Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? 21:23 - Mar 9 with 40031 viewsNeathJack

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:27]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 09:41 - Mar 12 with 2665 viewsswan65split

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:40 - Mar 11 by QJumpingJack

Whoever is appointed Swans chairman will hopefully be happy to attend a fans forum organised by the Trust - ideally before the end of the season?

no, the Yanks need to be at a fans forum, if they have the balls.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 09:50 - Mar 12 with 2631 viewscostalotta

We have to get behind and accept the appointment of Trev. It’s a necessary step in the moving forwards. Majority of fans, the Trust etc realise that the first step in returning the club to the type of club we want. The first step was always going to have to be the removal of Jenkins. His performance and in particular his failures over the last few years contributing in a major way to our current predicament. He was toxic, disliked within the game and has ran out of luck or started to believe his own hype.

Trev coming in will bring experience in dealing with these types of situations. A situation that Jenkins and the yanks are way out of their depth. Either way this is a sign of things happenings. If it’s more hard medicine ... bring it on as it will be ess hard medicine later, and if needs to happen then so be it.

Wouldn’t surprise or anyone else I’d guess if along with improving the financial situation he’s also looking for new owners.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:12 - Mar 12 with 2497 viewsOnly_Me_Again

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 09:08 - Mar 12 by magicdaps10

Your view, would he be a good appointment?

Depends what he does.

What people need to realise is what is a good appointment for one part of the club, won’t be for another. The aims are not the same. The owners just want their business to be self sufficient, if that means selling players and buying nobody then so be it. If he delivers that they will see it as a success - yet the fans having a side with bare bones and mid table obscurity won’t.

That was the point. Fans wanting a chairman out that could bridge the two approaches - knowing you are putting the replacement decision in the hands of the people that have very opposite desire to you and can smash that bridge and go completely in their own direction is, and was, utterly mental.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:42 - Mar 12 with 2438 viewsChief

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:12 - Mar 12 by Only_Me_Again

Depends what he does.

What people need to realise is what is a good appointment for one part of the club, won’t be for another. The aims are not the same. The owners just want their business to be self sufficient, if that means selling players and buying nobody then so be it. If he delivers that they will see it as a success - yet the fans having a side with bare bones and mid table obscurity won’t.

That was the point. Fans wanting a chairman out that could bridge the two approaches - knowing you are putting the replacement decision in the hands of the people that have very opposite desire to you and can smash that bridge and go completely in their own direction is, and was, utterly mental.

That second paragraph not really relevant now though is it. Huw wasn't sacked because the fans wanted it or the trust wanted it - they've been calling for it for years without action.

He was sacked following the transfer window.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:46 - Mar 12 with 2433 viewsOnly_Me_Again

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:42 - Mar 12 by Chief

That second paragraph not really relevant now though is it. Huw wasn't sacked because the fans wanted it or the trust wanted it - they've been calling for it for years without action.

He was sacked following the transfer window.

Of course it is. The Trust and fans view was getting increasingly louder, let’s remember, he resigned. Would he have offered his resignation if there wasn’t so much pressure to do so? If he jumped before he was about to be pushed - would the Americans have taken that step if they didn’t think they could get some cheap PR to get more support?

I think anyone who suggests it had no effect is being naive.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:11 - Mar 12 with 2387 viewsChief

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:46 - Mar 12 by Only_Me_Again

Of course it is. The Trust and fans view was getting increasingly louder, let’s remember, he resigned. Would he have offered his resignation if there wasn’t so much pressure to do so? If he jumped before he was about to be pushed - would the Americans have taken that step if they didn’t think they could get some cheap PR to get more support?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:16 - Mar 12 with 2375 viewsmajorraglan

Huw Jenkins et al did a very good job steering the club through the leagues to reach the Premier League, that is without doubt. The first couple of seasons in the Premier League went very well and if we are being honest beyond our expectations.

Everyone knew relegation would necessitate tightening the belt and cutting a significant amount of expenditure, but to be honest I have been surprised by the severity of the measures and it makes me question what has previously gone on.

If the club is in a perilous position, then the medicine is going to be tough. It could be that the position isn’t as bad as we think, but it is in need of some attention and the American owners are bringing someone in who they think will be the right man to run the club now that they don’t have Huw Jenkins. This was a £67m purchase for them, so if they want to retain value they need to care for it.

Huw Jenkins and some of the previous owners still own about 10% of the club, so their not likely to be far away.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 16:26 - Mar 12 with 2245 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:29 - Mar 11 by Uxbridge

I'm afraid I'm going to have to return the accusation of you being a liar on that basis then Spratty. You absolutely insinuated that overseas members should not vote in this. As Lisa called you out on it, it's what you do, raise something with just enough deniability to wriggle out of it.

I wonder what your view would be if I was to get a debate going on whether only people born or brought up in Swansea should get a vote on this. Maybe people who live in the low SA postcodes. You'd have every right to criticise that view.

The fact I'm entirely comfortable with Lisa being involved in the process should tell you all you need to know on my views on who should be involved in the process. Not as if Lisa and I haven't had the odd disagreement or three. If her view is so close to yours, I do wonder what your issue is.

You talk about end user reviews as if we're talking about a software application here, which is a bit inaccurate. The idea that you are capable of balance here is, I'm afraid, not backed by the body of evidence even within your post there.

The rules are clear. There'll be a cut off, as there was last time, the moment the consultation is announced. It wasn't delayed no matter what you're insinuating again. Putting this out to season ticket holders would be entirely inappropriate for a members organisation. Worth noting, you are doing it again I'm afraid, defining who should or shouldn't get a vote based on your views on what constitutes an appropriate person to vote.

Keep making the accusations though. If you actually want somebody to take your views seriously, it's probably not the best way to get your point across.

Of course you choose to stamp on and brand disgraceful my attempt to debate a comment by an overseas member that they did not see it as their place to vote on what they saw as a local matter. Once again changing my words to discredit the desire for balanced opinion, which the Trust should welcome.

Ok Ux with reference to that thread please tell me what part of that is a lie (for which you accuse me of being a liar)? Despite your trite irrelevant examples it is entirely accurate.

I am sure the regular attendees would welcome your concern for anyone who coughs up a few quid rather that those who regularly support the Swans. Do me a favour the right type of fans, yes I have all season ticket holders in my pocket.

Perhaps we need the right type of Trust officials - those who want to include the main body of actual supporters in such momentous decisions and those that are not prepared to repeatedly lie and abuse members in order to protect themselves.

Also tell me how saying you neither believed or disbelieved speculation is anything less than a balanced response to something you have no proof of either way. The amusing thing is I had originally said I did not believe it, then changed that because I did not know if it were true or not. It is amusing I was supposedly informed of Lisa’s denials, when I had nothing to do with the rumour, cannot even recall who said it and was posting on the other site at the time because of the censorship on this site. The accuracy of that speculation had nothing to do with the point at issue.

Keep flogging this weak excuse for a Trust Official responding to a members serious conserns by telling them to F off though.

As far as Reviewing the documentation, I think you will find whilst Lisa and I had very similar views possibly my approach to other members concerns may be more considered and empathetic than telling them to F off.

Indeed I did talk about end user reviews as, as I implied, I thought something that might be familiar to you, might help you better understand the importance of the review process. It is indeed very similar except this is a vitally important final vote, cock it up (again) and there is no opportunity to apply patches.

Good to see you taking the issues I raise seriously when they are repeated by other posters. Perhaps you have an affinity with them?

Perhaps if you want to have your views taken seriously Ux you should stop denying how you flogged the deal last time. You were torn apart by many on here for that, but still do not have the self awareness to admit it and your recent comments have given me cause for concern. Perhaps you should speak up at meetings rather than your overt abuse and lies on here.
Login to get fewer ads

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 16:48 - Mar 12 with 2213 viewslondonlisa2001

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 16:26 - Mar 12 by chad

Of course you choose to stamp on and brand disgraceful my attempt to debate a comment by an overseas member that they did not see it as their place to vote on what they saw as a local matter. Once again changing my words to discredit the desire for balanced opinion, which the Trust should welcome.

Ok Ux with reference to that thread please tell me what part of that is a lie (for which you accuse me of being a liar)? Despite your trite irrelevant examples it is entirely accurate.

I am sure the regular attendees would welcome your concern for anyone who coughs up a few quid rather that those who regularly support the Swans. Do me a favour the right type of fans, yes I have all season ticket holders in my pocket.

Perhaps we need the right type of Trust officials - those who want to include the main body of actual supporters in such momentous decisions and those that are not prepared to repeatedly lie and abuse members in order to protect themselves.

Also tell me how saying you neither believed or disbelieved speculation is anything less than a balanced response to something you have no proof of either way. The amusing thing is I had originally said I did not believe it, then changed that because I did not know if it were true or not. It is amusing I was supposedly informed of Lisa’s denials, when I had nothing to do with the rumour, cannot even recall who said it and was posting on the other site at the time because of the censorship on this site. The accuracy of that speculation had nothing to do with the point at issue.

Keep flogging this weak excuse for a Trust Official responding to a members serious conserns by telling them to F off though.

As far as Reviewing the documentation, I think you will find whilst Lisa and I had very similar views possibly my approach to other members concerns may be more considered and empathetic than telling them to F off.

Indeed I did talk about end user reviews as, as I implied, I thought something that might be familiar to you, might help you better understand the importance of the review process. It is indeed very similar except this is a vitally important final vote, cock it up (again) and there is no opportunity to apply patches.

Good to see you taking the issues I raise seriously when they are repeated by other posters. Perhaps you have an affinity with them?

Perhaps if you want to have your views taken seriously Ux you should stop denying how you flogged the deal last time. You were torn apart by many on here for that, but still do not have the self awareness to admit it and your recent comments have given me cause for concern. Perhaps you should speak up at meetings rather than your overt abuse and lies on here.

“I am sure the regular attendees would welcome your concern for anyone who coughs up a few quid rather that those who regularly support the Swans. “

So, to clarify, you believe that a vote of Trust members should be open to non Trust members, yet not open to Trust members that live somewhere you don’t approve of?

“I did not know if it were true or not. “

And yet, I told you it was untrue, so in repeating that, you AGAIN accuse me of lying.

“It is amusing I was supposedly informed of Lisa’s denials, when I had nothing to do with the rumour, cannot even recall who said it and was posting on the other site at the time because of the censorship on this site. The accuracy of that speculation had nothing to do with the point at issue.”

You declared quite confidently what had been said to me or about me on THIS site at the time of all this and you now pretend you were in the ‘other site’ So how could you possibly know what was going on? Have you forgotten that bit?

“Trust Official responding to a members serious conserns by telling them to F off though. ”

That’s not what happened though is it! I told you to f*** off for calling me a liar (repeatedly) not for expressing ‘serious concerns’. And, again, I am not a Trust official and I have no idea whether you are a Trust member as you are posting anonymously.

“my approach to other members concerns may be more considered and empathetic than telling them to F off”

I haven’t responded to any member’s concerns by telling them to f*** off. I told you to do that for accusing me repeatedly of lying.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 17:45 - Mar 12 with 2132 viewsUxbridge

I'm not going to bother flogging a dead horse here but Spratty, if you don't want to be insulted, don't go around insulting people. It's pretty simple. People tend to respond to others in the same manner they are addressed, so crying about it when you get a response in the same manner you comment is pretty poor really.

Your last paragraph is not worthy of response. Your lack of self-awareness is hilarious.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:30 - Mar 12 with 1956 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe Birch is not joining us afterall.
It is strange that the club have not confirmed the appointment. Surely he needs to start sooner rather than later to sort any urgent issues.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:03 - Mar 12 with 1902 viewsChief

Maybe the yanks won't pay him the wages he wants?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:05 - Mar 12 with 1899 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:30 - Mar 12 by QJumpingJack

Maybe Birch is not joining us afterall.
It is strange that the club have not confirmed the appointment. Surely he needs to start sooner rather than later to sort any urgent issues.

Can't do much outside the transfer window. No need to rush at all.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:06 - Mar 12 with 1899 viewsMoscowJack

I'm a bit unsure about the appointment of Birch.

An ex-P&G friend of mine used to work for him when he was at Everton and speaks highly of him, but that was a long time ago and a lot's happened since.

My feeling is that he's been brought in to drastically cut costs but with one huge eye (if he's got two weirdly imbalanced eyes, of course) on finding a buyer. The former might be desperately needed, mainly due to how badly the finances have been controlled (transfers, wages, agent's fees, manager sackings, lack of relegation clauses, etc ) since the Yanks took over, but it just shows that the Yanks aren't wiling to provide the 'financial resources' that the promised to deliver. Liars!

If he's here to sell the club (as his main aim or not), it's going to be crucial that the Trust is all over the Board like a very nasty rash. If the Yanks sell the club, it can't just be to anyone as there could be even worse owners than them out there!

I don't think we're going to know his role until we see what happens this summer. I don't care what they say in a press statement or what they tell the Trust, I won't believe it.

Finally, I know that I'm not giving him much respect here and I could be very wrong. When we called for HJ to go, there wasn't a long thread with names of people qualified to replace him, because we don't really know many of these names in the game, do we? Birch is someone I've heard of, as have most on here, but his name has been tainted by his association to failed clubs. Whether he created that mess or tried to clean it up after isn't clear to me, but it will be interesting to see if he wants to re-build his "brand" in the game, or just take the Yankee dollar until his next gig. As I said, time will tell..........

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:57 - Mar 12 with 1859 viewsjackrmee

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:35 - Mar 11 by Uxbridge

The practical logistics of it aren't easy though, not to any meaningful volume. Would need a physical address. Of course something to be wary of and trends etc will be analysed.

The practicalities of ensuring whether a member is an actual person is a tricky thing in reality. It'd be a shame if we had to go down the root of people providing proof of ID before joining, in fact a nightmare logistically. Best efforts really.

Can it not be just votes people who attend in person?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:57 - Mar 12 with 1859 viewsjackrmee

You really think Jenkins gave a fuk what the fans and trust think?! Then why did he tuck them up in the first place and why did he stay so long?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:57 - Mar 12 with 1858 viewsjackrmee

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 16:26 - Mar 12 by chad

Non season ticket holders can still watch the team regularly too. They might just be skint kunts like me ha

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 04:17 - Mar 13 with 1802 viewsTheMonster

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:57 - Mar 12 by jackrmee

You really think Jenkins gave a fuk what the fans and trust think?! Then why did he tuck them up in the first place and why did he stay so long?

The fans, yes. The Trust, no.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, he has far more love for the club than Trevor Birch.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 06:18 - Mar 13 with 1773 viewsdameedna

Jenkins wanted to sell his shares. The Trust wanted to tell him how to do that.

If Birch comes in I feel it will be quite short lived. Most likely scenario is he will cut costs before a sale.

It is a little unpredictable though. Which is why HJ and Others exited at the peak of the share value.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 08:14 - Mar 13 with 1707 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe Birch has had cold feet and decided not to take the position.

I would he would have received loads of messages since the story broke on Saturday and maybe he has been warned that the club is a bit of a basket case and that there are people at the club who you may not be able to trust / work with.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:11 - Mar 13 with 1622 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 08:14 - Mar 13 by QJumpingJack

Maybe Birch has had cold feet and decided not to take the position.

I would he would have received loads of messages since the story broke on Saturday and maybe he has been warned that the club is a bit of a basket case and that there are people at the club who you may not be able to trust / work with.

Dealing with basket cases is his speciality. It's why he gets work.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:15 - Mar 13 with 1612 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:57 - Mar 12 by jackrmee

Non season ticket holders can still watch the team regularly too. They might just be skint kunts like me ha

I agree entirely it is just that season ticket holders used to be automatically enrolled in the Trust and that is an excellent easy way in the majority of cases to identify a real affinity with the club itself and more potentially have it’s best interests at heart, whatever you perceive those to be.

Jack Army memberships history could also provide evidence of actively following the club.

Undoubtedly there are supporters who have a real affinity with the club who are not season ticket holders or reasonably regularly attending JA members or Trust Members. But it would become more complicated to accurately evidence that unfortunately.

It is just a suggestion for a fairly blunt tool to get a very large body of actual supporters involved in this vote, which is massively important to our capabilities to best protect the future of professional football in Swansea. Rather than the several hundred or so standard membership of the Trust,

It would also negate the potential that currently exists for the vote to be bought for a relatively few thousand pounds by those who want to protect themselves from the strong likelihood of having to pay us over £21m plus expenses plus being dragged through reputation damaging legal action.

To me it is simple the Trust is our supporters organisation and it should be the supporters that are voting.

The idea that someone potentially buying a membership to protect the sellouts and new majority owners millions and reputations, is more important to Trust Officials than the actual supporters the Trust was established to represent is truly staggering to me.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:48 - Mar 13 with 1575 viewsLeonWasGod

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:11 - Mar 13 by jasper_T

Dealing with basket cases is his speciality. It's why he gets work.

Although those tweets in the OP say that this would be a different role to those he normally has. Could it be that he's coming in to act in a more 'normal' CEO type role, rather than as a short-term firefighter/asset stripper? It specifically says that role doesn't appear to be about him coming in to make us lean ahead of a sale.

Doesn't mean that's true of course, but it makes you wonder. I could see the Americans wanting someone with Birch's kind of ethos on the ground for the longer haul.

Edit - they need someone like him for the longer haul: clubs don't make money in this league. Keeping us in the league without incurring debt is a hugely ambitious aim - more so than keeping us in the PL.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 11:53]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:59 - Mar 13 with 1558 viewsairedale

Could be he’s coming in to replace Jenkins and the other bloke, so it’ll be just him and minions?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:26 - Mar 13 with 1485 viewsmajorraglan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:15 - Mar 13 by chad

I agree entirely it is just that season ticket holders used to be automatically enrolled in the Trust and that is an excellent easy way in the majority of cases to identify a real affinity with the club itself and more potentially have it’s best interests at heart, whatever you perceive those to be.

Jack Army memberships history could also provide evidence of actively following the club.

Undoubtedly there are supporters who have a real affinity with the club who are not season ticket holders or reasonably regularly attending JA members or Trust Members. But it would become more complicated to accurately evidence that unfortunately.

It is just a suggestion for a fairly blunt tool to get a very large body of actual supporters involved in this vote, which is massively important to our capabilities to best protect the future of professional football in Swansea. Rather than the several hundred or so standard membership of the Trust,

It would also negate the potential that currently exists for the vote to be bought for a relatively few thousand pounds by those who want to protect themselves from the strong likelihood of having to pay us over £21m plus expenses plus being dragged through reputation damaging legal action.

To me it is simple the Trust is our supporters organisation and it should be the supporters that are voting.

The idea that someone potentially buying a membership to protect the sellouts and new majority owners millions and reputations, is more important to Trust Officials than the actual supporters the Trust was established to represent is truly staggering to me.

I am pretty sure the club used to automatically pay the Trust £10 for each season ticket sold, whether that automatically made them a member or just made a financial donation I am not sure. I seem to recall this arrangement stopped around the time the team was promoted to the PL.

Now, 8 years on and looking back at that decision after everything that’s happened, I just wonder if the decision to stop the payments was a deliberate ploy to prevent the Trust strengthening its financial position and “becoming too powerful.” Seven seasons in the PL and this season in the Championship with sales of 15000 per season would have netted the Trust £1.2m.

I agree the vote could be “influenced” by infiltrators, but then again some of the supporters are plastics who will start to disappear. Personally, I think any vote should be the preserve of Trust members.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024