Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread 17:31 - Mar 11 with 45715 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 19:08]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Mar 13 with 2676 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Mar 13 by Elward

From his stance, distance from the ball, angle the standing leg was facing and the run up with the obvious outcome of what happened, you don't need to be a mind reader. It is clear as day what he was trying to do and he either had 2nd thoughts and was too late to lose the momentum or he just isn't as skilled as he thinks he is.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 22:10]

His foot slipped.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:38 - Mar 13 with 2655 viewsperplex

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

You say you're a Swansea fan for one you fuking weasel

Well he seems a lot more clued up as to what is going on than you, that's for sure.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Mar 13 with 2656 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 13 by perplex

Read the post and concentrate you Muppet, as it states he,s an ok coach its just a shame his tongue is stuck so far up the owners backside, if he had any bottle he would man up and ridicule the fcukers for there lack of support.

Why would he? He knows the score. It'd be like me berating my missus daily because she's not Cindy Crawford., She knows it. I knew it when I married her. It'd be a bit stupid to moan about it now.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:41 - Mar 13 with 2637 viewsElward

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Mar 13 by LeonWasGod

His foot slipped.

Yes, and that was the reason why
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:45 - Mar 13 with 2605 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:34 - Mar 13 by perplex

Read the post and concentrate you Muppet, as it states he,s an ok coach its just a shame his tongue is stuck so far up the owners backside, if he had any bottle he would man up and ridicule the fcukers for there lack of support.

Ridicule the owners, name me a manager that has done that whilst in the job. Get real pal, wer all hurting but having a pop at Potts is not the way.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:50 - Mar 13 with 2566 viewsperplex

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Mar 13 by LeonWasGod

Why would he? He knows the score. It'd be like me berating my missus daily because she's not Cindy Crawford., She knows it. I knew it when I married her. It'd be a bit stupid to moan about it now.

Mate I doubt very much he knew the extent of the lack of support he was going to get, saying that maybe even if he did he would have accepted it just to be given the job, that's the impression he seems to be giving out, the jury is out on his ability as a manager but it's pretty factual that he lacks a backbone in standing up against his employers.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 2558 viewsElmo

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Mar 13 by ploppy

The voice of reason.

We should have been out of sight by half time. Connor hit the post, Routledge and James both missed gilt-edged chances by shooting straight at their keeper, and Celina's had a mare with the penalty. We created lots of chances so we can't blame tactics.

What we can blame is shocking defending and a coward of a goalkeeper..

Good post, AND (not But), Potter needs to :
- instil a steely hardiness (averse to his outward persona, so a big challenge)
- slap our defence and keeper
- bolster our #10 (Celina??) to be contributing more, esp re goals
- find and coach a natural leader on the pitch
- get his sergeant major staff to work harder on belief and end product
AND:
- instil a steely hardiness (averse to his outward persona, so a big challenge) - THE BIGGEST challenge by far
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:52 - Mar 13 with 2555 viewsWxmJax

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:30 - Mar 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Great goal by Mane.

Enjoy your night shift, or have they not called you in tonight ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:59 - Mar 13 with 2506 viewsperplex

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:45 - Mar 13 by sainthelens

Ridicule the owners, name me a manager that has done that whilst in the job. Get real pal, wer all hurting but having a pop at Potts is not the way.

Ffs plenty of managers do stop being so dumb, your words stop saying having a go at Potts sums you up, can you not remember the pts his decisions have cost us this season, we are now just above the bottom few teams, he is ok but nothing special, as you seem to think.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 23:01]
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:25 - Mar 13 with 2398 viewsBytholWyn

Just seen the highlights on Quest - how unlucky can you be?

Nordfeldt could have done better for the first goal - but we should have better protection at the near post. With the penalty Dawson should have been sent off, as his challenge prevented a certain goal and did not satisfy this criteria: "a player who commits a foul while tackling in a "fair and reasonable" attempt to play the ball will only receive a yellow card for this offence [in the penalty area], because it is considered that the penalty kick recreates the goalscoring opportunity that was lost by the foul.". A penalty does not recreate a goalsocoring opportunity if a player has a tap in from 4 yards.

The second Albion goal involved blatant climbing on VDH, who wasn't even able to get off the ground because of the downward pressure exerted by Holgate.

The last goal - unlucky that Carter-Vickers' sliced clearance fell straight to Rodriguez.

And that's before you consider how close we came to scoring on umpteen occasions. We just need to take it on the chin. Far more to feel encouraged about than discouraged from what I saw.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:50 - Mar 13 with 2341 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:38 - Mar 13 by perplex

Well he seems a lot more clued up as to what is going on than you, that's for sure.

Commenting on someone being clued up with a name like that

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:06 - Mar 14 with 2286 viewsbuilthjack

Just in from the game. How didn't we score ? Quite a few clear chances, but failed to take them.
Should have been out of sight by half time. Story of our season.
3-0 but didn't deserve that. Change the keeper again Potter please.
The penalty, oh boy.
About 650 away fans approx, and a couple of boxes taken up by Dutch fans, who appear to be regulars again.
Time for kip.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:13 - Mar 14 with 2277 viewsElmo

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:06 - Mar 14 by builthjack

Just in from the game. How didn't we score ? Quite a few clear chances, but failed to take them.
Should have been out of sight by half time. Story of our season.
3-0 but didn't deserve that. Change the keeper again Potter please.
The penalty, oh boy.
About 650 away fans approx, and a couple of boxes taken up by Dutch fans, who appear to be regulars again.
Time for kip.

Tidy. Thanks for the fans' matchday feedback.

A proper Swans fan (as opposed to the part-time Trust lackeys who offer nothing, not even an away-game insight; Pitiful, embarrassing)
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:37 - Mar 14 with 2243 viewssainthelens

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:59 - Mar 13 by perplex

Ffs plenty of managers do stop being so dumb, your words stop saying having a go at Potts sums you up, can you not remember the pts his decisions have cost us this season, we are now just above the bottom few teams, he is ok but nothing special, as you seem to think.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 23:01]

I never said he was special, but I think you probably are.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:33 - Mar 14 with 2020 viewsSmellyplumz

Season over

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:43 - Mar 14 with 2006 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 13 by longlostjack

You’ve seen the accounts have you?

How many of those on the field last night, apart from our 'high earners', do you suppose will be here next season? You don't need to see the accounts to understand the messages about 'hard medicine' and the significance of the Birch appointment.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 7:44]
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:45 - Mar 14 with 1999 viewsjackrmee

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:33 - Mar 14 by Smellyplumz

Season over

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:48 - Mar 14 with 1991 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:00 - Mar 13 by Elmo

Kinell, how predictable you miserable pleb

Another happy clapper who hasn't yet realised the gravity of our situation.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:44 - Mar 14 with 1905 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:25 - Mar 13 by BytholWyn

Just seen the highlights on Quest - how unlucky can you be?

Nordfeldt could have done better for the first goal - but we should have better protection at the near post. With the penalty Dawson should have been sent off, as his challenge prevented a certain goal and did not satisfy this criteria: "a player who commits a foul while tackling in a "fair and reasonable" attempt to play the ball will only receive a yellow card for this offence [in the penalty area], because it is considered that the penalty kick recreates the goalscoring opportunity that was lost by the foul.". A penalty does not recreate a goalsocoring opportunity if a player has a tap in from 4 yards.

The second Albion goal involved blatant climbing on VDH, who wasn't even able to get off the ground because of the downward pressure exerted by Holgate.

The last goal - unlucky that Carter-Vickers' sliced clearance fell straight to Rodriguez.

And that's before you consider how close we came to scoring on umpteen occasions. We just need to take it on the chin. Far more to feel encouraged about than discouraged from what I saw.

The simple way to look at our situation is to say we’re missing a real midfield general who looks more forward then back. The amount of time we manage to break up an attack and then through sheer procrastination manage to squander quick attacking opportunities is the real story of our season. When you have a player with the pace of Dan James why aren’t we lifting it over the top for him to run on to? I know it’s a bit hoof ball but sometimes when you’re lacking certain players you just have to mix it up a bit, if only just to keep the opposition on their toes. Sometimes I feel our aim is to pass the ball mostly sideways and backwards to send the oppo off to sleep!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:25 - Mar 14 with 1857 viewstrinityann

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:44 - Mar 14 by Brynmill_Jack

The simple way to look at our situation is to say we’re missing a real midfield general who looks more forward then back. The amount of time we manage to break up an attack and then through sheer procrastination manage to squander quick attacking opportunities is the real story of our season. When you have a player with the pace of Dan James why aren’t we lifting it over the top for him to run on to? I know it’s a bit hoof ball but sometimes when you’re lacking certain players you just have to mix it up a bit, if only just to keep the opposition on their toes. Sometimes I feel our aim is to pass the ball mostly sideways and backwards to send the oppo off to sleep!

Liverpool last night were playing alot of long diagonal balls to Mane and Salah. Pretty passing is only one route to goal.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:32 - Mar 14 with 1832 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:45 - Mar 14 by jackrmee

🤣🤣🤣

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 1782 viewsvetchonian

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:44 - Mar 14 by Brynmill_Jack

The problem is I think due to Potter being briefed by HJ when he joined/at interview about how we wanted/needed to return to the passing style football we had adopted under Roberto et al.
As a result our manager is trying too hard to keep this "coached" into our players about keeping the ball in possession....not a bad thing as as long as we have the ball the oppostion cannot score.... but sometimes we try to be too clever in front of our own goal.
We forget that even under Roberto , Brendan and Laudrup Ash used to ping long diagonal balls across the heads of the midfield for our wingers or full backs to run onto with great effect

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 1726 viewsBrad_Bobbly

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:45 - Mar 14 by jackrmee

Hahahahaha

Concede 4 goals against the mighty Norwich and West Brom without scoring a single goal ourselves yet we are going to beat the best team in England at the weekend.

And can you all stop saying we’re unlucky? It’s the kind of guff Cardiff fans come out with. We aren’t unlucky, we are bad in defence and we don’t score enough goals.

Combine the two and it’s why we are 15th, the league table never lies!
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:06 - Mar 14 with 1691 viewsjasper_T

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:04 - Mar 14 by vetchonian

The problem is I think due to Potter being briefed by HJ when he joined/at interview about how we wanted/needed to return to the passing style football we had adopted under Roberto et al.
As a result our manager is trying too hard to keep this "coached" into our players about keeping the ball in possession....not a bad thing as as long as we have the ball the oppostion cannot score.... but sometimes we try to be too clever in front of our own goal.
We forget that even under Roberto , Brendan and Laudrup Ash used to ping long diagonal balls across the heads of the midfield for our wingers or full backs to run onto with great effect

So even Potter's preferred playing style isn't his responsibility now?

The man's getting the benefit of every doubt imaginable.
The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:48 - Mar 14 with 1632 viewsperplex

The Official WBA vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:50 - Mar 13 by jackrmee

Commenting on someone being clued up with a name like that

Oh look you have given yourself a rolling smiley, you like laughing at your own jokes I see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024