Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea were fantastic. 12:58 - Mar 9 with 2424 viewsnantywatcher

I'm posting the Norwich manager's post match comments once more. Read and digest you anti-Potter loonies.

"Swansea were fantastic. They are by far the best team we have played in recent months.
Our pressing in the first half was on the same level as recent games but wasn't good enough because Swansea had many solutions and were able to bypass us.
Swansea were fantastic. on 13:19 - Mar 9 with 2386 viewsdickythorpe

We can be awful when live on sky but last night gave me great hope for the future.

I've been annoyed and upset at times this season but I fully see a manager and a squad that are playing for us and the shirt.

A proud history we have and whilst we may not have the perfect team, the guys last night really stood up to be counted.

Gutted Oli was ill.

The summer will reveal how ambitious we are.
Swansea were fantastic. on 13:32 - Mar 9 with 2353 viewsunion_jack

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:19 - Mar 9 by dickythorpe

We can be awful when live on sky but last night gave me great hope for the future.

I've been annoyed and upset at times this season but I fully see a manager and a squad that are playing for us and the shirt.

A proud history we have and whilst we may not have the perfect team, the guys last night really stood up to be counted.

Gutted Oli was ill.

Well said Dicky.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:35 - Mar 9 with 2345 viewsjackrmee

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:19 - Mar 9 by dickythorpe

Gutted Oli was ill.

Agreed, but I don't think the summer will reveal much. We will still have to get rid of some players and pick up a few youngsters. I think ambition will reveal itself in a few more transfer windows and once the books are balancing.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:45 - Mar 9 with 2324 viewsThe_E20

People need to qualify what they mean by “ambition”, “investment”, “backing” and whatever else buzz word is being used at the time.

Do you mean spending surplus money on the playing squad? If so, it’s that what we always have done? Or certainly in the last decade at least.

Or do you mean spending beyond our means? If so I highly doubt we will be doing that and hope to God we don’t.. as should you.
Swansea were fantastic. on 13:55 - Mar 9 with 2317 viewsjackrmee

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:45 - Mar 9 by The_E20

People need to qualify what they mean by “ambition”, “investment”, “backing” and whatever else buzz word is being used at the time.

Do you mean spending surplus money on the playing squad? If so, it’s that what we always have done? Or certainly in the last decade at least.

Or do you mean spending beyond our means? If so I highly doubt we will be doing that and hope to God we don’t.. as should you.

Think ambition speaks for itself?
Ambition to play decent football and get promoted back to the premier league shirley.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea were fantastic. on 14:04 - Mar 9 with 2300 viewsThe_E20

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:55 - Mar 9 by jackrmee

Think ambition speaks for itself?
Ambition to play decent football and get promoted back to the premier league shirley.

That is everybodies ambition. Nobody sets out to get relegated and play rubbish football.

So there is something behind that statement which is why I asked for clarification. I have a sneaking suspicion it is yet another disguised comment aimed simply at player purchases without regard, thought or care for the resulting impact on the clubs health.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 14:06]
Swansea were fantastic. on 14:57 - Mar 9 with 2252 viewsjackrmee

Swansea were fantastic. on 14:04 - Mar 9 by The_E20

That is everybodies ambition. Nobody sets out to get relegated and play rubbish football.

So there is something behind that statement which is why I asked for clarification. I have a sneaking suspicion it is yet another disguised comment aimed simply at player purchases without regard, thought or care for the resulting impact on the clubs health.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 14:06]

Not sure that's everyone's ambition...

Some clubs merely want to stay in the Championship.
Some clubs want promotion, but are happy with Pulis-like managers at the helm.
Some clubs want to make as much money for their shareholders as possible.

Swansea were fantastic. on 15:04 - Mar 9 with 2225 viewsThe_E20

Swansea were fantastic. on 14:57 - Mar 9 by jackrmee

Not sure that's everyone's ambition...

Some clubs merely want to stay in the Championship.
Some clubs want promotion, but are happy with Pulis-like managers at the helm.
Some clubs want to make as much money for their shareholders as possible.

I can’t think of any club that would choose to stay in the Championship as opposed to being promoted to the Premier League.

I also can’t think of any club wanting to make as much money for its shareholders that would prefer to stay in the Championship as opposed to being promoted to the Premier League. Every single club in the Championship has ambitions of getting promoted and playing well.

Let’s be truthful here. All this talk of ambition, backing and whatever else word people are using to say anything other than what they mean... simply means spending. I don’t know why people are so ashamed of their desire to spend to the fact they have to constantly disguise what they mean or elaborate anything to do with these kinds of statements, they run a mile.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea were fantastic. on 15:52 - Mar 9 with 2156 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure if you had a look through the post match comments from managers during Bob Bradley's tenure you could find managers spouting the same sort of stuff you're seeing from the Norwich manager. It is rare a manager trashes their counterpart after a game when asked for an opinion on them.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea were fantastic. on 16:26 - Mar 9 with 2109 viewshobo

Swansea were fantastic. on 15:52 - Mar 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure if you had a look through the post match comments from managers during Bob Bradley's tenure you could find managers spouting the same sort of stuff you're seeing from the Norwich manager. It is rare a manager trashes their counterpart after a game when asked for an opinion on them.

Best of luck in finding those comments
Swansea were fantastic. on 18:46 - Mar 9 with 2018 viewsjackrmee

Swansea were fantastic. on 15:04 - Mar 9 by The_E20

I can’t think of any club that would choose to stay in the Championship as opposed to being promoted to the Premier League.

I also can’t think of any club wanting to make as much money for its shareholders that would prefer to stay in the Championship as opposed to being promoted to the Premier League. Every single club in the Championship has ambitions of getting promoted and playing well.

Let’s be truthful here. All this talk of ambition, backing and whatever else word people are using to say anything other than what they mean... simply means spending. I don’t know why people are so ashamed of their desire to spend to the fact they have to constantly disguise what they mean or elaborate anything to do with these kinds of statements, they run a mile.

Wow, do you really take everything literally? So you think Ipswich and Rotherham's ambition is to get into the premier league this season?

Swansea were fantastic. on 14:52 - Mar 10 with 1797 viewskarnataka

Swansea were fantastic. on 13:45 - Mar 9 by The_E20

Surplus money?? WTF is that?

When a limited company has "surplus money" as you call it, it is deemed profit and will be distributed as dividends between any shareholders in proportion to their share held.

The limited company that I own has 2 shareholders, me and my wife and we have a 50% shareholding each. If we're lucky and there is some "surplus money", the company can declare a dividend and we each get a dividend of the same value. However, we don't expect a dividend and are just grateful if there is one.

SCFC, on the other hand, are part owned by a hedge fund and hedge funds EXPECT dividends as that is their raison d'être.

There will be no "surplus money".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024