Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? 21:23 - Mar 9 with 40033 viewsNeathJack

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:27]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:27 - Mar 13 with 1571 viewsLeonWasGod

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:26 - Mar 13 by majorraglan

I am pretty sure the club used to automatically pay the Trust £10 for each season ticket sold, whether that automatically made them a member or just made a financial donation I am not sure. I seem to recall this arrangement stopped around the time the team was promoted to the PL.

Now, 8 years on and looking back at that decision after everything that’s happened, I just wonder if the decision to stop the payments was a deliberate ploy to prevent the Trust strengthening its financial position and “becoming too powerful.” Seven seasons in the PL and this season in the Championship with sales of 15000 per season would have netted the Trust £1.2m.

I agree the vote could be “influenced” by infiltrators, but then again some of the supporters are plastics who will start to disappear. Personally, I think any vote should be the preserve of Trust members.

Used to be automatic membership if you bought a ST.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 15:51 - Mar 13 with 1462 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:26 - Mar 13 by majorraglan

I am pretty sure the club used to automatically pay the Trust £10 for each season ticket sold, whether that automatically made them a member or just made a financial donation I am not sure. I seem to recall this arrangement stopped around the time the team was promoted to the PL.

Now, 8 years on and looking back at that decision after everything that’s happened, I just wonder if the decision to stop the payments was a deliberate ploy to prevent the Trust strengthening its financial position and “becoming too powerful.” Seven seasons in the PL and this season in the Championship with sales of 15000 per season would have netted the Trust £1.2m.

I agree the vote could be “influenced” by infiltrators, but then again some of the supporters are plastics who will start to disappear. Personally, I think any vote should be the preserve of Trust members.

Thanks for the reply, as Leon confirms we were automatically Trust members (as you say via some kind of donation from the club out of the season ticket priceI). think many did not realise they no longer were members when it was stopped

Re your second paragraph definitely agree, also the way they would not allow us to increase our shareholding. More power to the Trust would have dramatically reduced ability to sell and price their shares would have commanded.

Fair comment on the vote, all about opinions.

Think the potential for infiltration is a real concern, given what is at stake for them. The low numbers of Trust membership definitely make this a practical option especially when we consider the size of the ownership group in the States plus the other residual shareholders and the families etc. of them all

The wider supporter vote would really dilute any possibility to frig the vote for personal gain.

Take your point about wider support, however would say even outside the PL, we have enjoyed strong regular support at the Lib, which would provide the main strong core.

Interesting to see what attendance may drop back to next year, especially as we feel more divorced from our club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024