Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New chairman - Trevor Birch? 21:23 - Mar 9 with 40398 viewsNeathJack

[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:27]
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 07:40 - Mar 11 with 3023 viewsmagicdaps10

Lets get something right, I wanted Jenkins out because he was unfit for the job in the end.

And lets get something else straight here, I did not pick Birch, he was not the chairman I wanted.....he was the chairman the yanks wanted.

The spin is to twist all the failings of the Yanks/Jenkins onto the fans for calling them out. If you are unable to see the obvious then there is little hope.

I suggest you get down the liberty a bit more and support the club not stick a knife in it from the outside.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 07:54 - Mar 11 with 2992 viewsmagicdaps10

You really have the gaul to ask a question?

After all the questions you have eluded and then you have the gaul to request an answer!

Wether you are a WUM or a genuine do as I say individual, you need to up your game and start developing your social skills.

I am a gentleman and I will give you a answer in this one all the same........my choice would be Phil Sumbler, a man for the people, one with the club at heart and would certainly be one that would show the yanks are willing to build bridges.

I suspect that Mr Sumbler would not want the job for various reasons.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:06 - Mar 11 with 2808 viewsArnie

Who on earth are you talking to?

I’ll be back

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:26 - Mar 11 with 2765 viewswaynekerr55

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:06 - Mar 11 by Arnie

Who on earth are you talking to?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:29 - Mar 11 with 2759 viewsArnie

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:26 - Mar 11 by waynekerr55

Partridge. Classic.

I thought much the same.

Stamp your feet for change against all warnings and then throw your toys out when the chickens come home to roost.

The cheek of some on here is hilarious:

I’ll be back

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:33 - Mar 11 with 2752 viewswaynekerr55

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:29 - Mar 11 by Arnie

Partridge. Classic.

I thought much the same.

Stamp your feet for change against all warnings and then throw your toys out when the chickens come home to roost.

The cheek of some on here is hilarious:

Half a bottle of Blue Nunn?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:38 - Mar 11 with 2723 viewsA_Fans_Dad

In the Wales on line link that Darren posted is this comment by Pearlman dis-information?
"Furthermore, our financial position across all transfer windows in the past few years has shown a net loss."
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:45 - Mar 11 with 2698 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:38 - Mar 11 by A_Fans_Dad

In the Wales on line link that Darren posted is this comment by Pearlman dis-information?
"Furthermore, our financial position across all transfer windows in the past few years has shown a net loss."

What's wrong with it?
Login to get fewer ads

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:47 - Mar 11 with 2692 viewsBanosswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:33 - Mar 11 by waynekerr55

Half a bottle of Blue Nunn?

I think you'll find that buckfast is the connoisseurs choice these days.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:03 - Mar 11 with 2648 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:45 - Mar 11 by jasper_T

What's wrong with it?

Well did we make a "Net loss" on transfers over the last few years?
I seem to remember it as being profitable for the club.
I don't remember them investing all the transfer out sales money in transfer in purchases.
Is my memory playing around?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:04 - Mar 11 with 2646 viewsmagicdaps10

So ultimately, people who are moaning about the situation are 5 steps behind.......wether they are 5 steps behind or ahead, the yanks still have us over the barrell.

Your post basically confirms this but yet you are unable/unwilling to see this.

God, you truly are struggling to see from your own words the situation certain individuals have caused to the club.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:14 - Mar 11 with 2632 viewsbuilthjack

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 10:38 - Mar 11 by A_Fans_Dad

£58.1m profit on transfers over the last 5 years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:29 - Mar 11 with 2597 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:14 - Mar 11 by builthjack

I doubt Pearlman is including the years before his bosses bought their share of the club.

Reported figures for the past 3 years are about even when you include big loan & signing fees and things like Spurs cut of Gylfi's fee (we got £35m not £45m at the end of the day). And the fact is reported figures are often way over the top. Add in the annual jumps in wage obligations and a net loss is believable.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:01 - Mar 11 with 2514 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:29 - Mar 11 by jasper_T

I doubt Pearlman is including the years before his bosses bought their share of the club.

Reported figures for the past 3 years are about even when you include big loan & signing fees and things like Spurs cut of Gylfi's fee (we got £35m not £45m at the end of the day). And the fact is reported figures are often way over the top. Add in the annual jumps in wage obligations and a net loss is believable.

Wages are not transfers, what we don't see are all the little fees that add up, like Agents fees, travel, medicals etc.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:10 - Mar 11 with 2480 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:01 - Mar 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Wages are not transfers, what we don't see are all the little fees that add up, like Agents fees, travel, medicals etc.

Pearlman didn't say transfers though, did he. He said our financial position across transfer windows, which obviously includes wages.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:14 - Mar 11 with 2461 viewsUxbridge

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:14 - Mar 11 by builthjack

I wouldn't give that figure much credence. We wasted so much, especially in our last season in the top flight. Clucas, AAyew, Bony, there's £45m-£50m there if the reports are even remotely indicative. Then you can add the wages, whatever it cost to get Bony off the books, plus we're still exposed on both Ayew's wages, plus Baston. I think Narsingh is out of contract this summer? Don't think Dyer is though. We also took a hit on Clucas this summer. Plus, of course, there are fees (agent and player alike) on purchases and fees on sales, which nobody ever factors in to these figures.

The manager situation will have come at a cost too. We had to pay Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement off. That will have cost millions.

In the plus column? Not a lot. Gylfi is obvious. AAyew nets off at best. Llorente? Well we just spent that back on Bony. Mawson would have made a profit, although not nearly as high as many would have anticipated (although I don't put that down to much more than him being overrated).

The published accounts in previous years showed that the wage bill was running at uncomfortably high levels. That's manageable (if not desirable) when you retain your PL status, you're relatively stable as a club and you're not pressing the panic button every January. Which we weren't.

Whatever way you cut it, the football side of the business was being run poorly for the last few seasons. Not news, and not something that hadn't been previously called out. It's not hindsight to call this out. The Trust had been calling out for change and proper review of the football side of the house for years. Clearly things didn't change.

Whatever way you cut it, Jenkins screwed the pooch in the last few years. The fact he was allowed to do it makes other parties culpable. To say what happens next is some sort of "reap what you sow" moment for those who called this out is utter nonsense.

The realities are this, and none of this is anything other than public knowledge. Our budget will reduce, year on year, the longer we stay in the Championship. Whoever replaces Jenkins, they're inheriting a very challenging situation with difficult decisions needing to be made. Who, how and what they look to be is an issue in itself. However, to say they're being made because he's been removed is utter drivel.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 12:18]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:48 - Mar 11 with 2338 viewsbuilthjack

6am ? That's late for you

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:26 - Mar 11 with 2221 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 18:16 - Mar 10 by londonlisa2001

Coming from a poster that posted this gem:

“I would like to say a big thank you to the previous share holders, but especially Huw, for the effort and hard work they have put into running our club, and congratulations on your new found wealth, hopefully it will set you and your families up for life, I just watched Huw being interviewed in the Liberty, and couldn't help but notice the way he kept looking around the place, the expression on his face was not that of a man who had just picked up a fortune, but that of a man who realised that there was nothing more that he or his fellow share holders could do to carry on running Swansea City FC without risking our premier league status, whether they have sold to the right people only time will tell, so once again I would like to say thank you Huw, and welcome ( please don't feck it up) to our American cousins. “

you’ll forgive me if I say your opinion is worth little to me.

Perhaps you missed the irony Lisa

I would have thought you would have admired this approach

After all he is just suggesting I respond in like to your abuse and your repeated false accusations that I called you a liar, when I did not, as it is plain to see from the post to which you are referring.

Which in itself was only a response to your seeming denials of censorship.

Or pherhaps it is just ok for you Lisa. I recall before you knew I was a woman and a group of us were chatting, I simply said I was going to make myself a cuppa. You went on a bemusing rant at me something to the effect that I was being sexist and suggesting I was inferring you should make the tea because you are a woman. Seriously Lisa!

No one is more important than you Lisa, but neither is anyone less important. So in that spirit let us have a little balance.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:43 - Mar 11 with 2163 viewsThornburyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 12:14 - Mar 11 by Uxbridge

I wouldn't give that figure much credence. We wasted so much, especially in our last season in the top flight. Clucas, AAyew, Bony, there's £45m-£50m there if the reports are even remotely indicative. Then you can add the wages, whatever it cost to get Bony off the books, plus we're still exposed on both Ayew's wages, plus Baston. I think Narsingh is out of contract this summer? Don't think Dyer is though. We also took a hit on Clucas this summer. Plus, of course, there are fees (agent and player alike) on purchases and fees on sales, which nobody ever factors in to these figures.

The manager situation will have come at a cost too. We had to pay Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement off. That will have cost millions.

In the plus column? Not a lot. Gylfi is obvious. AAyew nets off at best. Llorente? Well we just spent that back on Bony. Mawson would have made a profit, although not nearly as high as many would have anticipated (although I don't put that down to much more than him being overrated).

The published accounts in previous years showed that the wage bill was running at uncomfortably high levels. That's manageable (if not desirable) when you retain your PL status, you're relatively stable as a club and you're not pressing the panic button every January. Which we weren't.

Whatever way you cut it, the football side of the business was being run poorly for the last few seasons. Not news, and not something that hadn't been previously called out. It's not hindsight to call this out. The Trust had been calling out for change and proper review of the football side of the house for years. Clearly things didn't change.

Whatever way you cut it, Jenkins screwed the pooch in the last few years. The fact he was allowed to do it makes other parties culpable. To say what happens next is some sort of "reap what you sow" moment for those who called this out is utter nonsense.

The realities are this, and none of this is anything other than public knowledge. Our budget will reduce, year on year, the longer we stay in the Championship. Whoever replaces Jenkins, they're inheriting a very challenging situation with difficult decisions needing to be made. Who, how and what they look to be is an issue in itself. However, to say they're being made because he's been removed is utter drivel.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 12:18]

Good post that Ux, unusual for this thread but nice to see
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:46 - Mar 11 with 2150 viewshobo

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 11:29 - Mar 11 by jasper_T

We received north of £40m for Sigurdsson. Spurs had a sell on fee, but it was around 10% if I remember correctly
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:56 - Mar 11 with 2126 viewschad

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 19:45 - Mar 10 by magicdaps10

It is the usual thread kill!!

The spin is incredible on this site by some. The absolute shocking call that people were wrong to call out Jenkins for his antics is baffling at best........as if we are getting what we deserve.

If it is wrong for being worried for your club being sold to wrong people for the wrong reasons, wrong for concern for disastrous transfer windows that were as clear as day, wrong to be wary of promises and statements from the people in charge......then yes the fans are to blame.

The waft of lies, deceit and treachery are getting clearer and clearer by the week yet for some reason, some are content to question our attitude towards the americans/former board members.

I do question wether some on here are true fans of Swansea City because for me, the point of sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious went a long time ago.

The time for knocking the trust is not now and anyone who is willing and content to do so in my eyes is doing so with an agenda. We need the trust now more than ever, I am not interested in what has been said, done or not done.......the time is to pull together and get these yanks out of our club.

Would it not be more logical to keep them in our club, until the legal action is resolved. It certainly would make it hard to sell anyway

My agenda is fairness and honesty and what is best to protect the future of professional football in Swansea.

Why would wanting to ensure people (real or imaginary) are not allowed to sign up to the Trust and vote merely to protect the sellouts and new majority owners from legal action and the strong likelihood of having to cough up over £21m plus expenses be something you would want to shut up

Why would you condone abuse and lies from a Trust official merely because I suggested at a meeting that any interested members from all viewpoints should be briefly allowed to review the voting papers to ensure the bias of last time, that even Lisa made very clear, is not repeated. That it fairy represents all the main arguments and concerns re any options we are able to select from. In fact that would be very prudent to protect the Trust from the same accusations
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:40 - Mar 11 with 2036 viewsQJumpingJack

Whoever is appointed Swans chairman will hopefully be happy to attend a fans forum organised by the Trust - ideally before the end of the season?
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 2023 viewsjasper_T

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 13:46 - Mar 11 by hobo

We received north of £40m for Sigurdsson. Spurs had a sell on fee, but it was around 10% if I remember correctly

Pearlman stated that we only received £35m max for Gylfi after Spurs were paid. Every other figure bandied about is newspaper rumour taken as fact as far as I'm aware.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:51 - Mar 11 with 2000 viewsThornburyswan

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:40 - Mar 11 by QJumpingJack

Whoever is appointed Swans chairman will hopefully be happy to attend a fans forum organised by the Trust - ideally before the end of the season?

Possibly although suspect that may depend on whether the Trust go down the legal action route in the upcoming vote.
New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 15:29 - Mar 11 with 1940 views34dfgdf54

New chairman - Trevor Birch? on 14:45 - Mar 11 by jasper_T

Pearlman stated that we only received £35m max for Gylfi after Spurs were paid. Every other figure bandied about is newspaper rumour taken as fact as far as I'm aware.

I’m sure Phil has always said publicly that the figure of £38m which is banded up about is even wide of the mark.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024