Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? 21:23 - Mar 9 with 40334 viewsNeathJack

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:27]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:36 - Mar 9 with 3189 viewsdickythorpe

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:35 - Mar 9 by Muteswan

As a cost cutting exercise, when the Swans players go to get their sponsored cars at Trade Centre Wales, they’ll be told to tell em Trevor sent ewe.

Yew
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:37 - Mar 9 with 3181 viewsmagicdaps10

Well, well, well!!!
If this is true, it will be another glaring light for the supporters of the Americans on this board. It is a clear indication of how the Americans want our club to go, the Americans who our former directors sold out to for the future of our club.

If there was ever a modern tale of greed, the former board would have starring roles.

Now is the time for the trust to turn the screw and save our club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:53 - Mar 9 with 3102 viewsQJumpingJack

Biog:

https://www.duffandphelps.com/our-team/trevor-birch
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:53 - Mar 9 with 3099 viewsTheKirkyLife

Came for the news, stayed for the excellent tree pun-ditry.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:56 - Mar 9 with 3082 viewsJonathans_coat

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:46 - Mar 9 by jack2jack

Not exactly, have a read of this, he's got a certain, let's say, particular set of skills
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Birch
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:56]

Birch is managing director of the global restructuring advisory of Duff & Phelps.

The below excerpt from the Duff & Phelps website explains what they do:-

“When facing bankruptcy or other insolvency proceedings, clients require expert advice in challenging circumstances. That is why clients confronting bankruptcies and a variety of corporate restructurings turn to Duff & Phelps for responsive and trusted advice that minimizes business disruption in an already difficult situation.
Our team of experts provide comprehensive insight and collaborate with the client’s management team, board of directors, creditor constituencies, and legal and financial advisors in a myriad of complex financial transactions. We advise debtors, secured lenders, public pension managers and unsecured creditors’ committees in the context of out-of-court restructurings, Chapter 9 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. We also bring a high level of technical prowess and a comprehensive understanding of statutory and common law and rules.
Our Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation Services include:
- Computation of Damages
- Asset Tracing
- Partnership Disputes asset and income tracing
- Unraveling complicated transactions
- Tracing funds and assets”

Bringing Birch in looks like an acknowledgement that we are in a real mess, worse than we thought, and the Yanks need serious help to get out the hole we are in. I would suggest they are trying to get us on an even keel before fishing for a buyer so they can cut and run. I also note they are apparently experts in “partnership disputes”, “computation of damages” and “unraveling complex transactions”. Sounds familiar.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 23:10]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:57 - Mar 9 with 3080 viewsmagicdaps10

Known in the game as an insolvency expert.

The only positive I can take from this, the Americans IF they appoint him, will be looking to get out of dodge. The guy was waiting in the wings to step in at Villa in the summer until a dramatic late twist at Villa Park.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:02 - Mar 9 with 3055 viewsmagicdaps10

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 22:56 - Mar 9 by Jonathans_coat

Birch is managing director of the global restructuring advisory of Duff & Phelps.

The below excerpt from the Duff & Phelps website explains what they do:-

“When facing bankruptcy or other insolvency proceedings, clients require expert advice in challenging circumstances. That is why clients confronting bankruptcies and a variety of corporate restructurings turn to Duff & Phelps for responsive and trusted advice that minimizes business disruption in an already difficult situation.
Our team of experts provide comprehensive insight and collaborate with the client’s management team, board of directors, creditor constituencies, and legal and financial advisors in a myriad of complex financial transactions. We advise debtors, secured lenders, public pension managers and unsecured creditors’ committees in the context of out-of-court restructurings, Chapter 9 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. We also bring a high level of technical prowess and a comprehensive understanding of statutory and common law and rules.
Our Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation Services include:
- Computation of Damages
- Asset Tracing
- Partnership Disputes asset and income tracing
- Unraveling complicated transactions
- Tracing funds and assets”

Bringing Birch in looks like an acknowledgement that we are in a real mess, worse than we thought, and the Yanks need serious help to get out the hole we are in. I would suggest they are trying to get us on an even keel before fishing for a buyer so they can cut and run. I also note they are apparently experts in “partnership disputes”, “computation of damages” and “unraveling complex transactions”. Sounds familiar.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 23:10]

Absolutely.

This proves the whole situation that most have stated on here for the last few years as absolute fact.

The whole board, ex board and sale was based on lies, deception and greed.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:11 - Mar 9 with 3015 viewsThe_E20

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:02 - Mar 9 by magicdaps10

Absolutely.

This proves the whole situation that most have stated on here for the last few years as absolute fact.

This looks like the same thing as usual, some new comes out, Daps doesn’t t quite understand it so just throws a dart and hopes.

This is exactly what I was saying when you were all calling for Jenkins’ head and claiming such amazing chairmen that could be signed to the club instead.

This appointment will mark the end of the “footballing decisions” for the foreseeable future. No last minute Dan James salvation, pure and simple debt servicing.

So when you are all claiming for investment or whatever else rubbish has been coming out of here recently, remember - you were warned.
Login to get fewer ads

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:11 - Mar 9 with 3013 viewsQJumpingJack

If the Americans end up in court with the Trust, what will his role be in all of this?
Can he advise the Americans or will he not be allowed to be involved?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:13 - Mar 9 with 2999 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:11 - Mar 9 by QJumpingJack

If the Americans end up in court with the Trust, what will his role be in all of this?

He'll be chairman of the football club? Not sure what involvement he would have in a court case concerning events from years before he was hired.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:16 - Mar 9 with 2978 viewsJonathans_coat

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:11 - Mar 9 by QJumpingJack

He will be making the tea and sandwiches.

As the yanks own the majority of the club and therefore will be the ones paying him, I guess it’s obvious which side his bread will be buttered.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:17 - Mar 9 with 2977 viewsmajorraglan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 21:44 - Mar 9 by dickythorpe

Well I hope he tries to bring back Ash who was as solid as an Oak for us, maple he'll be good for us. I'm sycamore this negativity.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:17 - Mar 9 with 2973 viewsLandore_Jack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:11 - Mar 9 by The_E20

This looks like the same thing as usual, some new comes out, Daps doesn’t t quite understand it so just throws a dart and hopes.

This is exactly what I was saying when you were all calling for Jenkins’ head and claiming such amazing chairmen that could be signed to the club instead.

This appointment will mark the end of the “footballing decisions” for the foreseeable future. No last minute Dan James salvation, pure and simple debt servicing.

So when you are all claiming for investment or whatever else rubbish has been coming out of here recently, remember - you were warned.

Jenkins is to blame for this mess. Poor transfer decisions contributed to the club's relegation. Now we are in deep shit financially.

#backtojack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:18 - Mar 9 with 2969 viewsmagicdaps10

So it is all the fans fault!?

You keep preaching that absolute rubbish, for all I know, you might actually believe what you say/type. I will just let people read over that post of yours.......no words from me will be needed to highlight how bad that post and your view is on the situation at SCFC.

Who needs enemies hey!?!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:18 - Mar 9 with 2967 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Presumably he’s being brought in to ensure that the club doesn’t need to employ the insolvency department of his business.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:19 - Mar 9 with 2962 viewsWingstandwood

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:02 - Mar 9 by magicdaps10

Absolutely.

Bang on!

I think it's gonna be a few extremely tough years ahead, put on your tin hats folks!

Here comes another summer player fire-sale, off field redundancies and significant cost cutting in places like academy/club infrastructure etc.

Here comes another chapter in the #next-level comedy of errors!

Argus!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:22 - Mar 9 with 2947 viewsexiledclaseboy

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:18 - Mar 9 by Joe_bradshaw

Presumably he’s being brought in to ensure that the club doesn’t need to employ the insolvency department of his business.

That’ll be it.

Poll: Tory leader

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:25 - Mar 9 with 2926 viewsmagicdaps10

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:18 - Mar 9 by Joe_bradshaw

The yanks have played a hand here, one that brings in an insolvency expert and has history with clubs in financial trouble.........sell, sell, sell, money in the bank.

Forget what James states, the Yanks want out and want to make as many cuts, bring in as much money as they can, what better man to do the lot than Mr Birch himself.

I can take distraction and spin by certain posters on here but this is a big tick for the people who have called the yanks/ex board out over the last few seasons.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:25 - Mar 9 with 2923 viewsJonathans_coat

Just to save anyone from reading this post i’ll summarise:-

E20, he say....

Jenkins = good
Fans = bad
Magicdaps = wrong
E20 = right

..... so basically the same as every single E20 post! Change the record every once and a while, and people might actually listen.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:26 - Mar 9 with 2922 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:19 - Mar 9 by Wingstandwood

Bang on!

I think it's gonna be a few extremely tough years ahead, put on your tin hats folks!

Here comes another summer player fire-sale, off field redundancies and significant cost cutting in places like academy/club infrastructure etc.

Here comes another chapter in the #next-level comedy of errors!

Without a chance of promotion more cutbacks were inevitable. Income next season down £20m on this one. Big contracts expiring don't make up half that value.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:26 - Mar 9 with 2919 viewsmagicdaps10

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:22 - Mar 9 by exiledclaseboy

That’ll be it.

Simple but effective.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:30 - Mar 9 with 2901 viewshobo

Would be interested in hearing the Trusts' reasons for making this appointment?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:38 - Mar 9 with 2873 viewsmajorraglan

This to me this suggests the club is in trouble. It’s a positive move though because if the club is in trouble at least they are bringing someone with expertise in. It does kind of beg the question about what’s gone on previously.

If there is a financial hole, then I think we can expect to see Dan James, McBurnie, Rodon and some of the other youngsters as well as the Ayew’s and Baston moving on next summer
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:39 - Mar 9 with 2862 viewsLuther27

Is his appointment official?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:50 - Mar 9 with 2831 viewsmajorraglan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 23:39 - Mar 9 by Luther27

Is his appointment official?

Not seen anything official, but Stuart James the Guardian journalist is well thought of and generally on the money when it comes to the Swans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024