Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opinions on Trevor Birch 18:29 - Mar 11 with 7517 viewsSTID2017

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expert-views-trevor-b
As a club we are in a terrible financial mess IMHO and it seems like Trevor Birch may be what we need

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:04 - Mar 13 with 1952 viewsNeath_Jack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:00 - Mar 13 by Darran

His use of vocabulary shows he’s not a Swansea fan.

And here comes the leader of the pack right on time

Are you telling me that Haydn hasn't followed this club for 40 plus years? If he has chucked his hand in following us due to him not agreeing with how things are going down there, does he automatically become a cardiff fan?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1914 viewsLeonWasGod

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:36 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

I like this bit

“I THINK” we’re more vulnerable

Owned by a Hedge Fund

That are not prepared to put money into Swansea

Just about to announce that an insolvency expert to take charge of Swansea City

And a big black hole that will only partially improve by selling some of the best youngsters that Swansea have

And you think that Swansea are only a bit vulnerable

It was only last week that I was asked by posters to show proof that there was a black hole in the accounts

You don’t need much better proof, when Swansea are just about to announce an insolvency expert is taking charge of the club

Wait a bit

I will possibly be asked for proof that this guy is taking over next

Of course it's only my thought - I'm not privy to the current status of the accounts. Yes, you've just repeated back why I think we're vulnerable (I didn't say a "bit" vulnerable either).

Of course we were facing a black hole this season. Every club that gets relegated does - we had PL costs and have gone to Championship income. It's not rocket science. The owners aren't prepared to plug that shortfall in terms of debt so we have been cutting costs (and presumably still need to). We'll be facing a black hole until we get our PL-level costs off the books. And then face another one next year when the income drops again. And then a bigger one the year after.

I'm not sure why there's so much discussion around this on here. It's bleedingly obvious what's happening.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:18 - Mar 13 with 1913 viewsDarran

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:04 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

Are you telling me that Haydn hasn't followed this club for 40 plus years? If he has chucked his hand in following us due to him not agreeing with how things are going down there, does he automatically become a cardiff fan?

I haven’t mentioned Cardiff City but if you’ve been reading his posts over the last few months and can’t see that he currently hates Swansea City perhaps it would be a good idea to get someone to read them to you.

Oh and I’m not a leader of anything I can barely bring myself to post on this depressing place anymore.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 14:01 - Mar 13 with 1872 viewsNeath_Jack

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:18 - Mar 13 by Darran

I haven’t mentioned Cardiff City but if you’ve been reading his posts over the last few months and can’t see that he currently hates Swansea City perhaps it would be a good idea to get someone to read them to you.

Oh and I’m not a leader of anything I can barely bring myself to post on this depressing place anymore.

Well you chose to comment on my question of whether he is a cardiff fan, as keeps getting repeated on here.

So if you haven't got an answer to the specific question i asked, maybe it would be a good idea to not interject.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 14:38 - Mar 13 with 1834 viewsDarran

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 14:01 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

Well you chose to comment on my question of whether he is a cardiff fan, as keeps getting repeated on here.

So if you haven't got an answer to the specific question i asked, maybe it would be a good idea to not interject.

You’re very rude.

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 14:59 - Mar 13 with 1807 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:17 - Mar 13 by LeonWasGod

Of course it's only my thought - I'm not privy to the current status of the accounts. Yes, you've just repeated back why I think we're vulnerable (I didn't say a "bit" vulnerable either).

Of course we were facing a black hole this season. Every club that gets relegated does - we had PL costs and have gone to Championship income. It's not rocket science. The owners aren't prepared to plug that shortfall in terms of debt so we have been cutting costs (and presumably still need to). We'll be facing a black hole until we get our PL-level costs off the books. And then face another one next year when the income drops again. And then a bigger one the year after.

I'm not sure why there's so much discussion around this on here. It's bleedingly obvious what's happening.

At the moment nobody knows the exact dept. Only that businesses/football clubs are in big trouble when they lose £60 million income overnight

It’s not just the players that have to be got rid of, but the whole restructuring of the club has got to be done

Not just tinkering, as what’s happened so far, but bigger surgery needs to be done and pretty fast at that

How can you keep a Category One Accadamy for starters for a relatively small club

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s one of the first to go

I was informed last week by the Lone Ranger that 15k season tickets had been sold before relegation last season

Let’s see what the figure will be for next season

I would suspect it’s the above statistics that has led to Trevor Birch’s appointment
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:03 - Mar 13 with 1803 viewsLuther27

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:04 - Mar 12 by jasper_T

We probably still have small long-term debts relative to most football clubs, but the large deficit makes the prospect of mounting very debt alarming, especially as we don't have owners willing to lend the club hundreds of millions interest free out of the goodness of their hearts, praying for a PL windfall to one day potentially break even.

Think I read on this site that Martin Morgan use to tide us over with guaranteed loans until the Sky money was paid. I think those days are long gone due to the ever increasing amounts required hence the need for new owners.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:11 - Mar 13 with 1790 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:04 - Mar 13 by Neath_Jack

I appreciate in what you have written

But whatever Darren writes about me is like water off a duck’s back

If ever a man goes with the tide, it’s that person

It really hurts what has happened to a club I supported with such vigour, but I saw many years ago what was going to happen

In fact from the day that Swansea won promotion to the Premier League it was obvious to me exactly what was going to happen

Happened

The saying “That money turns heads” is true and absolutely in the case of the old Swansea City Directors

The only thing I couldn’t work out was how they were going to get around this agreement with the Trust

This “Shareholders agreement” that was supposed to be there

And yet when the shareholders have 75% of any buisness. They have total control of that buisness
Login to get fewer ads

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:17 - Mar 13 with 1775 viewsjasper_T

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:03 - Mar 13 by Luther27

Think I read on this site that Martin Morgan use to tide us over with guaranteed loans until the Sky money was paid. I think those days are long gone due to the ever increasing amounts required hence the need for new owners.

Levien and Kaplan have been loaning us sums ahead of guaranteed income as well, at normal bank rates. Short-term only, obviously, not the types of sums eternally outstanding at the majority of Championship sides (and a lot of PL ones, too).

Maintaining cashflow has always been a massive challenge, even when we were (publicly portrayed as) well run.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:17 - Mar 13 with 1773 viewsDarran

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:11 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

I appreciate in what you have written

But whatever Darren writes about me is like water off a duck’s back

If ever a man goes with the tide, it’s that person

It really hurts what has happened to a club I supported with such vigour, but I saw many years ago what was going to happen

In fact from the day that Swansea won promotion to the Premier League it was obvious to me exactly what was going to happen

Happened

The saying “That money turns heads” is true and absolutely in the case of the old Swansea City Directors

The only thing I couldn’t work out was how they were going to get around this agreement with the Trust

This “Shareholders agreement” that was supposed to be there

And yet when the shareholders have 75% of any buisness. They have total control of that buisness

I haven’t written anything about you and what tide do I go with?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:26 - Mar 13 with 1751 viewsLuther27

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:17 - Mar 13 by jasper_T

Levien and Kaplan have been loaning us sums ahead of guaranteed income as well, at normal bank rates. Short-term only, obviously, not the types of sums eternally outstanding at the majority of Championship sides (and a lot of PL ones, too).

Maintaining cashflow has always been a massive challenge, even when we were (publicly portrayed as) well run.

Agreed...that's why the original board had to look for owners with a larger overdraft facility to keep us afloat. Without that we may have had one maybe two years in the Premiership before relegation...and then have to look for new owners.
Anyway..all that's been kicked to death on here. I'm still confused as to why Birch hasn't yet been announced officially by the club.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:37 - Mar 13 with 1730 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:17 - Mar 13 by jasper_T

Where have you seen that then??.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:17 - Mar 13 with 1698 viewsjasper_T

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:37 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Which part?
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:22 - Mar 13 with 1687 viewstheloneranger

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 15:37 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Questions put to Jason Levein and Steve Kaplan Sept 2018

Have you put any of your own money into the club?

JL: "[Yes] Our own funds and put them into the club for advanced payments we would receive otherwise, but were waiting on. We have done that on multiple occasions and, where appropriate, we will continue to do that because we want the club on a more sound financial footing. So we stepped in and did that last season, and we have done it this season. We want to be thoughtful about it, but there are resources and planning behind that to make sure the club is financially secure."

In terms of that money you put in, does it return to you once those payments come in? Is there a requirement for that money to come back to you out of the football club?

JL: "If we did not have that money back then it would be equity. We would be putting equity in, we have not done that. If we put equity in then there would be no requirement for it to come back to us. Up to now, we have said that they are advances to the club that banks will not give us, and we are ready to step in and do that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396360
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 16:23]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:34 - Mar 13 with 1669 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:22 - Mar 13 by theloneranger

JL: "[Yes] Our own funds and put them into the club for advanced payments we would receive otherwise, but were waiting on. We have done that on multiple occasions and, where appropriate, we will continue to do that because we want the club on a more sound financial footing. So we stepped in and did that last season, and we have done it this season. We want to be thoughtful about it, but there are resources and planning behind that to make sure the club is financially secure."

In terms of that money you put in, does it return to you once those payments come in? Is there a requirement for that money to come back to you out of the football club?

JL: "If we did not have that money back then it would be equity. We would be putting equity in, we have not done that. If we put equity in then there would be no requirement for it to come back to us. Up to now, we have said that they are advances to the club that banks will not give us, and we are ready to step in and do that."

Well, well

There’s your answer in you asking me for proof in whather the Yanks have taken money out of the club

Yes it’s a relativly a small amount, but if they can do that for a short time loan to a club that they own

Where will it stop

Mind you it didn’t say that they took any interest out of the money they loaned the club as a previous poster said, so perhaps they didn’t take any interest
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:37 - Mar 13 with 1667 viewsDarran

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:34 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Well, well

There’s your answer in you asking me for proof in whather the Yanks have taken money out of the club

Yes it’s a relativly a small amount, but if they can do that for a short time loan to a club that they own

Where will it stop

Mind you it didn’t say that they took any interest out of the money they loaned the club as a previous poster said, so perhaps they didn’t take any interest

So if they didn’t take interest what money have they taken out of the club?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:43 - Mar 13 with 1661 viewsjasper_T

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:34 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Well, well

Where will it stop

I think Trust people on here have confirmed that they charged interest at reasonable bank-like rates.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 18:25 - Mar 13 with 1579 viewsvalleyboy

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:43 - Mar 13 by jasper_T

I think Trust people on here have confirmed that they charged interest at reasonable bank-like rates.

Ok, if that is the case, it’s a comparatively small amount

I would say something like £200-£250k for 3 months if it’s like a £25 million loan per time, but that 4 times a year makes that something like £800k-£1million over the year

I don’t want to upset the loan ranger but when the year end accounts are published, I’m pretty sure there will be much more of such dealings

The only thing is the year end finacial accounts will be only up to the end of June

But what is the state of those accounts now is the big question

It’s obvious that Pearlman is not the man to sort it out as otherwise why is Birch been brought in

£1.5 million for two men to run a club that’s in trouble

How bonkers is that
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 00:19 - Mar 14 with 1498 viewsjackrmee

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 12:36 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

I like this bit

“I THINK” we’re more vulnerable

Owned by a Hedge Fund

That are not prepared to put money into Swansea

Just about to announce that an insolvency expert to take charge of Swansea City

And a big black hole that will only partially improve by selling some of the best youngsters that Swansea have

And you think that Swansea are only a bit vulnerable

It was only last week that I was asked by posters to show proof that there was a black hole in the accounts

You don’t need much better proof, when Swansea are just about to announce an insolvency expert is taking charge of the club

Wait a bit

I will possibly be asked for proof that this guy is taking over next

Why do you put a line between each sentence you fuking imbecile?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:00 - Mar 14 with 1387 viewsPentyrchJack

I don't think he will come cheap and there is no way a club in our financial position can afford him as well as Pearlman and the other overpaid, underachieving, hangers on.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 1359 viewsIAN05

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 18:25 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Ok, if that is the case, it’s a comparatively small amount

I would say something like £200-£250k for 3 months if it’s like a £25 million loan per time, but that 4 times a year makes that something like £800k-£1million over the year

I don’t want to upset the loan ranger but when the year end accounts are published, I’m pretty sure there will be much more of such dealings

The only thing is the year end finacial accounts will be only up to the end of June

But what is the state of those accounts now is the big question

It’s obvious that Pearlman is not the man to sort it out as otherwise why is Birch been brought in

£1.5 million for two men to run a club that’s in trouble

How bonkers is that

With the accounts not being due until April 30th we will have to sit tight for a while yet. Unless the Trust can get their hands on the info
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 22:57 - Mar 14 with 1318 viewsLoyal

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 16:22 - Mar 13 by theloneranger

So basically the loans they claim to have made ( no proof ) are being called in by way of projected cash in over the coming months. And just to make sure they will sell whatever they can without giving a blind fck as to the consequences.
Cnts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 10:28 - Mar 15 with 1235 viewsBadlands

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 22:57 - Mar 14 by Loyal

So basically the loans they claim to have made ( no proof ) are being called in by way of projected cash in over the coming months. And just to make sure they will sell whatever they can without giving a blind fck as to the consequences.
Cnts.

They have loaned money and expect t to be paid back.
What's the beef?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 21:03 - Mar 15 with 1120 viewsQJumpingJack

Is Birch going to take over.
6 days since the story was reported, there is no comment from the club. Quite odd.
Opinions on Trevor Birch on 13:33 - Mar 16 with 1046 viewsBadlands

Opinions on Trevor Birch on 23:16 - Mar 12 by jackrmee

From what I've heard on this forum about everyone being sold in the summer, training facilities being flogged, academy closed down...
What has changed with this Birch guy coming in? You guys said that was all happening anyway mun.
Now it's much worse because it's definitely happening!
So the rumours before were just rumours, but this now confirms it? Or is it still just a rumor? I'm lost.
I just don't get what all the renewed uproar is, if you thought this assett stripping, fire sale was on the cards anyway?

He isn't the $ trilionaire Chinese Unicorn some fans excepted.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024