Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And then there were 5 10:04 - Mar 9 with 1700 viewsSgorioFruit

5 Welsh clubs left in the English system

SWANSEA CITY
Cardiff City
NEWPORT COUNTY
WREXHAM
MERTHYR TOWN

sad to see Colwyn Bay make their exit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47378508

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

And then there were 5 on 10:08 - Mar 9 with 1680 viewsAguycalledJack

Given the history of the situation, watch the faw seek to be as awkward about this as they possibly can.
And then there were 5 on 10:12 - Mar 9 with 1665 viewsKilkennyjack

No - this is very good news for domestic welsh football.

Bottom line - only our 4 long standing, full time professional, football league level clubs should play in England.

Far better for the rest to play in the WPL.
I guess Merthyr will make the same move very soon.

Looks like Colwyn Bay and Bangor will both improve the WPL.

Be good for the league if the south wales clubs could do better like Llanelli once did.

Beware of the Risen People

And then there were 5 on 10:24 - Mar 9 with 1626 viewsBrad_Bobbly

And then there were 5 on 10:12 - Mar 9 by Kilkennyjack

No - this is very good news for domestic welsh football.

Bottom line - only our 4 long standing, full time professional, football league level clubs should play in England.

Far better for the rest to play in the WPL.
I guess Merthyr will make the same move very soon.

Looks like Colwyn Bay and Bangor will both improve the WPL.

Be good for the league if the south wales clubs could do better like Llanelli once did.

None of us should play in English leagues.

Why don’t we have one big Premier Welsh league?

We harp on about hating the English but love playing in their league what’s that about?
And then there were 5 on 10:26 - Mar 9 with 1617 viewsLoyal

And then there were 5 on 10:24 - Mar 9 by Brad_Bobbly

We harp on about hating the English but love playing in their league what’s that about?

100 odd years of history.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

And then there were 5 on 11:09 - Mar 9 with 1563 viewsSgorioFruit

Because we get the chance to beat the English,
A thing that Colwyn Bay sadly wont get to do any more.

They were in the conference north only a few seasons ago. Newport county were in the conference south a decade ago and have hosted one of the best teams in the world in recent weeks and scored against them.
Im not for one second comparing Newport to Colwyn Bay. I just think that the WPL is a farce and there is no guarantee that Colwyn Bay will even reach the WPL.
Merthyr seem to have more of a footballing set up, in a more of a footballing town than Colwyn Bay. I would be very surprised to see them take the same route as Colwyn Bay.

but who knows

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

And then there were 5 on 11:15 - Mar 9 with 1553 viewsKilkennyjack

Nobody hates the English, what a silly thing to say 🤷‍♂️
Rivalry yes, hatred no.

The WPL is coming of age,but its not for the big 4 clubs.

And then there were 5 on 11:18 - Mar 9 with 1541 viewsWxmJax

Colwyn Bay, and other teams from North Wales, have few local players with many commuting from Merseyside or even further afield.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

And then there were 5 on 11:37 - Mar 9 with 1491 viewsglanmorjak

And then there were 5 on 11:18 - Mar 9 by WxmJax

Colwyn Bay, and other teams from North Wales, have few local players with many commuting from Merseyside or even further afield.

Why would anybody want to play in a competition where there can be no dream of competing at the top table of football in the Football League and all of a sudden somebody with cash to burn is prepared to bankroll the club to the Premier League. How many years ago were Bournemouth struggling in the fourth tier of the EFL?

As well as TNS, or even the old Barry Town club have done in Europe, take away the one man band backing TNS, the rest of the clubs are surviving practically season to season and should they qualify for an European adventure, are placed at a huge disadvantage at playing their qualifying games out of season.

Fleetwood Town, Bm
Login to get fewer ads

And then there were 5 on 12:15 - Mar 9 with 1443 viewsKilkennyjack

And then there were 5 on 11:37 - Mar 9 by glanmorjak

Why would anybody want to play in a competition where there can be no dream of competing at the top table of football in the Football League and all of a sudden somebody with cash to burn is prepared to bankroll the club to the Premier League. How many years ago were Bournemouth struggling in the fourth tier of the EFL?

As well as TNS, or even the old Barry Town club have done in Europe, take away the one man band backing TNS, the rest of the clubs are surviving practically season to season and should they qualify for an European adventure, are placed at a huge disadvantage at playing their qualifying games out of season.

Fleetwood Town, Bm

So just for balance ....

Such a tiny percentage of players can play for Man City and the like, so for most part time players then WPL is a good option.

Financially its low key of course but it is relatively new. Facilities are much improved. Also none of its clubs are £30m in debt or whatever the big numbers are this week in the EPL or Championship.

European football is a great draw, a great opportunity, a great experiance, and normal for European nations. Most are clear they will not beat Real and win the Champions League - and thats not the point for most is it ?. You seem to be suggesting that something that is a very good thing is somehow a bad thing ?

And it supports our independent National team status as Wales in UEFAs eyes.

And then there were 5 on 13:01 - Mar 9 with 1375 viewsBanosswan

Colwyn bay may have a professional rugby team to compete with soon.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

And then there were 5 on 13:50 - Mar 9 with 1309 viewsbuilthjack

And then there were 5 on 11:15 - Mar 9 by Kilkennyjack

Nobody hates the English, what a silly thing to say 🤷‍♂️
Rivalry yes, hatred no.

The WPL is coming of age,but its not for the big 4 clubs.

Welsh rugby fans hate the English. They say as long as they beat the English they don't care.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024