Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope this comes off. 18:12 - Mar 11 with 2038 viewsMuteswan

Used these changing rooms way back in the early 70’s, as my home ground was Underhill.
Pretty grim then, so it would be great to have the updated pitch and facilities.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk//multi-million-upgrade-popular-mumbles-15955146
Hope this comes off. on 20:37 - Mar 11 with 1814 viewsbonymine

Got bad vibes about Underhill Park .....

Was sent off there playing rugby for Olchfa against Mumbles in my teens and as a consequence I got the cane 10 times from Curtis Grove the Headmaster for ‘Bringing the name of the school into disrepute’ .....can you ever imagine that happening nowadays !! 😳🙈

I also played there in a trial for Swansea Schoolboys football back in the 1970s and didn’t get into the squad either !! 🙈😉

God I hate the Mumbles on the Gower 🙈😉🤣

The Mumbles Mile and Cinderella’s were legendary back in the day we had some great times there 👍😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Hope this comes off. on 20:39 - Mar 11 with 1809 viewsdickythorpe

Good idea, but Mumbles RFC are hardly likely to go any higher than Div 1 west.
The community will have to support it and whoever is running it will have to promote it fervently and get it booked up so it will pay for itself hopefully.
I can tell you that many will want it, but to get volunteers once novelty has rubbed off is hard work.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 20:40]
Hope this comes off. on 21:49 - Mar 11 with 1684 viewsunion_jack

The ‘how it will look’ sketch is included in the piece. That means only on thing sadly!

Talking of which, where is the new arena, bridge, hotel, park etc. destined for Oystermouth Road? I haven’t seen any progress on that lately.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hope this comes off. on 00:03 - Mar 15 with 1190 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Hope this comes off. on 20:37 - Mar 11 by bonymine

Got bad vibes about Underhill Park .....

Was sent off there playing rugby for Olchfa against Mumbles in my teens and as a consequence I got the cane 10 times from Curtis Grove the Headmaster for ‘Bringing the name of the school into disrepute’ .....can you ever imagine that happening nowadays !! 😳🙈

I also played there in a trial for Swansea Schoolboys football back in the 1970s and didn’t get into the squad either !! 🙈😉

God I hate the Mumbles on the Gower 🙈😉🤣

The Mumbles Mile and Cinderella’s were legendary back in the day we had some great times there 👍😉

Curtis Grove - sounds like it should be a street name doesn't it. He was my father's teacher in Dynevor in the 50's as well as our Headmaster. You didn't head butt deputy dawg did you, as I would know who you are. Probably do anyway if you are 50-51 ish ….

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024