Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? 21:23 - Mar 9 with 40440 viewsNeathJack

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:27]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 2640 viewswaynekerr55

We may...

That's the problem, we bet everything on red and if we're lucky it may land on 0

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:38 - Mar 10 with 2596 viewsglanmorjak

Most sensible fans will always recognise the job Jenkins did, along with other people at the club but in all honesty Jenkins must take full responsibility in not only the financial predicament the club is in via some irresponsibility in player recruitment but also in the manner in which they sought to sell the club with no consultation to a group of people(the Trust) they worked alongside with.
Sell your shares by all means but to do it in the manner they did was only going to leave animosity and bad feeling with the fans, especially when those fans are unable to comprehend the offloading of players off the club’s wage bill.
If Jenkins did actually pull the plug on the James move to Leeds then along with his recruitment of Potter could well see him make 2 good decisions that otherwise could well have seen the Swans follow the same pathway as Sunderland made last season.
For too long Jenkins was allowed to cover his inadequacy in player recruitment by employing managers with good contacts in the game but when he was left to his own devices and led by agents his time was up and should have retired years back. Now he has become a pariah in the local community.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:41 - Mar 10 with 2578 viewsthornabyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 09:51 - Mar 10 by magicdaps10

Surely threads would not be ruined if answers were given to the questions posted?

The whole ducking of the questions and twisting of others opinions is pathetic.

Personally, I am glad E20 is banned(for now). I am too tired for egotistical prats like him. He doesnt support SCFC, his hobby is trolling people on this forum.

He just reinvents on another username though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:01 - Mar 10 with 2513 viewsthornabyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 09:46 - Mar 10 by monmouth

And indeed they are still on the critical list.

Let’s get one thing straight though. Our current financial plight lies at Jenkins door. No one else’s. He cannot take the rightful credit for 2003 to 2013 and none of the blame for subsequent events. He has sanctioned everything that has got us where we are now, including a secret sale to enrich himself.

Whether Birch can do more damage than Jenkins ultimately did is arguable and worrying, but Jenkins role and incompetence in our financial distress should not be forgotten, airbrushed, or forgiven.

F*ck any apologist that wants to rewrite that.

Hopefully Birch is getting us ready for a sale that's what I am clinging to.
Has overseen sales at Chelsea Leeds Hearts and Portsmouth.
What state we will be in after he has left is anyone's guess but the lower we go the less we will be worth.
So I still have some hope.

As regards Jenkins good riddance to the devious tw@t he is the reason we are in the mess.
So yes I would prefer Birch to Jenkins.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:05 - Mar 10 with 2500 viewsAngelRangelQS

If we are that financially screwed then isn’t it pretty much entirely down to HJ and the awful recruitment team we’ve had in place as opposed to the Americans?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:07 - Mar 10 with 2486 viewsDr_Winston

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:05 - Mar 10 by AngelRangelQS

If we are that financially screwed then isn’t it pretty much entirely down to HJ and the awful recruitment team we’ve had in place as opposed to the Americans?

The Americans have to shoulder a proportion of the blame because they allowed Jenkins to do it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:12 - Mar 10 with 2466 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:07 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

The Americans have to shoulder a proportion of the blame because they allowed Jenkins to do it.

Indeed, did they not pen him as the clubs biggest asset and totally refuse to listen to supporters serious concerns when presented to them face to face.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:24 - Mar 10 with 2418 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:38 - Mar 10 by glanmorjak

Most sensible fans will always recognise the job Jenkins did, along with other people at the club but in all honesty Jenkins must take full responsibility in not only the financial predicament the club is in via some irresponsibility in player recruitment but also in the manner in which they sought to sell the club with no consultation to a group of people(the Trust) they worked alongside with.
Sell your shares by all means but to do it in the manner they did was only going to leave animosity and bad feeling with the fans, especially when those fans are unable to comprehend the offloading of players off the club’s wage bill.
If Jenkins did actually pull the plug on the James move to Leeds then along with his recruitment of Potter could well see him make 2 good decisions that otherwise could well have seen the Swans follow the same pathway as Sunderland made last season.
For too long Jenkins was allowed to cover his inadequacy in player recruitment by employing managers with good contacts in the game but when he was left to his own devices and led by agents his time was up and should have retired years back. Now he has become a pariah in the local community.

They very likely would not have been able to sell their shares at all (and certainly not for the price they got) if they had not behaved in such an underhand way and ignored their contractual obligations to the Trust.

And that would have been tough, they have no right to profiteer by cheating the Trust and aiding and abetting putting the Trust in an effectively powerless situation and rendering our shares practically worthless. They got their millions by shafting the supporters, a very different scenario from an honest sale.
Login to get fewer ads

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:27 - Mar 10 with 2402 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Did you guys miss Jonathans_coat's post on page 2 of what Duff & Phelps actually d0?
Let me repeat it.
Our Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation Services include:
- Computation of Damages
- Asset Tracing
- Partnership Disputes asset and income tracing
- Unraveling complicated transactions
- Tracing funds and assets”

See number 3, Partnership Disputes asset and income tracing- Unraveling complicated transactions
The Yanks are facing their day in Court, have they brought these guys in to use in Court to prove that they were Sold a pup by Jenkins, Morgan & co?
If this guy goes through the paperwork he will show that the Yanks were lied to, badly advised and there is another court case showing the underhand dealings for him to refer to.
Jenkins & Morgan should be very worried indeed.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 12:57]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:28 - Mar 10 with 2401 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 09:56 - Mar 10 by dobjack2

If this is correct, it would appear that the financial foundations of the club have been built on sand for some time and seem that the basis of a financial mess was firmly in place before the share sale. It appears that all the new shareholders have done financially, apart from make some people very rich, is to be a source of cheaper credit.

If relegation was going to feck us totally financially, the desperate and crazy signings we made appear to have been an attempt to stay up at any cost. If we are in the financial mess that we appear to be in, perhaps it would have been more prudent to take this type of advice a few years ago to secure the long term stability of the club.

Time will tell how true this is and how much of a financial mess we are in, until then everyone, apart from those few who really know the true situation, is just speculating.

I thought I was told at an earlier Trust meeting when I asked that they were getting the same interest as the banks, and these were very short term loans covered by known incomings, so extremely low risk.

Edit: and relatively low amounts
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 11:31]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:33 - Mar 10 with 2370 viewsthornabyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:28 - Mar 10 by chad

I thought I was told at an earlier Trust meeting when I asked that they were getting the same interest as the banks, and these were very short term loans covered by known incomings, so extremely low risk.

Can the Trust confirm if they were consulted during the appointment process.
Apologies if this has already been covered but it would be nice to hear it from the horses mouth.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:44 - Mar 10 with 2340 viewsdobjack2

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:28 - Mar 10 by chad

Sure I read the bit about better credit but with so much going on I may well be wrong or have misinterpreted what I did read.

It’s about the short term loans that Morgan apparently made in the past to cover the cash flow between payments from the Premier League. As you say very little risk.

The only other financial stuff appears to be in selling the transfer instalment fees for some players to a bank I haven’t heard of before for up front cash (presumably far less than the fee payable). The stuff you can find on Companies House. I’m sure we previously used Santander for this but have no idea which was the better or probably more accurate to say least worst deal.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:46 - Mar 10 with 2326 viewschad

Our majority owners on their strategy if we were relegated from the PL....

Our opportunities for growing our commercial revenue are going to be dramatically hindered

Our primary and our secondary and our tertiary objective will be getting back there

When do we learn all we can do to realistically protect the long term future of professional football in Swansea is go legal.

The Trust have bent over backwards to get into bed with these creatures - happy to put our future in their hands. Openly lied and shamelessly manipulated about the previous deal

Had their eyes opened to what most could already see and were repeatedly telling them, and what they had previously been happy to discredit by fair means or foul.

But still at the top level of Trust representation think it ok to openly lie about and abuse members to manipulate to their own ends.

Openly refuse and mock requests for members to have an opportunity to comment on the ballot paper, to ensure, after the shambles of last time, it is at least fair and balanced (as even Lisa very clearly stated it was not last time).

Refuse to include the wider (actual) supporters in such a momentous decision. However are happy to let anyone join the Trust and vote, for a fiver / tenner (look how massively membership rose before and fell after the last vote)without a care for their motives, or if they care a fig for the future of professional football in Swansea or even if they exist or not.

Why have a damaging court case, your ability to sell the club frozen and the strong likelihood of having to personally fork out over £21m, plus expenses when you and your extended friendship and family groups real or imagined can make it all go away for a few thousand pounds worth of membership.

Mock and stamp over any polite debate tried to be brought up about the above and abuse members for fairly taking their turn to briefly raise less than a handful of questions at meetings, whilst sitting silent at the meeting themselves just using the protection of this website to lie and mock.

Slag members off between themselves in the corridors after meetings

Use this website as their own personal propaganda machine (denying members the right to a Trust website where decent debate may be fairly carried out). Here Trust officials lying about members, openly and falsely mocking constructive suggestions, and telling them to F off for presenting fair and honest concerns. All allowed and supported when they should be disciplinary offences.

Rather than now where ironically, the new rules introduced (supposedly to make the Trust more open) make it a disciplinary offence for any Trust representative to openly disagree with any policy agreed by the majority of the Trust Board. Of course as ECB agreed this is an absolute nonsense. In an organisation such as ours It stinks of internal protection and membership exclusion and is a shame on those that penned it and is telling of their style of internal control.

Quite honestly, unfortunately still currently a disgrace of an organisation and all those who support it in such behaviour. Shame the decent representatives are being dragged into this by association
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:55 - Mar 10 with 2291 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:27 - Mar 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you guys miss Jonathans_coat's post on page 2 of what Duff & Phelps actually d0?
Let me repeat it.
- Computation of Damages
- Asset Tracing

See number 3, Partnership Disputes asset and income tracing- Unraveling complicated transactions
The Yanks are facing their day in Court, have they brought these guys in to use in Court to prove that they were Sold a pup by Jenkins, Morgan & co?
If this guy goes through the paperwork he will show that the Yanks were lied to, badly advised and there is another court case showing the underhand dealings for him to refer to.

You don't need to appoint one of their guys as club chairman to employ their company for disputes between shareholders, do you?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:10 - Mar 10 with 2236 viewscostalotta

Is the e20 (or whatever Dims named himself this time) troll back / ban lifted ? Even though on ignore this thread has his signature, see him coming as always. Im tempted to have a read...for a laugh.

There again...
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:35 - Mar 10 with 2174 viewshobo

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:25 - Mar 10 by majorraglan

Haven’t seen any comment from the Trust regarding the appointment, were they aware and have they said anything?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:26]

Of course they were aware. The Americans' press statement explicitly said they'd be working in conjunction with the trust in finding a replacement. I doubt the trust have been sitting on their hands all this time. I've not seen any comment from them yet however, hence my asking them to explain their reasons for the appointment earlier in the thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:37 - Mar 10 with 2170 viewswaynekerr55

Do you know what, I'd have taken relegation soon after the Europe run if it meant our finances were better. And I'm not taking the proverbial either.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:42 - Mar 10 with 2152 viewswaynekerr55

Well it is though. Bolton went down not long after their exploits with Sam, as did Wigan.

The 8th place came at near financial ruin, hence where we are now.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:43 - Mar 10 with 2147 views34dfgdf54

Edit - misread
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 12:45]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:01 - Mar 10 with 2074 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:55 - Mar 10 by jasper_T

You don't need to appoint one of their guys as club chairman to employ their company for disputes between shareholders, do you?

That would depend on what a "Chairman could do that an "independent advisor" could not do.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:04 - Mar 10 with 2058 viewsthornabyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:37 - Mar 10 by waynekerr55

Do you know what, I'd have taken relegation soon after the Europe run if it meant our finances were better. And I'm not taking the proverbial either.

Easy to say that now though.
Lots of fans just want spend spend spend then the same people are the biggest moaners when it goes tits up.

Without the crazy decision to sign Bony and Andre Ayew we would be in the region of 40 million quid better off.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:21 - Mar 10 with 2011 viewsBadlands

Let me get this right.
We don't know if Birch has been appointed, but let's assume he will be.
We don't know if he is being brought in for to get the club financially secure and ready to sell, but let's assume he is.
That would mean the American consortium is preparing to leave.
So why are so many who have wanted them out now moaning about this move?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:24 - Mar 10 with 2002 viewsmajorraglan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:27 - Mar 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Let me repeat it.
- Computation of Damages
- Asset Tracing

Re Point 3, if he’s been brought in to work for them on a personal basis regarding a Court case and partnership dispute and is being paid by the club that in my opinion is wrong as the parties to a court case could include the Trust who are shareholders in the same company. If its a case of investigating other transactions and income tracing, because of some suspected wrong doing where the club is the “victim” then that is something else again.

I am sure we would all like clarity around this, his terms of reference etc but whether we get it I am not so sure. I think that all this seasons Parachute Payments and the first instalment of next seasons payments were sold in advance last summer, so things could be very difficult if there are no instalments due for a while. The club can try and cash in further anticipated payments, but that may become difficult if the finance companies believe there is any danger the club is in financial difficulties because I believe the PL can withhold and divert payments to cover the balance of transfer fees, payments of wages etc. This may be a bumpy ride.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:25 - Mar 10 with 2503 viewslonglostjack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:21 - Mar 10 by Badlands

Let me get this right.
We don't know if he is being brought in for to get the club financially secure and ready to sell, but let's assume he is.

They aren't going anywhere are they? They said so. .

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 2500 views34dfgdf54

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:21 - Mar 10 by Badlands

Let me get this right.

I think with his background people are now opening their eyes to the mess are in.

To be honest I thought with the cuts this year and a few more big earners off the books in the summer, we would be in a position to invest a few quid into the squad and get back on our feet financially. We are probably far worse off than I, and most others ever imagined if we need someone like Birch to come in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024