.

Too many proud Jacks on here tonight - open your eyes mun

They were only "terrible" because we made them be terrible. The Norwich manager said that we were the strongest team to play there this season. I was struggling to think how anyone could make a negative comment out of that, but Fair Do, you managed to do it.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 16:37]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

We apparently play “really well” on 16:44 - Mar 9 with 1619 viewsGlyn1

We apparently play “really well” on 22:01 - Mar 8 by Brad_Bobbly

Opponents love us because we’re a soft touch.

If we were actually any threat to the league we’d get pelters

When opposing fans like your team, be wary. It’s either because they feel sorry for you or they’re not threatened by us.

I'm talking about their comments before the match or during the actual match when they're losing, or scared of losing.

We apparently play “really well” on 17:46 - Mar 9 with 1589 viewsGlyn1

In fact we were so good they've even got a thread discussing which of our players they should poach, oi! feck off!

Apparently we're going to be the "Norwich of 2019-2020".

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/123523-swansea-number-20/

We apparently play “really well” on 20:52 - Mar 9 with 1540 viewsheadcleaner

We apparently play “really well” on 17:46 - Mar 9 by Glyn1

In fact we were so good they've even got a thread discussing which of our players they should poach, oi! feck off!

Apparently we're going to be the "Norwich of 2019-2020".

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/123523-swansea-number-20/

As much as I wish this would be true If the yanks flog half the team and others head for the exit then we might be next seasons Sunderland
We apparently play “really well” on 09:54 - Apr 8 with 1352 viewsjackrmee

We apparently play “really well” on 21:59 - Mar 8 by Brad_Bobbly

Exactly - they were terrible and we still come away with nothing.

We need to be more pragmatic but this won’t happen under Potter.

I mean look at our keeper at the end. He wanted to boot it long but kept remembering he couldn’t because Potter wants us playing like a sh*t Man City.

Too many proud Jacks on here tonight - open your eyes mun

Pragmatic...
Open your eyes man.
https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/video-analysis-patience-pays-off-for-potter-

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

We apparently play “really well” on 12:07 - Apr 8 with 1237 viewsPorthcawlswan

Day release? Home for an extended weekend? How you were let out of your ward is in itself CRAZY
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024