Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread 17:31 - Mar 11 with 45082 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 19:08]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 with 2358 viewslonglostjack

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:52 - Mar 13 by AnotherJohn

We have some patches of quality, but overall possess an inadequate squad that we can't afford, I can only see things going downhill from here,

You’ve seen the accounts have you?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 with 2341 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:51 - Mar 13 by phact0rri

mind he's only got one of those for selection tonight.

So he went into the season knowing if McBurnie was unavailable we would have no striker to play with. He knew that and said publicly he was happy.

Either he is an idiot, or he's a liar who is happy to be a yes man to the people in charge.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Mar 13 with 2321 views34dfgdf54

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 by ItchySphincter

Re-read the thread when you’ve sobered up you embarrassing mess.

Sobered up? I don’t drink on school nights.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:57 - Mar 13 with 2257 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 by controversial_jack

Potter has been sussed out

Even though we should have scored 4 or 5 goals.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:57 - Mar 13 with 2249 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:15 - Mar 13 by Elward

Celina did slip, but it was avoidable. Sideways stance and attempting to sell the keeper and chip him

You're all mind readers fair play

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:59 - Mar 13 with 2187 viewsItchySphincter

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Mar 13 by 34dfgdf54

Sobered up? I don’t drink on school nights.

Warra bell .

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Mar 13 with 2159 viewsElmo

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:52 - Mar 13 by AnotherJohn

We have some patches of quality, but overall possess an inadequate squad that we can't afford, I can only see things going downhill from here,

Kinell, how predictable you miserable pleb
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Mar 13 with 2145 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So he went into the season knowing if McBurnie was unavailable we would have no striker to play with. He knew that and said publicly he was happy.

Either he is an idiot, or he's a liar who is happy to be a yes man to the people in charge.

Obviously just put a brave face on and said it for the press.

He just played the game.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:03 - Mar 13 with 2067 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:29 - Mar 13 by Jonathans_coat

We’ve battered them in terms of football played. Just fluffed every chance we’ve created!

And then some powderpuff goalkeeping from 2 set pieces, and hey presto, we’re f**ked!

Exactly. But we were creating chances yet again.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Mar 13 with 2029 viewsdickythorpe

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:03 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

Creating but not a clue on converting.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:06 - Mar 13 with 2001 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Mar 13 by dickythorpe

Creating but not a clue on converting.

Agreed Dickie, , but can you really blame potter for that
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:06 - Mar 13 with 1999 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:03 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

I can see the positives but we did concede the goals regardless how powder puff they were and we didnt score.

We are a club on the slide with a board who are not willing to put anything in and sell anything they can......the rot is setting in and the frustration is only going to get worse.

The next level.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Mar 13 with 1991 viewsperplex

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:52 - Mar 13 by Oldjack

what else is he supposed to say .He's a good manager ,just hasn't been given the right tools

The guy dispite being an ok coach is a yes man happy to be in a well payed job, he also knows he is in a pretty good situation because of the lack of support from those who own the assess he licks.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Mar 13 with 1987 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:23 - Mar 13 by dickythorpe

Ambitious fans were Lisa. We hoped Potter would have worked on weaknesses but we still concede soft goals and don't look like we can finish a breakfast!

Our shooting is laughable for a professional team.

We can't finish because we don't have goal scorers. It's as simple as that. Plenty of managers have failed to turn the likes of Routs and Dyer into goal machines - Potter isn't going to change that. McKay has never been a goal scorer. Dan hasn't. Byers has, but not at this level. Celina is the best of the rest, but hardly prolific.

Potter's been left the dregs and inexperienced. The core of our midfield is 22, 22 and 23 yrs old. No wise head in the middle to keep the game ticking over. No backup CF except a guy who has only ever scored goals in one season, the 6th tier (and who struggled in our U23s).

You can try to polish a turd, but it will still be a turd. We're just holding this together. Lose one or more of Ollie, Dan or VDH next season out of this team and we'll be more worried about relegation than promotion, whoever the manager is.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Mar 13 with 1977 viewsElward

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:57 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

You're all mind readers fair play

From his stance, distance from the ball, angle the standing leg was facing and the run up with the obvious outcome of what happened, you don't need to be a mind reader. It is clear as day what he was trying to do and he either had 2nd thoughts and was too late to lose the momentum or he just isn't as skilled as he thinks he is.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 22:10]
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:08 - Mar 13 with 1958 viewssioni

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:47 - Mar 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Since you asked...

Thanks, Tummer. Missed the first 60 mins. Having seen this think I’m glad.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:11 - Mar 13 with 1894 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Mar 13 by perplex

The guy dispite being an ok coach is a yes man happy to be in a well payed job, he also knows he is in a pretty good situation because of the lack of support from those who own the assess he licks.

Stupid fckn post. Jesus wept. With what he's got he's doing as well as anyone could.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 13 with 1780 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 by controversial_jack

Potter has been sussed out

Nothing to do with being sussed out. Simply mistakes. We are conceding goals from the only attacks we are letting through. That's not tactics, that's individual mistakes.
We are creating plenty of chances, just not being able to finish them. That's not tactics, that's individual ability.

So we are creating plenty of chances, having way more possession than the opposition and conceding few chances. That what we want right? The tactics are fine.

We need our players to stop the few chances we concede and score the chances that we create.
That is either down to extra practice, or buying new players right?

How is that down to Potter's tactics?
How can a change in tactics help score from the chances we create?

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:19 - Mar 13 with 1769 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You're an idiot and a liar if anyone is butt

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:22 - Mar 13 with 1721 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:19 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

You're an idiot and a liar if anyone is butt

How am I a liar? If you're going to post something like that at least provide an example.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Mar 13 with 1711 viewssioni

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:52 - Mar 13 by 34dfgdf54

What?

He tried chipping it down the middle and bottled out and duffed it.

Yep. Everything these days has to be a chip, dip, hesitation or swerve. Looks as if he lost the plot or got in a knot.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Mar 13 with 1700 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:22 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How am I a liar? If you're going to post something like that at least provide an example.

You say you're a Swansea fan for one you fuking weasel

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Mar 13 with 1604 viewsploppy

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

Nothing to do with being sussed out. Simply mistakes. We are conceding goals from the only attacks we are letting through. That's not tactics, that's individual mistakes.
We are creating plenty of chances, just not being able to finish them. That's not tactics, that's individual ability.

So we are creating plenty of chances, having way more possession than the opposition and conceding few chances. That what we want right? The tactics are fine.

We need our players to stop the few chances we concede and score the chances that we create.

The voice of reason.

We should have been out of sight by half time. Connor hit the post, Routledge and James both missed gilt-edged chances by shooting straight at their keeper, and Celina's had a mare with the penalty. We created lots of chances so we can't blame tactics.

What we can blame is shocking defending and a coward of a goalkeeper..
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 13 with 1581 viewsperplex

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:11 - Mar 13 by sainthelens

Stupid fckn post. Jesus wept. With what he's got he's doing as well as anyone could.

Read the post and concentrate you Muppet, as it states he,s an ok coach its just a shame his tongue is stuck so far up the owners backside, if he had any bottle he would man up and ridicule the fcukers for there lack of support.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 13 with 1579 viewstheloneranger

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:18 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

It is down to tactics,

The defending of set pieces ...

In just 2 matches against 1 team, WBA ... 5 set pieces, near post, far post, centre of 6 yard box ... 5 goals!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024