Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff airport 21:56 - Mar 11 with 3034 viewsbuilthjack

What's it like these days? They say it's expensive there as Westminster won't let the Welsh Govt do their own thing, in case they take numbers off Bristol.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff airport on 21:59 - Mar 11 with 1911 viewsbonymine

Flown out of Cardiff a few times this year had greeat service every trip 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Cardiff airport on 22:15 - Mar 11 with 1873 viewslonglostjack

If Brexit goes ahead there’ll be a much more convenient airport available at the former Airbus plant in Filton.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cardiff airport on 22:17 - Mar 11 with 1865 viewscontroversial_jack

Not many direct flights go from there
Cardiff airport on 22:21 - Mar 11 with 1853 viewslifelong

Flew from there recently, cheap flight, very expensive to eat and drink there, car park charges reasonable, very convenient airport.
Cardiff airport on 22:23 - Mar 11 with 1841 viewsCooperman

Woefully under utilised during the winter and at breaking point during the height of the summer.

Some excellent fares out of there if heading East using Qatar.

Terrible draught lager served at the main bar.

I’ll only use Bristol as a last resort as I find the drive to and from there tedious to say the least. Give me Heathrow over Bristol any day of the week.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cardiff airport on 22:25 - Mar 11 with 1834 viewsLord_Bony

Lacks the big low cost carriers like Ryanair or easy jet.
It's why most people continue to use Bristol because of cheap airfares.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Cardiff airport on 22:25 - Mar 11 with 1833 viewsThrasher6

Flew out of there last week.....ended up crop spraying in fields outside Cowbridge....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cardiff airport on 22:33 - Mar 11 with 1819 viewslifelong

Cardiff airport on 22:25 - Mar 11 by Lord_Bony

Lacks the big low cost carriers like Ryanair or easy jet.
It's why most people continue to use Bristol because of cheap airfares.

Ryanair have a few destinations from there, Tenerife, Faro, Malaga, Dublin, Barcelona and Malta, it’s a shame there’s not more.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff airport on 23:01 - Mar 11 with 1769 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff airport on 21:59 - Mar 11 by bonymine

Flown out of Cardiff a few times this year had greeat service every trip 👍

What's the grub like there?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cardiff airport on 23:24 - Mar 11 with 1749 viewsFireboy2

Cardiff airport on 23:01 - Mar 11 by builthjack

Where you off to Ken? Anywhere nice?
Cardiff airport on 23:35 - Mar 11 with 1745 viewsKilkennyjack

Fecking useless last summer.
Passengers herded like cattle to areas with no chairs, no food/water, no toilets. For 45 mins.

I try to use it every trip, so very disappointed....

Beware of the Risen People

Cardiff airport on 10:50 - Mar 12 with 1568 viewsProfessor

Cardiff airport on 22:23 - Mar 11 by Cooperman

Woefully under utilised during the winter and at breaking point during the height of the summer.

Some excellent fares out of there if heading East using Qatar.

Terrible draught lager served at the main bar.

I’ll only use Bristol as a last resort as I find the drive to and from there tedious to say the least. Give me Heathrow over Bristol any day of the week.

The Qatar flights are a huge boost. Manchester does well in having Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Oman, Cathay Pacific, Turkish, KLM/Air France and Lufthansa all flying out and linking into their routes, as well as direct flights to China and North America. 45 minutes and I get get anywhere with no more than a single change, usually in a better and easier hub than flying through Heathrow. Using BA is fine going out, but so stressful coming back into the UK and changing terminals in Heathrow is a right pain (having done so for Ethiopian and Avianca).

Off to Philippines in May via Hong Kong on Cathay. Did it last year with Oman via Muscat.

All airports are overpriced-Manchester even charges for dropping off and a fiver for 30 mins to pick up. Worst for markup is Addis Ababa. A beer is about a quid at most in the city and about a fiver in the airport. German airports seem most fairly priced
Cardiff airport on 11:22 - Mar 12 with 1541 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff airport on 23:24 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

Where you off to Ken? Anywhere nice?

Somewhere warm. Soon.

Cardiff airport on 18:05 - Mar 12 with 1414 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff airport on 10:50 - Mar 12 by Professor

The Qatar flights are a huge boost. Manchester does well in having Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Oman, Cathay Pacific, Turkish, KLM/Air France and Lufthansa all flying out and linking into their routes, as well as direct flights to China and North America. 45 minutes and I get get anywhere with no more than a single change, usually in a better and easier hub than flying through Heathrow. Using BA is fine going out, but so stressful coming back into the UK and changing terminals in Heathrow is a right pain (having done so for Ethiopian and Avianca).

Off to Philippines in May via Hong Kong on Cathay. Did it last year with Oman via Muscat.

All airports are overpriced-Manchester even charges for dropping off and a fiver for 30 mins to pick up. Worst for markup is Addis Ababa. A beer is about a quid at most in the city and about a fiver in the airport. German airports seem most fairly priced

Bristol airport is expensive, to park and to eat. £6.15 for a pint of Staropramen. It was nice though, so had to have another.
Cardiff airport on 18:21 - Mar 12 with 1392 viewsFlashberryjack

When possible it's Cardiff airport for me every time, food and drink are overpriced in every airport, so Cardiff is no different.

Bristol airport should be giving a discount on most flights, as you have to walk halfway to your destination before getting onto the bloody plane.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cardiff airport on 19:02 - Mar 12 with 1349 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff airport on 18:21 - Mar 12 by Flashberryjack

When possible it's Cardiff airport for me every time, food and drink are overpriced in every airport, so Cardiff is no different.

Bristol airport should be giving a discount on most flights, as you have to walk halfway to your destination before getting onto the bloody plane.

When i'm searching for a holiday I don't even bother putting Cardiff in as the departure, because I know nothing will come up
Cardiff airport on 19:08 - Mar 12 with 1341 viewsFlashberryjack

Cardiff airport on 19:02 - Mar 12 by controversial_jack

When i'm searching for a holiday I don't even bother putting Cardiff in as the departure, because I know nothing will come up

Depends on where you live and your destination I suppose.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cardiff airport on 20:00 - Mar 12 with 1311 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Cardiff airport on 19:02 - Mar 12 by controversial_jack

Don't be ridiculous. Ok, it's not a huge choice of destinations, it's not a Heathrow is it ? But I always try Cardiff first just for its convenience, and if it's short haul beach holiday you're looking for there are some good flights. I've flown to Barcelona and Majorca a couple of times from Cardiff, to name just two.
Cardiff airport on 20:06 - Mar 12 with 1304 viewsbonymine

Cardiff airport on 23:01 - Mar 11 by builthjack

I use the Airport Lounge Ken as I’ve got annual membership which is great but not sure what the bar/restaurant in the Departure Lounge is like sorry.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Cardiff airport on 20:22 - Mar 12 with 1296 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff airport on 20:00 - Mar 12 by JacksawayatWalesgame

Don't be ridiculous. Ok, it's not a huge choice of destinations, it's not a Heathrow is it ? But I always try Cardiff first just for its convenience, and if it's short haul beach holiday you're looking for there are some good flights. I've flown to Barcelona and Majorca a couple of times from Cardiff, to name just two.

Majorca or Barcelona is not exactly a great choice is it? I have actually flown to Majorca, but I had to come back to Bristol as there was no flight suitable for my 10 days.
Cardiff airport on 20:35 - Mar 12 with 1287 viewsbuilthjack

Cardiff airport on 20:06 - Mar 12 by bonymine

I use the Airport Lounge Ken as I’ve got annual membership which is great but not sure what the bar/restaurant in the Departure Lounge is like sorry.

The reviews on the airport lounge are awful. Is it really that bad?

Cardiff airport on 21:33 - Mar 12 with 1239 viewsCooperman

Cardiff airport on 20:22 - Mar 12 by controversial_jack

Majorca or Barcelona is not exactly a great choice is it? I have actually flown to Majorca, but I had to come back to Bristol as there was no flight suitable for my 10 days.

A flight to Barbados left Cardiff as recently as Sunday.

Cardiff airport on 21:34 - Mar 12 with 1237 viewsCooperman

Cardiff airport on 20:06 - Mar 12 by bonymine

See my comment re lager.

Cardiff airport on 23:13 - Mar 12 with 1164 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff airport on 21:33 - Mar 12 by Cooperman

A flight to Barbados left Cardiff as recently as Sunday.

Just the one?
Cardiff airport on 23:28 - Mar 12 with 1151 viewsmajorraglan

Being confined to school holidays I find Cardiff airport very expensive and to a pity there isn’t much of a choice because flying from Bristol is terrible. Hopefully the new Qatar service will take off.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 23:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024